Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Pretty sure you also want Focused Thunder for more Renewing Mist so more UT procs.

- - - Updated - - -

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Gust of Mist is doing double of what GotS was doing on pretty much every fight.

And THAT is not even trying to trigger it.
    fwiw, mastery will be our weakest stat in 7.2. it's currently behind crit/vers.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    It has always been though. I don't remember a single day in the history of MW healing that Mastery was not the worst stat.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you also want Focused Thunder for more Renewing Mist so more UT procs.

- - - Updated - - -

You really have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Gust of Mist is doing double of what GotS was doing on pretty much every fight.

And THAT is not even trying to trigger it.
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...2&type=healing

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=9

completely none sense guys.

I'm talking about meta.
    PS: i'm not here to defend gots either.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-03-15 at 06:10 PM.

LUL
    aww grats ♥

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok. i think i need to define what is a bad stat.

A bad stat is the stat which affects your playstyle. Gust of Mist of course is. People are now using vivify instead of EF because they need make full use of mastery == gust of mist affects playstyle = bad.
    A stat should NEVER affect playstyle.

Blizz will always nerf such stats to the ground since they don't know how to balance it. At least I don't know how to balance it. You don't know either.

Still remember what happened in legion alpha where Effuse was only 1% mana?
    People was abusing mastery by spamming Effuse. Then Effuse mana cost was nerfed to 2% and mistweaver is now really really bad in 5 man.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    It has always been though. I don't remember a single day in the history of MW healing that Mastery was not the worst stat.
    They always put some complicated concepts on mw and even themselves don't know how to balance it.
    Simple mastery like +1% mastery = +1% healing is always better than Gust of Mist bullshit

- - - Updated - - -

GotS wasn't bad by orbs themselves. GotS was bad since they put a spawn rate table for each spell == gust of mist.

GotS - Orbs = Gust of Mist.

- - - Updated - - -

TLDR : GotS is undertuned, not bad. Gust of Mist is just BAD
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-03-15 at 06:53 PM.

I'm surprised, considering non Essence Font.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    Rip mastery in 7.2

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised, considering non Essence Font.
    1. No T19 4pc
    2. haste does nothing to mastery
    3. buff vivify = nerf mastery

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

completely none sense guys.

I'm talking about meta.
    PS: i'm not here to defend gots either.
    30% GotS on Xhul'orac? WTF did you do? Dress your raid to pick up orbs? I just check and I never had more than 5% GOTS on Xhul.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

7+ Year Old Account
    30% GotS on Xhul'orac? WTF did you do? Dress your raid to pick up orbs? I just check and I never had more than 5% GOTS on Xhul.
    No. GotS was bugged, so it often picked up more than orbs. I think that was the reason why people and devs think GotS sucked due to RNG instead of undertuned factors.
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-03-15 at 08:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My body is ready... can 7.2 drop already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mastery would actually gain value* compared to 7.1.5 because you aren't casting spells which don't benefit from mastery as much anymore.

*Gain value in the sense that it doesn't have wild swings in power like in 7.1.5. If you're doing M Elisande, mastery is a completely dead stat, but if you're doing M Gul'Dan, Mastery is extremely strong. In 7.2, since you're primarily casting effuse/sg/rem/vivify/enm as the core of your rotation, mastery will be consistent in its value. That value sadly just isn't very good because mastery wasn't buffed next patch. On the plus side, since legendaries/set bonuses/traits push the "intended" playstyle Blizzard envisioned for Mistweaver, mastery is the easiest thing to fix now, since it can be buffed to fix Mistweaver's HPS problems, and make the stat good in a raid setting from a HPS standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea you obviously want FT with set bonuses. It's basically doubling in power because of the more frequent TFT's.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-03-16 at 03:18 AM.

Buff Mastery, fix Sheilun's Gift so our artifact ability isn't completely garbage.

