Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    What are you even advocating? That we eliminate all head coverings associated with religious culture?
    People shouldn't have to wear something based on their gender.

It is a nice action. I hate religious oppression. What is her stance on important economic issues for her country? That is the most important thing.

This is very good for France, im happy for you guys.

Looks like Europe is heading for better times, now that were starting to cast aside all the weaker leaders and political parties.

Is it becoming trendy to go back politically by 40 years, and be all sorts of phobic? Because that worked so well back then.

Deleted
    What are you even advocating? That we eliminate all head coverings associated with religious culture?
    I'm down for that in public spaces yes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    Is it becoming trendy to go back politically by 40 years, and be all sorts of phobic?
    Well, we're supposed to respect islam so it's more like back 300 years.

I think it's called diplomacy. This may be a foreign concept to some.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Topless at the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd call it more having a lack of respect. I'm sure he'd have to observe certain French customs and whatnot if he were to visit her.

Then again, she's apparently the kind of "leader" idiot people want these days so... have at it.
    Lack of respect?
    What is there even to respect about islam, Sharia law and their culture?

She did the right thing.
    Stop pretending their culture and way of living is even remotely as respectable as western culture.

Oh and it sure is fun to watch holier-than-thou regressive lefties throw a bitch fit about christianity all the time, but as soon someone dare to speak up against islam, they are literally hitler reborn.
    Last edited by Strangebrew; 2017-02-22 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'd call it more having a lack of respect. I'm sure he'd have to observe certain French customs and whatnot if he were to visit her.
    Muslim dignitaries frequently refuse to shake hands with females. Not all of them, mind you, but some. At least Iranian ambassadors are known for this in Finland. So no, they do not observe western customs at the expense of their own, while they expect us to observe theirs at the expense of our own. The same women whose hands they refuse to shake will wear a scarf while visiting Iran, however, so it's simply a blatant lack of respect and unwillingness to compromise from their part.

This little stunt is just that, however. A stunt. Le Pen is still just a female french Trump and I hope the french will not want to "make france great again".
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

7+ Year Old Account
    "Shove it up his ass"

Hahaha great...

As much as I dislike Hillary and Michelle those pictures are annoying.
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Topless at the beach?
    Of course, I don't give a shit if a woman wants to take off her shit at the beach the same as a man. There are countries that do this without issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tumppu View Post
    Muslim dignitaries frequently refuse to shake hands with females. Not all of them, mind you, but some. At least Iranian ambassadors are known for this in Finland. So no, they do not observe western customs at the expense of their own, while they expect us to observe theirs at the expense of our own. The same women whose hands they refuse to shake will wear a scarf while visiting Iran, however, so it's simply a blatant lack of respect and unwillingness to compromise from their part.

This little stunt is just that, however. A stunt. Le Pen is still just a female french Trump and I hope the french will not want to "make france great again".
    Thanks for pointing out on of the problems with this discussion. This is about a religious person in Lebanon, you're talking about iran. How would you like it if i say "Yeah, these stupid christian countries who deny homosexuals basic rights" because Uganda does it?

Make France great again? You Trumpkins have had way too much kool-aid.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course, I don't give a shit if a woman wants to take off her shit at the beach the same as a man. There are countries that do this without issues.
    quite a bit of topless women on the french beach actually. And from every age categories.

Criticise immigrants for not integrating with our customs, refuse to observe customs of foreign countries when on foreign soil... seems legit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureapex View Post
    I'm down for that in public spaces yes.
    So fuck the first Amendment?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you advocating that we eliminate all head coverings associated with religious culture? Answer the question.

You're using the term "have to". What if they "want to".
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    So Utah, Indiana and Tennessee also have sexist cultures and laws?

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Are you advocating that we eliminate all head coverings associated with religious culture? Answer the question.

Thats an easy one. All muslim woman are oppressed and therefore there cannot be a woman who wears it voluntarily. /s

- - - Updated - - -

If people part of that religion want to subjugate themselves to the rules of that religion that's their right. It is however not right to expect others to dress based on on you religion because of gender. Not sure why you are having such a hard time grasping this simple concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I find nothing wrong with someone wearing hijab as a sign of respect....I neither see anything wrong with someone refusing to wear one.
    I think this post needs more positive attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    The funny part is you can make an argument for Darwinism. You don't "do as the romans do" so much for respecting the culture but as a way to adapt to your enviroment, survive and even thrive.
    If I had to choose between wearing a funny hat and being dismembered by an angry mob, I too would prefer the funny hat. But that wouldn't make it a "healthy" environment to be in, to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Lack of respect?
    What is there even to respect about islam, Sharia law and their culture?

She did the right thing.
    Stop pretending their culture and way of living is even remotely as respectable as western culture.

Oh and it sure is fun to watch holier-than-thou regressive lefties throw a bitch fit about christianity all the time, but as soon someone dare to speak up against islam, they are literally hitler reborn.
    I agree wholeheartedly.