Poll: Who is right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Frankly stunned at the aggressive rudeness of many in this thread:
    "This issue is kind of a handy litmus test for a relationship."

Oh, the irony...

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    Frankly stunned at the aggressive rudeness of many in this thread:
    "This issue is kind of a handy litmus test for a relationship."

Oh, the irony...
    Well, it is a good way to find out if you're compatible or not. It's disgusting to not put the lid down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    When I finish, I put the seat down, when my partner finishes, she puts it up

problem solved
    What about if you need a shit m8?

Deleted
    Male here.

He's right and she's right.
    - Public toilets? He's right.
    - At home? She is.

Boom, mind blown.

Install a new bathroom. Problem solved.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    In my home, it causes less problems when the lid is down. Therefore, my husband puts it's down for the 3 females that are also using the toilets.
    We are not here to discuss your family. If no one cared there would be less problems, your husband's dad wouldn't have needed to condition him to put it down as his dad/mother did to him. He is most certainly feels oppressed deep down on subconscious level and sublimates it into a feeling of caring for 3 females. While you just enjoy your blissful toilet experience.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Basic hygiene would dictate that whoever uses it puts it into the position they need to use it and then closes the lid before flushing.

Any other argument is selfish and entitled, and IMO stupid as it's opinion based. My favorite is the woman arguing that it's courteous to leave the seat down to ensure if she gets up in the middle of the night or whatever, she doesn't fall in. This one actually sets me off a bit since she's basically saying that if she falls in it would be the mans fault, rather then her own for not paying attention. Because in this same vein, if she leaves the seat down and a man gets up in the middle of the night to pee and gets the seat messy that's his fault too... double standard.

You watch out for and be responsible for you, don't try to make other people responsible for you and your mistakes.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is the argumentative attitude I was talking about earlier. You went a step further and got all dramatic, though
    Ha, argumentative attitude, we only argue about it because of women who care about a toilet seat position for some unscientific reason.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Both parties should put the seat down after use. That's really the only fair way.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    No, its just factually quicker.
    You can't just SAY that it's quicker and have it be true, and you can't say that it being quicker is your motivation unless you're trying so shave off every millisecond from other tasks, too. It's ridiculous to say "I stand instead of sit because it's half a second quicker to stand, and that will save me 6 minutes per year on average" if you spend more than 6 minutes per year wasting time doing stuff like arguing on the internet, or with your spouse, over what the correct way to pee is, or doing literally anything other than living your life 100% optimally. It's stupid.

I don't believe it's quicker to stand or sit. One may come out slightly faster on average, I doubt it, but even if I could stand to pee, I still wouldn't on account of there are obvious benefits to sitting in terms of hygeine, avoiding arguments, whatever you like, take your pick, and but only POTENTIAL and MARGINAL benefits in terms of time saved through standing, and when I don't already optimize more easilly optimized aspects of my life to save bigger sections of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    You can't just SAY that it's quicker and have it be true, and you can't say that it being quicker is your motivation unless you're trying so shave off every millisecond from other tasks, too. It's ridiculous to say "I stand instead of sit because it's half a second quicker to stand, and that will save me 6 minutes per year on average" if you spend more than 6 minutes per year wasting time doing stuff like arguing on the internet, or with your spouse, over what the correct way to pee is, or doing literally anything other than living your life 100% optimally. It's stupid.

I don't believe it's quicker to stand or sit. One may come out slightly faster on average, I doubt it, but even if I could stand to pee, I still wouldn't on account of there are obvious benefits to sitting in terms of hygeine, avoiding arguments, whatever you like, take your pick, and but only POTENTIAL and MARGINAL benefits in terms of time saved through standing, and when I don't already optimize more easilly optimized aspects of my life to save bigger sections of time.
    That is literally what you are doing. You told me I can't do it, then went ahead and did it yourself.

Its just factually quicker. If you can't figure out why, thats not really my problem, as you made the original claim and haven't sufficiently shown this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    Both parties should put the seat down after use. That's really the only fair way.
    That's like saying everyone has equal marriage rights because they are able to marry the opposite sex.

I always lower and then flush. Its just more sanitary that way but Im OCD about cleanliness, so Im sure that Im the exception.

7+ Year Old Account
    This reminds me of another ridiculous situation that a couple of my ex-girlfriends freaked out about : how the toilet paper roll is put on the toilet paper dispenser. Am I alone in never paying attention to which way the roll goes on the dispenser? A couple of my ex's certainly made it seem so. The things some people get upset over...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    I always lower and then flush. Its just more sanitary that way but Im OCD about cleanliness, so Im sure that Im the exception.
    Same.
    {10char}

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    This reminds me of another ridiculous situation that a couple of my ex-girlfriends freaked out about : how the toilet paper roll is put on the toilet paper dispenser. Am I alone in never paying attention to which way the roll goes on the dispenser? A couple of my ex's certainly made it seem so. The things some people get upset over...
    People use the dispenser? Mine are just on the floor next to the toilet...

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    That's like saying everyone has equal marriage rights because they are able to marry the opposite sex.
    That is the worst comparison you could come up with. Please explain why men are expected to adjust the seat but women aren't. Do you favor many double standards?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    People use the dispenser? Mine are just on the floor next to the toilet...
    That definitely works just fine as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post

And it's not debatable. Don't even try.

Quote Originally Posted by Moratori View Post
    People use the dispenser?
    Of course.

Mine are just on the floor next to the toilet...
    Savage.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    That is the worst comparison you could come up with. Please explain why men are expected to adjust the seat but women aren't. Do you favor many double standards?
    What? That's the opposite of the argument I was making. I was suggesting that women should be expected to adjust the seat for their needs, and men for theirs. Which is not the same thing as both parties putting the seat down.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post

And it's not debatable. Don't even try.

Of course.

Savage.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland