Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you want to sub to it, I think PSNow has a few of the games. You can check and see and its $15 a month sub.
    i think the majority of europe doesnt have psnow yet (at least austria and germany dont), but this weekend is a sale on steam, i got symphonia for € 4,99 (just the first game)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The English voice-acting is very hit or miss with me. The conversations are fine
    (although not sure on the actor choices for some of the characters), but good god,
    their "battle cries" and what they say/how they sound during their Mystic Arts
    sound HORRIBLE.
    i was watching some videos to hear the english voice acting. battle cries are really terrible, and i hate laphicets voice (its too childish) and kamoana lol... i was reading comments about her voice but it was even worse than i had imagined

10+ Year Old Account
    Was Eternal Sonata made by the same people that make tales games? I played a ps2 tales game I believe, and played ES on the xbox 360 and enjoyed it. Wanting to try a tales game again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    The English voice-acting is very hit or miss with me. The conversations are fine
    (although not sure on the actor choices for some of the characters), but good god,
    their "battle cries" and what they say/how they sound during their Mystic Arts
    sound HORRIBLE.
    As long as its not...

Quote Originally Posted by Xarganthos View Post
    i was watching some videos to hear the english voice acting. battle cries are really terrible, and i hate laphicets voice (its too childish) and kamoana lol... i was reading comments about her voice but it was even worse than i had imagined
    I mean...he is a child. Children sound... childish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    i know, but compared to the japanese va it sounds too childish imo (since i'm used to his japanese voice)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    As long as its not...
    Yes well, Final Fantasy X's Voice Acting is also hit or miss too. Although to be fair,
    I have more of a problem with their characters than their voice actors.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    In all fairness, there are some actors who can sound like children and sound GOOD.

I'm not saying Laphicet in particular sounds bad (didn't bother me really), but yeah,
    some can do it, others can't, and it is pretty noticeable.
    Last edited by ThatsOurEric; 2017-02-25 at 01:05 PM.

I thought the english VA was pretty good for the game. I couldn't stand Bienfu or the whiny kid we all hate. I did think Eizen and Magilou were excellent though. Next playthrough I'm going to put it on Japanese VA and see how it goes.

Thats me got it. Not too far into it, but liking it so far. Though, I don't like some of the similarities to Zeristiria (or however you spell it) when it comes to skills etc, I liked the Xillia system.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by tehealadin View Post
    Thats me got it. Not too far into it, but liking it so far. Though, I don't like some of the similarities to Zeristiria (or however you spell it) when it comes to skills etc, I liked the Xillia system.
    I too liked some of the older systems like Vesperia and some parts of Graces. Xillia 1 and 2 had systems I enjoyed though Xillia 1 felt like it wasn't fully fleshed out and didn't have enough skills but Xillia 2 fixed that issue. I don't like how you just passive learn and can use all of the weapon/armor abilities, just does not feel rewarding compared to a pick and choose system like Vesperia.

After finishing Zestiria I thought I'd like to see a bit more of the universe and decided to take a look at Berseria, but somehow I've lost quite a lot of steam after a couple of hours. I think I miss mostly the ability to armatize and I'm annoyed by all the changes in terminology and the inconsistency between hellion and daemon, seraphs and malaks (lol..), etc.

Also the controls went from shite on pc without ps/xbox controller (I only have an old cheapo one with different layout) to utter garbage if you actually want to decide which skills you want to use...
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-02-28 at 10:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    After finishing Zestiria I thought I'd like to see a bit more of the universe and decided to take a look at Berseria, but somehow I've lost quite a lot of steam after a couple of hours. I think I miss mostly the ability to armatize and I'm annoyed by all the changes in terminology and the inconsistency between hellion and daemon, seraphs and malaks (lol..), etc.

Also the controls went from shite on pc without ps/xbox controller (I only have an old cheapo one with different layout) to utter garbage if you actually want to decide which skills you want to use...
    I won't spoil a lot of it for you. But I felt the same way. You'll find out later some of the terminologies (not all just some) will return from Zestiria and you'll see how those terms came into existence. It's really interesting and the final parts of the game really connect Berseria and Zestiria together well. Made me respect Zestiria that much more.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    As long as its not...

lol this triggered me - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA18rrZwRdc
    Will not touch Berseria before I get a good discount though :P

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    I won't spoil a lot of it for you. But I felt the same way. You'll find out later some of the terminologies (not all just some) will return from Zestiria and you'll see how those terms came into existence. It's really interesting and the final parts of the game really connect Berseria and Zestiria together well. Made me respect Zestiria that much more.
    Yeah, after I wrote that the plot started to take up speed again. I made it to the southern isles and I can see the signs now and they adresed a few things that seemed rather contradicting before.

The game is definitely a hard close of Zestiria, especially when looking at the cosmetic items, and the art, but I like the less patronizing story (story overall is most important to me), even though the darker undertones often clash with random anime gimmiks. I just wish I could properly select which mystic arte to cast in a less clumsy way. Martial and Hidden work fine with the random system or using the 4 designated chain buttons, but the ones that have a cast time feel just akward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Yeah, after I wrote that the plot started to take up speed again. I made it to the southern isles and I can see the signs now and they adresed a few things that seemed rather contradicting before.

The game is definitely a hard close of Zestiria, especially when looking at the cosmetic items, and the art, but I like the less patronizing story (story overall is most important to me), even though the darker undertones often clash with random anime gimmiks. I just wish I could properly select which mystic arte to cast in a less clumsy way. Martial and Hidden work fine with the random system or using the 4 designated chain buttons, but the ones that have a cast time feel just akward.
    I completely agree with you on the mystic artes! Let's hope they make some changes for the next game
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Quote Originally Posted by Yuuki Asuna View Post
    I completely agree with you on the mystic artes! Let's hope they make some changes for the next game
    While they are at it they could loosen up the side quests a bit earlier. I mean you get like 2 or 3 throughout the whole game, but when you finally hit the last save before the final fight you are suddenly drowned with all sides quests and continuations of the few early ones that suddenly ended for no good reason what so ever.

After finally finishing it I have to say: I definitely liked the story better than Zestiria - a lot (the anime imho works better story wise). It was a needed relief after the patronizing too kid-friendly story of Zestiria. They also neatly wrapped up the plot discrepencies toward the end, with some surprises I didn't see coming or expected differently. The combat is worse though imho (mostly because I prefer actual casting instead of randomly jumping around with melee attacks and semi random artes) and frankly the last dungeon before the final boss was just annoying. Not to mention that the shitty aftergame arena dungeon holds some interesting lore tidbits (and towels) hostage, both of these outstayed their welcome. The final story boss dungeon with the constant backtracking, the aftergame one with the with terrible flame chasing and damage sponge bosses. Usually I enjoy when the ending takes some time to unfold, but here it was just too much, I just wanted to see the end, not start bonding with my crew 5 minutes before fighting the big baddy.

Something that also pisses me off is the DLC policy. The alternate costumes are mostly a travesty, because there is very little difference between the characters or it's very minor redesigns of existing stuff. and the DLC ones make you pay through your nose.

Well I guess that leaves me with the usual conclusion of Tales games. Great if you like it that way or are just in for more story in that universe, disapointing if you don't. :/