15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Never before has a single game had this much difficulty on starting up, and I have been at this shit for nearly twenty years.
    Have you tried disabling the Origin overlay or starting the game directly from MassEffectAndromedaTrial.exe instead of MassEffectAndromeda.exe?

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Tried the trial on PC and I have to say I really enjoyed the hour or so I played of it. Combat was pretty fun and I love the look of the game for the most part. Having said that I.... it runs like complete trash for me (3570k & 970) and borderline unplayable. Set it to the medium preset and its the same. Extreme stutters and frame drops everywhere.

I really really do want to play it but I'll probably wait to see if they address it and if not I'll just get it for my PS4 when a price drop happens.
    Wonder whats going on, I have a 3570k (4.2g overclock) and a 970ti, and its running good for me with a mix of high and ultra settings. (High 40-low 50 fps@1080p). Good is subjective with that fps. But I was expecting it to run like garbage and I was going to have to go grab a 1080/1080ti, so I'm thrilled it was running as well as it was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    There is something so very wrong about this https://s1.webmshare.com/yAvPP.webm
    One can perhaps write a 300 page book on everything wrong in that single clip. There isent one single frame of anything that remotely resembles anything "normal". The alien is the only "Normal" looking thing, which is a paradox and a testament itself to how badly this is fucked.

The only comparison i can make is to Silent Hill monsters, that have this strange, erratic behavior, that makes them look so outworldly that it creeps you out. Yet that was done on purpose. This is not.

Let Bioware make a survival horror game in a insane asylum, and just bring these characters there, its nightmare fuel.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    "You're lookign at her." <- here her expression is still fitting. After that it's like the game just froze that smile on her when she started talking about more grim things.
    Or how about the overly long pauses between each line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtaliin View Post
    Hmm, personally I have a hard time being subjective on the manner of Mass Effect. I would call myself an ever loving fanatic of the series so I never try and argue peoples' consternation with the series. Bioware has been in the top 5 five of my shit list for the crap they have pulled in the past five years. That being said, I bought Horizon: New Dawn on release, and I really enjoy it, but it's facial animations are twitchy as hell yet that game has been lauded as a great masterpiece and been given rave reviews. Mass Effect Andromeda's animations don't seem nearly as bad to me. I can't really be subjective and fair when it comes to judging Mass Effect though and I think people's opinions should be heard. Just curious to be honest.
    The problem isn't the facial animations alone. The problem is that there are other issues surrounding it. The creators have been accused of making the game this way on purpose to suit their agenda. Not only that but there seem to be a ton of gameplay issues as well as pointed out in the PC gamer review. Where a lot of stuff is put into the game and it does not improve upon the previous games in the series. Horrible checkpoints. The new vehicle, the nomad isn't that great to drive. the companions are boring and have nothing of note other than "quirkyness". The main character, Ryder is another generic "chosen one" trope.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CpH3WtHWEAAABDS.jpg

This guy; Manveer Heir, is an outspoken racist. He clearly doesn't like white people because of the color of their skin. And two heads at Bioware have spoken out and said they're ok with his behavior.

You can do whatever you want when making your product, but I won't be buying it when it comes out. And neither will people who despise identity politics when they see this garbage. I am disappointed that Bioware has been going this direction since I would say 2010.

I have no words for this.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-03-16 at 03:05 PM.

I did the origin access thing to test the game out, I have to say the beginning is boring and slow as shit. Seriously every ME pulled me in from the get-go, the story this time around feels extremely forced and predictable it's not even funny. The characters so far have been nothing to write home about either, I'm honestly probably going to pass on this game, there's plenty of other good RPGs that came out from February till now that I don't really have time for a sub-par ME.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    Wonder whats going on, I have a 3570k (4.2g overclock) and a 970ti, and its running good for me with a mix of high and ultra settings. (High 40-low 50 fps@1080p). Good is subjective with that fps. But I was expecting it to run like garbage and I was going to have to go grab a 1080/1080ti, so I'm thrilled it was running as well as it was.
    It feels like its running out of VRAM or something. Exhibiting similar symptoms at least... I wouldn't mind having to lock it to 30FPS personally as the game would still look better than on consoles but.. yeah.

Deleted
    Seems it's good that I didn't preorder. I absolutely love Mass Effect, it would be soul crushing if this one ends up as a steaming turd.

The fact one of their employees is a twat isn't a reason not to buy the game. I mean, there might be other reasons, but that doesn't strike me as a good one.
    Last edited by DarkAmbient; 2017-03-16 at 03:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    http://www.pcgamer.com/we-have-mixed...ect-andromeda/

PC gamer is ripping this game a new asshole.
    "Ripping a new asshole".

Sure, if you only read the criticism and ignore everything else they say. There's five guys sharing their opinions on the game. Out of the five of them, 1 is neutral (Jarred) as he focused only on the technical aspect of the game, and thus offers neither praise nor criticism. 1 is negative about the game and had nothing but a bad time playing it (Tim). The other 3 (Chris, Tyler, James) are mostly positive even if they have their share of criticism.

Taken from the same article you just linked:

Tyler: As much as we’re criticizing it here, I’m enjoying the game, really. It’s this huge construct of characters and combat and to-do lists and each part can be picked to death by even the softest critical eye, but I still enjoy existing in the world and waiting for the little moments of humor (when it actually lands and isn’t stupid) that attach me to these characters. Maybe I’m just more forgiving than Tim, but I think if we went back to Mass Effect 3, or Mass Effect 2, or even Mass Effect, we could apply a lot of the same criticisms we had here—and we still like those games.

