Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    It was not a vote and besides that video was from some comitee, not the full parliament anyway.
    It is some kind of petition review thing where they debate but do not make formal votes? Any UK people can actually explain wtf this is. Obviously the fact they were debating anyways is kind of important but no idea what the disapproval means or if the PM will respond lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    It is some kind of petition review thing where they debate but do not make formal votes? Any UK people can actually explain wtf this is. Obviously the fact they were debating anyways is kind of important but no idea what the disapproval means or if the PM will respond lol
    I am not from the UK so I cant help there, the only thing is for certain that it was not the full parliament since that has 650 members and well, the room in the video is tad too small for that.

And if you read your own source properly, you would know that they must debate any petition that gets a certain number of signatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

This news is so breaking that BBC isn't even covering it.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    This leads me to on conclusion, little AlexW - you are wrong, as usual. Just like you were about Trump never being elected .
    Please review your manners. It's customary to offer a creme or ointment after a burn.

Deleted
    Hot off the presses. British Parliament just voted to reject an official state visit from Trump! So new I do not even have a news article to link yet! Trump is going to go batshit

So let's see - so far what you have posted, based on you thread title, is nothing but FAKE NEWS?
    Last edited by mmocc836e66a65; 2017-02-20 at 09:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because what you posted is fake news, there was no vote.
    There was a vote, it's just that the clip is very misleading. Anyone in the UK can currently access Bbc Parliament on Iplayer and rewind to around 19:21 for the actual bit. They are talking about two petitions:

178844 - He should have a state visit.
    171828 <- is unavailable for viewing, but 171928 (in case the speaker read wrong) is to prevent a state visit.

Basically all it shows is that they said no to debating two opposing positions.
    It isn't fake news, it has just been interpreted badly because the idiots in Westminster Hall cannot speak properly.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Would this be a ban on while males? Since -some- while male would be rejected?

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    There was a vote, it's just that the clip is very misleading. Anyone in the UK can currently access Bbc Parliament on Iplayer and rewind to around 19:21 for the actual bit. They are talking about two petitions:

178844 - He should have a state visit.
    171828 <- is unavailable for viewing, but 171928 (in case the speaker read wrong) is to prevent a state visit.

Basically all it shows is that they said no to debating two opposing positions.
    It isn't fake news, it has just been interpreted badly because the idiots in Westminster Hall cannot speak properly.
    Then the mps voted to not debate. The OP claimed they voted to reject Trumps visit. That is clearly a case of fake news.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928

you can find it here and the response.

some info on petitions

https://petition.parliament.uk/help

10+ Year Old Account
    Then the mps voted to not debate. The OP claimed they voted to reject Trumps visit. That is clearly a case of fake news.
    It could be interpreted either way quite easily, it isn't fake news, just bad reporting.
    Saying they had a vote on banning pineapple chunks, that is fake news.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    The parliament is free to do as it wishes, however I'd be careful. When you reject Trump, you're rejecting the United States of America.
    Wrong. Rejecting Trump is about the most American thing a person can do, American or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Not only that, a surprising number of Presidents were never granted a State visit.
    It just seems like a pointless and fruitless provocation of an extremely thin skinned man, who is known to hold a grudge. They are in effect, lowering themselves to his level, while being the one who would be harmed by taking that stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Wait, I thought you guys had a dictator?

All jokes aside, it's not surprising that the pip squeak lesser politicians are so irresponsible, that they would put cheap shots above their own well being. They do it here as well.

Can you imagine the damage that would be done if the US/UK relationship were ruined? The UK would suffer far, far more. This makes no logical sense, from merely a self interest angle.
    Explain? Economically, there's not at all much in it, we trade almost equal, and have done for almost 4 years. The USA Represents a fraction here, it really wouldn't make a difference at all. If your going to take the "America shall smite you" stance, I'm just gonna laugh. We both know that would never happen, and if it did, it would spell the end of the world not just us/you. Not even trump is that stupid..
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-02-20 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    The parliament is free to do as it wishes, however I'd be careful. When you reject Trump, you're rejecting the United States of America. Not a good side to show if you want some American trade deals to help your brexit.
    Lol, good joke. Very funny... Because Trump really gives a flying f*ck about trade deals, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    Explain? Economically, there's not at all much in it, we trade almost equal, and have done for almost 4 years. The USA Represents a fraction here, it really wouldn't make a difference at all. If your going to take the "America shall smite you" stance, I'm just gonna laugh. We both know that would never happen, and if it did, it would spell the end of the world not just us/you. Not even trump is that stupid..
    I'm not saying anything of the sort. I'm just saying why annoy a thin skinned douche bag who has a temper? I'm not saying you should cow tow to him or any of that. I'm just saying why pick a fight over no stated issue? It's hardly a unique notion that Trump is a dick. What gain does the UK get from saying that in an official way? To me, this is just political hackery, not sound foreign policy on your part.

Also, I'm pretty sure the US/UK relationship has another key component, aside from trade, that you are omitting. A really, really key component. Just sayin...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, I'm pretty sure the US/UK relationship has another key component, aside from trade, that you are omitting. A really, really key component. Just sayin...
    Nooklear wessles.
    Speciation Is Gradual

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Fuck.

Well this could be bad. Rejecting a major ally because you don't like a few of his policies isn't how you get ahead in politics and it's definitely not in the best interest of the country.

I'm not saying anything of the sort. I'm just saying why annoy a thin skinned douche bag who has a temper? I'm not saying you should cow tow to him or any of that. I'm just saying why pick a fight over no stated issue? It's hardly a unique notion that Trump is a dick. What gain does the UK get from saying that in an official way? To me, this is just political hackery, not sound foreign policy on your part.

People are getting confused...which is reasonable because English is gonna English.

A State Visit in our political vernacular means meeting the Queen formally and giving a speech in Parliament. 3 US Presidents have ever had a full State Visit, Reagan, Clinton and Obama.

What is being debated isn't whether to allow The Donald into the country but whether he gets the full State Visit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Fuck.

Well this could be bad. Rejecting a major ally because you don't like a few of his policies isn't how you get ahead in politics and it's definitely not in the best interest of the country.
    They didn't vote to not have a state visit, they voted not to vote on a state visit.
    Speciation Is Gradual

This is news?

British rejected Hitler too.
    Why is Trump different?