Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I slam on my breaks and swerve like a idiot for any animal. I would feel pretty bad for even a squirrel. I even feel guilty when my wife forces me to kill the spider in the bathtub.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    Put a human and a cat in a room for 24 hours with a hamster and tell me the results.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Starve a human in a room with a hamster and tell me the results.

... Won't someone PLEASE think of the hamster??

Although I wouldn't assume the outcome if said hamster were of the Eurasian species...

Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    Don't have to tell you, I can show you:

From here on out, you're going to have to work for your meal.
    Oh look a youtube video disproves ample evidence gathered over decades of study........

Don't have to tell you, I can show you:

From here on out, you're going to have to work for your meal.
    Lmao, same with this combo. Put a human and these 2 in a room;

Why don't cat owners understand that if you cat is out of an enclosed area they should be killed?

I feel like this video perfectly encapsulates the spirit that this thread was created in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep moving the goal posts further and further and further......

You can never prove intent when a cat has been hit by a car. In my hypothetical op you cannot prove it was done deliberately. If my car was damaged from hitting it the animal onwer is liable to fix the damage.
    "Hypothetical OP".

Talks about moving goalposts, but tries to pass OP off as being hypothetical.

So last night I ran over a cat in the rural area and someone saw it and preceded to abuse me. Now i think i did the right thing for a few reasons.
    Quoted for posterity to demonstrate blatant hypocrisy.

You're done, shut 'er down. I know it makes you feel bad, just try harder next time.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2017-02-23 at 12:58 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Oh look a youtube video disproves ample evidence gathered over decades of study........
    Well... yeah. It does. That isn't CGI you're looking at- that's a real life cat in a room with a real life hamster. Turns out, a domesticated cat can control its natural desire to kill everything in sight.

Now that said, if you're referring to non-domesticated animals, and are just coming to the conclusion, after "decades of study" that wild animals that eat other animals, can and will eat other animals, well... welcome to the party. Later on, we'll discuss water and its tendency to be the opposite of dry.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Well... yeah. It does. That isn't CGI you're looking at- that's a real life cat in a room with a real life hamster. Turns out, a domesticated cat can control its natural desire to kill everything in sight.

Now that said, if you're referring to non-domesticated animals, and are just coming to the conclusion, after "decades of study" that wild animals that eat other animals, can and will eat other animals, well... welcome to the party. Later on, we'll discuss water and its tendency to be the opposite of dry.
    Cause anecdotal evidence is reliable......there is no point in further discussion with people who cannot see past their emotions in tye face of so much scientific research to show otherwise. Congratulations you are part of the problem with humanity and people like you will lead to our downfall.
    Last edited by Unhinged; 2017-02-23 at 01:02 AM.

Cause anecdotal evidence is reliable......there is no point in further discussion with people who cannot see past their emotions in tye face of so much scientific research to show otherwise. Congratulations you are part of the problem with humanity and people like you will lead to our downfall.
    Edit: Much better post.

Opening statement moves the goal posts, while at the same time the body of the paragraph continues to misdirect from the original topic of discussion entirely, subtlety appeals to emotion, and then closes with hyperbole all in one deft move. I give a 6.
    Last edited by King Shark; 2017-02-23 at 01:25 AM.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God Emperor Trump View Post
    I slam on my breaks and swerve like a idiot for any animal. I would feel pretty bad for even a squirrel. I even feel guilty when my wife forces me to kill the spider in the bathtub.
    The only time I will intentionally kill something is if it's dangerous/poses a threat to me, or is just a parasite like a mosquito. If I see a brown recluse or a black window in my house it's probably going to be sprayed with something because it's too risky to try to capture it and take it outside. Normally with most spiders, I will just put them in a box and take them outside.

I have however rescued several cats from dangerous situations, and while I haven't been able to adopt them all myself, I did make sure they went to good homes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Bylaws are municipal and will vary by city. Outdoor cats are not illegal in Australia.

Kill loose cats, go to jail. Shrug.
    As it should be.
    Killing other peoples cats just shows a huge lack of empathy.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    As it should be.
    Killing other peoples cats just shows a huge lack of empathy.
    The police won't even respond if someone called them and siad my cat has been run over deliberately. It's a waste of their time because it can never be proved and the cat been on the road is illegal in itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The police won't even respond if someone called them and siad my cat has been run over deliberately. It's a waste of their time because it can never be proved and the cat been on the road is illegal in itself.
    Does not change anything about that people who other's pets are huge dickbags.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why don't cat owners understand that if you cat is out of an enclosed area they should be killed?
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    I live in the real world where incompetence is not am escuse for dead wildlife. Don't want a dead cat then house it properly.

So last night I ran over a cat in the rural area and someone saw it and preceded to abuse me. Now i think i did the right thing for a few reasons.

Firstly swerving around or hard braking for animals on the road is dangerous and if they do damage your car the owner pays as opposed to you for crashing into a tree etc.. instead of the animal.

Secondly in my country Ausyralia feral/stray cats reek havoc on native animals and I was doing my bit to help the environment.

If you can't safely swerve around a cat...or stop in time...you probably don't belong behind the wheel. Since you did not mention an oncoming vehicle, you had a way to avoid it. You CHOSE not to. So yes, your abuse is deserved. You killed an animal because you couldn't be arsed to slightly move your hands for 2 seconds and press gently down with your toe.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the driving classes I took a few years ago, we were taught that human life > everything else. So if you are able to safely stop and/or swerve around the animal without harming yourself or another driver/pedestrian, do it. Otherwise, poor animal. I always drive slowly when there are cars on both sides of the road because you never know, even a kid might just roll out on to the street unknowingly. Just have to use common sense.

Unfortunately there are some circumstances where you can't avoid it. You can help by preventing anything from happening obviously by being more careful on the road though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... Won't someone PLEASE think of the hamster??

Although I wouldn't assume the outcome if said hamster were of the Eurasian species...

None of us will be laughing when angry hamsters start mutating into 11' monstrosities with a taste for human flesh after the Great Nuclear Meltdown of 2036.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    None of us will be laughing when angry hamsters start mutating into 11' monstrosities with a taste for human flesh after the Great Nuclear Meltdown of 2036.
    I will be, I will happily serve our rodent overlords.