Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    If only it didn't had crit...
    Yahaha, true but i only got 3.3m hp and refuse to use anything except Devastator! *It's SOOO Good!* So being blown apart is pretty common as tanking shortage allows me ofcourse to enter content where im 20 ilvls below everyone else.

And ofc it allows me alot of more freedom with my defensive cd's as i can play extremely risky with them as the trinket will save me if i miscalculated!
    Last edited by mmocdfdf1a8f27; 2017-02-18 at 01:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashtronaut View Post
    So I just got "Shard of Rokmora" anyone got any info on this trinket? Or can point me to trinket info?

Got two shitty pvp trinkets but higher ilvl in its place right now
    I got it last week in 880 from Mythic 15 and asked the same question. The answer was "get Darkmoon: Immortality" which obviously didn't answer my question. Sorry, toybox :P

Looking at the absorb amount, my 880 version absorbs around 920k damage, just in little pieces. It absorbs 107k from each attack until I reached 920k. My purely defensive Skorpyron trinket absorbs 30% from every attack, maximum is like 900k. In total, it absorbs a little less than the Shard. It's passive bonus is stamina, which is only useful for Krosus and maybe Augur. The Shard gives strength, which boosts Ignore Pain (mine gives +50k according to tooltip), and damage overall.

Long story short, the Shard is an alright trinket in my opinion. But: it is NOT to be used instead of a cooldown on boss abilities. It's better to reduce damage 'over time'. Let's take Krosus as an example. When he does that slam on that bridge, there are trinkets who can help you more. Like Skorpyron's trinket effect, or the Cragshaper's Talisman. The absorb amount of the Shard definetly doesn't have to be ashame of the other damage reduction on-use trinkets, it just doesn't absorb all at once.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    If only it didn't had crit...
    I'm haunted by crit drops everywhere! Mythic+, Raid bonus rolls... It's getting really annoying.
    So far, I've equipped the 910 trash drop belt with crit+haste+socket (+30 ilvl increase), and the crit/vers ring from Tichondrius. The vers on that ring is worth +4%, so that is actually worth it imo. The ring was a +15 or +20 ilvl increase, and as I said, the vers is awesome.

I also have a 910 crit/mastery helmet in my bag.... and 910 crit haste gloves from Krosus... not even telling you how many Chaos Crystals were crit items. FeelsBadMan

Now regarding that Anomaly trinket, I have it in my inventory, but never used it.
    Last edited by Pippo89; 2017-02-18 at 06:22 AM.
    We are as God intended. Fallible, yet capable of great things.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pippo89 View Post
    I got it last week in 880 from Mythic 15 and asked the same question. The answer was "get Darkmoon: Immortality" which obviously didn't answer my question. Sorry, toybox :P

Looking at the absorb amount, my 880 version absorbs around 920k damage, just in little pieces. It absorbs 107k from each attack until I reached 920k. My purely defensive Skorpyron trinket absorbs 30% from every attack, maximum is like 900k. In total, it absorbs a little less than the Shard. It's passive bonus is stamina, which is only useful for Krosus and maybe Augur. The Shard gives strength, which boosts Ignore Pain (mine gives +50k according to tooltip), and damage overall.

Long story short, the Shard is an alright trinket in my opinion. But: it is NOT to be used instead of a cooldown on boss abilities. It's better to reduce damage 'over time'. Let's take Krosus as an example. When he does that slam on that bridge, there are trinkets who can help you more. Like Skorpyron's trinket effect, or the Cragshaper's Talisman. The absorb amount of the Shard definetly doesn't have to be ashame of the other damage reduction on-use trinkets, it just doesn't absorb all at once.
    Thanks for the response man, I don't think I'm going to go with it since its only the 860 version which makes the damage absorbs ~800k which is really only a free IP every 2mins. The 1400 some on strength on don't think out weighs the 4200+ strength proc on my current trinket...wish the bubble on SoR had a shorter CD or something it just seems so lack luster.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

can't find a definitive answer but is it worth the stat loss and possible legendary slot for the 4p prot? I currently have the angry hat for fury on because its my best helm and awesome stats. If I were to get a prot legendary, say gloves and would have to replace my tier gloves would it be worth it? side note. Is the fury 4p worth stat loss and legendary slot also? I can't really find a definitive answer besides the usual depends on gear and sim. But can't really sim prot properly. at least I dont think

