Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Mate she needs a nerf on PC as well, but that isnt likely.
    No she doesn't.

That bitch and anal needs to be removed from the game,stinky terrorists.

Infraction - Trolling
    Last edited by xChurch; 2017-02-16 at 11:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombina View Post
    In a world of S76/Roadhog/incoming bastion/any tank PHARAH of all people does not need a nerf
    Im sorry but she does need a nerf on both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    No she doesn't.
    She does. If you have a poor S76 or Mccree then she just flys about freely nuking while everyone else cant do anything.

The only people who say she doesnt need a nerf are the people who main her.

She does. If you have a poor S76 or Mccree then she just flys about freely nuking while everyone else cant do anything.

Ana and Widow can counter her as well, but let me get this straight. You're saying if people play poorly as a counter, it's Pharahs fault?

10+ Year Old Account
    well hopefully bastion can provide an alternative solution to the issue of pharmercy and players who cannot snipe with ana or widowmaker as well as zenyattas who are too lazy to help soldiers experiencing difficulty in shooting her down

but like i said i just think it's really dumb that no skill heroes like roadhog and pharah require quite a bit of player skill to counter them (more than they are utilizing anyway)

i mean just look at soldier and mccree now. soldier used to be mccree for bads, and now mccree is barely useful for anything. he is a lot harder to play in general, his gun is a lot harder to aim and it takes good awareness to realize when a good time to use your ult is. and yet, his falloff and range is much worse than 76's.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-02-16 at 06:28 PM.

On PC I can make her life pretty awful while playing Zen as well. She is discord orb target number 1 if she seems to be semi good. But I used to play a ton of Pharah so I know most of her movements and tricks. I've killed her a few times as a Zen as well. I think Widow is her best combo especially if she has a pocket Mercy, which makes her super annoying.

The problem is usually less Pharah and more your team. 76 is normally the first chosen when I'm playing solo que by the rest of my team, but that rarely means it is a 76 who knows what they are doing. As a Rein/Zen/Lucio player mostly, thanks to no one wanting to play them, I can always tell a shit DD, Oh you've got a shield let me stand on the other side of it cause I'm not smart. I want healing, but I also want to go venture out on my own and die repeatedly because I'm trying to attack tanks or my direct counter instead of Phara or the healers. While 76 is the most played, all 76s are not created equal.

Having a larger hit box on console probably wouldn't be a bad fix if it really is that bad, thankfully I play PC. But as a healer/tank you really are relying on your teammates to handle their jobs correctly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Ana and Widow can counter her as well, but let me get this straight. You're saying if people play poorly as a counter, it's Pharahs fault?
    No you're twisting my words. Pretty much every class can be countered by most but Pharah can just float about freely unless you have someone half decent that can gun her down.

