Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    You're being attacked by the "it's just PTR crowd" who typically don't know what they're talking about. The color variations were datamined a long time ago. If there is one, it would have been there by now.
    Shaman had one mount when all the others had multiple colors, and look at them now... Maybe there will not be any more, but there could be.

10+ Year Old Account
    DH and Monk are fine, least they got a decent looking mount, variants or not...Paladin on the other hand are horrible, they don't even get a basic good looking one
    So count your class lucky and be happy

Mages get different skins because a single mount wouldn't really work, and they all have different elements and colour schemes.

Shamans get different mounts because they all have "different" main elementals so it makes sense for them to have different colour schemes.

You can't really say that about Monks. Arguably, they could add Mist effects to the Mount for Mistweaver, but that's it. A monk is a monk.

Same applies to the Demon Hunter.

I mean, yeah, arguably, they have managed to just push out palette swaps for Warriors aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    inb4 Monks getting a cloud serpent, a crane, a tiger and an ox as "variants" and then everyone complaining about Monks.
    That would be amazingsauce.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Mages get different skins because a single mount wouldn't really work, and they all have different elements and colour schemes.

Shamans get different mounts because they all have "different" main elementals so it makes sense for them to have different colour schemes.

You can't really say that about Monks. Arguably, they could add Mist effects to the Mount for Mistweaver, but that's it. A monk is a monk.

Same applies to the Demon Hunter.

I mean, yeah, arguably, they have managed to just push out palette swaps for Warriors aswell.
    I wonder where the stone shaman mount is!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    lol yes for sure, because the warrior one was datamined so so long ago

oh wait no it wasent, it was datamined after all the rest

- - - Updated - - -

because holy fucking shit, you can see them all in the game right now on the PTR, they are all items, ands colours
    Ok , this is just of the top of my head. This is the tier set that was supposed to be DH Tier 19:, it has a model and diff colours , but is nowhere to be seen in game.
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...emonHunter.jpg

This is one of the infernal mounts that got data mined , also nowhere to be seen in game
    http://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts...rdinfernal.php

The green heavenly cloud serpent got data mined in MoP, but was put to use very recently. The green firehawk was data mined when Firelandswas about to release , but got useld much later for the mount collector achievement.

As you can see, just because an item exists and has a model , doesn't mean it's gonna get used at all, let alone immediately .

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Deleted
    Because Blizzard literally hates you and has a personal grudge against YOU. PERSONALLY. ONLY YOU.

As a monk main, I'm not upset about having only 1 color variety (although I don't give a shit about pets so having one doesn't make up for it), but rather how lame the tiger flying animation is. It's floating around with dragging limbs like it's being pulled by an invisible hand (like the arcanist manasaber except without wings), while at least the warlock and paladin horses are actually running in the air like the HFC moose does (the horses are btw way underrated, who cares if those classes have ancient, low-res horses available, they can't compare to the new mounts)

EDIT: Nevermind, seems they've updated tigers to run, or the video I watched was in accurate. I'm happy.
    Last edited by Beingbob; 2017-02-17 at 07:10 PM.

Even if its not implemented, its down to personal preference.

Me for example, I find the shaman mount hideous in all forms. And I quite like the DH one.

Yeah, but Demon Hunters fly in the air then punch the ground to summon their mount. The animation more than makes up for it. Source: completed the quest on the PTR - it's super easy, quick and pretty boring.

Rogue one is tough and really fun. Warrior one is just... well... you can probably guess. The cinematic at the end has you punch a dragon in the face though, so that's awesome.
    Last edited by willtron; 2017-02-17 at 11:13 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by dragon171 View Post
    DH and Monk are fine, least they got a decent looking mount, variants or not...Paladin on the other hand are horrible, they don't even get a basic good looking one
    So count your class lucky and be happy
    Idk I'd say DH one is worse to honest , they put so much on it - it got ruined. Buuuut, I agree on the pally (old main) mount too ! I really don't mind it being a horse , after all it's thematically fitting. But they could've made it incredibly cool , like a holy version of Invincible. But noooo, they made it incredibly generic , with tiny horrible armour - I personally think it's a downgrade from the charger. Therefor I will continue to use the winged guardian on my pally as the flyer (perfect Paladin flyer imho).
    For example locks get a horse as well, but at least that one is a clear upgrade from their previous mount .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nakloh View Post
    Because Blizzard literally hates you and has a personal grudge against YOU. PERSONALLY. ONLY YOU.
    Omg , no way O.O can I send them cookies to make it all better ? :'( :'( :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Even if its not implemented, its down to personal preference.

