Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    I played broshep on my first ME playthrough cause for me it was the right choice in this context, but this time around in this scenario of being an explorer I think ill go with female Ryder. Plus I think she's beautiful, guess on man trash is another man treasure, but for me she looks great.
    Damn, if you think this ugly thing is beautiful you really must not have seen a beautiful girl in your life. I can't think of a (Main)-Character in a Game that was that ugly. Normally Devs make Females in Games pretty hot, at least not as ugly as this. Its like if they made this thing as ugly as they could on purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Female Ryder is OK looking, not great but not horrible either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    wow. Hyperbole much?

this is not nightmare-haunting material:

But it is nightmare-haunting material. "Male duckface" is what that image of CGI Ryder looks like.

The ingame Ryder and other females are even worse. I went to a co-ed high school and then to university, and just let me say that (besides fatties and girls in special ed/Down's Syndrome) none of my classmates looked as remotely ugly as fem Ryder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirilla View Post
    Damn, if you think this ugly thing is beautiful you really must not have seen a beautiful girl in your life. I can't think of a (Main)-Character in a Game that was that ugly. Normally Devs make Females in Games pretty hot, at least not as ugly as this. Its like if they made this thing as ugly as they could on purpose.
    I dont think she's ugly, and yes I've seen beautiful women in my life. To each their own, its opinion. And obviously you have a strong one seeing you repeat how ugly she is every single page of this thread.

I disliked what they did with Ashley in ME3, appearance-wise. She looked so out of place. I think Female Ryder looks fine, like I would expect a female soldier/explorer to look.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted

Exactly. I never noticed that when I watched the movie. If I have to isolate a specific scene, slow it down, and then repeat it a billion times to notice a goof like that, then is it REALLY that big of a deal? The scene in question takes place in the split of a second, so details like a mannequin and hair blowing the wrong way are nigh impossible to notice. The Human eye is not that fast. Goofs like that, are there for people with way too much time on their hands to nitpick at when they want to throw shallow complaints.
    Oh come on, I have to admit, I never noticed the hair blowing in the wrong direction, but you/people could instantly notice that something is wrong with spiderman in that scene.
    Lets just not pretend Bioware animations aren't made by some goofy guy using Garry's mod. It's as if you can tell that someone is dragging the ragdoll to imitate their movement more often than not. I'm pretty sure I've seen better, well, I know I've seen better
    Witcher 2, even though it wasn't free from awkward moments, was several times better. And the amount of choices and the impact on the scene was higher/bigger too.
    I don't know how they managed to be so bad with it in ME3 and more importantly, DA:I... fuck DA:I cutscene animations, fuck them, such a low effort, they didn't even try in some cases and you could really feel that most of the time. Even the sound was lacking. I'm still disappointed over that game.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Of course they do it that way, it's the only practical solution when each cut-scene can go sideways because of player choices. Would you rather have The Choice and deal with the awkwardness of cut-scene animations or fully mocaped perfect cut-scenes with no choice at all?

Hence all this bitching about cringy cut-scene animations is cringy itself.
    If I had a choice, I'd actually choose the perfect cut scenes (One reason why I loved Metal Gear so much.), but I get the fact that people prefer having the illusion of choice that doesn't matter in the end anyway.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-02 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    If I had a choice, I'd actually choose the perfect cut scenes, but I get the fact that people prefer having the illusion of choice that doesn't matter in the end anyway.
    One reason why I loved Metal Gear so much.
    Metal Gear you say?

I can find you A SHITLOAD of these across the entire saga if you like.

And for the record, I fucking love the metal gear saga. Just because it has graphical goofs like that, didn't really detract my fun in any of the games I played on the entire franchise.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Yeah, as if that even has anything to do with what I just said.

Just compare this bullcrap
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6RHg-BCk0g

with
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elMikUGFfqw
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-02 at 05:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    I disliked what they did with Ashley in ME3, appearance-wise. She looked so out of place. I think Female Ryder looks fine, like I would expect a female soldier/explorer to look.
    She looked better in ME3 IMO but I never ended up romancing her. But that's me.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Yeah, as if that even has anything to do with what I just said.
    You said you prefer "the perfect cutscene" rather than goofy ones just to offer the illusion of choice. And then immediately say "that's why I love Metal Gear so much" the unsaid implication that because metal gear offers no choice and is a fully linear game, their cutscenes are therefore your fabled "perfect cutscene".

I was dispelling that illusion, showing that even on the most rigidly linear games, you can still find issues if you take the time to search for any.

On the very game you linked the intro, snake's arm will always clip through the arm of whoever you're carrying if you sprint.

I mean, pre-rendered cutscenes that you only watch once having errors is one thing. But clipping errors on an integral gameplay mechanic? tsk tsk tsk.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-02 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You said you prefer "the perfect cutscene" rather than goofy ones just to offer the illusion of choice. And then immediately say "that's why I love Metal Gear so much" the unsaid implication that because metal gear offers no choice and is a fully linear game, their cutscenes are therefore your fabled "perfect cutscene".

I was dispelling that illusion, showing that even on the most rigidly linear games, you can still find issues if you take the time to search for any.

On the very game you linked the intro, snake's arm will always clip through the arm of whoever you're carrying if you sprint.

I mean, pre-rendered cutscenes that you only watch once having errors is one thing. But clipping errors on an integral gameplay mechanic? tsk tsk tsk.
    I don't think cherry picked scenes help the argument really.