Quote Originally Posted by Dasboro View Post
    can't find a definitive answer but is it worth the stat loss and possible legendary slot for the 4p prot? I currently have the angry hat for fury on because its my best helm and awesome stats. If I were to get a prot legendary, say gloves and would have to replace my tier gloves would it be worth it? side note. Is the fury 4p worth stat loss and legendary slot also? I can't really find a definitive answer besides the usual depends on gear and sim. But can't really sim prot properly. at least I dont think
    What most people have been saying is it's good for when there's a lot of adds. But, in a single target scenario, it doesn't ultimately generate that much rage, especially since you have to use at least 1 very suboptimal statted piece to get it. Otherwise, you should just use 2/3 piece, and better stat items in the remaining slots.

Hey guys
    so I've been playing a prot warrior for a while and I finally got my two legendary items: the boots and the chest. I'm 883 equipped ilvl and It feels like I can't even handle NH normal now, and with my ilvl I should be easily doing HC. I'm having a hard time (compared to other tanks) in fights like krosus/botanist/tich, and it's not because of the magic damage, it feels purely a "gear+class" problem. I know how to play the class, I'm using devastator with a swing timer and anger management in krosus; it's not that I can't do the fights too, I can easily beat them, but compared to other tanks I need way more healing.
    I mean, if I had any other legendary I'm pretty sure it'd be way better.

Should I just reroll the class because of the two garbage legendary I got? How am I supposed to progress to HC with two useless legendary?

also, my status: 22% haste, 43% mastery and 6% versatility

Quote Originally Posted by GokuGohan2 View Post
    Hey guys
    so I've been playing a prot warrior for a while and I finally got my two legendary items: the boots and the chest. I'm 883 equipped ilvl and It feels like I can't even handle NH normal now, and with my ilvl I should be easily doing HC. I'm having a hard time (compared to other tanks) in fights like krosus/botanist/tich, and it's not because of the magic damage, it feels purely a "gear+class" problem. I know how to play the class, I'm using devastator with a swing timer and anger management in krosus; it's not that I can't do the fights too, I can easily beat them, but compared to other tanks I need way more healing.
    I mean, if I had any other legendary I'm pretty sure it'd be way better.

Should I just reroll the class because of the two garbage legendary I got? How am I supposed to progress to HC with two useless legendary?

also, my status: 22% haste, 43% mastery and 6% versatility
    The chest is far from useless, and the boots (along with the chest) are stat perfect. Your legendaries are fine for anything other than the most cutting edge mythic experience, so I'd start analyzing my play a bit more if I were you, because chances are, if it feels that bad, you're doing something wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    The chest is far from useless, and the boots (along with the chest) are stat perfect. Your legendaries are fine for anything other than the most cutting edge mythic experience, so I'd start analyzing my play a bit more if I were you, because chances are, if it feels that bad, you're doing something wrong.
    Yup. It has to do with GokuGohan2's playstyle, because 883 is fine for heroic, and of course also for Normal.
    @GokuGohan2, your haste is a bit low for 883, do you wear a lot of crit items? To be honest I also don't like the chest. My first legendary was the bracers (awesome for prot), second one chest, third one boots which replaced my chest, and last week I got the absorb neck, which replaced my boots. Just a little background on my legendaries.

