Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwell View Post
    I wouldn't even say it's good for guardian, there are many other better legendaries.
    The chest is one of the best guardian legendaries after the buff. Nowhere have i seen anything different, except you.

Quote Originally Posted by Erathus View Post
    The chest is one of the best guardian legendaries after the buff. Nowhere have i seen anything different, except you.
    It's best for damage reduction but doesn't help with DPS or threat. If you're on a fight where tank damage isn't a problem at all, it's not very good.

Also, I just Regrowth spammed myself with as many HOTs as I could possibly get, and the very highest crit I could get was 1.2m. With the boots charged all the way up and Moment of Clarity, that crit would have been maybe 2.5m, maybe up to 3m with using Velen's, mastery food and a flask. So, still not worth anything, considering I've had Swiftmend crits for as high as 2.8m. Not at all worth all the set up and otherwise-shitty talents.
    Last edited by SafariDiscoLion; 2017-03-13 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SafariDiscoLion View Post
    This isn't quite true, as you can get a lot of mileage out of it on Botanist. Plenty to dispel and you can use Vortex or roots on plants, just tell the other healers to let you do the dispelling. However it's still useless on basically every other fight.
    It's still terrible on Botanist. For one thing, Ursol's is not a "loss of control effect" and therefore does not proc it. I guess you could cast roots, but that still becomes a pretty dead/wasted GCD for something that will be broken instantly. Plus, P3 of Mythic Botanist is where the healing is really at the most critical/intensive/important, and you are only generally going to be doing 1 dispel that entire phase.

Not only that, but looking at a typical M Botanist kill - you are only going to have 4-5 healer dispels in total across an 8:30 fight. If you average 4.5 dispels, thats an expected 8.8% uptime on the 25% haste buff, which is only an average of +2.2% haste. That's still completely terrible; 2.2% haste is less than +2% throughput, and the top 4 legendaries each give you +5%-+10% added throughput. Even something like the Lifebloom belt or chest would add more healing than Sephuz on the 1 fight it has any value on. It's still a huge problem.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why they'd add throughput to it considering one of their plans is adding extra stats to utility items where throughput doesn't make sense. AKA exactly what they already did to Prydaz, which is now considered a very respectable legendary for most specs, so they're using that as a framework for others, like the Mage blink one.
    Except almost every DPS I've ever met wants to throw their computer out the window after getting Prydaz, because it still doesn't come close to competing with throughput legendaries. Isn't that type of feeling of being boned completely by getting the wrong legendary exactly what the point of these changes are? If so, they still need to make Prydaz more attractive to DPS specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztikrice View Post
    I'm sorry, did you call ED a garbage legendary?
    Pretty sure he did. It's definitely not as strong as it once was. I don't have it on either of my Boomies and don't really want it either. It's just situational now, which is how all legendaries should be. It's not the best of the best legendaries anymore. I'd rather have Oneths & IFE over ED any day.
    Bawkasaur - Feral PvE | Bawk - Feral PvE - Youtube - Twitter - Website - Twitch

Deleted
    It's best for damage reduction but doesn't help with DPS or threat. If you're on a fight where tank damage isn't a problem at all, it's not very good.

Also, I just Regrowth spammed myself with as many HOTs as I could possibly get, and the very highest crit I could get was 1.2m. With the boots charged all the way up and Moment of Clarity, that crit would have been maybe 2.5m, maybe up to 3m with using Velen's, mastery food and a flask. So, still not worth anything, considering I've had Swiftmend crits for as high as 2.8m. Not at all worth all the set up and otherwise-shitty talents.
    Ekowraith is a suvivability legendary and it excels in doing just that. If i wanted to talk about the dps aspect, i would mention the bracers and the pants. Legendaries are supposed to be situational in their uses. In that sense i could reverse ur argument. So to rephrase it Ekowraith is one of the best survivability legendaries, just like others while awesome for threat and dps severely lack on that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Does Fiery Red Maimers work on bosses? I got it from a world boss but I'm not 110 so I can't test myself. Thanks
    Yes, the damage has nothing to do with the actual stun.

