Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I can because I can see past the fact that it's zelda and that it has a ton of flaws. Have you ever noticed in all the things I list about this game, the subjective stuff like graphics and aesthetics aren't one of them.

Yes it does because the game isn't flawless which is what 10/10 means. Even you who says the horse controls aren't very good which I would say they're awful with how little you're able to control them. They were better in oot for fucks sake.
    Let's not pretend that you have some magical insight to the game that we don't have.

It's not like the rest of us are just staring at the title screen reading "Zelda" over and over again.

And yeah, the horse controls are a bit sucky, but so what? Using the horse is nearly pointless anyway, and actually hinders more than it helps in my opinion.

As for FPS drops: On the WiiU version of the game I've only really experienced them when a lot of things are exploding at once.

Also note: WiiU version runs at a lower resolution but it's also a weaker system...
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Well, I'm done with Zelda now :/ I have no interest whatsoever in 100% completing it (and there is NO HARD MODE OUTSIDE OF THE DLC like people kept claiming earlier in this thread), so now I'm stuck waiting for Disgaea 5 (which is already out in Japan and came out two years ago for PS4), WarGroove (which is an indie game with no release date), and Xenoblade 2 (which also has no release date). I kinda wish I had friends so I could rent my Switch out while waiting.
    Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.

I just don't understand how can people like a game this much when the game does what it can to stop you from enjoying it
    - It won't let you explore because of the weather - the point of the game
    You can explore perfectly fine with the weather, not quite sure what you're talking about. Hint- There's a climbing set that stops you from slipping on slopes.

Also on the flip side, people enjoy details like this. It makes the world more realistic and immersive.

- Exploring lets you find those arena things for the skull chests and each enemy drops weapons, but oops! You can't carry anymore. So you open the chest only to get a weapon you also can't carry
    Is this actually a complaint? You are meant to throw away your worse weapon if you have to/want to.

- After realizing it's not in your best interest to fight everything because there is no point, you can be left in a situation where you don't have weapons anymore because of how fast they break
    I've never had this issue, and you just contradicted your last point of saying that you don't ever have room to hold more weapons.

- You finally get a horse that you can't use because the horse refuses to go anywhere and you can't call it anywhere like you can in oot. Also has terrible controls
    Genuine question here, have you fully tamed a horse even? I know I complained about it myself, but you're suppose to have a harder time with newer horses. The more you use the horse, the more accurately it will listen.

- Almost all solutions is to get anywhere is climbing or gliding which gets boring
    If you're purposely gliding and climbing to avoid other routes, that's really on you for causing that yourself.

- Stamina meter is terrible and runs out too fast which just prevents you from exploring
    Then you upgrade it? I'm yet again, kinda confused by what you consider "prevented from exploring". Nothing about Stamina prevents you from exploring. It may, at rare times, cause you to have to come back to an area to climb a mountain after upgrading your stamina, but I have yet to come across this as an issue, and I've been going around filling out the map while only reclaiming one Divine Beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Then you upgrade it? I'm yet again, kinda confused by what you consider "prevented from exploring". Nothing about Stamina prevents you from exploring. It may, at rare times, cause you to have to come back to an area to climb a mountain after upgrading your stamina, but I have yet to come across this as an issue, and I've been going around filling out the map while only reclaiming one Divine Beast.
    There is a way to explore every height in the game with default stamina, you might have to go out of your way to do it but yea. With minimal stam upgrades and wind skill there is literally no trouble climbing anything in the game from anywhere.

I wouldn't bother replying to that person though, it's perfectly fine to critique a game but this person is literally at the point of crying because people don't agree with their opinions. It's gotten downright comical.

15+ Year Old Account
    You can explore perfectly fine with the weather, not quite sure what you're talking about. Hint- There's a climbing set that stops you from slipping on slopes.

Also on the flip side, people enjoy details like this. It makes the world more realistic and immersive.

Is this actually a complaint? You are meant to throw away your worse weapon if you have to/want to.

I've never had this issue, and you just contradicted your last point of saying that you don't ever have room to hold more weapons.

