Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    This. She might be a zombie, but Sylvanas is still an Elf. But she hates humans for abandoning her people to the Scourge (whether it was justified or not - you might recall a role reversal on the Broken Shore in recent memory), Arthas especially for putting her into her current state.

Conquering Lordaeron gave two-fold benefit: the non-Scourge undead have a home, and the humans will NEVER take back Arthas' kingdom.
    As far as I can recall she hates humans because of arthas
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Would be funny if she slipped some plague in those supplies she sent to the Ghostlands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    This. She might be a zombie, but Sylvanas is still an Elf. But she hates humans for abandoning her people to the Scourge
    While in actual, the humans that weren't abandoned by their prince helped her liberate what is now know as the ruins of Lordaeron, only to end up being slaughtered and force into various anti-undead factions across the Eastern Kingdoms, primarily the Scarlet Crusade.

Reasoning her actions by blaming humans that fought the Scourge/Arthas because of Arthas is like blaming the Frostwolves because of what all the other orcs did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be funny if she slipped some plague in those supplies she sent to the Ghostlands.
    and complete OOC.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post

While in actual, the humans that weren't abandoned by their prince helped her liberate what is now know as the ruins of Lordaeron, only to end up being slaughtered and force into various anti-undead factions across the Eastern Kingdoms, primarily the Scarlet Crusade.
    We have no evidence of any humans from Garithos's group joining the Scarlet crusade though.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEagle888 View Post
    Why didn't Sylvanas reconquer Quel'Thalas?
    While I have no doubt she'd just love to add all other living elves to her ranks(she'd even turn her sister into an undead, despite the fact that she calls her own condition a curse lol), the blood elves have toughened up, especially after the Sunwell's return. Just like the Kirin Tor rallied to help defend Theramore because of Jaina, I'm pretty confident that paladins of various origin would join Quel'thalas' defence through Lliadrin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    We have no evidence of any humans from Garithos's group joining the Scarlet crusade though.
    You don't need any evidence. They don't need to make a blue post to tell you that whichever human survived ran off to the Scarlet Crusade or Argent Dawn.

Even if not, that would mean they all got killed off, which is even worse.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-02-22 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Wasn't in her interest, I'd imagine. Sylvanas still has some love for her homeland in life - enough to protect it when it came under threat from Darkhan's Scourge, but not enough to stop from using it in her plot to revenge herself upon Arthas.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    While I have no doubt she'd just love to add all other living elves to her ranks(she'd even turn her sister into an undead, despite the fact that she calls her own condition a curse lol), the blood elves have toughened up, especially after the Sunwell's return. Just like the Kirin Tor rallied to help defend Theramore because of Jaina, I'm pretty confident that paladins of various origin would join Quel'thalas' defence through Lliadrin.
    she wanted to add vereesa because Vereesa wanted to live with her and rule side by side, Raising her was the natural next step to Sylvanas.

You don't need any evidence. They don't need to make a blue post to tell you that whichever human survived ran off to the Scarlet Crusade or Argent Dawn.

Even if not, that would mean they all got killed off, which is even worse.
    Because you said so? As far as we know they were all killed off. The only guy we know of is the one that fled to Theramore. And he was later accidentally killed by Jaina.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas was not the ruler of Quel'Thalas, she was the Ranger General protecting the city. Why would she then invade and attack the city, that makes no sense? Obviously she would want it to stay protected. Also, the Forsaken are all Lorderon citizens, so they'd want to stay in their own city; they made her their leader. Undercity and Quel'Thalas are allied.

- - - Updated - - -

As far as I can recall she hates humans because of arthas
    Sylvanas doesn't hate humans. She was in love with Nathanos Marris when he was human, and now still while he's a Forsaken.

she wanted to add vereesa because Vereesa wanted to live with her and rule side by side, Raising her was the natural next step to Sylvanas.
    Keyword being live, not "undeathe" beside her for eternity. The hidden motive of Sylvanas to kill her and turn her into an undead makes it all the more heideous, especially considering Sylvanas knows very well what she experienced after she died.

The proper way to do it is to put that "natural" next step on the table and see wether the offer is accepted or not. Her character knew very well it wouldn't be accepted.

- - - Updated - - -

Because you said so? As far as we know they were all killed off. The only guy we know of is the one that fled to Theramore. And he was later accidentally killed by Jaina.
    Not because I said so, but because it makes sense that any number of them survived and scattered. They either survived or died. If they survived, they either somehow made it back to Alliance territories to the South or joined one of the factions that were forming closeby.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keyword being live, not "undeathe" beside her for eternity. The hidden motive of Sylvanas to kill her and turn her into an undead makes it all the more heideous, especially considering Sylvanas knows very well what she experienced after she died.
    Sylvanas is twisted in undeath, she thinks that killing Vereesa peacefully makes it ok.

The proper way to do it is to put that "natural" next step on the table and see wether the offer is accepted or not. Her character knew very well it wouldn't be accepted.
    half tempted to say she would agree if Sylvanas didn't remind her of her kids.