Or gold talents will still be pretty underwhelming but at least we won't be the worst healers in the game.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

the problem with mastery is that, very simply, increasing your healing of vivify, envelop etc naturally devalues an additional "heal" before viv/envelop etc hit. either the mastery heal is enough so that the following vivify/envelop hit overheals or it's not enough and you're better off gearing crit/vers to buff those heals.

it's at a point where mastery needs another redesign because there's no actual way of fixing the above issue. unless of course they turn mastery into an echo of light copy but that's both boring and not really "what MW is about". honestly lost for ideas myself and gusts of mist, as is, just cannot work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supliftz View Post
    mastery would actually gain value* compared to 7.1.5 because you aren't casting spells which don't benefit from mastery as much anymore.
    revival
    chi burst
    sheilun
    chiji
    rjw
    etc

#deletegustofmists

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myta View Post
    Buff Mastery, fix Sheilun's Gift so our artifact ability isn't completely garbage.

Or gold talents will still be pretty underwhelming but at least we won't be the worst healers in the game.

Buff mastery = encouraging mw to abuse mastery and spam Effuse w/o any other spells.
    Rip mastery in 7.2
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2017-03-16 at 12:50 PM.

sheilun
    SG casts a mastery proc

10+ Year Old Account
    the problem with mastery is that, very simply, increasing your healing of vivify, envelop etc naturally devalues an additional "heal" before viv/envelop etc hit. either the mastery heal is enough so that the following vivify/envelop hit overheals or it's not enough and you're better off gearing crit/vers to buff those heals.

it's at a point where mastery needs another redesign because there's no actual way of fixing the above issue. unless of course they turn mastery into an echo of light copy but that's both boring and not really "what MW is about". honestly lost for ideas myself and gusts of mist, as is, just cannot work.
    Realistically there's nothing wrong with the design of Mastery. In fact, it's even quite strong for progression bosses providing it has good numbers (like it does currently). The issue was blizzard didn't force the "correct playstyle" of Mistweaver effectively in the base toolkit. Disc Priests have a mastery which only effects >75% of the output, and the mastery for disc is fine. Holy Paladins have a situational mastery, and that's still completely fine.

Fixing the intended Mistweaver playstyle was the limiting factor for buffing Mastery. Now that the playstyle is "fixed" with traits/legendaries/set bonuses, they can easily buff Mastery. Although, as ever, the problem of effuse existing is still looming overhead. That said, we already live in a world where effuse spam is the filler spell, so fears of mastery buffs creating an over centralization of Effuse is unfounded because effuse is already over centralized in 7.2.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2017-03-16 at 02:38 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    Realistically there's nothing wrong with the design of Mastery. In fact, it's even quite strong for progression bosses providing it has good numbers (like it does currently). The issue was blizzard didn't force the "correct playstyle" of Mistweaver effectively in the base toolkit. Disc Priests have a mastery which only effects >75% of the output, and the mastery for disc is fine. Holy Paladins have a situational mastery, and that's still completely fine.
    Nothing wrong LOL. Gots is nothing wrong either. "The issue was blizzard didn't force the "correct playstyle" of Mistweaver effectively in the base toolkit."
    Let me translate your words : The issue is that blizz didn't force mistweaver spamming effuse LOL.

The mastery of Disc and HPal doesn't affect what toolkits they are using. Mistweaver mastery encourages corruptions, exploiting and effuse botting!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing wrong LOL. Gots is nothing wrong either. "The issue was blizzard didn't force the "correct playstyle" of Mistweaver effectively in the base toolkit."
    Let me translate your words : The issue is that blizz didn't force mistweaver spamming effuse LOL.

The mastery of Disc and HPal doesn't affect what toolkits they are using. Mistweaver mastery encourages corruptions, exploiting and effuse botting!!!
    Mastery is actually the best stat for every spell it effects by a large margin actually (save boots non/ut vivify ofc lol). The problem occurs when ef/chi burst/revival/other bs are like 50% of your output. Then mastery is pretty bad. It's clearly not balanced around only effecting 50% of your output.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    SG casts a mastery proc
    12 stacks sheilun = 1 stack sheilun mastery LOL

With the new artifact trait reducing the cooldown on Revival, and the legendary that reduces the cooldown on revival with ReM, I was thinking... what if Gust of Mists affected Revival?

How much more valuable would GoM be then?