Page 43 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    That picture is old, from mmo current front page blue post

1. Part 1 completed
    2. Explore Broken Shore - Go to every POI
    3. Defender of the Broken Isles - Complete Demon Assault (incl. scenario) in each of the 4 zones that have them
    4. Reach Revered Rep with Legionfall faction.
    Wait a sec? That's it? ....

Welp. Time to pack my shit, Prepare my shit, CAUSE I'M GONNA FLAP MY WINGS AND FLY!

*Is on Live servers*

*Falls to the Great Sea*

*Almost Gets Snatched by N'zoth before a Demon zaps him into space*

*Becomes a legion Commander Months Later under Sargeras' Command*

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I don't need flying. I quit playing Legion months ago. Just checked the "final" flying requirements and it's just more crap.

I really thought that once they added it back, I would suck it up and come back to enjoy flying which makes the game (to me) MUCH better.

But, ya know... I'm not. I don't even know what the game is anymore, I'm also "behind" and the idea of "gimme catch-ups" makes me vomit a little in the back of my mouth. I blame Blizzard for their decision to take out flying which kept me playing, farming, etc... when I didn't care to "grind".

2 million gold and 10 game time tokens in inventory (and the 2 million spider bought)... and can't be bothered to re-sub. I may convert the tokens to buy Overwatch... but really.. not into Blizzard's games anymore. They have no substance.
    Yup.

Here's how I have been "playing Legion" for the last 8 weeks or so:

1. Any interesting esport events tonight, like IEM SC2 or my favorite team on EU LCS? If yes, watch that.
    2. Any interesting shows? Any of the shows that I missed and someone recommended? If yes, watch that.
    3. Do I even want to sit at the PC? If too tired of it, just go and, I don't know, cook something or walk the dog. (Not reading books yet, but that's mostly because I only have technical ones and keep forgetting to buy good fiction ones.)
    114. OK, since there really is nothing else to do, let's try to play WoW. (Log in to a low-level char who tries to do all zones and all quests that the game has in order, and to solo as many instances / raids at level as he can, soft-ironman style. Play for about an hour, then it becomes boring, log off, close WoW, gg.)

When flying arrives with 7.2, I am not sure the procedure will change.

Unlocking flying will take less time now that they removed the lengthy part - Breaching the Tomb.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    That picture is old, from mmo current front page blue post

1. Part 1 completed
    2. Explore Broken Shore - Go to every POI
    3. Defender of the Broken Isles - Complete Demon Assault (incl. scenario) in each of the 4 zones that have them
    4. Reach Revered Rep with Legionfall faction.
    And that is my point exactly. No one ever takes the time to see how easy shit is. They just bitch about having to do it in the first place. This should effectively lock this thread since flight in coming, and it is just around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewbagel View Post
    This is good. I like having to figure out how to get to a place on the map. Rather than just avoiding all obstacles and all players on the route.
    So if you would need to go to 40th story of some building, would u use elevator or would you go by foot?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    So if you would need to go to 40th story of some building, would u use elevator or would you go by foot?
    Depends, if the elevator is out of service (not yet available for use) and I still need to get to the 40th floor, I will be found in the stairwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    Depends, if the elevator is out of service (not yet available for use) and I still need to get to the 40th floor, I will be found in the stairwell.
    This is not the case of elevator being out of service, he said he likes to figure things out rather then fly over them, thats implies that there is flying in game so apply that same to elevator working

And that is my point exactly. No one ever takes the time to see how easy shit is. They just bitch about having to do it in the first place. This should effectively lock this thread since flight in coming, and it is just around the corner.
    The bitching is not about having to do it.

The bitching is about it taking 8-9 months to come.

Maybe try reading what people are posting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    The bitching is not about having to do it.

The bitching is about it taking 8-9 months to come.

Maybe try reading what people are posting.
    Easier said that done. After 4 years, bitching just looks like bitching. Fortunately, I can still spot constructive criticism, so I don't offend those who have legitimate gripes with actual solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

This is not the case of elevator being out of service, he said he likes to figure things out rather then fly over them, thats implies that there is flying in game so apply that same to elevator working
    Your analogy was horrible. Figuring things out and just flying over them are two completely separate concepts. It's the difference between the Pathfinder and the Complainer. Though, I expect the pro-flight crowd to bash the other side of the isle for enjoying the complexity of the landscaping. Not all of us are about instant gratification. Some of us, to this day, still have an unused boost on the account.

I assume there will be a catchup mechanic for the achievements later on when the devs realize barely anyone has flying and how stupid this was.