OT. Sylvanas never had a reason to invade Quel'thalas, shes not going to choose killing her people over random humans.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-02-22 at 11:47 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Sylvanas is twisted in undeath
    I know, that is why I pointed it out. It still isn't right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    I know, that is why I pointed it out. It still isn't right.
    To us it isn't, from her point of view inside the story it might be.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Sylvanas doesn't hate humans. She was in love with Nathanos Marris when he was human, and now still while he's a Forsaken.
    What is this, token human guy? She liked him when they were both still alive, before Arthas. Forsaken don't count as human for Sylvanas.
    "At last, Arthas, you will pay for what you have done. The humans who spawned such as you shall be slaughtered."
    --Rise of the Lich King

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    What is this, token human guy? She liked him when they were both still alive, before Arthas. Forsaken don't count as human for Sylvanas.
    "At last, Arthas, you will pay for what you have done. The humans who spawned such as you shall be slaughtered."
    --Rise of the Lich King
    also it was never stated they were in love. Its possible for people to be close without loving each other.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    also it was never stated they were in love. Its possible for people to be close without loving each other.
    Possible, but given all the circumstantial evidence I'd judge it as unlikely. Lor'themar and Renthar Hawkspear have even made mention of the strangeness of Sylvanas' connection to Nathanos, and Sylvanas even refused the command of Kael'thas to remove Nathanos from the Rangers due to his dislike of having a human in a position to learn Elven secrets. Add in the fact that both of Sylvanas' famous sisters have had Elven/Human relationships and I think you've got a very high probability of a repeated motif with the Windrunner ladies.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Possible, but given all the circumstantial evidence I'd judge it as unlikely. Lor'themar and Renthar Hawkspear have even made mention of the strangeness of Sylvanas' connection to Nathanos, and Sylvanas even refused the command of Kael'thas to remove Nathanos from the Rangers due to his dislike of having a human in a position to learn Elven secrets. Add in the fact that both of Sylvanas' famous sisters have had Elven/Human relationships and I think you've got a very high probability of a repeated motif with the Windrunner ladies.
    And its in that case thank god they both died before they could have yet another aggravating half elf.

Edit: Sylvanas didn't mention nathanos once in the entire Arthas book, feels like if they were super close she would at-least think of him once.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-02-23 at 01:28 AM.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    And its in that case thank god they both died before they could have yet another aggravating half elf.

Edit: Sylvanas didn't mention nathanos once in the entire Arthas book, feels like if they were super close she would at-least think of him once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Nathanos wasn't mentioned at all anywhere, even in passing in "Arthas" but since the story was more about Arthas I don't think they'd dwell on Sylvanas' possible choices of paramour (assuming she had any in life or in death). I also can't really think of an irritating Half-elf - Arator the Redeemer doesn't get a lot of exploration (although perhaps he does in Legion during the Paladin Order Hall campaign) and the other Half-elven children of Rhonin and Vereesa have never been seen at all and only referred to in passing. The most annoying Half-elf I can think of is Kalec, but he's not really a Half-elf at all and just wears the form of one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nathanos wasn't mentioned at all anywhere, even in passing in "Arthas" but since the story was more about Arthas I don't think they'd dwell on Sylvanas' possible choices of paramour (assuming she had any in life or in death). I also can't really think of an irritating Half-elf - Arator the Redeemer doesn't get a lot of exploration (although perhaps he does in Legion during the Paladin Order Hall campaign) and the other Half-elven children of Rhonin and Vereesa have never been seen at all and only referred to in passing. The most annoying Half-elf I can think of is Kalec, but he's not really a Half-elf at all and just wears the form of one.
    Vereesa and Rhonin were both some of the worst god awful characters ever conceived in WoW. Vereesa is written in to be Rhonin's Baby momma and Knaack decided to top that cake with twin half elves because one wasn't awful enough. Arator is bad for different reasons, he was reconnected in, but at-least his father wasn't an insufferable ass of a character that was mage Jesus with descriptions of his red hair every other page. There is also the whole stupid tropes that Half elves have, and Blizzard loves their tropes. The whole idea of Elven women falling for humans is cringe-worthy most of the time and having end up going down that same path just tarnishes her character.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Vereesa and Rhonin were both some of the worst god awful characters ever conceived in WoW. Vereesa is written in to be Rhonin's Baby momma and Knaack decided to top that cake with twin half elves because one wasn't awful enough. Arator is bad for different reasons, he was reconnected in, but at-least his father wasn't an insufferable ass of a character that was mage Jesus with descriptions of his red hair every other page. There is also the whole stupid tropes that Half elves have, and Blizzard loves their tropes. The whole idea of Elven women falling for humans is cringe-worthy most of the time and having end up going down that same path just tarnishes her character.
    I agree that Vereesa is pretty terrible, although I'm in the minority that feels Rhonin came into his own briefly towards the sunset of his NPC career. I'm not really familiar with "Half-elf" tropes in fantasy, per se; I suppose that's something I'll have to read up on. Elven/Human relationships are rare, though; as are Half-elves in the Warcraft universe - and since none of the characters get much in the way of exploration I'm not sure how the aforementioned tropes would be applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that Vereesa is pretty terrible, although I'm in the minority that feels Rhonin came into his own briefly towards the sunset of his NPC career. I'm not really familiar with "Half-elf" tropes in fantasy, per se; I suppose that's something I'll have to read up on. Elven/Human relationships are rare, though; as are Half-elves in the Warcraft universe - and since none of the characters get much in the way of exploration I'm not sure how the aforementioned tropes would be applied.
    it usually comes down to "oh im so special but im tortured by my half elveness but also im really special but no one understands my pain, also im special and better at everything then anyone" Which Is why thankfully knaack never wrote anything on them.

I believe it was Chris metzen who said a while back that "half this and that" are painful to write, ill try to find it.
    Holy shit lol