Not sure about a nerf, however, would be nice for a possible larger hitbox. Maybe nerf damage of her rockets, I don't know. The issues that arise is that in the game, if she's allowed to fly freely, she is a character that wrecks an opposing teams back line, and can pressure the front line. 76 is a good soft counter to her while at mid range, but more often than not will lose at close or far proximity. If she's babysat by Mercy, then it's more often than not a loss between the matchup.
    Pharah's biggest issue is that she can fly around and hit multiple people very easily and effectively takes 1 of your players off the frontline just to attempt to counter her, allowing the rest of her team to plow thru your tanks. Combined with being able to chase your healers away, she turns the right into a 6v5 very easily.
    Don't get me wrong, she's not easy to play to that devastating of an extent if played by a low skill player, but even by a moderate one (such as myself, I have no illusions), she is a very disruptive style player that can get a lot of easy kills.
    Now, I've also been in games with subpar 76/McCree players that have a hard time against her. This means that you now have to have 2-3 of your teammates focus 1 player just to keep her from wrecking your team, which is very hard to do when you have the other 5 of her teammates now rushing your 3-4. In a sense, a great Pharah player easily turns matches into a 1v3/5v3 matchup.
    Higher ranks you won't see this as often, as you have higher skilled people playing an effective 76 or hitscan, but in the 1800-2600 rankings, where most of the average people sit, this is very much more noticable.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    No you're twisting my words. Pretty much every class can be countered by most but Pharah can just float about freely unless you have someone half decent that can gun her down.
    This is the main issue I have, Pharah is the only character that requires a dedicated counter. All of the other characters can be dealt with but you absolutely need a hitscan to zone out pharah.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Game should not be balanced around idiots. Pharah is countered by 2 of the most popular hero in the game right now. Soldier and ANA. She is also countered by 2 other heroes that are also more used than Pharah, Zen and Mccree. Pharah is literally middle of the pack hero. She needs no nerf or no buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    Game should not be balanced around idiots. Pharah is countered by 2 of the most popular hero in the game right now. Soldier and ANA. She is also countered by 2 other heroes that are also more used than Pharah, Zen and Mccree. Pharah is literally middle of the pack hero. She needs no nerf or no buff.
    She's not really "countered" by Soldier though, since his spread increases too quickly to reliably kill her. She can easily just drop to the ground and heal up before he can get the last hits in. This all requires though for a Mercy to not be glued to her, which makes it even harder for the Soldier to "counter" now 2 heroes.

Granted, she's getting another counter possibly in the form of Bastion (Recon Mode).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    If I'm not playing hitscan and the enemy team has a pharah it seems like it is a guaranteed loss.
    So play a hitscan hero. Unless you're the sole tank on your team, you don't really have much of an excuse not to; you're literally refusing to play to counter the enemy team's composition. You SHOULD lose, as a result. You mentioned later you were playing Zenyatta, which means you're healing, but Ana's right there and just as good a healer as Zen is (better, usually).

While Pharah's a little over-present lately, the Bastion changes should help mitigate that (his Recon mode will be another strong hitscan option to counter her).

The real issue is that it seems like the game was expected to revolve around a 3-4 "DPS"/1-2 tank/1 healer setup (where "DPS" is both offense and defense heroes). There's 4 healers (Symmetra isn't a healer), and 5 tanks. And 13 offense and defense. So out of 23 characters, 1/6 of them are healers, 1/5 are tanks, and more than half are DPS. That only works if you're running 3-4 DPS heroes in a team. If we had that many, you'd be able to swap 2 into hitscan heroes to crap all over the Pharah whenever she popped up. I'm not sure how to mitigate the 2/2/2 meta that's emerged; any adjustment would have huge long-term effects. If you nerfed healing somewhat, healers might not even be worth bringing. If you buff health for offense heroes, the effect on damage ratios would be huge. Boosting DPS hero damage just makes healing/tanking pointless. Maybe the "fix" is to launch 2-3 new tank and healer heroes in a single update (spacing them out as they have been would take years to finish), including some with more hitscan options, and just accept the baseline 2/2/2 as the intended goal. But it's still not a problem with Pharah, specifically[/i].

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    She's not really "countered" by Soldier though, since his spread increases too quickly to reliably kill her. She can easily just drop to the ground and heal up before he can get the last hits in. This all requires though for a Mercy to not be glued to her, which makes it even harder for the Soldier to "counter" now 2 heroes.

Granted, she's getting another counter possibly in the form of Bastion (Recon Mode).
    No soldier counters her easily. Learn to tap. Soldier is literally all i play. If she has mercy, so do you or you have ana or zen and she dies and mercy cant save her anyway. Games not balanced around the worse players, shouldnt be, wont be.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    No soldier counters her easily. Learn to tap. Soldier is literally all i play. If she has mercy, so do you or you have ana or zen and she dies and mercy cant save her anyway. Games not balanced around the worse players, shouldnt be, wont be.
    Unless something drastically changed again, they removed the ability to "tap" last I checked, and bullet spread isn't based on letting go of M1 anymore.

