Who the hell ever thought it wouldn't be a custom chip?

Faux news is best news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Who the hell ever thought it wouldn't be a custom chip?

Faux news is best news.
    It's not that we didn't know, it's just that we more about what exactly is inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    RE7 is not some graphical power house game. It was a game first designed for VR and made playable without it. It's running at 720p/90fps on PSVR FFS.
    It looks gorgeous? Its graphically superior to a game like Witcher 3 at least in up close shots. Sure theres no huge open world to render, but whats there looks fantastic. On the same topic, http://enthusiast.gg/9750/capcom-wan...l-7-for-switch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post

As someone also pointed out on Nvidia's reddit page:

-Date code is "1629" in addition to the A2 designation.
    This means 2016 Week 29 which is around July 2016.

-ODNX02-A2 is another code printed.

This seems to confirm that this IS a custom chip for Nintendo. Considering the Switch was codenamed Nintendo NX during its development.

O = OEM Products(???)
    D = Nintendo
    NX02 = Nintendo NX
    A2 = 2nd revision
    If people are just claiming its an X1, why did they need a second revision?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    It's not that we didn't know, it's just that we more about what exactly is inside.
    https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/...des-look-like/

This guys reads the chip info differently from you?

10+ Year Old Account
    It'd be weird if there wasn't a revision. And remember X1 is on 20nm HP, more than likely this is 16nm FF, hopefully.

Still though, Nintendo isn't really forth coming with the specs.

Like usual though, just wait for the release date.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-02-19 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    It looks gorgeous? Its graphically superior to a game like Witcher 3 at least in up close shots. Sure theres no huge open world to render, but whats there looks fantastic.
    I really, really hope you're not serious.

The Witcher 3 is graphically superior in every way shape and form. RE7 looks good for what it's trying to pull off but it's not a demanding game in the least. It was designed to be able to run at 90 fps for VR.

You could pan the camera just the ground in Witcher 3 and just rendering the foliage and grass is more demanding then the entire game of RE7.

Here we are yet again with someone confusing their taste in an aesthetic as graphical superiority. Using that logic I could say BoTW is graphically superior to W3 as I like the look better. Is that true? No, it's not even close.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-02-19 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously think this looks better than the outside shots in RE7?

- - - Updated - - -

I love more cartoony artstyles, but RE7 appears to have technically higher res models for almost everything.

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/...65577062289409

Devolver Digital (Hotline Miami, Enter the Gungeon) to announce their first Switch game at GDC.

RE7 has the draw distance of an n64 game and hides almost everything in darkness only highlighting a few key areas at a time with lighting.

Someone doesn't understand how graphics work. RE7 is not a looker. Actually the PT demo was more impressive technically then RE7, like by miles and it was in a similar style. Doesn't take much to impress someone if they think RE7 is top of the line graphics these days.

RE7 does what it wants to do and achieves what it needs to. Graphical powerhouse it's not.

You seriously think this looks better than the outside shots in RE7?

I love more cartoony artstyles, but RE7 appears to have technically higher res models for almost everything.
    Yes and RE7 does not have technically higher res models over Witcher 3.

Even the Ps4 versions compared to each other Witcher 3 wins.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yes and RE7 does not have technically higher res models over Witcher 3.

Even the Ps4 versions compared to each other Witcher 3 wins.
    The trees in that screenshot look like paper. Are you kidding me?

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
    You and JT have something negative to say about everything I post. Both games have nearly identical system requirements, but the fact that RE7 doesn't have to render a whole world would leave one to believe its assets could be of higher quality. But no, I'm just stupid huh?

Alright folks, another reminder, stay respectful even when disagreeing with folks.

You and JT have something negative to say about everything I post.
    Well when a lot of what you post is factually wrong people will have negative comments to say about it.

Don't get me wrong RE7 looks great, But like Tech pointed out there is a reason it can do 1080p/60fps (720p/90fps) on PS4. Its due to how not less demanding the graphics are.

You are comparing SNES Mario to N64 Mario. Now it is subjective on what ones aesthetic is better. But Its objective on what one is graphically better.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

paper comes from trees man
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well when a lot of what you post is factually wrong people will have negative comments to say about it.

Don't get me wrong RE7 looks great, But like Tech pointed out there is a reason it can do 1080p/60fps (720p/90fps) on PS4. Its due to how not less demanding the graphics are.

You are comparing SNES Mario to N64 Mario. Now it is subjective on what ones aesthetic is better. But Its objective on what one is graphically better.
    They have nearly identical system requirements, and the Witcher 3 plays at a lower framerate because of its large open world. Not because its assets are better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Got me there

They have nearly identical system requirements, and the Witcher 3 plays at a lower framerate because of its large open world. Not because its assets are better.
    Ya the bolded totally makes since, That's why The Order 1886 ran at 60fps/1080p on Ps4 right?

Also them having nearly the same System requirement's doesn't mean anything. Why do you think Crysis 3 is still used in benchmarks when its outdated as hell and even wal-mart computers can run it.

I done told you once that you clearly lack knowledge in both Hardware and Software The recommend setting is base line to run it at a decent performance, You need much more to max it. The max it takes to run RE7 and Witcher 3 is miles apart.

RE7 values FPS over graphics and Witcher 3 is a graphics whore.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-02-20 at 01:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Beat me to it...

Can I just mention, I'm still shocked people are so baffled about 1-2 Switches minigames, while Warioware had us picking noses for years now and shaving people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Can I just mention, I'm still shocked people are so baffled about 1-2 Switches minigames, while Warioware had us picking noses for years now and shaving people.
    Dont you kind of expect that with a silly premise like a Wario Ware game?, I mean I think people went into this game with the wrong mind set and thought I would be like Wii Sports or something.