Genuine question here, have you fully tamed a horse even? I know I complained about it myself, but you're suppose to have a harder time with newer horses. The more you use the horse, the more accurately it will listen.

If you're purposely gliding and climbing to avoid other routes, that's really on you for causing that yourself.

Cool. And there are sets that prevent being cold and hot, but you get them in the areas you actually need them.

It's a video game and anything that hinders a video game from being a video game is terrible.

There isn't much point and if you do, you have to go into the menu instead of them putting a drop button while you're holding down right.

Nether have I, but it can occur.

Yes, it was one of the first things I did and I barely used it at all because it was pointless to even have one.

It's silly not to use the faster option.

I upgraded it 5 times which also prevented me from getting the master sword because it's locked behind 13 hearts for whatever arbitrary reason. There are many places you can't go if you don't have it upgraded which once again hinders the game in which you're suppose to be able to do anything from the outset.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    There is a way to explore every height in the game with default stamina, you might have to go out of your way to do it but yea. With minimal stam upgrades and wind skill there is literally no trouble climbing anything in the game from anywhere.

I wouldn't bother replying to that person though, it's perfectly fine to critique a game but this person is literally at the point of crying because people don't agree with their opinions. It's gotten downright comical.
    I can't tell if you just don't know the definition of crying or you're such a fucking retard for not realizing I'm just discussing a video game.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-03-12 at 02:10 AM.

I upgraded it 5 times which also prevented me from getting the master sword because it's locked behind 13 hearts for whatever arbitrary reason. There are many places you can't go if you don't have it upgraded which once again hinders the game in which you're suppose to be able to do anything from the outset.
    I don't see the need to drop minor spoilerish details >.>

But yet again, I just told you, I filled out almost all of the map, have like 3 stam upgrades, and...no issues.

No kidding right....

Kinda why I'm avoiding the zelda thread ffs.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account

But yet again, I just told you, I filled out almost all of the map, have like 3 stam upgrades, and...no issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    No kidding right....

Kinda why I'm avoiding the zelda thread ffs.
    It's not part of the story, isn't required nor have I even told you how to get it so who cares. But now you know you're locked out of it for a long time if you decide to play the game how you want to because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I went full hearts to get the master sword before respecing into max stamina...
    OK. Stamnia is really vital and I know I wouldn't have been able to get to many places without a bunch of upgrades. But I keep saying the point of the game is to explore it from the get-go but they don't let you. Yes it lends itself to some form of progression unlike other openworld games, but hearts and better weapons worked just fine for that. It's a terrible thing in ss and it's just as terrible in botw.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-03-12 at 02:31 AM.

It's not part of the story, isn't required nor have I even told you how to get it so who cares. But now you know you're locked out of it for a long time if you decide to play the game how you want to because reasons.
    Its still a bit of the game and still spoiler. Want to post details about Zelda:BOTW do it in the dam Zelda thread.

Have some respect and at lease post spoiler tags.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

It doesn't have to be a part of the story.

If you tell someone how to do a temple, that would be spoiling the temple on them. Same logic here, it's minor, but still spoilerish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its still a bit of the game and still spoiler. Want to post details about Zelda:BOTW do it in the dam Zelda thread.

Have some respect and at lease post spoiler tags.
    It doesn't have to be a part of the story.

If you tell someone how to do a temple, that would be spoiling the temple on them. Same logic here, it's minor, but still spoilerish.
    Spoiler you fight calamity ganon. If you're not freaked out by that then there is no reason to freak out about a sword that's been in every zelda game.

It's not the same at all because I didn't tell you how or where to get it, just that you can.

Spoiler you fight calamity ganon. If you're not freaked out by that then there is no reason to freak out about a sword that's been in every zelda game.

It's not the same at all because I didn't tell you how or where to get it, just that you can.
    You...told us one of the requirements that you need.

That's part of how to get it.
    I'm not sure why you're so defensive about this.

You...told us one of the requirements that you need.

That's part of how to get it.
    I'm not sure why you're so defensive about this.
    Because people disagree with them and have been for a few pages now. So they rather act like a child.