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't even say it's good for guardian, there are many other better legendaries.
    Then you'd be wrong, because defensively it's like top3 easily.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    Plus, the concern with Prydaz is - based on their criteria for legendary adjustments, Prydaz will almost certainly be targeted for buffs, since it still doesn't give any throughput for DPS specs, and is still generally considered undesirable for them relative to a throughput legendary. If they end up adding additional universal throughput to Prydaz, it will probably become far and away BiS for Resto Druids (and I'd assume other healers). It's already in the top 3-4 options as is.
    It does give throughput to DPS specs in the form of a 3rd secondary stat/huge stat budget(and is top3-ish for a bunch of specs, like Fury and iirc some casters). It was basically the first legendary to get the "7.2 treatment"
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-03-13 at 07:00 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I'm sorry, did you call ED a garbage legendary?
    It pretty much is since 7.1.5. It's okay but it's nothing like it used to be, and it's not worth the hassle of keeping up with 30% base Haste (Metronome and Whispers don't count) for the gain. OI, IFE, and the actually good utility legendaries are just so much better right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyben View Post
    Any source please? *-*
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...he-Hippogryphs Scroll down to Legendary Items.

"---The team continues to look at legendary items that are somewhat underpowered or overpowered to bring them back in line---
    Resto Druid shoulders are also on the radar."

What I take from this is that Resto Druid Shoulders are getting a buff (or more likely, a rework) because they do virtually nothing. Literally one of the worst legendaries in the game right now.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Prydaz is unlikely to be changed at all. It is quite decent at the moment.

Sephuz on the other hand will probably see some tweaks. It can easily be categorized as a legendary with problematic mechanics that isnt woriking well in gameplay.

Prydaz is unlikely to be changed at all. It is quite decent at the moment.

Sephuz on the other hand will probably see some tweaks. It can easily be categorized as a legendary with problematic mechanics that isnt woriking well in gameplay.
    Prydaz is excellent. If anything, it'll see nerfs before buffs. The fact that Mythic raiders who have every legendary by now are actually using Prydaz in certain situations means it's a great choice.

Sephuz is fucking dogshit garbage tier but Blizzard loves it too much to admit fault with it sadly.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

It does give throughput to DPS specs in the form of a 3rd secondary stat/huge stat budget(and is top3-ish for a bunch of specs, like Fury and iirc some casters). It was basically the first legendary to get the "7.2 treatment"
    That's not really true though. For example.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=133633/w...onus=1562:3412 - 3107 secondary stats
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=132444/p...cs-magnum-opus - 3741 secondary stats

Your net gain at the same ilvl is only 634 secondary stats (plus the automatic socket), and most of that gain gets offset by the fact that you're giving up close to 1000 primary stats in using a neck (or ring) legendary compared to say a chest legendary. 600 secondary stats (and split across 3 stats) is not going to come close to putting it on par with proper throughput legendaries that can give 5%+ added damage.

What they probably need to do is have Prydaz give a DPS proc that is active whenever the shield is active on you. That way, if you don't make use of the shield, or are good at avoiding damage, you get rewarded for it. If the shield is consumed, you get the utility/survivability value of the shield. They probably should not have the proc effect healing or tank specs, because it's already strong enough for them.

<snip>
    The whole point of Prydaz is having an amazing survivability legendary (and BiS necklace for practically anyone). It doesn't need to be OP to the point where it's blatantly broken; Prydaz is pretty much perfect as it is, and I'd kill to get my hands on it instead of Sephuz, ED, or Shittidaria.

If you only care about using throughput legendaries, then don't use it, because it's not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    The whole point of Prydaz is having an amazing survivability legendary (and BiS necklace for practically anyone). It doesn't need to be OP to the point where it's blatantly broken; Prydaz is pretty much perfect as it is, and I'd kill to get my hands on it instead of Sephuz, ED, or Shittidaria.

If you only care about using throughput legendaries, then don't use it, because it's not for you.
    Your opinion doesn't match with their stated design goals for 7.2 legendary changes though.

"Added throughput effects to legendaries with non-throughput bonuses, or only occasional throughput benefits."

It's still essentially a non throughput legendary. Being BiS in a slot is irrelevant when it comes to legendaries and the 2 equip limit, because anyone who has played to any reasonable degree this expansion should be at 5-8 legendaries by now. The completely useless Resto Druid legendary shoulders (in terms of legendary effect) are still the BiS shoulders, because they are 15 ilvl higher than anything else you can get. That doesn't mean they are worth using if you have any other options.

It pretty much is since 7.1.5. It's okay but it's nothing like it used to be, and it's not worth the hassle of keeping up with 30% base Haste (Metronome and Whispers don't count) for the gain. OI, IFE, and the actually good utility legendaries are just so much better right now.
    ED doesn't do nothing if you don't have 30% haste, and you have an odd definition of garbage if it's 'not as good as it used to be.' Why would you prefer OI?

