Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    You're not going to see any new architectures in 2017 from Intel being launched and available.
    We still should see Skylake-X, but now there's also rumor of intel changing it up to a 12 core, which would delay it.

Intel seems to have been in some sort of disarray for quite some time now. Bad acquisitions, 10 nm not working, changing roadmaps left and right, launching 2 different HEDT architectures at the same time? They've usually given us reliable information on when and what, but I just can't make any sense out of what they are doing.

Also the new roadmap is fun, showing 15% gain from 6th to 7th in Sysmark and then >15% to 8th. Though it's also saying Kabylake was H2 of 2016, when the official launch was on January 3rd 2017.

Ofc all of this might be false, but it's the information we've been given.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    This is a joke right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    This is a joke right ?
    From what I understand it's something MSI is doing, but usually as useful as the m.2 heatshield, which increased temperatures instead of decreasing them.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    From what I understand it's something MSI is doing, but usually as useful as the m.2 heatshield, which increased temperatures instead of decreasing them.
    Ok but kudos for the spinal tap joke.

We still should see Skylake-X, but now there's also rumor of intel changing it up to a 12 core, which would delay it.

Intel seems to have been in some sort of disarray for quite some time now. Bad acquisitions, 10 nm not working, changing roadmaps left and right, launching 2 different HEDT architectures at the same time? They've usually given us reliable information on when and what, but I just can't make any sense out of what they are doing.

Also the new roadmap is fun, showing 15% gain from 6th to 7th in Sysmark and then >15% to 8th. Though it's also saying Kabylake was H2 of 2016, when the official launch was on January 3rd 2017.

8th gen currently looks to be another freqs bump on the same architecture, with a better APU, maybe on a new socket.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    NDA, Non Disclosure is on the 28th, reviews will land. Hardware released on the 2nd.
    Where does this misinformation come from? Review embargo lifts on March 2nd 10 AM EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    While the i7 could be better atm for gaming, in 4 years maybe the 1700 will be. Its going to be a hard choice either way. Hoping the Ryzen chips clock to the 4.5ish range.
    I recall seeing a leak benchmark for AotS that had the 6c12t cpu and dual RX 580. it scored an 8100 on crazy 4k which is the same score someone got with 6850k clocked at 3.6GHz and dual pascal TitanX.

Keep in mind it seems that AMD GPUs do better with DX12 and AotS uses DX12. Take it for what you will.

Me, I plan on getting the R7 1700 and maybe a 1060 GTX for temporary purposes till the RX 580 comes out.

Source:
    http://wccftech.com/amd-rx-580-cross...ts-benchmarks/

http://www.ashesofthesingularity.com...f-f0b6f25033a4
    Last edited by morphosys; 2017-02-27 at 10:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Technically not a new architecture as it's just the Socket LGA2066 version of the consumer variant.
    But if clarification is required: We will not see any new LGA115X architectures this year.

Right now the only changes they've made ever since Ryzen is going out with proper samples is changing roadmap dates and overhyping performance gains from 1 generation to the next.. 15% from Skylake to Kaby Lake? Yeah my ass.
    But maybe it does in SYSMark .. you know .. the benchmark which Intel paid to have silently cheated on back during the Athlon64 era to fully optimize for their CPUs and actually lower the performance of the Athlon64.

See the quote above this one.
    Intel, right now, is doing damage control to the max. as their shareholders are out for blood for not seeing this coming.
    As this will slash very heavily into their profits that they get from literally sitting on their ass doing nothing.. they want to keep that and they're not going to for 2017 at least.

So ... not sure if this is "true" but there's also the dirty tricks from Intel to consider.
    Though I don't know how they'd get away with it in this day and age.
    Intel Allegedly Playing Dirty To Undercut AMD’s Ryzen

The 7700K is proven. The Ryzen is not, and is not out.

Frankly, an i5 will do pretty much the same on games as the i7 or any Ryzen chips. Hell, a $69 Kaby Lake Pentium comes close.

Spend what you want. You'll get a bit more future proofing, but in this industry, you never know quite what's around the corner.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That was my original plan, but its going to be 2 months at least before we see the 1600x. And im definitely not going with another i5, its served me well for 6 years but i feel going forward 4c 8t is going to be the bare minimum for newer titles.
    If your also planning to buy a new GPU. You should wait anyway.

