Poll: Who do you support?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Well, for shits and giggles, we don't see the conversation from the very start.
    And if the video included the start of the conversation, the start of the conversation would be relevant.

She already seems agitated when the motorcycle pulls up.
    She is a cyclist. I've yet to meet one that isn't a cunt.

Then, they call her an old dog, ask again for her numbers, ask if she's on her period and then tries to touch her.
    After she started going bat shit. I don't care what someone says to you, you start swinging at them or their vehicle, you deserve to be insulted, at least.

To make it sound like all he did was ask for her number and she goes bat shit crazy, is not really painting an accurate picture of what happened
    I merely stated my opinion on the available evidence. Nothing else is relevant. And if we're painting a picture of what actually happened, we wouldn't be having this conversation because it was staged.

Deleted
    I side with the girl on this one. Even though she broke the side view mirror of the car, I am in the belief that if someone does something bad to you, you are allowed to retaliate and the other one would still be to blame. Had the guys done nothing, neither would she. If she was someone else, they guys would still be acting like a dick.
    If you want to stop this from happening you need to remove the cause (harassment), not the effect (destruction of property).

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe she shouldve dressed more conservatively instead of intentionally wearing clothing designed to ellicit catcalls. Plus she should be in jail for destruction of property. Words are just words, but she did damage. She shouldve just ignored them and went on her way

From the video alone she is clearly in the wrong and deserves a hefty fine as well as some community service hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Colactic View Post
    I side with the girl on this one. Even though she broke the side view mirror of the car, I am in the belief that if someone does something bad to you, you are allowed to retaliate and the other one would still be to blame. Had the guys done nothing, neither would she. If she was someone else, they guys would still be acting like a dick.
    If you want to stop this from happening you need to remove the cause (harassment), not the effect (destruction of property).
    I blame their employer.

She shouldn't have taken the job if she didn't want to be (fake) harassed. Oh well actors gotta eat too.
    Last edited by noidentity; 2017-02-24 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    And if the video included the start of the conversation, the start of the conversation would be relevant.

She is a cyclist. I've yet to meet one that isn't a cunt.

After she started going bat shit. I don't care what someone says to you, you start swinging at them or their vehicle, you deserve to be insulted, at least.

I merely stated my opinion on the available evidence. Nothing else is relevant. And if we're painting a picture of what actually happened, we wouldn't be having this conversation because it was staged.
    You mean after some random creepy bastard in a van starts grabbing at her arm out of nowhere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    Maybe she shouldve dressed more conservatively instead of intentionally wearing clothing designed to ellicit catcalls. Plus she should be in jail for destruction of property. Words are just words, but she did damage. She shouldve just ignored them and went on her way

SPORTSWEAR

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noidentity View Post
    I blame their employer.

She shouldn't have taken the job if she didn't want to be (fake) harassed. Oh well actors gotta eat too.
    I don't know if it is fake or not. But in regards to the situation, should it happen, this is the stance I'd take on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    As well, you seemed to have ignored that I do support her filing a suit for harassment.

"I'm on the side that she broke someone property and should be brought to court over it.

If she chooses to submit a counter suit for harassment, then I support that too."
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say it's the order you chose that gave the impression.

The way you have it worded seems to imply that she should only sue him for harassment if he tries to sue her for damages first, as if she didn't have enough grounds(Or you didn't support) her case for harassment. Yea yea I know the video is fake, but I just wanted point out how your comment could be taken the wrong way.

I understood your comment, but I can see how it might be interpreted.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Something I haven't seen mentioned is how the van is moving alongside the cyclist while they're standing still. She tries to move away/ahead, and the van follows and kinda forces her to the side.

Ridiculous that people defend the driver's behavior.

Edit: Yeah ok fake video. Situation could still happen.
    Last edited by Beace; 2017-02-24 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    I'm pretty sure any non-cave dweller can easily rip one off.
    I'm a mechanic. You're wrong.

I think we can all agree that this is a decently filmed but ultimately staged video. Thanks to OP for giving these amateur filmmakers some exposure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    So you don't side with her even though she was harassed and physically assaulted?
    That doesn't give you the right to damage property. We have this thing called police and court systems for that. Had she not done what she had done I would be on her side. Now instead she's just as wrong as they were.

I'm also in agreement this video is fake for the aforementioned reason that the mirror on a van like that is not that easily ripped off the mounting.

Also instances like this are pretty rare. More often the people that claim catcalls are "Good morning beautiful" and nothing more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    I'm a mechanic. You're wrong.
    They're assuming it was a regular car which it wasn't. It was a van. Even a regular car would have given a bit of trouble.

Both sides were in the wrong and both should be brought to court over it.

Deleted
    So let's see... first a retard breaks off his land, endangering the life of s cyclist and tries to touch her.
    Then a cyclist follows said retard and, being a retard herself, breaks his side mirror.
    You know what?
    I think they were both wrong. One for harassment and one for damaging property.

Overall, two retards, and this coming from someone who fully supports women's rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    In her defense, she looks quite fit. I am not in good shape, and not a big guy by any means (5'8", 150lbs) And I can tear off a side view mirror with my bare hands just as easily.
    No you can't. You might be able to get it off in one try with a swipe. You aren't able to just pull it off a truck like that.

Just the wiring (which you can clearly see) is usually really thick AND wrapped in thick rubber, really tough and the way it twists into the door gives it a lot of surface area to act like an anchor.

Taking those off deliberately is a pain in the ass, doing it without tools like that is unbelievable.

Y'all spending too much time arguing about an obviously staged event. I guess it's just some natural culture war shit though.

It looks like the guy in the van was touching her, so I'm on her side. I'm pretty ambivalent/apathetic about cat calling, but approaching someone like that and touching them is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    It's really not...
    It really is. It really really is.

I'm going to one-up my earlier posts with the observation that this is a Ford Transit, a brand I work on often.

10+ Year Old Account
    The video is staged guys...