Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    It is more likely that the involved hooligans are second generation Swedes from immigrant parents than first generation immigrants, just to be clear. These groups of young men have been causing trouble since way before the Refugee crisis and yes, the gangs involve very much white young men as well. It's about where they live more than about their ethnicity.

It would seem the "riots" have already been quelled. Funny though how you try to blow it out of proportion and make it into a "refugee issue". Should we blame the massive and far more destructive PROPER riots of the US on Swedish immigrants as well?
    Almost entirely agree with you - apart from the bolded parts. A HUGE majority of those involved are non-ethnic Swedes, and some ethnicities are almost entirely lacking every time something like this occur, despite them living in the same neighbourhoods and belonging to the same poverty-bracket. Location and socio-economic factors absolutely play a role, but ethnicity definitely plays a significant role as well, for some reason or other. There is no point in denying obvious facts, whichever side of the debate one belongs to. I would hazard a guess on everyone wanting to solve issues such as these in some manner or other, and all the facts (as in actual facts, not alt-facts) need to be evaluated if a working solution is to be found.
    Last edited by Sama-81; 2017-02-21 at 05:02 PM.

CBA to translate this entire piece, but it shows clearly that these hooligans are viewed as a scourge by the locals as well... many if not most of them, 1st generation immigrants.

http://www.dn.se/sthlm/vrede-over-at...pploppet-paga/

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Oh my god some cars were set on fire. Did the Cubs win the World Series or something?
    So riots only matter if they get larger? Or, are you saying that because the US has had a riot or two, this should be no concern to us? Both seem pretty fucked up to me though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    Riots erupted in a heavily immigrant Stockholm suburb Monday night, as masked looters set cars ablaze and threw rocks at cops, injuring one police officer, Swedish officials said.

TRUMP MAY HAVE BEEN UNCLEAR, BUT SWEDEN IS EXPERIENCING A MIGRANT CRIME WAVE

In this picture taken on Monday, Feb. 20, 2017,a policeman investigates a burned out car in the suburb of Rinkeby outside Stockholm. Police in Sweden said Tuesday they were investigating riots that broke out overnight in a predominantly immigrant Stockholm suburb after officers arrested a suspect on drug charges. Spokesman Lars Bystrom said unidentified people, including some wearing masks, threw rocks at police, set cars on fire and looted shops in Rinkeby, north of Stockholm. (Christine Olsson/TT News Agency via AP)Expand / Contract
    A policeman investigates a burned car in the suburb of Rinkeby on Monday. (AP)
    The violence in Rinkeby began around 8 p.m., when officers arrested a suspect at an underground station on drug charges, The Local reported. A group soon gathered, hurling rocks and other objects at officers and prompting one cop to fire his gun “in a situation that demanded he use his firearm,” police spokesman Lars Bystrom said.

Source :http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/02...sh-suburb.html
    It was 30 kids. Not much of a riot, not as you'd know them anyway. Sadly not the first time. It's most likely the same people and these same people keep doing it and inspiring others to follow.

The ways to deal with it are a multitude and none of them are easy. For one, we could've avoided putting all the disenfranchised people in one place, where we ignore them and pretend they don't exist. Integration doesn't happen in this area, because there's nothing to integrate with or into.
    You can compare this to riots in the US in predominantly African-American or other minority areas. It's got little to do with them foreign and everything to do with social and economical status, ontop of the fact that they're ignored and disenfranchised.
    Consider the fact that Stockholm is a wealthy city, with many international connections and a very progressive leadership, the way Rinkeby is handled is quite shameful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Debatable, innocents (among them a journalist) were assaulted, cars were destroyed, the hooligans looted a store etc etc. Nobody got killed though.
    Just stating what the article said.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Because the entire narrative of immigrants and crime is driven by a feels-before-reals mentality that casts a quantification of reality aside in favor of whatever seems the scariest.
    Amen to that. And in using hyperbole and blowing shit out of proportion, those people actually play into the hands of the "special snowflakes" that they're so keen to shut down... meaning SJW's and "the left".

Today I can say "I'm not pleased about the immigration policy" and instantly be flooded by the Left-leaning people with proof of what I'm REALLY saying... And they'll link to Breitbart, Speisa, Avpixlat etc etc...

All the refugees are just going to end up in these suburban ghettos anyway because the natives who are well off enough to have a choice don't won't to live around them.

Then they will lash out at being forced into these ghettos with no future pretty much and the poorer natives will grow angrier as well being surrounded by them.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    When cops start shooting it can pour fuel on the fire. The police shooting of Mark Duggen in 2011 resulted in riots across England.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_England_riots
    Well we have had a police chiefs car exploded, cops beaten, and of course attacked by firebombs and rocks when ever they go to places like this. They did fire at them this time but they missed.

But yeah there would be riots for sure if they shot one so maby not the best idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    You're not doing anything that reduces crime, all your actions and your entire justice system has been proven to increase and encourage crime, and everytime you try to do something you do it on the back of fearmongering and alternate facts provided by Fox News, Breitbart and Infowars, only making your crime problem even worse.