- - - Updated - - -

The game just came out....

ANYTHING about it is spoiler, so how about keeping details in the Zelda thread and not post them here.

We get it, you are pissy because people disagreed with you. Get the fuck over it already.

10+ Year Old Account

Telling people how to solve puzzles in a game full of puzzles is a spoiler. There are other forums on the internet to discuss individual puzzles, but here is not one of them. Use [spoiler] if you really want to talk about it without ruining stuff for other people. This is coming from a guy who does not care about getting spoiled.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Telling people how to solve puzzles in a game full of puzzles is a spoiler. There are other forums on the internet to discuss individual puzzles, but here is not one of them. Use [spoiler] if you really want to talk about it without ruining stuff for other people. This is coming from a guy who does not care about getting spoiled.
    Getting 13 hearts isn't even part of the puzzle. Good god.

Zelda has never been about story so why care now? And yes its one of the requirements but not all of them nor where you even get it.

If i wanted people to agree with me I wouldn't post the problems of a game on a site notorious for fanboys. Heaven forbid somebody not like the best game ever made. It's not like i haven't played it and im just coming in here calling it shit with no actual thought.
    What you're actually doing is coming in and stating your opinions as unquestionable facts.

Like, to YOU Zelda hasn't ever been about story, so you're saying we shouldn't care? Personally I always have.

And copping out and claiming "fanboys" isn't proving your point. We have people listing actual issues (like the framerate) and you're claiming subjective things (Like, the armor set bonuses).

Also...you...do know you can throw your weapon right? I notice now you updated with "counterpoints". The only things you can't throw are bows and shields, but that's not difficult to get rid of them, nor have I ran into a situation where I had to.

Also barely using the horse means you didn't in fact, tame the horse. There's more to it than maxing out the meter, hence the experience point.

15+ Year Old Account
    What you're actually doing is coming in and stating your opinions as unquestionable facts.

Like, to YOU Zelda hasn't ever been about story, so you're saying we shouldn't care? Personally I always have.

And copping out and claiming "fanboys" isn't proving your point. We have people listing actual issues (like the framerate) and you're claiming subjective things (Like, the armor set bonuses).

Also...you...do know you can throw your weapon right? I notice now you updated with "counterpoints". The only things you can't throw are bows and shields, but that's not difficult to get rid of them, nor have I ran into a situation where I had to.

Also barely using the horse means you didn't in fact, tame the horse. There's more to it than maxing out the meter, hence the experience point.
    Yeah, tell me about all the super fun compelling stories in zelda such as bad guy does bad thing I must stop him. How thought provoking. Serious question: Which zelda is this? You play as link, ganon wakes up and you need to find the master sword to stop him and help zelda. If you can't guess, then all the stories are the same when ganon is in it.

There are plenty of issues in the game that only I seem to even be talking about. I understand people love the game because it's still new, but of course nobody would be so foolish as to criticize it amirite?

Do you not understand I beat the game so of course I know all these things? It doesn't make it good design. Of course I tamed a horse and I barely used it because shit controls and it would stop all the time.

Is their some problem with companies now? They say they are making things like NES Classic or Nintendo Switch or various PC stuff, but good luck finding one!

Why advertise your product if 90% of people can't find one? Put your money into production not marketing. Once you can *%#*#! produce, then you can start throwing money away on advertising.

Who knows? I heard the NDS 3DS is the same way... like they don't make it anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Psygon View Post
    Who knows? I heard the NDS 3DS is the same way... like they don't make it anymore?
    You have been able to buy "New" 3DS's all day long since release if that's what you are talking about. What was hard to find was limited edition versions like the "new" 3DS Majora's Mask.

- - - Updated - - -

Getting 13 hearts isn't even part of the puzzle. Good god.
    Ummm

I upgraded it 5 times which also prevented me from getting the master sword because it's locked behind 13 hearts for whatever arbitrary reason.
    You needing 13 hearts is part of the requirement to getting the sword, That makes it part of the puzzle.

That also makes it a spoiler.

If u want to post game details go to the Zelda thread or post it in [spoiler].