Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    You don't find it a little appalling that Trump is clearly abusing his position in government for personal gain? You don't think it's a little shitty for our president to start campaigning for his second term as soon as he's in office?
    Not at all. And i'll tell you why. They all do it, and we know they all do it. Left, Right, Democrats, Republicans. The whole fucking lot of them. You want to be mad? Be mad at the 120 million dumb fucking voters who fall for this bullshit every 4 goddamn years.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    It's also important since the only demographics where the Republicans managed clear majorities are the demographics that are rapidly declining as a share of the total population (thank god).
    Nice - so you are happily awaiting the downfall of the white race. Well, at least your honest (you and AlexW).

Regardless, people that "think" like the "old white people" are doing just fine. And by the best measure they are going to be just as vocal against liberals/progressives as they are now. What, you think people that abhor the liberal/progressive agenda are only white people? Ya...no wonder you still cannot comprehend why Trump actually won.

The Democrats (and the liberal/progressive agenda) is DONE. Toast. You do not have - and most likely will never have again - any discernible power. Period.

Look had what has happened over the last 8 years - people rejected Obama and his platform.

1000 Democrats seats lost.

Republicans control the White House, The Senate, and the House.

33 Republican Governors. 32 Republican State Legislatures.

The Republicans only need ONE more State Legislature and they will have a 2/3's majority in the country. Know what that means? Was this on your naturalization test? It means that the Republicans can ammend the Constitution and the Democrats won't be able to do a fucking thing about it.

Let's also remember that Gorsuch WILL BE confirmed (the Democrats are completely impotent to stop it.) More than likely, Trump will appoint 2-3 more as well. There is also the likelihood that the Senate will gain a 60 person majority in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Nice - so you are happily awaiting the downfall of the white race. Well, at least your honest (you and AlexW).
    Why do you assume he's happy white people are going away? Could just as easily read that as being happy the GOP is going to suffer demographic appeal problems.

Kind of primed to be outraged aren't you?

- - - Updated - - -

The Democrats (and the liberal/progressive agenda) is DONE. Toast. You do not have - and most likely will never have again - any discernible power. Period.
    You'd think people would stop claiming things like this by now, especially when their party struggles to win more voters.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    That sounds less impressive than saying he won more than just the straight white man vote. Since it's just adding the straight white woman vote. But yeah sure.
    Well it casts an interesting spin on the later "Women's march." Was it a march of Women? Or just Liberal Women?

Trump also performed better among non-White people than previous Republican candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Was it a march of Women? Or just Liberal Women?
    Jesus Christ.

Trump also performed better among non-White people than previous Republican candidates.
    8%! A veritable tidal wave! Up a whole less than margin of error!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Not in the slightest. I am happily awaiting a decline in the number of Evangelicals and far-right apologists so we can get an actually sane conservative opposition.

Regardless, people that "think" like the "old white people" are doing just fine. And by the best measure they are going to be just as vocal against liberals/progressives as they are now. What, you think people that abhor the liberal/progressive agenda are only white people? Ya...no wonder you still cannot comprehend why Trump actually won.
    I'm really not interested in your concern trolling explanations as to why Trump won, because Trump didn't win. The Democrats lost and Trump happened to be there.

The Democrats (and the liberal/progressive agenda) is DONE. Toast. You do not have - and most likely will never have again - any discernible power. Period
    Are you saying there's never going to be another election?

Look had what has happened over the last 8 years - people rejected Obama and his platform.

1000 Democrats seats lost.

Republicans control the White House, The Senate, and the House.

33 Republican Governors. 32 Republican State Legislatures.

The Republicans only need ONE more State Legislature and they will have a 2/3's majority in the country. Know what that means? Was this on your naturalization test? It means that the Republicans can ammend the Constitution and the Democrats won't be able to do a fucking thing about it.
    I'd really like to see a minority government try and pull a constitutional convention designed at attacking the states that actually fund the country.

Let's also remember that Gorsuch WILL BE confirmed (the Democrats are completely impotent to stop it.) More than likely, Trump will appoint 2-3 more as well. There is also the likelihood that the Senate will gain a 60 person majority in 2018.
    Because the last time the Democrats were out of power in a big way, they never resurged when the electoral landscape shifted. Oh, wait.