Americans pointing their finger at Sweden about Violent Crime, is like a Saudi pointing his fingers at the USA over women's rights.
    I could make certain comments about US citizens and their lack of insight, but I think you already know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    You're not doing anything that reduces crime, all your actions and your entire justice system has been proven to increase and encourage crime, and everytime you try to do something you do it on the back of fearmongering and alternate facts provided by Fox News, Breitbart and Infowars, only making your crime problem even worse.

Americans pointing their finger at Sweden about Violent Crime, is like a Saudi pointing his fingers at the USA over women's rights.
    Except NOBODY is pointing fingers at Sweden. The point is to try and not have the problems you have had with immigration. We are not saying you are bad people, or stupid, or anythign of the sort. We are saying you are a good example of the difficulties that arise from mass immigration and slow assimilation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Well we have had a police chiefs car exploded, cops beaten, and of course attacked by firebombs and rocks when ever they go to places like this. They did fire at them this time but they missed.

But yeah there would be riots for sure if they shot one so maby not the best idea.
    Just look at what happened with the riots in regards to African-Americans being shot in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    So riots only matter if they get larger? Or, are you saying that because the US has had a riot or two, this should be no concern to us? Both seem pretty fucked up to me though.
    More along the lines of not throwing rocks in glass houses. Sweden is one of the safest places in the world.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's a different story: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ockholm-suburb
    This one is from the AP, arguably a very reputable journalist group: http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-21-04-33-36

It's funny how FOX News and other news sources, like Bloomberg OR the AP present the news differently. FOX News highlights Trump's statements AND the fact that the neighborhood is composed predominantly of immigrants. But Bloomberg, or the more reputable AP, focus on how the riots started after the arrest of a drug suspect. But, y'know, whatever fits your narrative I guess in these, the days of alternative facts.

Here is something on factcheck: http://www.factcheck.org/2017/02/tru...swedish-crime/

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    It was 30 kids. Not much of a riot, not as you'd know them anyway. Sadly not the first time. It's most likely the same people and these same people keep doing it and inspiring others to follow.

The ways to deal with it are a multitude and none of them are easy. For one, we could've avoided putting all the disenfranchised people in one place, where we ignore them and pretend they don't exist. Integration doesn't happen in this area, because there's nothing to integrate with or into.
    You can compare this to riots in the US in predominantly African-American or other minority areas. It's got little to do with them foreign and everything to do with social and economical status, ontop of the fact that they're ignored and disenfranchised.
    Consider the fact that Stockholm is a wealthy city, with many international connections and a very progressive leadership, the way Rinkeby is handled is quite shameful.
    The police and the locals are extremely frustrated and angry that the situation was allowed to escalate in the first place. I suspect the attention and outcry from the locals in particular will inspire some form of change. Our cops must stop feeling that they're bound by fear of being outed in the media as violent, racist cops.

I could make certain comments about US citizens and their lack of insight, but I think you already know what I mean.
    Or you know you could maybe make a fair comparison of say maybe Vermont and Sweden. You know two places with similar demographics and climate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Except NOBODY is pointing fingers at Sweden. The point is to try and not have the problems you have had with immigration. We are not saying you are bad people, or stupid, or anythign of the sort. We are saying you are a good example of the difficulties that arise from mass immigration and slow assimilation.
    The US has similar problems that aren't related to immigration at all when it comes to their minorities. It's not the Mexicans starting riots in the US.

Just look at what happened with the riots in regards to African-Americans being shot in the US.
    Well they have very small resources here so not much they can do, i dont think they want to go to these places anymore but they have to. They are a target everytime in these places.

But like i said it may not be the best but it's just a matter of time before they do shoot one in selfdefence like they tried to do this time but missed.

Im starting to think Trump has prophetic dreams of something this is the third incident he predicted. During the campaign he warned of terrorist attacks in Belgium and France and everyone thought he was full of it. Then they happened. What is this the Dead Zone?

Mostly joking calm your tits but he did say Belgium and France had a terrorist problem and was mocked for it until it happened a short while later so he obviously knows some areas have real problems even if no one wants to admit it..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matt4pack View Post
    Or you know you could maybe make a fair comparison of say maybe Vermont and Sweden. You know two places with similar demographics and climate.
    I don't think I know what you're refering to. Me and remembering names of places...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    this, this and a little bit more of this

nobody i know from sweden seems to be aware of a rising refugee crisis.

there might be the odd 1 off issue, but most of the refugees just want to flee a worn torn country to live somewhere safe. it's the right wing snowflakes making it more difficult for them which incite outburts, which are then focused on and reported as "undocumented by the mainstream media" to cause more outrage within the right wing.

it's a big old right wing circle jerk at the expense of real people with real issues.
    Nobody?

If so you don't know many people or you live in your own social groups political bubble.