Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i'm not going to argue with this level of headcanon.
    It's not headcanon. It's fact, which is the real reason why you can't argue. Now, ms. derp, since YOU believe demons are actually born, please tell me who gave birth to Nathrezim and Pit Lords. Bring on the nathrezim cubs for my warlock to enslave.

you can read the chronicle for yourself

Oh, I can? Thank you captain obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    It's not headcanon. It's fact, which is the real reason why you can't argue.
    oh i can argue. i just choose not to. if you want to headcanon and sit in ignorance, that's your problem.

oh i can argue
    I don't know. Can you? You seem to be incapable of understanding what you're implying and ultimately claiming.

if you want to headcanon and sit in ignorance, that's your problem.
    I'm not presenting headcanon and sitting in ignorance, so I don't have a problem. You have the problem derpkit. YOU claimed demons are born but are denying that someone gave birth to them, stating something that conflicts with YOUR claim that demons are born. You're not proving me wrong and I'm still waiting for you to tell me how demons aren't mortals (living beings that can die). Since you believe demons are fleshly, living beings that can die, demons must be mortals given YOUR logic.

7+ Year Old Account
    oh i can argue. i just choose not to. if you want to headcanon and sit in ignorance, that's your problem.
    demons arnt born, they are created...

some like the felhunter may be born, as they are more animal like, and may be a corrupted species of animal, turned demon, but how are infernals born? how are nathrezim born? etc...

how do voidwalkers have sex? infernals? how do succubus have sex with other succubus to make babies? (god danmit william we dont want to hear about the futas)

have we ever seen baby demons?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    demons arnt born, they are created...

some like the felhunter may be born, as they are more animal like, and may be a corrupted species of animal, turned demon, but how are infernals born? how are nathrezim born? etc...

how do voidwalkers have sex? infernals? how do succubus have sex with other succubus to make babies? (god danmit william we dont want to hear about the futas)

have we ever seen baby demons?
    i don't get why people are being so willfully ignorant here? like jesus christ, it's basic skills of deduction.

how the fuck would a race be born in that way if there were none? obviously i meant born in the sense of created. formed from the magical energies.

7+ Year Old Account
    i don't get why people are being so willfully ignorant here? like jesus christ, it's basic skills of deduction.

how the fuck would a race be born in that way if there were none? obviously i meant born in the sense of created. formed from the magical energies.
    then say created, not born unless you are saying "the demons were born from the clash of light and dark'

but yeah i only read you were saying they were born, use the word created though
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

This thread has gone waaaaaay off topic. Anyone on PTR that's done the quest care to share any insight on what the quest line is like for the rest of us?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    then say created, not born unless you are saying "the demons were born from the clash of light and dark'

but yeah i only read you were saying they were born, use the word created though
    at any rate, i don't even think that's what he's arguing. he's arguing that nathrezim aren't real demons when the fucking chronicle specifically says they are pure demons, and that pure demons are 'born' in the nether by the clashing of light and void with the energies of the nether.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    This thread has gone waaaaaay off topic. Anyone on PTR that's done the quest care to share any insight on what the quest line is like for the rest of us?
    it's my thread, so i say demonic origins are pertinent to the topic of the demon horse we're gonna get.

anyway, no, i haven't done the quest yet. but i have seen people who have and if any of them are here, it'd be nice to know how you get the chaotic version. i've seen an affliction warlock with the chaotic version when the other affliction locks i've seen had the cursed version.

at any rate, i don't even think that's what he's arguing. he's arguing that nathrezim aren't real demons
    You're lying because nowhere does any of my former posts here claim nathrezim aren't demons.

You really should be asking why you are being so willfully ignorant here. Demons are not living beings that can die because if they are, they're essentially mortals who cheat death. YOU (key word: YOU) are basically treating demons as mortals (living beings that can die), but you would claim that demons are immortal merely because Blizzard's employees state so. Clearly the issue isn't me. It's Blizzard's employees and your inability to accept that Blizzard's employees are playing with you. Blizzard's employees are known for their misnomers and word games - things that are clearly confusing you.

What the next asinine thing will you claim next? That demons who have their souls bound to something aren't undead because they're not skeletal? Death Knights can have flesh and souls tethered to something.

They were formed from magical energies? Now you are contradicting yourself ms. derp. You claimed demons have flesh so if what you stated is true, demons were formed with energy and FLESH.

At this point, I don't believe you even understand what the term astral can means.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainforest View Post
    They were formed from magical energies? Now you are contradicting yourself ms. derp. You claimed demons have flesh so if what you stated is true, demons were formed with energy and FLESH.

At this point, I don't believe you even understand what the term astral can means.
    the chronicle states that the formation of life in the universe was light coalescing to form elementals. elementals, beings of elemental energy, then evolved over time to the lifeforms that we see today.

demons were formed directly into the forms that you see, nathrezim and others. they are "flesh" beings that you can touch, they're not ephemeral(not all of them are, at least) in the warcraft universe.

idk what fucking religion or fantasy you're pulling your demon knowledge from, and i don't care. that's the way warcraft demons work, because that's the way blizzard says they work. that's the end of the discussion, because there's no alternative to the facts of the situation.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-02-18 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It will probably be changed because many people have complained (mostly because it is just two classes)

In all honesty it once again makes evident that the profession team messed up badly with pandemonite. Of the 6 rare gems, pandemonite is the only one required for EVERY worthwhile recipe. It severely inflates its price.
    They already said they're looking into it...