Your analogy was horrible. Figuring things out and just flying over them are two completely separate concepts. It's the difference between the Pathfinder and the Complainer. Though, I expect the pro-flight crowd to bash the other side of the isle for enjoying the complexity of the landscaping. Not all of us are about instant gratification. Some of us, to this day, still have an unused boost on the account.
    My analogy is perfect. You can explore the building, meet new and interesting people, find out what else is in the building. Same is with flying, for 6 months we have been doing WQ, going from one side to another to do a WQ that takes less time to finish than to get to it, exploring everything. What more do we need to do, i mean really. Run from A to B then to C many times each day for next 2-4 months? Why?
    I did all I had to do to unlock flying months ago....
    Some of us have 20 lvl100 characters + boost, so what?
    Last edited by markos82; 2017-03-12 at 06:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    My analogy is perfect. You can explore the building, meet new and interesting people, find out what else is in the building. Same is with flying, for 6 months we have been doing WQ, going from one side to another to do a WQ that takes less time to finish than to get to it, exploring everything. What more do we need to do, i mean really. Run from A to B then to C many times each day for next 2-4 months? Why?
    I did all I had to do to unlock flying months ago....
    Some of us have 20 lvl100 characters + boost, so what?
    If you only ride the elevator, how much of the building do you actually get to see, and how many people do you HONESTLY interact with? Trade Towers had 10s of thousands of people working in it. Riding the elevator all the time meant you probably met a hundred or so, if you even bother to interact with them.

If you only ride the elevator, how much of the building do you actually get to see, and how many people do you HONESTLY interact with? Trade Towers had 10s of thousands of people working in it. Riding the elevator all the time meant you probably met a hundred or so, if you even bother to interact with them.
    Thats why I asked a question?!? He wants to explore, see things, my question was will you use elevator or will you go by foot. Same with warcraft, I have seen everything I wanted to see for the past 6 months, now i just wanna get from A to B faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know why this is a discussion. They gives us almost a year of exploration and flightless continent to explore then add it in later after you jump through the appropriate holes. How is this not the best of both worlds? Walking weirdos are (Hopefully) sated after a year of footing it and people who would rather fly eventually get their prayers answered after a reasonable amount of time.

One can only "explore" an area so much before its memorized. Awe is not a permanent emotion and it fades almost immediately. We've all run these world quests enough to be able to draw a map from memory. Not seeing the issue with adding flying at this point.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thats why I asked a question?!? He wants to explore, see things, my question was will you use elevator or will you go by foot. Same with warcraft, I have seen everything I wanted to see for the past 6 months, now i just wanna get from A to B faster.
    I'm probably just old school, but on this (insert that which shall not be named), mounts are unavailable until 40, no flying until 70, and Azeroth has no flight. Needless to say, the world before Cataclysm was just fine. I think if more people got back to the basics of WoW, and spent less time sweating the small shit, there would be fewer threads and more subs. Sadly, the only thing to change in 11 years is the sheer number of entitled individuals playing this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post
    I don't even know why this is a discussion. They gives us almost a year of exploration and flightless continent to explore then add it in later after you jump through the appropriate holes. How is this not the best of both worlds? Walking weirdos are (Hopefully) sated after a year of footing it and people who would rather fly eventually get their prayers answered after a reasonable amount of time.
    It is too long if you want flight. You jump through all the hoops they put for you and you still have to wait for almost a year. Because what? Because the hoops are cloud and mirrors, they largely don't care about you jumping through them, what they really are after is keeping you slow for a long time so that you stay subbed for 1-2 more months than you would otherwise (and maybe that's enough to carry you from one step of the grinds to another which they add in a patch). It's not a big compromise. They wanted to make people slow for a long time, they got it, the only thing they relaxed is changed to "for a long time" from "forever".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luko View Post

One can only "explore" an area so much before its memorized. Awe is not a permanent emotion and it fades almost immediately. We've all run these world quests enough to be able to draw a map from memory. Not seeing the issue with adding flying at this point.
    Exactly this. The novelty of an area has faded long ago. I most of the time don't go to world quests when I know that it would be a PITA to get to the area - except when you get a real good reward - and only run WQs where I know that I will get there fast. If this is the intended mode to control players, then contratulations to Blizzard. If it's not intended, then they should better give us a method to get to all areas equally easy. Personal flight is the only option for that, this is the only method of transportation in the game where you have the same ratio of time spent on travel to distance between 2 points on the map.
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-03-13 at 09:58 AM.

In this analogy the elevator and lobby path would be exactly what I am talking about. What you seem to want is a world trade center like experience where you skip all the rest of the ground/climb and end up at the 40th floor.

Deleted
    I'm probably just old school, but on this (insert that which shall not be named), mounts are unavailable until 40, no flying until 70, and Azeroth has no flight. Needless to say, the world before Cataclysm was just fine. I think if more people got back to the basics of WoW, and spent less time sweating the small shit, there would be fewer threads and more subs. Sadly, the only thing to change in 11 years is the sheer number of entitled individuals playing this game.
    Well said Sir. Hear hear!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    Well said Sir. Hear hear!
    What can I say? I call them like I see them. No anger, or frustration. Just the spouting of facts