Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    My issue isn't with the specs. It's with specs that will result in graphics worse than [insert game that is way better optimised here and looks better]. I doubt this game will have physics on the level of Witcher 3 for instance ( ruffled animal fur, trees swaying in the wind ).

I can play Witcher 3 on High/Ultra and I doubt I'll be able to play this game on the same settings, while I also doubt it'll look better than TW3.
    I guess it depends on what you're looking for in graphics. It's Bioware so even when they say the long hair is animated I bet it won't be TW3's level of Hairworks. However, I've really liked what I've seen from the textures and lighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Not really, they were simplified and reduced to a few check boxes. Tactics in The first two games had much greater potential and use, it really had that "create your own AI"-feeling which I just loved. And if you added mods which expanded upon the tactics system you could create some of the best AI behavior ever seen in a video game. I was so sad to see it so neutered in Inquisition.
    I really don't understand what you're talking about. The tactical camera is significantly better and the skills are slightly worse. You still control thresholds for healing and priorities. I wasn't saying it was as good. I was replying to a very special comment saying they removed it for consoles when they didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Wait. Drack is from Nakmor clan? The same Nakmor, who send thier ambassador to Wrex in ME2? http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Nakmor_Drack

Awesome. :P
    It seems like clan Nakmor has quite the participation in the Initiative. Nakmor Kesh for example is the superintendent of the Nexus, and was part of the engineering team that build the Nexus:
    https://twitter.com/masseffect/statu...557184?lang=en

Quote Originally Posted by Nikusu View Post
    I really don't understand what you're talking about. The tactical camera is significantly better and the skills are slightly worse. You still control thresholds for healing and priorities. I wasn't saying it was as good. I was replying to a very special comment saying they removed it for consoles when they didn't.
    Oh, tactical camera. I was talking about AI tactics.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    I might should play ME:A on lowest settings, in same matter like DA:I if i will be lucky.

I guess I must be the really strange weirdo that doesn't really care one bit about graphics.

Graphics are nice yes, but they are no replacement for good story or gameplay. I rate them lowest in what's important to enjoy a game. Yakuza 0 has really shitty graphics and its still one hell of an awesome game.

Mass Effect Andromeda could have ME1 graphics (Complete with plastic hair) as far as I'm concerned. As long as the plot, writing and gameplay are top-notch, I know I'll enjoy every second of it.

- - - Updated - - -

So there's only one Andromeda Initiative Briefing video left to unlock the helmet when the game releases. I wonder what the topic of it will be.

I dearly hope its the Colony Establishment Guidelines.

They've teased a lot about being able to establish and build colonies, but nary a peep of a demonstration of it in trailers, screenshots, or anything at all.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Irony being, Graphics aren't the problem for me. GTX 1070 attaches into the standart PCI-E no problem. Same with memory, just swap the DIMMs into bigger ones and voila, double the RAM.

But nothing saves me from the CPU anymore. I hope physics aren't a problem and the GPU just takes the load like a champ it should be.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-02-25 at 10:31 PM.

Got a i7-3820, hope it's enough for max graphics when i got a 1080

I guess I must be the really strange weirdo that doesn't really care one bit about graphics.

Graphics are nice yes, but they are no replacement for good story or gameplay.
    Yeah, thing is, after Witcher 3, we're used to having all of them in the same product.

I really need a new ssd...120gb just isn't cutting it nowadays =( Already have FFXIV and BDO on it, not enough room to throw this game on their as well

Yeah, thing is, after Witcher 3, we're used to having all of them in the same product.
    Then I'm a bigger weirdo than I thought, because I'm also one of those rare people that isn't jizzing all over any of the Witcher games either. Good visuals, but never got into the story, or the gameplay of either 1 or 2, so I've never really gotten 3.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Witcher 3 had the graphics and most story beats down for sure, but the pure nitty gritty of the gameplay was pretty mediocre if you ask me (beyond the well designed quests). Andromeda already looks to have a combat system with far more depth and fun, for one thing.

Ya imma have to build a new rig, still using a i7 920 evga 970, ordering the parts tomorrow 7700 1080 lots of ram probably going to be 2k+. I could refund my origin and get a Xbone but i mean what else am i going to spend it on. Yay single life.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post

Graphics are nice yes, but they are no replacement for good story or gameplay. I rate them lowest in what's important to enjoy a game. Yakuza 0 has really shitty graphics and its still one hell of an awesome game.

Mass Effect Andromeda could have ME1 graphics (Complete with plastic hair) as far as I'm concerned. As long as the plot, writing and gameplay are top-notch, I know I'll enjoy every second of it.
    Not a weirdo; there is quite a few people in our club. I'm the same: as long as the graphics let me understand what's happening and there aren't too many rough edges (there never are, if we are talking about post-90-s games), and as long as I can run the game fluidly (that is at a constant 40+ FPS), I don't really care about all the fancy stuff.

I do care about the visual style though. And from what I've seen, the visual style in Andromeda is like a hybrid of Mass Effect and SWTOR graphics, only with much higher graphical fidelity. I'm totally fine with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Witcher 3 had the graphics and most story beats down for sure, but the pure nitty gritty of the gameplay was pretty mediocre if you ask me (beyond the well designed quests). Andromeda already looks to have a combat system with far more depth and fun, for one thing.

Witcher 3's problem was that the game was hard at first and then became easy. You just need a combat mod.

Then I'm a bigger weirdo than I thought, because I'm also one of those rare people that isn't jizzing all over any of the Witcher games either. Good visuals, but never got into the story
    Reading the books prior helps a ton.

The world building is second none. Maybe Bethesda, but it's a subjective thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I absolutely adored Witcher world (never read the books though), I think Mass Effect series world building tops it. But then, I am a sci-fi junkie, it is pretty hard for a fantasy game to compete for the first place in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Well looks like I'm in luck, my system should hold up just fine for 3440x1440

Witcher 3's problem was that the game was hard at first and then became easy. You just need a combat mod.

Reading the books prior helps a ton.

It was hard because of the wonky level scaling. The levels in Velen are all over the freaking place, you got level 2 dogs next to level 17 bandits. Once you were level 20 or so, almost nothing in the overworld outleveled you unless you sought it out.

My beef is more that I completed the game on Death March basically using the same tactic against everything. Attack attack dodge Sign (Quen for defense or Igni for beef dps once upgraded). The only enemies that forced me to adapt were the toad in Hearts of Stone and the endboss of Blood and Wine. There's really not much of a sense of variety and progression, which is definitely a sin in an RPG, especially a long-ass one with that. Whereas even when they are stripped down (ME2, DA2), Bioware games always manage to keep a good sense of progression. Andromeda looks to be no different with the array of weapons, Profiles and skills.

My almost full build for a new rig $1,790.95 not as bad as i thought.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post44741091
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-02-26 at 05:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am looking at two options. Either buy it for Xbox or look at buying a new gfx card and cpu. Both of which are not cheap. I might have to go Xbox for now and maybe upgrade the two down the line. Everything else I have is great. Just need those two. I will probably buy both top of the line just so I am okay for a few years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I am looking at two options. Either buy it for Xbox or look at buying a new gfx card and cpu. Both of which are not cheap. I might have to go Xbox for now and maybe upgrade the two down the line. Everything else I have is great. Just need those two. I will probably buy both top of the line just so I am okay for a few years.
    Consoles are pretty cheap nowadays.

Looking on eBay I see people selling both Xbox One and PS4 for pretty cheap, brand new ones.

I see an Uncharted 4 PS4 Slim Bundle and a Gears of War 4 Xbox One S 1TB Bundle, both for like $220 right now.