Be honest the problem is one of two things. The first being most people play Hanzo/Genji/Junkrat and so on, this might even include you. The second being you can't aim very well, or at least well enough for your skill level on a hitscan hero. You simply should lose because of these two things.

Try playing Phrah, fly totally free and destroy everyone since nobody can really counter you...Oh wait, only DECENT people counter her. Shame your team is always the problem right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Im sorry but she does need a nerf on both.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the dumbest shit I've heard.

What rank are you?

Are you saying a bad Mccree or 76 should be able to counter her?

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So play a hitscan hero. Unless you're the sole tank on your team, you don't really have much of an excuse not to; you're literally refusing to play to counter the enemy team's composition. You SHOULD lose, as a result. You mentioned later you were playing Zenyatta, which means you're healing, but Ana's right there and just as good a healer as Zen is (better, usually).

While Pharah's a little over-present lately, the Bastion changes should help mitigate that (his Recon mode will be another strong hitscan option to counter her).

The real issue is that it seems like the game was expected to revolve around a 3-4 "DPS"/1-2 tank/1 healer setup (where "DPS" is both offense and defense heroes). There's 4 healers (Symmetra isn't a healer), and 5 tanks. And 13 offense and defense. So out of 23 characters, 1/6 of them are healers, 1/5 are tanks, and more than half are DPS. That only works if you're running 3-4 DPS heroes in a team. If we had that many, you'd be able to swap 2 into hitscan heroes to crap all over the Pharah whenever she popped up. I'm not sure how to mitigate the 2/2/2 meta that's emerged; any adjustment would have huge long-term effects. If you nerfed healing somewhat, healers might not even be worth bringing. If you buff health for offense heroes, the effect on damage ratios would be huge. Boosting DPS hero damage just makes healing/tanking pointless. Maybe the "fix" is to launch 2-3 new tank and healer heroes in a single update (spacing them out as they have been would take years to finish), including some with more hitscan options, and just accept the baseline 2/2/2 as the intended goal. But it's still not a problem with Pharah, specifically[/i].
    What gave you the impression I refused to switch?
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    This is the dumbest shit I've heard.

What rank are you?

Are you saying a bad Mccree or 76 should be able to counter her?
    So you're saying only a good mcree or 76 should be able to?

My point proven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    What gave you the impression I refused to switch?
    You said, and I quote, "If I'm not playing hitscan and the enemy team has a pharah it seems like it is a guaranteed loss". The obvious solution is to play a hitscan hero to counter the Pharah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Not sure about a nerf, however, would be nice for a possible larger hitbox. Maybe nerf damage of her rockets, I don't know. The issues that arise is that in the game, if she's allowed to fly freely, she is a character that wrecks an opposing teams back line, and can pressure the front line. 76 is a good soft counter to her while at mid range, but more often than not will lose at close or far proximity. If she's babysat by Mercy, then it's more often than not a loss between the matchup.
    Pharah's biggest issue is that she can fly around and hit multiple people very easily and effectively takes 1 of your players off the frontline just to attempt to counter her, allowing the rest of her team to plow thru your tanks. Combined with being able to chase your healers away, she turns the right into a 6v5 very easily.
    Don't get me wrong, she's not easy to play to that devastating of an extent if played by a low skill player, but even by a moderate one (such as myself, I have no illusions), she is a very disruptive style player that can get a lot of easy kills.
    Now, I've also been in games with subpar 76/McCree players that have a hard time against her. This means that you now have to have 2-3 of your teammates focus 1 player just to keep her from wrecking your team, which is very hard to do when you have the other 5 of her teammates now rushing your 3-4. In a sense, a great Pharah player easily turns matches into a 1v3/5v3 matchup.
    Higher ranks you won't see this as often, as you have higher skilled people playing an effective 76 or hitscan, but in the 1800-2600 rankings, where most of the average people sit, this is very much more noticable.
    Spot on, my sentiments exactly. 1 class to counter another but unless you have deadly quick effective aim you are quite easily taken out the game chasing about after her while she rains blow after blow.