Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    i would agree about the spectator part. but i have seen it happen. there were times when i felt like the only person who held a certain position, but gradually saw more people adopt it. and the same with others. people are influenced by what they read, whether they admit it or not. more outspoken people maybe less so.
    I guess we should also break it down to what is being discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    @Skroe has made me smarter @Tennisace has made me dumber.
    you know more about canada and fat people than you could ever wish to know xD

7+ Year Old Account
    its still worth noting to have some perspective.
    Absolutely, especially when specifically discussing global politics. I just find it inane when someone needs to toss in the "global" spectrum when discussing U.S. politics.

a lot of the parties stated positions falls outside what they do in practice.
    Agreed. And that happens in any region as humans are inherently fallible.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    I guess we should also break it down to what is being discussed.
    the tone of the conversation as well. this forum has gotten significantly more hostile over the years. i suppose people had less irl frustration to vent back then, and were more focused on "pie in the sky" discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Absolutely, especially when specifically discussing global politics. I just find it inane when someone needs to toss in the "global" spectrum.

Agreed. And that happens in any region as humans are inherently fallible.
    yea, i just find the "left and right" labels to be simplistic and misleading.

7+ Year Old Account
    As do I. I tend to avoid them unless I'm in a hurry or not really committed to the discussion.

the tone of the conversation as well. this forum has gotten significantly more hostile over the years. i suppose people had less irl frustration to vent back then, and were more focused on "pie in the sky" discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

I definitely agree with hostility. Might be where my opinion derived from was this thinking. What's funny though is actually gaming communities I'm a part of and play with who have some opinions as the people on these forums are never as hostile and are actually quite forgiving people, whereas if you come and read here you would assume every gamer of X political affiliation would murder you irl if you told them what your political affiliation was.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

It is nice. It's why even on banned topics I like seeing where it goes. There can be good discussion there, they're just banned because they're topics that tend to get people heated and go downhill fast.

I will say though that while I've certainly learned a lot on these forums, I have also encountered a handful of the dumbest people I've ever met.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-02-25 at 05:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    I don't know about making me smarter necessarily. But I just wanted to take the time to thank you, some of you, most of you...

Ya the topics can be lame, ya they can get heated, and yes people can be downright stupid. But one thing this community has, is that we talk.

Especially if you are American in 2017 you will see that both ends of the political spectrum simply try to shut down the opposition. There isn't a discussion, there isn't even an out of control argument. There is no dialogue. So again, as nasty as we can be to each other here sometimes (I am culprit of this) in the end at least we are discussing. I will admit that even on a rare occasion (I won't admit it in the thread) I have had my ideals challenged and changed.

I will also say that in my time here and through my discussions I have increased my vocabulary both in an effort to not look stupid, but also to appear smarter than I may actually be. Either way I have learned some new words and phrases along the way.

To the liberal brotherhood of moderators. For a while I felt like there was a considerable effort made to single out and silence conservative ideas at any opportunity. I feel like over the last month or two there has been a noticeable change in that type of impulsive reaction to things.

I guess what I am trying to say is I hate you guys, and I love you guys, and I love to hate you guys.
    I agree that the (people who I am not allowed to name) have zero credibility and completely abuse their (thing I am not allowed to say).

Isn't it sad, when you can't even say what you want to say, for fear of being (thing I am not allowed to say)?

Isn't it sad, when there is a (thing I am not allowed to say) that prevents people from calling others (thing I am not allowed to say), even when their clear intention is to (thing I am not allowed to say)?

Isn't it sad when (people I am not allowed to name) prevent ideas they don't like from being said at all, under the guise of (thing I am not allowed to say)?

(thing I am not allowed to say) =/= free speech; it's censorship.

INB4 (thing I am not allowed to say) can be (verb I am not allowed to say) due to the private platform that is MMO-C. I get all that. I'm speaking to the idea of free speech, not the legal status.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    Quite right, when those "others" read your posts, they immediately feel better, knowing that someone out there was more stupid than them.

I concur with the other part though, @Skroe has some good posts now and then.
    What University have you studied at bud? What were your grades? Been to grad school?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    What University have you studied at bud? What were your grades? Been to grad school?
    I went to Aarhus University in Denmark, my study was electronics engineering, I recieved mostly top grades, graduated in 2009 and I run my own small company, if you really want to know.

