Shadowmoon orca played with shadow priest stuff before it was banned
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I could see orcs using the light eventually, the orcs worshiped at Oshu'gun and commune with K'ure (unknowingly) if they did before its possible for them to return to the path that walked before.....it would be the set up for one hell of a redemption story.

Deleted
    Judging from the Chronicle 2 spoilers, orcs definitely did some (proto-)priestly stuff before founded shamanism. They actively sought divinity, conversed with ancestral spirits long before the elements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Priests are the most poorly executed class in game when it comes to transition from lore to gameplay (everyone shoehorned into the Light or the Void), I really do not think we need orc priests as well.
    Did we need gnome or goblin priests? I didn't but the game did, to broaden the gameplay possibilites for individual players. Orcs are the only race without priest class yet they're one of the most spiritual and religious race in the lore. Troll priests channel light or shadow thru their voodoo and Loa worship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Yeah, makes sense that the orcs would just totally accept the very people that fucked over their entire society.
    Orcs have a fondness for personal power - so long as Warlocks serve the Horde's interest they're seen as useful tools though still ostracized from the mass of society as their place in Orgrimmar shows. Thrall, as Warchief, treated them with thinly veiled disdain but still acceded to their usefulness and permitted them to exist in smaller numbers.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Orcs aren't like Night Elves. They hate people that fucked them up, not their classes.
    Orcs hate warlocks... In fact most races hate warlocks. Not sure what are you talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Orcs hate warlocks... In fact most races hate warlocks. Not sure what are you talking about.
    That hatred was just disdain in general - fear, looking down, disgust, etc., that kind of hate. Now that I look at my post, it's true that I should have made it clearer, but my point was that the Orcs don't hate the class to the point of banning it or considering being a warlock a punishable crime. They hate people that fucked them up - Gul'dan, the Shadow Council, the Legion, etc. - instead of their classes (i.e: no "Gul'dan was a warlock, fuck warlock" or the like). Thus, it isn't strange for some Orcs to still want to be warlock to pursue power. That's why I brought up the NE who condemned the Highborn AND their classes, resulting in banning mage / arcane magic usage.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Having orc priests is a possibility but we definitely won't be getting such themed expansion.

7+ Year Old Account
    orc's and light doesn't match

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    I could see orcs using the light eventually, the orcs worshiped at Oshu'gun and commune with K'ure (unknowingly) if they did before its possible for them to return to the path that walked before.....it would be the set up for one hell of a redemption story.
    that's exactly why they can't wield the light, if they could they would have already.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    orc's and light doesn't match

- - - Updated - - -

that's exactly why they can't wield the light, if they could they would have already.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "Orc ancestors infused with light provided guidance to living orcs"
    straight from the chronicle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    straight from the chronicle.
    *falling on my knee *
    my theory is.... gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Yeah, makes sense that the orcs would just totally accept the very people that fucked over their entire society.
    Did the "relegation to a dark cave in Orgrimmar where they can't bother us" really speak of acceptance? How about Garrosh outright killing as many warlocks as he could get his big meaty claws on?

Orc's don't like warlocks. They barely tolerate them as they can be useful, and havn't turned on them yet. Thats the case for just about every race that has warlocks

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphofspace View Post
    Did the "relegation to a dark cave in Orgrimmar where they can't bother us" really speak of acceptance? How about Garrosh outright killing as many warlocks as he could get his big meaty claws on?

Orc's don't like warlocks. They barely tolerate them as they can be useful, and havn't turned on them yet. Thats the case for just about every race that has warlocks
    I always thought it interesting that Garrosh had no compunctions about filling the Kor'kron with Shadowmages, although given his closeness to Y'Shaarj I guess that's understandable. Even more interesting, on the Echo Isles he also employed a Kor'kron Soulbreaker to enact martial law over the Darkspear Trolls - the Soulbreaker was a warlock and seems to be quite loyal to Garrosh (although it's unknown if that loyalty cuts both ways).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I always thought it interesting that Garrosh had no compunctions about filling the Kor'kron with Shadowmages, although given his closeness to Y'Shaarj I guess that's understandable. Even more interesting, on the Echo Isles he also employed a Kor'kron Soulbreaker to enact martial law over the Darkspear Trolls - the Soulbreaker was a warlock and seems to be quite loyal to Garrosh (although it's unknown if that loyalty cuts both ways).
    Those "warlocks" were most likely hand picked and through-and-through indoctrinated Kor'kron magic users.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOLDOOG View Post
    Those "warlocks" were most likely hand picked and through-and-through indoctrinated Kor'kron magic users.
    Possibly, but they were most certainly Warlocks as they use the signature abilities of the Warlock class (and wear their signature armor). Throw in Dark Shaman and Shadowmages and the Kor'kron run a pretty motley crew of traditionally evil-aligned casters.