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...page=4#post-68

the chronicle states that the formation of life in the universe was light coalescing to form elementals. elementals, beings of elemental energy, then evolved over time to the lifeforms that we see today.
    You're taking canon out of context. The Chronicle establishes that shards of Light suffused matter with the spark of life, giving rise to creatures. These creatures from the Great Dark? They're not demons, entities that were formed as a result of the Light and Void energies bleeding together at the borders of the Twisting Nether. Demons have an existence entirely different from those originating from the Great Dark Beyond and in no sense is that existence "living".

demons were formed directly into the forms that you see, nathrezim and others. they are "flesh" beings that you can touch
    You need a canon source confirming your headcanon that demons are flesh beings. Demons are from an astral dimension separate from the physical universe PER the Chronicle - not me. The Twisting Nether, as an astral dimension, isn't a physical realm because if it is, it's no different from the Great Dark Beyond. The Nether does not represent the physical realm and claiming that demons are physical beings that can exist in a nonphysical place is akin to claiming that a rock can exist inside a ghost. You seem crazy and incapable of discovering the solution to our dilemma here (don't take everything Blizzard's employees state seriously).

they're not ephemeral in the warcraft universe.
    http://wowmagic.wikia.com/wiki/Imps

^Mr. Imp here is not a flesh being.

idk what fucking
    Please don't curse. Calm yourself.

that's the way warcraft demons work
    You don't seem to understand how warcraft demons work ms. derp.

Demons are from an astral dimension and are therefore, by extension, astral entities. They are not physical bodies. They may have physical bodies but they're not physical bodies and those who claim demons are physical beings with souls tethered to the Nether are basically treating demons as non-skeletal liches - undead beings who can be reborn and have eternal life per Blizzard.

Demons are not living no matter how many times you scream they are. They're not living if they're from an astral dimension (they would be twisting spirits) and they're not living if they have spirits tethered to the Nether. Demons would be just as living as liches who have their souls tethered to phylacteries or fleshy death knights who have souls tethered to runeblades. Come on now derp, your claim that demons are natural beings is just pure, enraging bs because demons are not natural - not "natural" as death knights are anyways. At least death knights (prior to being dead) were actual living beings who were born with living parents and had "normal" blood, hearts, and brains that don't mutate those who ingest it. At least death knights aren't from dead demon worlds that the Legion purged of all life with their destructive, entropic, and poisonous fel energies. At least death knights aren't from a place separate from reality.

anyway, no, i haven't done the quest yet. but i have seen people who have and if any of them are here, it'd be nice to know how you get the chaotic version. i've seen an affliction warlock with the chaotic version when the other affliction locks i've seen had the cursed version.
    I've seen both Demonology and Destruction with the Accursed (purple) version, and I've seen Destruction with the Chaotic (green version). I've never seen anyone with the orange mount.

I can only assume people are completing the quest as one spec, getting the mount associated with it and then switching specs. As of the moment there doesn't seem to be anything restricting mounts to individual specs. As for obtaining the other specs' mounts, the mount journal does suggest you can buy them from Calydus (assuming you need to have completed the quest to do so).

I'm hoping you can actually obtain and use all three mounts regardless of spec. Seems unlikely though...

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I've seen both Demonology and Destruction with the Accursed (purple) version, and I've seen Destruction with the Chaotic (green version). I've never seen anyone with the orange mount.

I can only assume people are completing the quest as one spec, getting the mount associated with it and then switching specs. As of the moment there doesn't seem to be anything restricting mounts to individual specs. As for obtaining the other specs' mounts, the mount journal does suggest you can buy them from Calydus (assuming you need to have completed the quest to do so).

I'm hoping you can actually obtain and use all three mounts regardless of spec. Seems unlikely though...
    the mounts change depending on your spec. i've seen someone with the orange one, but he was too far from me and kept loading in and out, so i didn't try to inspect and see his spec.

the dev on twitter said that green fire wouldn't have anything to do with the mount colors, so i have no idea how you get the chaotic version. i assumed that the cursed would be affliction and the orange would be destro. but i have no idea.

hope they hurry up with the changes so i can do the quest to learn.

the mounts change depending on your spec.
    They do not. I have obtained the mount on the PTR. As of now, all warlock specializations have access to all three of the color variations. You receive the green version when you complete the quest, the orange one is purchasable from Calydus, and the purple one drops from a named mob.

Deleted
    So do you need to be in certain spec to use certain colour? Or just to obtain it? I want the green one, all the others look silly. Do I need to be in specific spec to be able to use the green pony, and if yes, which spec?

Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    They do not. I have obtained the mount on the PTR. As of now, all warlock specializations have access to all three of the color variations. You receive the green version when you complete the quest, the red one is purchasable from Calydus, and the purple one drops from a named mob.
    oh. well damn, that's a cool way of doing it. thanks for letting us know.

i'm sorry you spent all that gold on pandemonite...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gar1234 View Post
    They do not. I have obtained the mount on the PTR. As of now, all warlock specializations have access to all three of the color variations. You receive the green version when you complete the quest, the orange one is purchasable from Calydus, and the purple one drops from a named mob.
    So green is the default colour and you can use it in any spec? This is excellent news!

i'm sorry you spent all that gold on pandemonite...
    I mean, it's just the PTR. It's not like I spent the gold on my live character.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominus89 View Post
    So the old mount has nothing to do with warlocks either? They literally come from the same planet, they're both demon horses.
    Dont get me wrong, I dont like it either and I think Blizzard could've been a little bit more creative with the warlock and the paladin mounts, but to say it has nothing to do with warlocks is just false.
    If it looked like a demon horse, you'd have a point but it does not. Whatever "story" or excuse they came up with to justify us getting a lousy, uncreative skeletal horse is irrelevant.