Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    And besides, the human eye can only see 30 fps.
    Well Meme'd

Bioware has said, if memory serves, that you keep your savegames from the Early Access period. I don't know if this means you have to re-download the game or not, however.

Also, ''the human eye can only see 30 FPS'' is so factually wrong you might as well have stated the sky is not blue. If you're fine with 30 FPS, that's cool, I mostly am too. But let's not pretend there isn't a difference.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-03-09 at 10:47 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Nope, that's a silly myth.
    It is a myth, but the difference between 24 and 30 is much more discernible to the eye than 30 to 60 is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    you might as well have stated the sky is not blue.
    The sky doesn't have a colour, silly. You are just seeing light at different wavelengths.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    It is a myth, but the difference between 24 and 30 is much more discernible to the eye than 30 to 60 is.
    Sure because 24 is a slideshow. The difference between 30 and 60 is still significant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Sure because 24 is a slideshow. The difference between 30 and 60 is still significant.

Neither of those are correct. The left is definitely not 30fps, and the right is definitely not 60fps.

Nevermind, the gif finally loaded, haha. The left was showing like 5fps while the right was maybe 10.

Alright folks, let's keep discussion on ME:A and off of the FPS debate. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Neither of those are correct. The left is definitely not 30fps, and the right is definitely not 60fps.
    Maybe you need to upgrade your computer so you can view the image in its glorious 60fps with the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's because i'm black, isn't it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well FPS is actually a major point for a lot of PC users. If it isn't optimized properly then that leaves a lot of people going to go where it is better/stable.

I would also believe we should be a spoiler free zone until March 28th. Gives the early birds a lot of time to get things done in addition to those who take their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    The body expressions still move very Bioware, what I mean by that is their arm movements still look like they are part muppet..... It doesn't bother me too much but come on Bioware this has been in your games since the first Mass Effect. Cannot you not challenge your animation team by doing more than reusing the same skeleton
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    The body expressions still move very Bioware, what I mean by that is their arm movements still look like they are part muppet..... It doesn't bother me too much but come on Bioware this straight been in your games since the first Mass Effect.
    Why upgrade and invest in your animation tech when what you used nearly a decade ago still works?! : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, the conversation animations are the most unnerving to me. Yes, the cutscene animations aren't the greatest but man, conversations are just awkward. So stiff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why upgrade and invest in your animation tech when what you used nearly a decade ago still works?! : P
    IT don't bother me too much, its just a peeve :P

I just know when I start playing and I see that random arm movement I am going to say "Oh yes this is a Bioware game" lol

Seriously, what is wrong with the default pose for the dude. Who leaves their arms hanging like that normally, or while walking?

That's the kind of shit that drives me so completely nuts. How fucking hard is it to get a basic fucking default post right. Glad I've no interest in playing as a dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, what is wrong with the default pose for the dude. Who leaves their arms hanging like that normally, or while walking?

That's the kind of shit that drives me so completely nuts. How fucking hard is it to get a basic fucking default post right. Glad I've no interest in playing as a dude.
    As I was saying, 'muppets'

Last edited by Orby; 2017-03-10 at 12:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Really, the conversation animations are the most unnerving to me. Yes, the cutscene animations aren't the greatest but man, conversations are just awkward. So stiff!
    Hey I'd take the stiff standing and talking animations over the even weirder movements.

Every time I see cutscenes with female Ryder walking its just weird. She seems to have extremely wide hips and her walking gait is like slanted outwards. Like she is lumbering. Like how a stereotypical gunfighter might walk in a parody of a western, with their legs overtly separated and rocking back and forth as they walk.

But then all characters seem to have similar problems. Like look at male Ryder in the thumbnail of that video you linked. That is his resting pose... He always looks like that, with his arms hanging wide... Who does that? No one does that. Its very unnatural.

EDIT:
    Look at her legs.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-03-10 at 12:55 AM.

Yeah, it's like they're using the same animations for nearly a decade now. The extremely awkward bow legged walk for female characters has pissed me off since it first appeared in ME1 (maybe even DA:O? I've scrubbed as much of that game from my memory as possible) , and sadly it doesn't look like it's going anywhere.

WHY CAN'T THEY BLOODY MOTION CAPTURE SOME REALISTIC MOVEMENT WITH MODERN TECHNIQUES FOR FUCKS SAKE

Do they not have like, actual human beings that work on the game to point out how unnatural their animations look?

Yes, I know I sound like a broken record but this continues to truly astound me how the animations can be this bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    One thing to note they have said that story gates exist in that 10 hour preview so you cannot just skip all cutsceens to spoil the ending before its released. You will get to a certain point and then not be able to progress the story at that point you can do side quests or multiplayer basically.
    As I understood, they said that the story will be gated at some point into it, i.e. a certain conversation required to proceed will be unavailable until the full launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I have said it before and I will say it again. I don't get the whole 60 fps is better then 30 fps. like... at best i can't see the difference. at worst 60fps gives me a headache :/ no resolution differences and color adjustments? those I can tell the difference easily for. framerate? nope. I anything above 24 is a-ok. but here's to hoping that its not badly optimized and 60fps is possible for those that want it. I'm wondering how painful they made it to mod this time. and how long before modders get around it anyways :P
    No way you can't see the difference! Human eye is able to see the difference, at least, up until ~300 FPS (there were real tests demonstrating that). Watch one of the latest videos from Linus about a 240 Hz monitor; when they played some shooter in 240 Hz for a while and then switched to 144 Hz, even so they saw the difference clearly.

My TV interpolates frames in a way that 60 Hz is seen as roughly 90-100 Hz; I clearly see the difference when I choose to watch a 60 FPS video on my laptop compared to the TV, the video seems laggy and choppy.

From my experience, the framerate is like this: you don't care about it until you get to directly compare higher framerates to lower ones, and after that you can't go back to the lower ones.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Hey I'd take the stiff standing and talking animations over the even weirder movements.

Every time I see cutscenes with female Ryder walking its just weird. She seems to have extremely wide hips and her walking gait is like slanted outwards. Like she is lumbering. Like how a stereotypical gunfighter might walk in a parody of a western, with their legs overtly separated and rocking back and forth as they walk.

But then all characters seem to have similar problems. Like look at male Ryder in the thumbnail of that video you linked. That is his resting pose... He always looks like that, with his arms hanging wide... Who does that? No one does that. Its very unnatural.

EDIT:
    Look at her legs.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Mw6racb.gif[IMG]
    https://youtu.be/kShlU4gJcms?t=13

People in heavy armor have to take wide steps, to avoid the center of mass from putting them off balance.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-10 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    https://youtu.be/kShlU4gJcms?t=13

People in heavy armor have to take wide steps, to avoid the center of mass from putting them off balance.
    Except this isn't the middle ages and they aren't wearing steel armor/wielding melee weapons...

And even then, there are plenty of folks in that video alone (and I've seen plenty more) than can move just fine in their armor.

That's kinda a silly comparison, IMO. It would make much more sense if we were talking about a game that was withing a hundred years or so of steel armor being the height of personal combat defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except this isn't the middle ages and they aren't wearing steel armor/wielding melee weapons...

And even then, there are plenty of folks in that video alone (and I've seen plenty more) than can move just fine in their armor.

That's kinda a silly comparison, IMO. It would make much more sense if we were talking about a game that was withing a hundred years or so of steel armor being the height of personal combat defense.
    I don't know how much heavy armor in the Mass Effect universe weights and what materials it's made of, but just from looking at it it is clear that it is not a joke. To me, the movement looks pretty realistic, at least, by video game standards. Especially the Krogan's body bouncing at every step.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.