Chris: More than anything else, my early experience of Andromeda was defined by just how closely it mirrors the first game. This is a spiritual successor to the first Mass Effect in many ways, ignoring or undoing many of the ways the original series changed in its sequels. It's an RPG with shooter elements, not a shooter with RPG elements. It has free roaming elements and driving. And it closely mirrors the pace of ME1's opening, too, from the stakes-setting first mission to the extended space station walk-and-talk section to the first, introductory, relatively linear objective that you're given. The details are different but the rhythms are the same—so similar, in fact, that I think it's a fair criticism to say that BioWare is rolling out a structure of play that has had ten years to become overfamiliar.

Yet it's not a dealbreaker, simply because, y'know, every BioWare game is like this. They all start slow and hit their stride at different junctures. Andromeda is slow but I'd argue that it gets to the point faster than Inquisition. These clunky intros aren't a new phenomenon: I'd like to see BioWare shake up the formula, but their failure to do so doesn't fill me with dread.

James: I have faith that somewhere in the next 50 hours, Bioware will do a few cool space things.
    So, 3 out of five critics liked it, one hated it, one was indecisive because he focused on benchmarking and the technical stuff.

And you call that "ripping a new asshole".

Apparently, unless the entire review is 100% glowing praise and worship, the game is being ripped to shreds.

For future references.... this is what it looks like when a game gets a new asshole ripped:
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-03-16 at 03:32 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Into View Post
    One can perhaps write a 300 page book on everything wrong in that single clip. There isent one single frame of anything that remotely resembles anything "normal". The alien is the only "Normal" looking thing, which is a paradox and a testament itself to how badly this is fucked.

The only comparison i can make is to Silent Hill monsters, that have this strange, erratic behavior, that makes them look so outworldly that it creeps you out. Yet that was done on purpose. This is not.

Let Bioware make a survival horror game in a insane asylum, and just bring these characters there, its nightmare fuel.
    It's like she's indifferent. I don't expect nor want her to be sobbing but at least show us a smidget of emotion.
    Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

Deleted
    The fact one of their employees is a twat isn't a reason not to buy the game. I mean, there might be other reasons, but that doesn't strike me as a reasonable one.
    It is valid and reasonable to vote with your wallet if you make it clear why you are doing so. If you do not support the idea of overt anti-white identity politics, then that's seems like a solid reason not to buy this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    It's like she's indifferent. I don't expect nor want her to be sobbing but at least show us a smidget of emotion.
    That's what its like when Ryder first learns their dad is dead. They are like... "oh... ok". The end. Then they start talking about SAM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Never before has a single game had this much difficulty on starting up, and I have been at this shit for nearly twenty years.
    How much difficulty exactly? it just doesn't start on your PC. You don't even know why and yet claim lots of difficulties. All I see is just one difficulty. You are stuck at black window.

Wow, you encountered a game that disagrees with your PC. Boo hoo. Welcome to PC master race.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact one of their employees is a twat isn't a reason not to buy the game. I mean, there might be other reasons, but that doesn't strike me as a good one.
    You should read the rest of my post. That isn't my only reason for not buying this game. The problem isn't only him.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    "Ripping a new asshole".

Sure, if you only read the criticism and ignore everything else they say. There's five guys sharing their opinions on the game. Out of the five of them, 1 is neutral (Jarred) as he focused only on the technical aspect of the game, and thus offers neither praise nor criticism. 1 is negative about the game and had nothing but a bad time playing it (Tim). The other 3 (Chris, Tyler, James) are mostly positive even if they have their share of criticism.

Taken from the same article you just linked:

So, 3 out of five critics liked it, one hated it, one was indecisive because he focused on benchmarking and the technical stuff.

And you call that "ripping a new asshole".

Apparently, unless the entire review is 100% perfection, the game is shit.
    You missed my points in my later posts. I point out all the reasons I dislike this game. I may have used hyperbole but I still stand by my statement. This game has too many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    It is valid and reasonable to vote with your wallet if you make it clear why you are doing so. If you do not support the idea of overt anti-white identity politics, then that's seems like a solid reason not to buy this game.
    Sure, voting with your wallet is fine, but there has to be a good reason for doing so. I wouldn't refuse to buy a game because one of their devs was King Twat on Twitter if the game was good.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck. Did I time travel back to 2006?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    You missed my points in my later posts.
    No I didn't. You said "this review is ripping the game a new asshole". And I disproved you.

I point out all the reasons I dislike this game.
    Hey, if YOU don't like it, suit yourself, nobody is obligated to like any game. I hate zelda, yeah, you heard me, I hate that shit, you wont see me buying or playing it. I also hate Dark Souls, The Witcher, Mario, and quite a few other games that have a large fanbase.

Its my right to not enjoy those games if I have a problem with some or all of its parts.

But you don't see me shitting on the cereal of the people who do enjoy those games, do you? I don't pop up in the Breath of the Wild thread to preach how much that game sucks and how much I'm not buying it, and how much you shouldn't play it. Why? because that's an asshole thing to do. Go into a thread for a game you neither like, nor have any intention of playing, just to berate those who do enjoy it?

I may have used hyperbole
    Gee, you think?

but I still stand by my statement. This game has too many problems.
    If that's how you feel, that's YOUR prerogative, but don't go putting words into other people's mouths, linking opinions of others, and twisting them to fit YOUR narrative.

I got origin access how do i download the game <w<

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    I got origin access how do i download the game <w<
    I R Jelly

U_U

Still need to wait another 8 days before I can dive in.