Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeweaver View Post
    Does anyone know if Convergence of Fates works for us in reducing Meta or does it just become a stat stick?
    No that's too cool for tanks to use so its not aloud.

Really really stupid question but just for clarity.

When using Fracture at what point do you us Soul Cleave instead? I'm assuming at 2 targets but I just want to make sure

Quote Originally Posted by Takeshiren View Post

When using Fracture at what point do you us Soul Cleave instead? I'm assuming at 2 targets but I just want to make sure
    You'll also want to use it to not waste shards since you don't generate past 5/6. Also gain 3% damage reduction/shard so when taking damage and DS isn't up.

3+ targets use soul cleave. Outside of that you only Soul Cleave for the heal.

Hi, I have a question regarding trinkets, as I currently have the choice between multiple tanking ones and could use advice on which ones to use. My choices are:

900 Infernal contract - Currently using in case I need to absorb a big hit.

For my other slot, I'm not really sure what to use, I have :

900 Gift of radiance - Basically just a stats stick, not much use for the stun.
    895 Phantasmal echo - Had been using this until recently.
    895 Shard of Rokmora
    890 Royal Dagger Haft - Seems like a weaker LR
    890 Animated Exoskeleton - While the stamina is nice (I get to have above 6M), I don't feel like it's improving my survivability by a lot.

I also have an 875 Bloodthirrsty instinct I use for my dps spec, but I'm not sure if I have a better option.

I do both M+ (15 and above) and am getting into mythic raiding, what are your thoughts on the trinkets I should use? Should I be chasing completely different trinkets, or do I have a viable option?

Edit: If you'd like to have a look at my armory, my toon is Mortelinnos - Tichondrius (can't post links).
    Last edited by Morrtelinnos; 2017-02-27 at 04:57 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd use BTI + Gift of Radiance in general of those. You can swap out the BTI for Infernal Contract when you feel that is appropriate (e.g. on Spellblade Aluriel).

Hi all, regarding our 4 piece, if one can only access normal NH 875ilvl, does it make sense going without the tier bonus if you have 900ilvl non set pieces in place of those?

Or rather, at what ilvl point does it make sense to break the set? Just feels ouch to drop 20 to 25ilvls for each piece

I don't think the 20% increase in ds uptime is worth losing all those primary and secondary stats tbh. If you are dropping 20+ ilvls on all the pieces that is.

Dropping that much is a bit huge. The tier is fairly mediocre in raids but in M+ it is awesome. I wouldn't drop that much ilvl though
    @Bladeweaver

If you have a 900 piece in most tier slots and only 875 in them then yes ilvl will trump the bonus.

I think that situation is rare though, if you're only doing normal how high in mythic+ are you really going? Anyone capable of doing a 15 can pug most of the bosses in heroic with ease. Not to mention the potential with war/titanforged normal set pieces.

Every week I clear a 15 or a 16 so the chest pretty much always yields a 900

Group I'm with is still farming normal NH and pugs tend to want to see AOTC but each week I still go at it till the group falls apart.

It's more about time, effort and managing my own expectations.

Deleted
    nice guide.

i switched from a warrior tank to dh tank now because i got bored and was kind of frustrated, always bad drop luck of items and legendarys... after IP nerf and rotation change i somehow lost the fun at it.

i´ve now a 857 dh tank now, even tanked m+ +6 with 852 ilvl yesterday and we three chested it. the others werent that fat tbh, around 860. i never had much troubles surviving... I´m not sure why, but the dh tank even on this low level seems to be more solid that my warrior.
    what i really like at the dh tank is the mobility and the sigils. i don´t regret it that i´ve touched my 890 warrior tank since 2 weeks what i miss is a stun, well you got the sigils but...

10+ Year Old Account
    How did vengeance legendaries not get any compensation (rune master pauldrons)

I was sure this legendary would at least get 3rd stat

Bracers that do everything better did. I don't understand this move.

Thumbs up Vengeance Buff on PTR

Thank you for the suggestions and discussion.

In today’s 7.2 PTR update, we’re testing the following change:

• Demonic Wards now reduces all damage taken by 20% (was 10%), and increases Armor by 75% (was 120%).

What this amounts to is a passive reduction of all incoming damage, combined with a lowered defenses against physical damage, leaving almost no change to incoming physical, but a substantial new mitigation against magic.

Your feedback has been very helpful, so again, thank you!

~ Kaivax
    Community Manager

Battle.net Class Development blue post

- - - Updated - - -

Soul Cleave with Razor Spikes is also good if you need to kite. Apply a 50% snair to everything in front of you so you don't have to move as far (healers don't like it when you range them) to stay out of melee for a few seconds.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions and discussion.

In today’s 7.2 PTR update, we’re testing the following change:

• Demonic Wards now reduces all damage taken by 20% (was 10%), and increases Armor by 75% (was 120%).

What this amounts to is a passive reduction of all incoming damage, combined with a lowered defenses against physical damage, leaving almost no change to incoming physical, but a substantial new mitigation against magic.

Your feedback has been very helpful, so again, thank you!

~ Kaivax
    Community Manager

Battle.net Class Development blue post

- - - Updated - - -

Soul Cleave with Razor Spikes is also good if you need to kite. Apply a 50% snair to everything in front of you so you don't have to move as far (healers don't like it when you range them) to stay out of melee for a few seconds.
    Hnnnnnnng. My Veng already felt like a Demi-god. 10% more reduction is just delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Hnnnnnnng. My Veng already felt like a Demi-god. 10% more reduction is just delicious.
    It's just be an extra 10% against magic. Physical DR will either be slightly lower or higher depending on your current armor level.

It's a pretty meh change unless there is a lot of krosus type fights in raids going forward.

The Defiler's Lost Vambraces
    Now has an additional 539 Avoidance (@ ilvl 940) as a bonus tertiary stat.

Hype

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's just be an extra 10% against magic. Physical DR will either be slightly lower or higher depending on your current armor level.

It's a pretty meh change unless there is a lot of krosus type fights in raids going forward.
    That isn't a meh change at all. It shows they are trying to work on one of our biggest weaknesses. We desperately need magic reduction and that's exactly what they gave us. Regardless of future Magic heavy fights like Krosus/Augur, (of which we will probably have 2-3 months of 7.2 changes in Nighthold meaning you'll have these buffs for Krosus/Augur) it will still help with tank busters especially. Hell half the fights in Nighthold are 60/40 or more on the magic side.

Deleted
    Munkky do you think the new change to lower armor but higher dmg reduction will still be beneficial with much higher ilvl in very end-gear expansion? People say on PTR DHs take 1-2% less dmg than on live now cuz of that change but will that remain later on ? (logic says it will cuz armor has BIG time diminishing returns the higher it gets)

Quote Originally Posted by Munkky View Post
    That isn't a meh change at all. It shows they are trying to work on one of our biggest weaknesses. We desperately need magic reduction and that's exactly what they gave us.
    We don't desperately need magic DR at all. The only time it's ever an issue is Krosus where you are constantly taking large magic damage for most of the fight. It's not like that is a VDH exclusive problem either as pretty much every tank spec except for brewmaster sucks at any kind of constant magic DR.

In the vast majority of situations wards and SB are going to cover almost any dangerous magic damage. Magic DR is hardly a weakness and it just shows how someone who never tanked a mythic boss shouldn't be trying to give people advice on tanking.