Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Is there an American president that everybody agrees was Good/Excellent?

So it's no secret that donald trump has had a polarizing effect on not only Americans but people all over the world. Those that defend him seem to use things Obama or clinton did to defend trumps actions, so obviously Obama and Clinton were not overwhelmingly liked either. This got me thinking though, is there any president in the last 100 years that that most people agreed was great?

No, I think all of them have been bad.

Deleted
    F.D. Roosevelt?

Quote Originally Posted by LaserChild9 View Post
    So it's no secret that donald trump has had a polarizing effect on not only Americans but people all over the world. Those that defend him seem to use things Obama or clinton did to defend trumps actions, so obviously Obama and Clinton were not overwhelmingly liked either. This got me thinking though, is there any president in the last 100 years that that most people agreed was great?
    No, there isn't anything in the world that everyone will agree is good or bad...

Including presidents.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly you would probably have to go as far back as Roosevelt.

Anybody can find reasons as to why they didn't like certain a certain president though. Time has a weird way of making them look a lot better than they were in some instances, and also has a way of making some of them look a lot worse. Like if you're applying what's expected of current presidents in regards to social standards and how we think today, to ones that were in office as early as 20-30 years ago, they might look like monsters.

I'd say JFK, Reagan, Eisenhower?

Eisenhower is probably the most recent President that generally receives positive reviews from the vast majority of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    F.D. Roosevelt?
    Definitely not. Very controversial policies.

george washington.

Washington and Lincoln were loved by everyone...except for those that didn't love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    F.D. Roosevelt?
    Eeh not so sure about that.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    george washington.
    clever answer.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    george washington.
    No. George W. Bush Jr. was a fantastic president though and no one can question that.

Washington, he made the presidency what it is, refusing to be crowned king, stepping down at the end of his term are two big things.

But if you look closer, Washington was a land speculator who bought huge tracts of land and sold it to immigrants. There was a lot of conflict of interest stuff, he declared war on the Indians, cleared the land, bought it for cheap and sold it to more immigrants.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho

Note OP's last 100 years qualifier.

OT: Probably Eisenhower.

Everybody? Doubtful.

Deleted
    George Washington?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Washington and Lincoln were loved by everyone...except for those that didn't love them.
    Only ones who didn't love Washington were British scum, so who gives a fuck?!