Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    So you don't think people who call for genocide is scum? Nazis are not scum?

Well now I know where you are coming from and feel this discussion has run it's course.
    If you're the instigator, attacking someone who hasn't hurt anyone, you're the scum. That's pretty clear, yes? What happens when they defend themselves?

I think this is a thing everyone can get behind.
    Maybe at the end of the day we are not so different after all...

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    I don't think that's been true of most Americans for a while now.
    We live in dark times.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    I'm one of those people who laughs when people get what is coming to them. I make no claims to be the best of people.

I don't think that's been true of most Americans for a while now.
    i doubt its ever actually been true for most people

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of those people who laughs when people get what is coming to them. I make no claims to be the best of people.
    Then you'll laugh if someone is imprisoned for punching nazis, yeah?

defending someone's right to political speech isn't the same as defending the ideology.

I despise the WBC, but I don't believe the answer is to punch them. Besides, don't get it twisted, you aren't punching anyone.
    Neither do I, but I'm not going to be surprised if it does happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Jesus, I never fully realized just how many sexual insults we have until you put it all together here.
    How... can one even miss it? All things related to sexuality, be they body parts, sexual orientation or what have you, are kinda the backbone of insults. At least before Internet language came about with its creative word creation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitro Fun View Post
    Then you'll laugh if someone is imprisoned for punching nazis, yeah?
    That is just a feeling of indifference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I do wonder what will happen when these people start suing the cities, schools, and states for not protesting them while they are engaged in legal political speech, it's how the WBC got rich after all.
    You come call me when the police stop doing their job and arresting people that are assaulting others. Police in this case were ready and willing to start the investigation and Adolf jr. didn't want to so...

And again^99 free speech is an issue between you and the government. It does not protect you from the consequences in public/private society. No one has to give you a right to spew hate filled rhetoric and while you do have a right not to get punched (assault, not freedom of speech) it's going to happen from time to time.

7+ Year Old Account
    That is just a feeling of indifference.
    So you lied?

So you lied?
    You are equating a situation that has some comedic value to one that has none.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are equating a situation that has some comedic value to one that has none.
    There would be comedic value in criminals getting what they deserve, listening to their protests how they should be exempted because it was a nazi they punched.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Well no shit, we aren't all Buddhists here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    How... can one even miss it? All things related to sexuality, be they body parts, sexual orientation or what have you, are kinda the backbone of insults. At least before Internet language came about with its creative word creation.
    Missing the forest for the trees, mostly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    You come call me when the police stop doing their job and arresting people that are assaulting others. Police in this case were ready and willing to start the investigation and Adolf jr. didn't want to so...

And again^99 free speech is an issue between you and the government. It does not protect you from the consequences in public/private society. No one has to give you a right to spew hate filled rhetoric and while you do have a right not to get punched (assault, not freedom of speech) it's going to happen from time to time.
    it can be both assault and a freedom of speech issue. if you punch me to take my wallet that assult, if you punch me to stop me from making a political statment that's assault and restricting my ability to speak.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    "It's okay to physically assault someone if you don't agree with them!" - Liberals

Seriously, how aren't people on the left standing up to these sort of things? You might not agree with what the person is saying, however you need to defend their right to say it, otherwise if and or when free speech is illegal, what happens when the coin flips, and speaking out against actual issues becomes punishable?
    Speaking as someone on the left, I am disgusted by this. I hate neo-nazis, I think they're competitive for some of the worst people on the entire planet, and I think that their continued existence is a testament to how shitty Western civilization can still be at times. So the fact that some wannabe vigilante asshole has put me into a situation where I'm forced to defend a nazi bothers me to no end. Because there are tons of appropriate responses to a nazi passing out fliers, and 'putting on a mask and punching him in the face before running away' is NOT one of them.

And for anyone saying violence is okay because nazi have a history of violence themselves, there's a significant gulf between a clear and present threat and a theoretical one. Bluntly, it's not illegal to want someone to die (most of us, at one point or another when we were very angry, have secretly wished someone else would just die). It IS illegal to draft up a plan to murder someone. The 'here is how I plan on doing it' is kinda a critical threshold where it transitions from thought crime to actual crime. If there is any evidence that the guy passing out fliers has ever done, or seriously planned, violence he should be arrested and thrown in jail. But that still doesn't make a vigilante punch acceptable. Punching him doesn't make anybody safer, if anything, it puts people in greater danger because it gives him and his ilk something to point at to justify any violence they want to do in the future.

There would be comedic value in criminals getting what they deserve, listening to their protests how they should be exempted because it was a nazi they punched.
    I don't know why you think a trial is funny? Unless they do or say something funny/stupid but that isn't a guarantee.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Turn of the century Germans thought they were above inhuman barbarism too.
    I assume you are talking about the turn of 19th and 20th centuries, in which case this is somewhat weak example because their thoughts aside, they were already engaging in it at said turn of the century, long before the Nazis. Modern day US, somewhat less so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you think a trial is funny? Unless they do or say something funny/stupid but that isn't a guarantee.
    It's always funny when criminals get punished for their crimes.