What about you? Im guessing you are and probably always has been, an unproductive hopeless leech, stuck on welfare with no education of note, whose sole occupation is finding sjw stories to be "offended" about, then proceed to post them here, as if anyone really cares.

And judging by your post history, my guess probably isn't far off.

Deleted
    At the end the op is just a moderation complain.

- - - Updated - - -

To the liberal brotherhood of moderators. For a while I felt like there was a considerable effort made to single out and silence conservative ideas at any opportunity. I feel like over the last month or two there has been a noticeable change in that type of impulsive reaction to things.
    The thing is that right wing disinformation is different to conservative ideas. Ask yourself if you advocate fascism or conservatism.

I guess what I am trying to say is I hate you guys, and I love you guys, and I love to hate you guys.
    Thank you. I am sure there is no hypocrisy involved in your case when you create a "liberul" stereotype just to tell your main target that you love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Especially if you are American in 2017 you will see that both ends of the political spectrum simply try to shut down the opposition. There isn't a discussion, there isn't even an out of control argument. There is no dialogue. So again, as nasty as we can be to each other here sometimes (I am culprit of this) in the end at least we are discussing. I will admit that even on a rare occasion (I won't admit it in the thread) I have had my ideals challenged and changed.
    Actually, it is the fascist government trying to mute the press by banning them from press events. I dont see that happen from what you call "liberal" or "left".
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2017-02-26 at 10:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    At the end the op is just a moderation complain.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is that right wing disinformation is different to conservative ideas. Ask yourself if you advocate fascism or conservatism.

Thank you. I am sure there is no hypocrisy involved in your case when you create a "liberul" stereotype just to tell your main target that you love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, it is the fascist government trying to mute the press by banning them from press events. I dont see that happen from what you call "liberal" or "left".
    Some people will find something to argue about when literally nothing is there.

There is quite literally NO political issue here that you could possibly construe or misconstrue as being confused between fascism and conservatism and yet somehow... you manage to come in here and try to "refute" literally nothing and discredit nothing by questioning whether NOTHING is fascist.

Nice job troll. Mental gymnastics at their finest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsRainingMetal View Post
    I went to Aarhus University in Denmark, my study was electronics engineering, I recieved mostly top grades, graduated in 2009 and I run my own small company, if you really want to know.

What about you? Im guessing you are and probably always has been, an unproductive hopeless leech, stuck on welfare with no education of note, whose sole occupation is finding sjw stories to be "offended" about, then proceed to post them here, as if anyone really cares.

And judging by your post history, my guess probably isn't far off.
    Lol! You're way off. Exactly my point. Just doing one degree in engineering at a no name university doesn't give you much general knowledge of the world at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace
    Just doing one degree in engineering at a no name university doesn't give you much general knowledge of the world at all.
    Um, you might want to do a bit of investigation before calling Aarhus a no-name university. He also called your bluff and you blinked. Lol isn't an answer, it is an evasion.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Claiming this place made you smarter is the most brutal of all self-owns.
    dear god yes

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Lol! You're way off. Exactly my point. Just doing one degree in engineering at a no name university doesn't give you much general knowledge of the world at all.
    As the guy below me said, "Lol!" is no answer.

Im going to assume that my guess was spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Claiming this place made you smarter is the most brutal of all self-owns.
    Uhm, didn't you just own your self to? You have contributed a lot to MMO-champion after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Uhm, didn't you just own your self to? You have contributed a lot to MMO-champion after all.
    Masochism doesn't require a belief you'll come out of the experience for the better.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    People with 30k+ posts. It adds up? Uhm, I've made this acc like 14-15 months ago and I post pretty frequently, and it's not even 400 which means about ONCE per day. I spend the rest of the time playing piano, making music, playing wow/other games, watching tv series etc. You guys post like 100 times a day :S Please be honest? : o
    Lots of these people are legit and post to other areas of MMO-C where you just don't see them. An absurd percentage of my overall posts in Firefall and Guild Wars 2 threads and I haven't played either of those games in several years.

I seriously can't imagine how this website could make someone smarter, and that's not a jab at you OP. This website has some of the most asinine, ignorant people that I've seen on the internet, and I've been to a lot of stupid corners of the internet.

I question most of the time whether people actually want conversations or if it's just a bunch of people with agendas trying to flamebait the other side. Including the moderators.