Me for example, I find the shaman mount hideous in all forms. And I quite like the DH one.
    Really ? O.o interesting ! I wanna like the DH mount , honestly , but keep thinking that I would rather get a normal illidari felbat without all that armor crap. The shammy mount though , especially the fire one , I just love it. I like most of the, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Yeah, but Demon Hunters fly in the air then punch the ground to summon their mount. The animation more than makes up for it. Source: completed the quest on the PTR - it's super easy, quick and pretty boring.

Rogue one is tough and really fun. Warrior one is just... well... you can probably guess. The cinematic at the end has you punch a dragon in the face though, so that's awesome.
    Could you link a video of something please ? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post

- - - Updated - - -

I'm at work, I'll record it when I'm home tonight.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    I'm at work, I'll record it when I'm home tonight.
    Sweet ! Thanks bro ! ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    inb4 Monks getting a cloud serpent, a crane, a tiger and an ox as "variants" and then everyone complaining about Monks.
    Could be, could be! I only have a lvl 100 monk but that would be cool. Crane for MW, Ox for BrM and tiger for WW. But mages didnt get a skateboard, a phoenix or a water elemental to fly on so I guess it wont happen anyway:P

Quote Originally Posted by Amerikanec View Post
    Idk I'd say DH one is worse to honest , they put so much on it - it got ruined. Buuuut, I agree on the pally (old main) mount too ! I really don't mind it being a horse , after all it's thematically fitting. But they could've made it incredibly cool , like a holy version of Invincible. But noooo, they made it incredibly generic , with tiny horrible armour - I personally think it's a downgrade from the charger. Therefor I will continue to use the winged guardian on my pally as the flyer (perfect Paladin flyer imho).
    For example locks get a horse as well, but at least that one is a clear upgrade from their previous mount .

- - - Updated - - -

Omg , no way O.O can I send them cookies to make it all better ? :'( :'( :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Really ? O.o interesting ! I wanna like the DH mount , honestly , but keep thinking that I would rather get a normal illidari felbat without all that armor crap. The shammy mount though , especially the fire one , I just love it. I like most of the, tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm meh about most of them xD But the priest, rogue and shaman are just not my cup of tea at all. DK is my favorite,

As a reference, My mains are a DH, Shaman and DK

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I'm meh about most of them xD But the priest, rogue and shaman are just not my cup of tea at all. DK is my favorite,

As a reference, My mains are a DH, Shaman and DK
    Yeah , the DK is there in top tier for me too ^^ I think the priest owl is cool, but I'm not sure if I would actually ride it. Don't have a priest though so it's fine i even like the Mage disc , i think it's neat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    They don't need variants.
    This. They don't need variants. They lack a thematic to their speccs to begin with.

I like the DH bat. Maybe it well get the gryphon treatment and they release an unarmored Version of it. Maybe even for all classes.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1. the DH vengence one has allready been datamined
    2. its unlikely DKS get 3 mount colours, and 3 pets, then monks get 1 pet, and 1 mount colour... monk will 100% get 2 more variations soon
    3. the demon hunter pepe thing is a joke...
    Really, can you show me the Vengeance one? It was mentioned in another video, but I can't quite find it. Maybe I'm blind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phinx View Post
    I like the DH bat. Maybe it well get the gryphon treatment and they release an unarmored Version of it. Maybe even for all classes.
    I wish. I really don't like the axe-head. I hate it on the T20 as well. :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Congregation of Our Knights Most Heavenly
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post

What are you talking about? Monks have different spirit animals which are more distint than just spell effect colors mages have.

Brewmasters have the Niuzao, WW have Xuen, MW have Chi-Ji/Yulon. How is that less than a mage's element and color scheme?