Now as for you, you really shouldn't have any problems with 883 in Nighthold Normal. There is a chance your healers are garbage though. Do you use Vengeance, and weave correctly? Can you keep track of your Ignore Pain absorb amount? Do you actively use cooldowns and do not wait until you're almost dead until you use a Shield Wall or Demoralizing Shout? (Last Stand is the best oh shit button in my opinion, but you also have to use that regularly on let's say Krosus and Augur)

Also, Krosus and Augur are in fact problematic because of all the magic damage. Slam damage also sucks, because it's unblockable, but the DoT is just nasty. Furthermore, did you know you can block the meteors on Augur? To be honest, it took me two weeks until I realized that. So, use your artifact and shield block for that meteor damage. Tichondrius though? It's one of the easier tank fights. I can't imagine what possibly inflicts so much damage that you have problems with damage taken there? If the adds live too long, and you get a new set of blood while you're still out there, it's a DPS problem.

Now, I know you have written that you know how to play the class, so please do not get my post wrong.

My Warrior co-tank is struggling with the magic damage in Nighthold. He was solid all through EN and tanks 15s, so he's not a bad player. We're no elite guild, 8/10H atm so expectations are not sky-high. He was so demoralized on Elisandre tonight that he asked to step out. Healers agree that he is taking a lot more damage than I do on my pally. He's a great guy so I don't want to lose him as OT, but I haven't tanked on my warrior since Cata, so I'm hoping you guys can help. What tips can you share for me to pass along? Thanks!

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    My Warrior co-tank is struggling with the magic damage in Nighthold. He was solid all through EN and tanks 15s, so he's not a bad player. We're no elite guild, 8/10H atm so expectations are not sky-high. He was so demoralized on Elisandre tonight that he asked to step out. Healers agree that he is taking a lot more damage than I do on my pally. He's a great guy so I don't want to lose him as OT, but I haven't tanked on my warrior since Cata, so I'm hoping you guys can help. What tips can you share for me to pass along? Thanks!
    Only logs can help cause he might not be as good as you think and also Versatility gear is the only way for better magic damage reduction.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=12

Is this you?

If so, apart from a bit low shield block uptime, which actually hurts, as example on your botanist wipes his shield block is at 50-60% uptime, when it should be more like 80%+, reality 90%+ but ye you get the point.

I can check the rest when its sure its you xD
    Last edited by potis; 2017-02-19 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Only logs can help cause he might not be as good as you think and also Versatility gear is the only way for better magic damage reduction.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mmary&fight=12

Is this you?

If so, apart from a bit low shield block uptime, which actually hurts, as example on your botanist wipes his shield block is at 50-60% uptime, when it should be more like 80%+, reality 90%+ but ye you get the point.

I can check the rest when its sure its you xD
    Yep that's us. Thankyou. I'm sure none of us were at our best in those pulls because it was our first night on H Elisandre and we were still getting the mechanics down. I know I never mastered them on N because they didn't really hurt and she died pretty easy. Now on H we are having to actually figure out how to do them lol. But this is the fight where he became demoralized and one of the healers said they would have to change talents to focus on keeping him alive.

Yep that's us. Thankyou. I'm sure none of us were at our best in those pulls because it was our first night on H Elisandre and we were still getting the mechanics down. I know I never mastered them on N because they didn't really hurt and she died pretty easy. Now on H we are having to actually figure out how to do them lol. But this is the fight where he became demoralized and one of the healers said they would have to change talents to focus on keeping him alive.
    I checked your previous logs also dont worry..In general what i said applies, on your botanist his Shield Block uptime seems low which means its probably generally low everywhere, should focus on making sure its above 90%.

Secondly, yes warriors do have issues in NH cause there is too much unblockable damage which is our main mitigation, only thing that helps is:

Playing better and Versatility.

@potis Thanks! I will pass that along.

Yup. It has to do with GokuGohan2's playstyle, because 883 is fine for heroic, and of course also for Normal.
    @GokuGohan2, your haste is a bit low for 883, do you wear a lot of crit items? To be honest I also don't like the chest. My first legendary was the bracers (awesome for prot), second one chest, third one boots which replaced my chest, and last week I got the absorb neck, which replaced my boots. Just a little background on my legendaries.

