Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    oh so then what's the fuss about. maybe people should just "grow thicker skin" and stop being "delicate snowflakes" about the media hurting the feelings of their favorite youtuber.
    Eh, as much as it pains me to even toe the line with defending him (because I find him painfully obnoxious to the extreme, and his jokes like these stupid, offensive and deserving of all the criticism they've received), media are overreacting. The Vox article is a pretty good example of that.

This is a teaching moment. He's done stupid shit, especially lately. He's been on the receiving end of the consequences (dropped by Disney and rightfully criticized). It's pretty much time to call it a day unless he acts out again. But instead, old media are going over the top and maligning him in a major way, both for clicks for themselves and because old media will largely take any excuse to shit all over new media. Why? Because new media are continuing to post a very real threat to old media, and continue to chip away at the audience old media once had a monopoly on.

Some of the media are being as transparently clickbaity and outrageous as Pewdiepie was with this shit, because a lot of the younger writers largely lacking in self awareness nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Absolutely. But there are actually laws against defamation.
    then he should sue and have his day in court. whining about other people's opinions about "just a joke" is pretty ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    Did you misquote me? Where did I say there was anything wrong with what PewDiePie did?
    I wasn't bashing on you, I know what you said. I was just bashing on the people commenting on this BS. However, I was talking to you about the whole litteral nonsense. However, It's not just you though. People need to stop arguing with each-other about this shit, man. It's a small thing people got offended on...

You shouldn't be taking this too litterally, neither should the people hating on pewdiepie. Simple...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post

When will the right wing victim complex ever stop?
    You disagree with me, YOU MUST BE RIGHT LEANING!
    #boycottchina

What's even the point?
    They quoted Nazis who apparently think the he is trying to subtly look like them. Given the topic it is relevant.

Deleted
    They quoted Nazis who apparently think the he is trying to subtly look like them. Given the topic it is relevant.
    Because of round glasses? That means that John Lennon was also a Nazi?

I don't know. Ask the Nazis who said it.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how that is satire.

When will the right wing victim complex ever stop?
    I never said it was satire, that's what someone else said. Felix was testing Fiverr's limits.

The last thing YOU can claim someone else of having a victim complex, mister "it's okay to punch Nazis w/o punishment because they could hurt us!" That's about as backwards thinking as pizzagate was.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    His defensiveness and word choice allows for that interpretation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, can't you see it!

All this time :O
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I don't know. Ask the Nazis who said it.
    And yet it was Vox that made the pointless connection.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    SO, pewdiepie makes 1 SMALL joke (A Joke people make from time to time, sometimes as well), and now he's getting shut down because "OH MAH GERD! DIS IS RACIST". So, when I make a 911 joke, it's considered a small slap on the wrist, but when pewdiepie makes a small hitler joke (That isn't supposed to be taken seriously), HE GETS FUCKED IN THE ASS FOR IT?! WHAT?!

Also, Wasn't disney originally created by a german during the WW2 days? Hmmm, I wonder why they think they have a word to say in this, even though they don't.....
    If you can't figure out that having walt disney in their past is part of the reason disney wants to distance themselves from even hints of anti-semitism, you're clueless. This was a completely predictable series of events that happened after someone far enough up the chain at disney found out the content of his videos.

If this was an attack on "non-traditional media sources" because "traditional media sources" were scared, disney wouldn't have bought them in the first place. They didn't pull down any of the videos. They cancelled the content they were paying him to make. These companies wanted to co-opt him and profit from him, not shut him down, and were doing just that until they thought he would cause damage to their brand.

People claiming this is slander need to remember that slander requires lies. WSJ printed a story not because they were "scared" but because they thought people would be interested in the subject. Looks like they were right. Trying to make this into a conspiracy is just the product of lunatic minds. WSJ was just doing their job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I didn't bother rebutting him calling me right wing, but I have been called a hill shill a cuck and other glorious insults from people.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Again, as I said just before, he HAS made 1 joke before. However, i'm now saying they should be forced to sponsor him. However, they shouldn't be pussies either, and leave cause of 1 joke, out of a MILLION. Actually, i'm glad they left pewdiepie. Now, I don't have to see their shit faces again...
    I fail to see the problem then. If you want to be sponsored by Disney, you have to be delivering content that Disney wants to be associated with. If you want to deliver content Disney doesn't like, it's /better/ to not be sponsored by them, because then you don't have their image hovering over your actions. If you want Pewdiepie to be doing more of this type of stunt, him breaking with Maker studio is a win-win.

This really isn't a tragedy for anyone. It's a business relationship that was ended because the two partners wanted different things. Pewdiepie is still going to be making money, and I don't think this is likely to sink Disney or Google as companies either. Neither side needs the other, it's not actually going to change how anybody behaves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    This really isn't a tragedy for anyone. It's a business relationship that was ended because the two partners wanted different things. Pewdiepie is still going to be making money, and I don't think this is likely to sink Disney or Google as companies either. Neither side needs the other, it's not actually going to change how anybody behaves.
    It actually hurts those involved in the production of the Scare Pewdiepie the most.

And yet it was Vox that made the pointless connection.
    Somebody using Nazi imagery being praised by Nazis is a pointless connection?

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    youtube blocked his ad revenue last i heard.
    They took him off their "google preferred" status, but didn't block his ad revenue. The whole point behind google preferred is that the advertisers who are paying for it, want their ads on channels that are popular and aren't going to damage their brand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by -MDH- View Post
    The last thing YOU can claim someone else of having a victim complex, mister "it's okay to punch Nazis w/o punishment because they could hurt us!" That's about as backwards thinking as pizzagate was.
    How does punching a Nazi make you a victim? I thought the poor Nazis getting punched were victims.

Deleted
    Somebody using Nazi imagery being praised by Nazis is a pointless connection?
    Again, I bring you John Lennon.

Again, I bring you John Lennon.
    No Nazis said that about John Lennon. Also, the Nazis talked about more than just glasses.