Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    The bracers Marquee Bindings dropped for me today. Should I hardcast pyro every proc? Any exceptions? Do I need to change stat prio or any talents to work better with them?
    I'm a casual player and after a quick skim on these forums haven't found a bracers for dummies section :P
    TIA
    during combustion window: it depends on how much haste your have/reduced caste times, if you have heroism/4p set bonus active during combustion and you get a bracer proc off you should definitely cast it, otherwise ignore it until you have finished your combustion window opener and then look to hard cast it.

outside of the combustion window you want to use them as often as possible when the situation allows it, there's a few times on progress fights where i have had to let a proc die due to dealing with certain mechanics so if the situation allows it, get it off then go back to your normal rotation.

as a general note also, make or find a weak aura to track your pyretic incantation stacks and wait until they are high, 3-5 is ideal then cast pyroblast so you get the most damage out of each cast but this is pure min maxing and isn't always viable due to fight mechanics etc.

I have 7 legendaries

In order:
    1.Sephuz
    2.Exodar
    3.Belt
    4.Boot
    5.Bracer
    6.Chest
    7. Head

Now i switch to Frost loot, to get other legendary

Deleted
    Any thoughts on the recent changes? I like the direction they're taking things. Also, 3% permanent Haste on Sephuz is crazy strong.

I'm rerolling Mage for mythic raiding. I already have the Marquee bracers. Should I stay fire or switch to frost? I like to play both so can't really make my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Wadling View Post
    I'm rerolling Mage for mythic raiding. I already have the Marquee bracers. Should I stay fire or switch to frost? I like to play both so can't really make my pick.
    If nothing happens... Fire won't be anywhere near viable* next tier. But that said.. We know nothing about 7.2 and beyond when it comes to spec balance.

*in progression raiding

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    If nothing happens... Fire won't be anywhere near viable* next tier. But that said.. We know nothing about 7.2 and beyond when it comes to spec balance.

*in progression raiding
    There's still time for further nerfs so that fire will only be viale to do non-elite emissary quests (cracking nuts and capturing squirrels)
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by D3athsting View Post
    There's still time for further nerfs so that fire will only be viale to do non-elite emissary quests (cracking nuts and capturing squirrels)
    Or in NH on that one big non-elite trash pack between Trilliax and Spellblade. Fire is super good on that if living bomb goes off before the melee can reach them first. /eyeroll

Deleted
    This is where I'm glad I've found a social group of casual raiders that I can play whichever spec I want as the progression is slow,.. we're only just entering NH mythic last lockout. I'd hate to still be wanting fast pace progress push and be playing my lil fire mage right now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    during combustion window: it depends on how much haste your have/reduced caste times, if you have heroism/4p set bonus active during combustion and you get a bracer proc off you should definitely cast it, otherwise ignore it until you have finished your combustion window opener and then look to hard cast it.

outside of the combustion window you want to use them as often as possible when the situation allows it, there's a few times on progress fights where i have had to let a proc die due to dealing with certain mechanics so if the situation allows it, get it off then go back to your normal rotation.

as a general note also, make or find a weak aura to track your pyretic incantation stacks and wait until they are high, 3-5 is ideal then cast pyroblast so you get the most damage out of each cast but this is pure min maxing and isn't always viable due to fight mechanics etc.
    Thanks for the reply, will look into it

Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    sephuz isnt bad.
    got it on my hunter and paladin as well and lets just say I rather not have it, then again we all want the 2 BiS legendaries I guess.
    I know its better after 7.1.5 but its still pretty lackluster, saying Sephuz aint bad is saying that burned pizza aint so bad, on a raid boss it needs to be interruptable to even get the effect from it, dungeons its pretty ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Adudu View Post
    Don't worry, you'll have plenty of legendaries to be properly disappointed over.
    Well at least I got the crit shoulders and assa wrists on my rogue recently so got 2 good ones after 2 sephuz rings on 2 toons.
    I don't actively play my mage enough to probably get a 2nd legendary soon on her.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got frost gloves as my first legendary on my recently levelled Mage alt. ^_^ Happy days.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Deleted
    I got 9 so far and the order was, Bracer, Helm, Chest, Bl ring, Shepuz ring, Kill Jaeden trinket, Boots, Belt and finally Gloves, all are fire or cross specs/class for the last one i swaped the loot on krosus to see if i get the fire relic forgot to change loot to frost and bam the frikin gloves... so yeah ive been lucky and yet i cant win mele clases on Triliax, Krosus or Augur boses that are pure ST so now im fishing frost legendaries cuz holy cow that ST dmg of frost mage is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Katsu2881 View Post
    Any thoughts on the recent changes? I like the direction they're taking things. Also, 3% permanent Haste on Sephuz is crazy strong.
    ...And it's been nerfed to 2%

I have 4 characters at 110 (2 since launch of legion and 2 more recent alts) and 3 legendarys is the most any of them have.

Fire Mage (was main at launch) has 3 for fire - belt, head and gloves.
    I got the gloves 30th Jan and switched my loot spec to frost straight after, not had a legendary since.

Other than the fast almost guaranteed one my DH got as soon as it dinged last week i have not had a legendary in weeks.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-03-19 at 07:24 PM.

Deleted
    thoughts on cord of infinity changes in 7.2 from other arcane mages? also offtopic but the arcane explosion trait which mirrors 20% of your AE after 6 seconds seems super bad? in raiding theres barely any trash that stays for 6 seconds+ or isnt moved from your previous spot or smth along the lines, tried to make it clear to them on twitter but so far they dont seem to understand or maybe im missing something(just seems like a unnecessarily long time, maybe smth like 3 seconds instead)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GenKIDama View Post
    thoughts on cord of infinity changes in 7.2 from other arcane mages? also offtopic but the arcane explosion trait which mirrors 20% of your AE after 6 seconds seems super bad? in raiding theres barely any trash that stays for 6 seconds+ or isnt moved from your previous spot or smth along the lines, tried to make it clear to them on twitter but so far they dont seem to understand or maybe im missing something(just seems like a unnecessarily long time, maybe smth like 3 seconds instead)
    Alot of bosses encounters have/spawn adds and free extra dmg on those - and even instant extra dmg is always welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Alot of bosses encounters have/spawn adds and free extra dmg on those - and even instant extra dmg is always welcome.
    Also.. it mirrors Every time you cast, as long as the next cast is within 6 seconds of the previous

Deleted
    Legendaries in Order:

1) Sephuz
    2) Fire Bracers (Thank god)

Now it starts becoming funny

3) Blink Chest
    4) Prydaz

At this point the patch was near and I had Scorch Belt, DB Helm, BL Ring & Cloth utility boots left so let's take a guess

Ofc I won the 1/4 chance

5) Cloth Boots

Now the patch came and introduced to 2 new shitty legendaries

6) Fire Gloves

At this point I was 54 in all 3 speccs and kinda started to lose hope but after 2+ months off farming

7) Fire Belt

Finally having 2 good legendaries and realising fire is the worst ST specc in the game and every frostmage can outperform it with their eyes closed, so I figured since I have 2 good fire legendaries it's time to go frost and mayb be lucky for once.

8) Trinket

Think I'm honestly about to quit the game now, looking at so many mages changing speccs and constantly getting solid legendaries, or even having all DPS legendaries a specc has to offer this is just so dishearthening to keep playing.

I don't have BL Ring which is very good for Frost and ofc didn't get bracers or gloves to atleast try to swap over to frost.

Thanks blizzard for ruining the fun with your retarded system that rewards people with luck rather then people actually playing your game alot.

Well, with the new loot system in 7.2 you'll get much higher chance for frost leggy drop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imaskar View Post
    Well, with the new loot system in 7.2 you'll get much higher chance for frost leggy drop.
    Not really because the game essentially thinks I have 5 frost legendaries cause off all the utility ones, while in theory I have 0.