Now as for you, you really shouldn't have any problems with 883 in Nighthold Normal. There is a chance your healers are garbage though. Do you use Vengeance, and weave correctly? Can you keep track of your Ignore Pain absorb amount? Do you actively use cooldowns and do not wait until you're almost dead until you use a Shield Wall or Demoralizing Shout? (Last Stand is the best oh shit button in my opinion, but you also have to use that regularly on let's say Krosus and Augur)

Also, Krosus and Augur are in fact problematic because of all the magic damage. Slam damage also sucks, because it's unblockable, but the DoT is just nasty. Furthermore, did you know you can block the meteors on Augur? To be honest, it took me two weeks until I realized that. So, use your artifact and shield block for that meteor damage. Tichondrius though? It's one of the easier tank fights. I can't imagine what possibly inflicts so much damage that you have problems with damage taken there? If the adds live too long, and you get a new set of blood while you're still out there, it's a DPS problem.

Now, I know you have written that you know how to play the class, so please do not get my post wrong.
    I can easily pass NH, but in comparison with other tanks, the healers have to work way more with me. I do use vengeance correctly, one proc at a time, and my shield block is up almost all the time when the boss is hitting me. I save last stand for when I'm about to die, and I do use the shout and the 40% reduced dmg skill when I'm about to get hit like a truck

Let me ask you something then, what do you mean by keeping track of my IP? Do you mean to refresh the buff?
    Do you even use your artifact skill (besides on augur like you said)?

Anyone else enjoying Draught of Souls? Picked up an 880 version yesterday, and with Avatar/BV I can push 2.5m damage with that trinket alone in one cast.

@potis Thanks! I will pass that along.
    In addition, looking at Elisande specifically.

Talents: Devastator is a big survivability increase overall. I know it might not seem like it, but the extra rage & extra resets that come from it result in a tank with much smoother damage intake.

Trinkets: Both his trinkets are sadly terrible for raiding. Worst thing is, there's no alternatives from Nighthold that would be an upgrade... As Elisande still involves quite a decent amount of melee damage (45-50% usually), I'd recommend a Darkmoon Deck: Immortality. Second trinket would probably be a stat-stick from ToV. A normal Str/Haste statstick at 860 will be a much better item than the Haft.

Abilities: In addition to the SB uptime issue, he's also not using Spell Reflect. The "Ablation" debuff in phase one puts a pretty nasty DoT on the target that should be taunt swapped pretty frequently, but we still have to mitigate it with Ignore Pain (helped by Devastator) and Spell Reflect. Spell Reflect puts a few stacks 100k DPS DoT on the boss, so that's definitely worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Devastator is a big survivability increase overall. I know it might not seem like it, but the extra rage & extra resets that come from it result in a tank with much smoother damage intake.
    I see that Devastator generates more rage and resets Shield Slam, but the latter is DPS, right? And meanwhile he'd be giving up health or Ignore Pain buff. Not disagreeing; just trying to understand what I'm missing here so I can explain it to him later. Thanks!

Edit: Ah I think I see. You're saying the extra rage from Devastator buffs IP more than Never Surrender? I had not thought of that.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-02-19 at 03:29 PM.

I see that Devastator generates more rage and resets Shield Slam, but the latter is DPS, right? And meanwhile he'd be giving up health or Ignore Pain buff. Not disagreeing; just trying to understand what I'm missing here so I can explain it to him later. Thanks!

Edit: Ah I think I see. You're saying the extra rage from Devastator buffs IP more than Never Surrender? I had not thought of that.
    Shield Slam is our main rage generator alongside RFDT. He/she'll get smaller IPs, but much more of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can easily pass NH, but in comparison with other tanks, the healers have to work way more with me. I do use vengeance correctly, one proc at a time, and my shield block is up almost all the time when the boss is hitting me. I save last stand for when I'm about to die, and I do use the shout and the 40% reduced dmg skill when I'm about to get hit like a truck

Let me ask you something then, what do you mean by keeping track of my IP? Do you mean to refresh the buff?
    Do you even use your artifact skill (besides on augur like you said)?
    I have a weakaura, for example. If you don't use any addon, you have no idea about the absorb value, you have to get your mouse cursor over that IP buff in order to see the amount. I felt uncomfortable without knowing my IP absorb amount.