- - - Updated - - -

Except almost every DPS I've ever met wants to throw their computer out the window after getting Prydaz.
    You talk to some awful DPS

- - - Updated - - -

Your opinion doesn't match with their stated design goals for 7.2 legendary changes though.
    Their literal statement is

Added extra secondary stats to non-throughput legendaries where that makes more sense than to add throughput to the legendary effect itself.

and their literal example is adding a third stat onto a non-throughput legendary (Belo'vir's). You are clueless.

Deleted

"Added throughput effects to legendaries with non-throughput bonuses, or only occasional throughput benefits."

It's still essentially a non throughput legendary. Being BiS in a slot is irrelevant when it comes to legendaries and the 2 equip limit, because anyone who has played to any reasonable degree this expansion should be at 5-8 legendaries by now. The completely useless Resto Druid legendary shoulders (in terms of legendary effect) are still the BiS shoulders, because they are 15 ilvl higher than anything else you can get. That doesn't mean they are worth using if you have any other options.
    They also said that there will be cases where adding a throughput effect wont make any sense, and in that situation they would just add a thrid stat to the legendary item. It is the formula they used with prydaz in patch 7.1.5. Putting that aside, i dont mind the neck receiving any buffs, im using it most of the times, i just dont see the need.

Except they already gave it bonus stats, just like they're doing with the Mage legendary that makes Blink give a bubble, so..... yeah. Dunno how much more you want them to buff the thing.

ED doesn't do nothing if you don't have 30% haste, and you have an odd definition of garbage if it's 'not as good as it used to be.' Why would you prefer OI?
    Because OI has literally no ridiculous requirement (30% Haste), it can proc off of itself (my best streak so far is 5) making some insane burst DPS you get out of nowhere (AKA: fun) and it's useful in any situation instead of just one (OI useful anywhere, ED only useful for ST). Oh and it actually has fucking Haste to boot while the helmet that requires 30% Haste eats up one of your highest-budget slots and gives 0% Haste.

ED is crap and I refuse to use it until we have Haste coming out of our asses from higher iLvl pieces and there's another raw ST fight. Haven't used it since my guild shit the bed on Krosus.

They also said that there will be cases where adding a throughput effect wont make any sense, and in that situation they would just add a thrid stat to the legendary item. It is the formula they used with prydaz in patch 7.1.5. Putting that aside, i dont mind the neck receiving any buffs, im using it most of the times, i just dont see the need.
    Exactly. It already got bonus stats, it's already an extremely favored legendary (despite having no throughput outside of bonus stats), and there are so many more that are garbage. Prydaz is fine; I'd be extremely surprised to see it getting a buff (if anything, they'd probably nerf it before buffing it).

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

Then you'd be wrong, because defensively it's like top3 easily.

- - - Updated - - -
    You're wrong if you think bears need any sort of defensive legendary. Can literally tank mythic bosses in cat form.

You're wrong if you think bears need any sort of defensive legendary. Can literally tank mythic bosses in cat form.
    I am well aware, but it IS good defensively.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Can literally tank mythic bosses in cat form.
    I'd kill to see this, considering you lose around half of your HP buffer, most of your armor, and your ability to not be crit by NPCs. Oh and Rage + Active Mitigation.

Regardless though, yes, bears already have a ton of good choices. Honestly, it'd be hard to pick a "bad" legendary for them right now from their spec-specific ones.

And yet; you see more then a handful top parses with r.druid shoulders aswell...

I admit i never used them as my lege set up is totally set in stone.
    I'm personally too much in love with prydaz ( to the point i removed my lege wrist) and tearstone...well tearstone is tearstone.

I'd resume my resto druid lege hunt only for a hypothetical redesign of lifebloom into something like our old 4pcT18.
    With that and a healthy dose of mastery i'd feel ready to shatter my guildmate's pala tank healing.

I'd kill to see this, considering you lose around half of your HP buffer, most of your armor, and your ability to not be crit by NPCs. Oh and Rage + Active Mitigation.

Regardless though, yes, bears already have a ton of good choices. Honestly, it'd be hard to pick a "bad" legendary for them right now from their spec-specific ones.
    I mean you can look at my logs. Imo the boots are useless in a raid environment if you have decent healers. But in m+ they are pretty crazy.