Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Most people beleive the real news to be whatever fits their world veiw and personal beliefs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    I trust Wikipedia more than your opinion. And why do you hate "the left"?
    1. You shouldn't.
    2. I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    They write a non-biased summation of them, regardless of the source's alleged bias.
    Evidently they create a product which pleases you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    1. You shouldn't.
    2. I don't.

Evidently they create a product which pleases you.
    1. I should trust you more?
    2. You do.
    3. It's false.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    1. I should trust you more?
    2. You do.
    3. It's false.
    1. Yes.
    2. No.
    3. ???
    4. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Associated Press, AP, is real news. They sell their articles to thousands of media outlets so they remove as much bias as they can

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/fronts/...P&SECTION=HOME
    Pretty much as close as it gets. Blanket reporting before someone added the respective coloring and spin to it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    News that has multiple sources.
    Pretty much this. Also use your head a bit. Don't trust everything you hear and see.
    Funny- the other day Trumph said "remember that thing in Sweden the other day!" ... So what was that ? What happened ? No one knows. Not even people that lives in Sweden. Not even the media.
    Alternative facts ... Sweden is a really peaceful country - most of Scandinavia is. And no one knows what he refers to.
    Could it be the white racist killing many innocent young political aware people, something like 5 years ago?

Deleted
    Only Real news is what the High President / soon to be first king of america says is true. Beside that the only Other real news brigebart and foxnews, The rest is filth.

Remember the leaks are real, but the information is wrong!

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The general rule is this: If Trump says it's fake news, it's real.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    The general rule is this: If Trump says it's fake news, it's real.
    I hate Trump... but hes completely correct to call out biased and fake news in the mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Honest question? If none of the media can be trusted then whats real news?
    I want to be informed but without any of that fake stuff.
    Real news is a source that produces all the facts without spinning it or leaving things out, I will let you know when ever I find one. On any news story I have to read multiple sources to get the full story, most people just read echo chamber news and then they get pissed when someone sites a source that doesn't fit their narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some tips:

If it makes outlandish claims like "Why All Liberals Hate America," it's probably fake news or heavily slanted.
    If it has the words "liberal" or "conservative" in the URL, it's probably fake news or heavily slanted.
    If it's only on one source, probably fake news
    If it comes from Sean Spicer or Kelly-Ann Conway, probably fake news

Look at the company who owns the particular media the news is coming from. Breitbart, for example, is no good, because it's constantly in the hands of far right morons (like Andrew Breitbart and Steve Bannon.) World Net Daily is a terrible source because it comes from a far right religious nutcase named Joseph Farrah. Huffington Post is notorious for its left-wing bias, so I'd avoid them too.

And if it comes from a ranting asshole named Alex Jones, then it is definitively fake news. Infowars is about the worst site that you could possible site.

AP, Reuters, and BBC however have stellar reputations, you can usually trust what comes out of them.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Real news are those which..:

- can be confirmed from different independed sources (means sources outside of filter bubbles)
    - are without bias and split from comments
    - are sourced from news agencies or reporters which get confirmed by other reporters

So if you want to be safe about news, check different news sources. Always check for fakes on sites like snopes.com (or similiar).
    This guy knows his news and is correct.
    Never use a single source for information.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    I hate Trump... but hes completely correct to call out biased and fake news in the mainstream.
    It's only biased because it's against him. When it fits him, it's magically no longer biased or fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The closest thing you can get some days is listening to a biased source on both sides, filtering out their disagreements and occasional blatant lies, and working with whatever's left.

I question the integrity of that chart. Wasn't Wall Street Journal one of the news organizations taking Pewdiepie out of context to make him look like a nazi?
    We can never discount any news source from being idiots about topics they don't understand or from being sensationalist trash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It's only biased because it's against him. When it fits him, it's magically no longer biased or fake.
    Utter garbage

And easily proven wrong by the number of fake news stories about him.

If you believe every single Trump-bashing story is true then you are a gullible idiot.

I would assume *real news* to be real events that can be proven to have happened.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endemonadia View Post
    Utter garbage

And easily proven wrong by the number of fake news stories about him.

If you believe every single Trump-bashing story is true then you are a gullible idiot.
    Then would you mind easily proving me wrong?

No I don't. Nor does it change how he's a hypocrit, especially now after he thought the Fox News piece on Sweden was somethign to go by, when it's widely criticized.

There is no such thing as "real news". Every media outlet ever, dating back to Ben Franklin, and prior, is biased as fuck. Unfortunately, in the US, the sheeple have accepted the ridiculous notion that the press is unbiased. Therefore, when it's pointed out that it's not just Faux News that has bias, they literally cannot wrap their minds around it. Anyone with a command of the language, and the facts, can see through the partisan bias of both sides with ease.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There is no such thing as "real news". Every media outlet ever, dating back to Ben Franklin, and prior, is biased as fuck. Unfortunately, in the US, the sheeple have accepted the ridiculous notion that the press is unbiased. Therefore, when it's pointed out that it's not just Faux News that has bias, they literally cannot wrap their minds around it. Anyone with a command of the language, and the facts, can see through the partisan bias of both sides with ease.
    I have no problem with new organizations being biased. As long as the information they present is true and accurate, then who cares?

If FOX wants to defend Trump and not cover his negative stories, fine. If NBC wants to do the opposite, great.
    Eat yo vegetables

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I have no problem with new organizations being biased. As long as the information they present is true and accurate, then who cares?

If FOX wants to defend Trump and not cover his negative stories, fine. If NBC wants to do the opposite, great.
    I could not agree more that the viewer/reader has the option to simply not consume media from sources they don't care for. I also have no problem that various media outlets have their own BIAS. But, bias and lies are not exactly the same thing. Furthermore, acting as if they have no bias, is the most dishonest thing imaginable for them to partake in.

Get information from its source if possible. This is the internet, after all.

Don't rely on professional organizations to tell you what the raw information means. You're smart enough to figure it out on your own.

You can listen to pundits, but take them all with a grain of salt. Check corporate media, alt-corporate media, blogs, and see what the buzz is on social media.

Compare all information and come to your own conclusions.

If you need to, do an hour of reading on a subject if you can't form a stable understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    But, bias and lies are not exactly the same thing.
    Absolutely. And if organizations are outright lying, then that is indeed fake news. The term really originated around stories that were just 100% fabricated, published by 100% fabricated news organizations, that were shared on Facebook and received millions of views. But now people are throwing it around just because they don't like the information being published.
    Eat yo vegetables