The Democrats' failure is generally more attributable to a bad ground game in terms of state and local elections (meaning, of course, the DNC) and more importantly the fact that the Third Way movement is demonstrating itself to be an utter failure. People are tired of supposedly left wing parties looking more like conservative-lite; Obama's failure was that he promised Change and for the most part gave the US more of the same. It was stable, relatively competent government but it did not address the core of issues that were built up as a result of the Reagan Revolution.

I know that, like most Republicans, your electoral knowledge seems to have an eight year retention and is solely restricted to the United States, but this particular road has been walked before by left wing parties and - guess what - barring right wing attempts to legally perpetuate themselves by illegalising opposition there is always a point at which the opposition will get into power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Christ on a bike you guys love a good Trump bashing. Why not stop bitching about him and actually judge him after his term. He could end up being an absolute success but the same old pc brigade will still be out for his head.
    If they did that, then they would have nothing to bitch about since they wont go after anyone like Hillary who lost the election because of her own idiocy with not campaigning in certain states due to those states "always voting for democrat party".
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure how that's relevant to the women's march. He didn't win the woman vote. He won the white woman vote.

The increase in non-white votes could honestly be contributed to Clinton being a female. I imagine she had many people vote for her simply because she was a female but I also imagine many people didn't vote for her because she was a female. Sexism is present in all races for sure. Regardless, as pointed out, it wasn't a huge difference.
    54% isn't bad, but considering it wasn't uniform across race, I think its disingenuous to suggest those marchers or even Democrats can claim to be universally the voice of all women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    54% isn't bad, but considering it wasn't uniform across race, I think its disingenuous to suggest those marchers or even Democrats can claim to be universally the voice of all women.
    Did they?

10char

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakeic View Post
    Why must you analyze everything with your relentless logic?

Michelle? Is that you?

I don't think they're claiming that. I think they're claiming to be the voice of themselves and all the women who wanted to be there but couldn't. I'm not sure what your point is but if you have that many people out protesting against you, you probably did something wrong.
    I suspect the amount of people out there marching was dwarfed by the amount of people sitting at home watching them on television and calling them idiots. So I'm guessing he did something right, like win an election. The term 'silent majority' comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    A big part of being president is raising funds for your fellow Republicans or Democrats, all the presidents do it. A president is kind of like a movie star in that people want to meet him and that lets the president raise a lot of money.

Trump doesn't need campaign contributions, he's rich.
    I may be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be (or at least, up until 45 there was) a line between "campaigning" and "doing your job."

They're not supposed to mix. If you're campaigning, keep business out of it (so no "pay to play"). If you're doing business, no campaigning.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    I suspect the amount of people out there marching was dwarfed by the amount of people sitting at home watching them on television and calling them idiots. So I'm guessing he did something right, like win an election. The term 'silent majority' comes to mind.
    Wow, what brilliant insight. 'The number of people able to take a weekend to go to DC and march is much smaller than the people who disagree with them!' Yeah, that's totally a fair comparison, because the deplorables that voted for Trump really had to put in effort to turn their TVs to Fox or their browsers to Breitbart. Good job there, Nate Silver, your powers of statistical analysis astound us.

You can suspect it all you want. It doesn't make it reality and it doesn't change the fact I stated. If you have millions of people protesting against you, you probably did something wrong.
    And if you have tens of millions voting for you, you probably did something right.

And if you have tens of millions voting for you, you probably did something right.
    Couldn't even get close to winning the popular vote and is the least popular new president in modern history. Trump supporters routinely overestimate how much he's liked.

Success in one thing does not equate to success in another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Couldn't even get close to winning the popular vote and is the least popular new president in modern history. Trump supporters routinely overestimate how much he's liked.
    He was liked enough to win an election. The popular vote is completely meaningless in a system where voting is voluntary, yet the left keep clinging to it like it's a life raft.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Not only is he the least popular new president, he's also the most unpopular new president in modern history, whereas in the past many typically had no opinion or were unsure.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    We totally need an anime about some chibi girl with orange skin and trump's hairstyle that is trying to achieve world domination!
    To make fun of the PotUs's skin color a year ago would have been considered racist. I wonder why I find that so strange that it isn't now.

He was liked enough to win an election. The popular vote is completely meaningless in a system where voting is voluntary, yet the left keep clinging to it like it's a life raft.
    How does this even make sense?