I'm sure you heard the expression "fight fire with fire" right? Orc warlocks are probably the most obvious class/race combo considering all the lore, but just because they use a type of magic doesn't make them have 100% bad intentions and others can still tolerate them if they haven't been assholes and helped a cause for the greater good of a faction or something. *points to Illidan and demon hunters in general*, if that's your disgruntled case, you must hate that party too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I'm sure you heard the expression "fight fire with fire" right? Orc warlocks are probably the most obvious class/race combo considering all the lore, but just because they use a type of magic doesn't make them have 100% bad intentions and others can still tolerate them if they haven't been assholes and helped a cause for the greater good of a faction or something. *points to Illidan and demon hunters in general*, if that's your disgruntled case, you must hate that party too.
    Well, when we arrive in Orgrimmar, we see the Warlocks freshly lynched. One is even still fighting. So he didn't have them murdered until the siege was in full swing. Until then, there were probably still plenty of warlocks that believed in Garrosh, or at least were doing their best to prove themselves a useful element to his Horde. It only fell apart right before we murdered Garrosh. Hell, maybe the Warlocks were killed because they knew a thing about dark power and some urged against his use of it. We'll never know.

But it's not surprising to see the Horde's forces still using Warlocks, until Garrosh has them slain. And yeah, Garrosh is a super hypocrite in his convictions. Due to his father's fate, he acknowledges fel is wrong. But he gladly uses powers just as dark and dangerous. Fel, he doesn't even kill Gul'dan, gladly using him to sacrifice hundreds of souls to invade Azeroth for his revenge. Dark Shamanism. Shadow. Old God corruption. Sha. He'll gladly turn anything into his secret weapon if he can.
    Last edited by Caerule; 2017-03-10 at 12:18 AM.

Deleted
    Orcs could, potentially, be priests who focus mainly on shadow magic. Nerzhul was more of a shadow priest class after all. Additionally, all Priest races known for their shadow magic potential (that is all races except for the holy Draenei, the sun worshipping Tauren, etc.) can also be Warlocks, who master -among other schools- shadow magic, as well.
    There is a connection between the Shadow Priests, who wield shadow magic, and the Warlocks, who also happen to wield shadow magic.

Orcs are perfectly capable of manipulating the shadows, they could be shadow priests just fine, as they can already be Warlocks.

The reason why we don't have playble Orc Priests by now, judging from how the story has progressed, is not because they are not spiritual enough, or clever, or able to withstand the cost of dark magicks; but because we, the players, are playing the bloodthirsty Orcs, those warriors and very few crazed magic users and the leaders of the various tribes that came through the dark portal.
    There are spiritual Orcs, and there are shadow wielding Orcs, it's just that they are so few who came to Azeroth in contrast to the warriors.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Ner'zhul has always been a shaman, towards the end of his life, atleast in WoD he was dark shaman supreme.

The reason why we don't have playble Orc Priests by now, judging from how the story has progressed, is not because they are not spiritual enough, or clever, or able to withstand the cost of dark magicks; but because we, the players, are playing the bloodthirsty Orcs, those warriors and very few crazed magic users and the leaders of the various tribes that came through the dark portal.
    There are spiritual Orcs, and there are shadow wielding Orcs, it's just that they are so few who came to Azeroth in contrast to the warriors.
    anyone who thinks orcs are stupid quickly are outsmarted by them or killed by them. They understand magic just fine, they just are more keen to stick with magic they are familiar with over new thinks if anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Well, when we arrive in Orgrimmar, we see the Warlocks freshly lynched. One is even still fighting. So he didn't have them murdered until the siege was in full swing. Until then, there were probably still plenty of warlocks that believed in Garrosh, or at least were doing their best to prove themselves a useful element to his Horde. It only fell apart right before we murdered Garrosh. Hell, maybe the Warlocks were killed because they knew a thing about dark power and some urged against his use of it. We'll never know.

But it's not surprising to see the Horde's forces still using Warlocks, until Garrosh has them slain. And yeah, Garrosh is a super hypocrite in his convictions. Due to his father's fate, he acknowledges fel is wrong. But he gladly uses powers just as dark and dangerous. Fel, he doesn't even kill Gul'dan, gladly using him to sacrifice hundreds of souls to invade Azeroth for his revenge. Dark Shamanism. Shadow. Old God corruption. Sha. He'll gladly turn anything into his secret weapon if he can.
    I see where you're coming from with the Garrosh mess but I bet Blizzard would state yes, those warlocks under Garrosh's control or in Orgrimmar on top of well, he spared Gul'dan we could have been the useful ones who escaped his clutches as you have those warlocks down before Garrosh's room if you recall so, saying 'all' also is undone by the few there and noted very few! I haven't openly checked all of the orcs on the way to the end of the raid so could be more warlocks not sacrfifced there. To be fair our attachment to the Horde isn't that transparent really, it wasn't really questionable before since Thrall made a strong identity but Garrosh really caused those splinters and potential loopholes that could be used to basically exploit the presence of Orc Warlocks left over.

We had Vol'jin leading and now Sylvanas, I don't really recall the class halls I've played to really mention your past exploits, just more there was the past and not directly you involved as an individual you know what I mean? Leaves it to be quite ambiguous so that the warlocks could have continued and grew in numbers after that were tolerated whether they were with Garrosh, under his control, abandoned Horde notion as others did with Garrosh being leader or later when others were leading they arose without the backlash again.