Ofcourse theirs the option of using your old GPU untill than but often GPU is a much bigger performance upgrade than cpu for games.

Atm i have a intel 4770k and Geforce GTX 770 4gb and ssd.
    I'm planning on getting a new GPU and ultrawide montor when the new amd ones are out. Hopefully my cpu should still be fine for 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Right now the only changes they've made ever since Ryzen is going out with proper samples is changing roadmap dates and overhyping performance gains from 1 generation to the next.. 15% from Skylake to Kaby Lake? Yeah my ass.
    But maybe it does in SYSMark .. you know .. the benchmark which Intel paid to have silently cheated on back during the Athlon64 era to fully optimize for their CPUs and actually lower the performance of the Athlon64.
    I know that for desktops there was no increase in IPC but did the mobile chips not have this 15% increase?

Beeing on skylake I don't realy have a reason to upgrade atm if it wasen't for my pc's erratic behavior which I can't seem to fix nomatter what I try. I will probably hold out till the skylake-x or coffee lake chips b4 I change anything though.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know that for desktops there was no increase in IPC but did the mobile chips not have this 15% increase?

Beeing on skylake I don't realy have a reason to upgrade atm if it wasen't for my pc's erratic behavior which I can't seem to fix nomatter what I try. I will probably hold out till the skylake-x or coffee lake chips b4 I change anything though.
    Any gain in mobile is based upon the same architecture therefore the answer is no.
    Frequency increase yes but not by 15%.

As far as your PC's erratic behaviour.. if you want me to take a look at that shoot over the issues to me in a PM, you can always pick my brain.

For mobile there is a big APU improvement in both power consumption and performance. The power consumption of the chip itself is also lower. Other than that it's the same 300 MHz clock speed increase across the board.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Deleted
    I think that the strongest suit for the Ryzen 7 CPUs are its multithreading performance. Most people stream and play at the same time and I guess that it would be beneficial to have a lot of cores as opposed to an impressive single-core performance. But, it is still too early to tell since the CPU is not released yet. Benchmarks tell only half of the story, so we will have to wait until some people get their hands on the said chips.

Currently running 4790k so nothing interests me here, but I'd like to see what Intel comes back with after this in their 8700k.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonerd View Post
    I think that the strongest suit for the Ryzen 7 CPUs are its multithreading performance. Most people stream and play at the same time and I guess that it would be beneficial to have a lot of cores as opposed to an impressive single-core performance. But, it is still too early to tell since the CPU is not released yet. Benchmarks tell only half of the story, so we will have to wait until some people get their hands on the said chips.
    1. That's bullshit.
    2. They suggested 6700K/7700K was choppy at playing and streaming in their Ryzen live events. That shit was rigged as hell.
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-02-27 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    They suggested 6700K/7700K was choppy at playing and streaming in their Ryzen live events. That shit was rigged as hell.
    Not really.. They are arguing that, due to the way streaming works on popular platforms, using iGPU or GPU acceleration isn't optimal, which is true, hence the demo.

Now, was it a good demo.. Nope, not really. They didn't relay their message well enough to the people watching at home, just told the people there, who failed to stress it in their reviews/previews.

Quote Originally Posted by mmonerd View Post
    Most people stream and play at the same time? That's why you only see a handful of people streaming games that you know 1000's are playing right? No, most people do not stream and play at the same time, most people just play and do not even consider streaming themselves at all.

Quote Originally Posted by taelon View Post
    If your also planning to buy a new GPU. You should wait anyway.

Ofcourse theirs the option of using your old GPU untill than but often GPU is a much bigger performance upgrade than cpu for games.

Atm i have a intel 4770k and Geforce GTX 770 4gb and ssd.
    I'm planning on getting a new GPU and ultrawide montor when the new amd ones are out. Hopefully my cpu should still be fine for 2-3 years.
    Isnt the only release coming the rx 580 or whatever? Im looking more in the 200 dollar range, a gtx 1060 is double the performance of my 760 already, dont really wanna spend 4-500 on a GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Isnt the only release coming the rx 580 or whatever? Im looking more in the 200 dollar range, a gtx 1060 is double the performance of my 760 already, dont really wanna spend 4-500 on a GPU.
    We should be seeing 1060ti and 1080ti from Nvidia.

And at least 580 & 590 from AMD, though it's likely we will also see replacement for the Furies.