Warrior-Magi

Deleted

okay, whatever you say, not going to argue with a madman.
    Fanboying much, aren't we?

Let's just ignore all the bad things and act like they don't exist, because some other game had a glitch/bug once too.

Next thing, you are telling me that the weapons slightly hover on a characters back and aren't truely attached to a device that is supposed to hold them.
    Obviously just as bad as the god awful character animation in ME3/DA:I (not).
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-02 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Of course they do it that way, it's the only practical solution when each cut-scene can go sideways because of player choices. Would you rather have The Choice and deal with the awkwardness of cut-scene animations or fully mocaped perfect cut-scenes with no choice at all?

Hence all this bitching about cringy cut-scene animations is cringy itself.
    I agree with you actualy. bioware cutscenes feel stilted to me after playing something that was fully mo-capped, but personaly it takes me maybe half an hour in game before I don't even notice anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Doubtful. She isn't just plain ugly, thats a face that will haunt someones nightmares.
    there is just no accounting for taste is there? or lack of it.

I happen to think Sara looks fantastic. to the point of being seriously tempted to play a default, even though I NEVER play a default, when customization is possible. I think someone has a skewed perception of ugly. that would be you.

- - - Updated - - -

okay, whatever you say, not going to argue with a madman.
    Fanboying much, aren't we?

Let's just ignore all the bad things and act like they don't exist, because some other game had a glitch/bug once too.
    we are perfectly aware that they exist. we just accept limitations of the media instead of being hyperfocused on flaws that don't really matter to us. me, flaws in story and dialogue bother me a LOT more than stilted animations. but then again, I grew up playing 8 bit stuff.

I am at no point ignoring they exist, I am countering your argument that "Choice-based games have them, while games without illusion of choice do not". As I proved, that's false. There's A LOT of graphical goofs in every single metal gear game. I am not bitching about those glitches, because they don't detract from the fun of the agme for me. Witchblade made the perfect answer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    we are perfectly aware that they exist. we just accept limitations of the media instead of being hyperfocused on flaws that don't really matter. me, flaws in story and dialogue bother me a LOT more than stilted animations. but then again, I grew up playing 8 bit stuff.
    Well said sir. Well said.

Deleted
    I am at no point ignoring they exist, I am countering your argument that "Choice-based games have them, while games without illusion of choice do not". As I proved, that's false. There's A LOT of graphical goofs in every single metal gear game. I am not bitching about those glitches, because they don't detract from the fun of the agme for me. Witchblade made the perfect answer as well.
    An argument I never made. I just listed Metal Gear because it has amazing cutscenes. We were discussing a hypothetical situation there. "if you could have perfect cutscenes, but no "choices", would you rather have that?" (as if it could be anything other than that?)

And if the price to get these cutscenes means I have to abandon the "choices" (lol) I can make during a ME/DA:I cutscene, I'd gladly pay it.
    Though that is obviously not the price in reality, since Bioware is just bad at this. As we can tell by playing The Witcher 2/3.

Which means, it's not about accepting limitations of the media, it's about accepting limitations of the animator. Which comes down to having lower standards/lack of appreciation of good quality or having no/less attachment about that matter in the first place.

There is no reason to downplay their lack of skill in that regard, because if you do, you'll just end up looking like a fanboy. Not paying as much interest in that is one thing....but.. come on, it's pretty obvious that we are talking about different leagues of quality here.

I wish I could show you that scene where some Asari chick gets an electric shock from a malfunctioning console, as one of my friend would've put it, "This is literally how I'd do my first SFM" *drags the doll up and down to imitate electric flow in the body*
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-03-02 at 06:10 PM.

while animations in bioware games do tend to be stilted, please do not bring up witcher as if its some paragon of amazing animations. I've noticed just as many stilted motions and facial expressions in that game as I do in bioware games. and from the first minutes of the games to. heck, playing Horizon zero Dawn right now, which is hailed as the best looking game on ps4 by just about anyone, and dear lord, facial animations are just.. yikes, sometimes. not to mention some of the movements in cutscenes.

if anyone is sounding like a fanboy here, you know with the whole keeping your favorite game to much more relaxed standards, ignoring all the same issues in it, while nitpicking bioware games like crazy? yeah... now this is subjective, still but Witcher is tons above many bioware games when it comes to choices and consequences of said choices. but animations? don't make me laugh.

And if the price to get these cutscenes means I have to abandon the "choices" (lol) I can make during a ME/DA:I cutscene, I'd gladly pay it.
    And yet, you paid that price in metal gear, and despite that, Metal Gear still has A TON of buggy goofs in animation just like Mass Effect does. This alleged improvement of quality that comes with the removal of choice, doesn't exist.

And yet, you paid that price in metal gear, and despite that, Metal Gear still has A TON of buggy goofs in animation just like Mass Effect does. This alleged improvement of quality that comes with the removal of choice, doesn't exist.
    Animation bugs/glitches and animations that are just dogshit are two different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Animation bugs/glitches and animations that are just dogshit are two different things.
    "dogshit". Again, hyperbole much?

Just so we're clear, this is what dogshit actually looks like.

Don't compare that, to this:

Or this from ME3:

Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-02 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    She looked better in ME3 IMO but I never ended up romancing her. But that's me.
    She looked like a model, not a soldier. Her outfit could've been excused as casual clothing, but not as fiel fit armor.