Best use for that artifact is on Augur's meteors, and for Spellblades Annihilate. I prefer to use it for the 2-stack Annihilate. And it's a filler if my shield block is down. Doesn't happen too often, especially with Heavy Repercussions, but there are still some occasions.

Now, I have 897 and have Prydaz (enormous stat boost), and the healing bracers. My stats are 28% haste, 36% mastery, 9% versatility. In Normal Nighthold, Ignore Pain is often around 2m, except for bosses like Augur and Krosus. Damage intake is very smooth for every other boss. I'm on 9/10 Heroic, and there, the same two shithead bosses cause the most damage. Sometimes I get some spikes during Annihilate but that's about it. I feel ready for Mythic, too bad we're missing many players.

Regarding stats again, you said you have 22% haszr. Do you have a lot of crit items? I think with the correct items and 883, you could easily scratch 30% at 883. I had over 30% before, but decided to use the 890 crit/vers ring from Tichondrius, which was a 4% increase in vers.

I have a weakaura, for example. If you don't use any addon, you have no idea about the absorb value, you have to get your mouse cursor over that IP buff in order to see the amount. I felt uncomfortable without knowing my IP absorb amount.

Best use for that artifact is on Augur's meteors, and for Spellblades Annihilate. I prefer to use it for the 2-stack Annihilate. And it's a filler if my shield block is down. Doesn't happen too often, especially with Heavy Repercussions, but there are still some occasions.

Now, I have 897 and have Prydaz (enormous stat boost), and the healing bracers. My stats are 28% haste, 36% mastery, 9% versatility. In Normal Nighthold, Ignore Pain is often around 2m, except for bosses like Augur and Krosus. Damage intake is very smooth for every other boss. I'm on 9/10 Heroic, and there, the same two shithead bosses cause the most damage. Sometimes I get some spikes during Annihilate but that's about it. I feel ready for Mythic, too bad we're missing many players.

Regarding stats again, you said you have 22% haszr. Do you have a lot of crit items? I think with the correct items and 883, you could easily scratch 30% at 883. I had over 30% before, but decided to use the 890 crit/vers ring from Tichondrius, which was a 4% increase in vers.
    8% crit, 24% haste, 46% mastery and 7% versatility

The thing about IP is that most of the time it is "off". Most of the times I use ip and then I take damage and the shield is gone
    I'm trying to obtain more haste but I'm being unlucky in that.

But hey man, I dropped another legendary in my warrior: the ring!
    I literally have the worst 3 legendarys you could possibly drop

Have him join Skyhold, the Warrior Discord. There's a ton of info for Prot there that'll help him out quite a bit (i.e. so you don't have to do the work for him).

- - - Updated - - -

8% crit, 24% haste, 46% mastery and 7% versatility

The thing about IP is that most of the time it is "off". Most of the times I use ip and then I take damage and the shield is gone
    I'm trying to obtain more haste but I'm being unlucky in that.

But hey man, I dropped another legendary in my warrior: the ring!
    I literally have the worst 3 legendarys you could possibly drop
    Legendaries aren't the end-all, be-all; you should still be fine with whatever ones you get (as an aside, Sephuz's or Walls Fell? You can proc Sephuz's on a lot of NH fights, so it's not entirely worthless).

Try and go for more Haste, but don't sacrifice ilevel for it (jewelry aside). Stamina and Armor are still really nice defensively. Do you have logs I could take a look at (or drop them in Skyhold, people there are more than willing to help). At your ilevel, it's less likely to be stats or legendaries that'll be killing you, and more playing issues (ability casts, encounter mechanics, healers, etc).