Poll: How many Bosses per Raid do you like?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    8 to 10 is my preference.
    Nameless hunter pets make me rage. You have been warned.

Seeing how Ulduar was the most amazing raid ever created, 14.

I do find it somewhat sad that they will probably never exceed or even match 15 bosses in Naxx

IMO, there is no magical fixed number.

The main thing is that each boss feels memorable, and that killing a boss makes you truly feel like you've progressed further into the instance. Also, the raid shouldn't be bloated with trash (like NH or HFC) if you're going to include 10+ bosses.

Naxx40 had 15 bosses, but "worked" for me because at the time, each boss was very memorable. It felt like they put tons of effort and care into the mechanics of each encounter.

AQ40 had 6 mandatory bosses, but "worked" for me also because each boss was distinct from the next, and you were traveling down a long, tall, winding silithid tunnel into the heart of an Old God's prison. I remember feeling so excited to move one step closer to C'Thuns lair with each progression kill.

Bastion of Twilight only had 4 bosses, but 100% worked for me because it wasn't trying to be the "omg super epic mega crazy raid!!" - each boss was challenging, memorable, and very thematically well made.

10. boss 1>boss 2> 3 more bosses> 3 more bosses> 9th boss> last boss.

Because MMORPG are not supposed to be random multiplayer matchmaking 30min playing time per day, like CoD.

LFR heroes need to stop trying changing the game to fit their needs.

Deleted
    The size of the raid is relative to how you use it

Penis jokes aside, I think the raid size is important but it's the ramp up in difficulty that needs to be more focused upon. Blizzard are enjoying giving us the option of non-linear progressive paths but when one path is considerably easier than the other it makes no difference because everyone take the same route - illusion of choice.

If the raid gets progressively more difficult, as opposed to having "wings" and the end wing boss being on steroids then I'd say 10-12 is great, if they prefer the wing format then 8 is perfect; 1 entry level, 2 wings with 2 lower difficult and 1 harder boss and 1 end boss that is a large step up in difficulty.

Deleted
    Depends how long they have to last. 13 bosses is a lot, but HFC needed to be big as it lasted a year.
    For 5/6 months 9-11 bosses is perfect I think

10+ Year Old Account
    Always been a fan of the 8+ selection
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    9-11 is the sweet spot for me

however many bosses Ulduar had - 14??

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    A better poll would be:

Which is your favorite expansion?

• A.) Vanilla
    • B.) Vanilla
    • C.) Vanilla
    • D.) Vanilla
    • E.) All of the above.
    Wasn't MC, ZG and Onyxia still relevant raids at the end of vanilla?
    I really liked having one main raid with tier loot, one side raid with other pieces and one cave raid with 1-2 bosses (onyxia, gruul etc)

Around 10 is the sweet spot for me.

Deleted
    I'm having a hard time memorizing all boss mechanix of NHold to be able to pug it.
    How can you guys memorize 12 bosses and do it all in one go? Thats insane.

This is only a problem in the beginning of the raid launch, i'm just late to the party.

For me its:
    3-5 bosses for a mini-raid
    6-8 bosses for a non tier raid
    10 bosses for a tier raid.

And i like the boss to fit the core of the raid. HFC have 13 bosses (too much for me), and a lot of them not fit the raid for me. It was just put this here and there to just have a lot of boss. ToV had bosses who fit well...EN the bosses fit well too...NH, i think trilliax and skorpyron don`t fit there.

OP you can beat LFR without knowing anything about a single boss. Watching videos and memorizing tactics isn't needed when the boss is pretty much guaranteed to die and everything hits like a wet noodle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like 10-12 per RAID TIER. Which means over 2 or so raids. EN + ToV = 10, NH = 10 which are fine.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    OP you can beat LFR without knowing anything about a single boss. Watching videos and memorizing tactics isn't needed when the boss is pretty much guaranteed to die and everything hits like a wet noodle.
    I pug on LFG Normal mode every week and is a ruthless world.
    As a Tank if i don't know the tactics is an instant kick. I must know every single Tank mechanics and switches on debuffs, mob placement etc.

Last phase of Odyn for example is an instant wipe if i don't know what i am doing.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-02-17 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    Wasn't MC, ZG and Onyxia still relevant raids at the end of vanilla?
    I really liked having one main raid with tier loot, one side raid with other pieces and one cave raid with 1-2 bosses (onyxia, gruul etc)
    No, not really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Wet noodle yes, but people are 100% retarded in lfr so wipes are still possible. Ive joined a 2 determination skorpyron before.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    7-10 I guess. 2-4 boss raids should be supplementary content like ToV. 5-6ish feels like it's just short of a solid raid experience. 11+ feels daunting.

I also prefer non linearity and options to skip things. ToT was a great sized and enjoyable raid, but you had to wade through the linear path every single time and it would have gotten old if the instance wasn't as short lived as it was.

Nighthold is pretty solid, though I think that they could maybe cut down on the trash a tiny bit. I like living instances full of actual occupants, but I also don't like wading through crowds upon crowds while navigating.
    You pretty much typed out my thoughts perfectly. Agree 100%.

For the climactic raid of the expansion (BT, ICC, SoO, etc...) I am very cool with going to an even bigger size raid because it's what the entire expansion was building to, but for the earlier ones... yeah, 7-10 is about perfect.