Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    And that's what count, if you ask me! As long as the pay off is worth it, I don't mind if the road to get there is a little off.
    While I sort of agree, the thing is that Netflix controls the episode count and stuff. It's not a movie, no theater run time, it's not a tv series that has to fluff 23 episodes out with winter breaks and stuff.

Almost everyone that watches them will do so within a one month subscription time. If you are subbing JUST for this show, it doesn't matter if it's 9 episodes or 13 or 20.

I mean, it's the perfect format for a writer/ director to tell his story over his required time frame, why come up with even more arbitrary rules?
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

I know right? It's not like the news reporting him as being bulletproof was a major part of the story, and there was a whole section where it went viral, complete with people walking around in similar, bullet riddled outfits .
    Still, lotta things that go viral on the net don't even crack the awareness of actual major news reports. For that matter, how viral did it actually go? Harlem isn't a very large area in the grand scheme of things, and do you think people were walking around in bullet riddled outfits in LA and Miami and Dallas?

I know right? It's not like the news reporting him as being bulletproof was a major part of the story, and there was a whole section where it went viral, complete with people walking around in similar, bullet riddled outfits .
    I think that's the reason why they didn't even if it was even post Sokovia. Before the cops could even start really investigating, let alone pass it up the chain the entire neighborhood of Harlem started embracing Cage. if they sent people in to hunt him they would have massive civil unrest.

Imagine a full government manhunt for a black dude in a hoodie in Harlem today, let alone for a dude that was widely considered a hero, whoever signed off on that is going to lose his job.

Given the fact that all they knew about Cage was that he was strong and bullet proof i doubt they thought it was worth it, its not like hes a big green monster like Hulk, or a creepy girl with red energy powers, that people were afraid of, or was see publicly killing innocents, accidental or not, or had special powers that could cause mass destruction. SW had all of those things going against her and was a much more public figure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Still, lotta things that go viral on the net don't even crack the awareness of actual major news reports.
    Very true... But you can bet your ass SHIELD has people monitoring any sign of supposed "Powered" people. And you know they would follow up on a supposedly bulletproof dude, once they heard about it. I don't mean they'd be sending in the troops and going full throttle to bring him in or anything, but they WOULD have at least dispatched an agent. Especially considering their were police reports about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I think that's the reason why they didn't even if it was even post Sokovia. Before the cops could even start really investigating, let alone pass it up the chain the entire neighborhood of Harlem started embracing Cage. if they sent people in to hunt him they would have massive civil unrest.
    Again, they don't need to send people in. There's no need for a fleet of cop cars to storm into Harlem and start questioning people, they have their ways and they can be quite subtle... When they choose to.

But even if we forget aallllll of that, even if we pretend that the people in charge in the marvel universe are as stupid as the ones in charge in reality... The Sokovia Accords were a HUGE deal, someone was running around Harlem who was clearly bulletproof... SOMEONE would have mentioned them, even if it was just one throw away line, they could/should have included it, but they didn't. Which makes me think that these series all take place pre civil war, and possible even pre Age of Ultron.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I mean finding a specific black dude Harlem inst going to be easy, especially when almost every black dude is emulating him. Hes basically the folk hero of Harlem at the end of the series, it would be hard even figuring out where the facts begin. The men of Harlem are his disguise.

Your average Joes really wouldn't care about the accords, not unless you had a "scary" power, or have a public hero running around. Iirc the only video evidence of Cage is crappy dashcam footage when he is fighting the cops, blocking the bullets and throwing one on a car, he operates mostly at night. Where Spidy is swinging around and lifting cars in broad daylight. Most Harlemites see Cage as dude who is cleaning up Harlem not a freak with powers.

Spidey is stronger has weird ass web powers and is running around in broad daylight fighting crime in a weird ass costume. If he was going relatively noticed it would be odd ya, but not imho Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    what is your reasoning behind hating jessica jones? (i thought it was awesome)
    It was too slow for me. Some episodes I found entertaining, but overall it just didn't click for me. I understand the concept of the retired superhero turned detective, don't get me wrong. At first I was on board.

Then it was a lot of "Yeah, I fought during the alien invasion etc etc" but her superpower was essentially breaking locks when the plot needed it. Otherwise, Jessica's powers would fail her in scenarios where she could easily just rock everyone. I love David Tennant as an actor, but I found Kilgrave so boring most of the time. I just didn't find the confrontation between him and Jessica to be all that exciting.

I believe the reason why I didn't like Jessica Jones is because mainly, it's a drama. A slow drama dealing with anxiety, depression, feelings of being used and abused that focuses on Jessica's psyche. I hated it cause it could've been so much more in my opinion and it fell short for me.

Again, I'm not saying the show is trash. There is certainly some value to it and other people are also free to like it. But most of the time, while watching it, there was more eye rolling and angry shouting at the TV because of all the plot devices and inconsistencies than there should've been. That's just my opinion.

The thing with Jess is she falls into that awkward spot where she has super strength but she doesn't have the speed or durability to use it properly. Iirc she cant even fly, the one thing that would give her and edge she jumps longish distances. But ya the show ended up being more of a psychological drama.

Jess couldn't really ever use her strength because Kilgrave always had bystanders that could be hurt. This show showed how sometimes it might just be better to kill an evil fucker instead of bringing him in, but Jess wanted to exonerate Hope, and wanted people to know what Killgrave was, it was basically her last shred of idealism, that quickly went up in smoke.

She would have been better off snapping Kilgraves neck when she had the chance, less people would have died, and she could have tryed to use her strenghth to break Hope out.

I liked it as much as DD but i can see its not everyone's cup of tea

I think Luke is on the watchlist, but I don't think he's a priority target as of yet. Coulson's ground team in S1 was a bit of that, they'd hit the location and do their thing. After their... "cerebro" and picking up where a ton of inhumans were around the globe, they couldn't grab everyone all at once.

Luke is low key enough, yet "You can't be lowkey if people are blowing up buildings to try to take you out" so... yeah. To me, Coulson would have had someone talk to him to see where his head was at, keep an eye on him. So for there to not even be that, has me thinking this is firmly before the Accords. Harlem wouldn't give two fux about Sokovia, but the Watchdogs would certainly care quite a bit about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Confirmed that we won't be seeing any dragons in Iron Fist, because the budget wouldn't cover it...

Fail.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

22 mins into Ironfist - and I'm loving IT. Aside from JJ which i liked but was not too hot, DD, LC, and now IF are amazing

Maybe i like IF quite a lot, therei s such a fantasy about it. the whole lost story, and he comes back, no one believes him, but he's got something definitely cool about him, just hte right degree of mystery and fascination - and relatability - maybe cos i'm a guy i relate.. and he seems a real decent guy too.

trying to pin point what i like about it so far, 22 mins in, and the answer is EVERYTHING !!!!! been a while since i fell in love with a series, 2016/17 season has not been the strongest year for tv series

I'm about a quarter into episode 2. I like it so far, I can see the complaints about it being a bit slow though. And they keep showing us the exact same scene from the plane crash which just annoys me at this point. The rest of it has been very good!

Another thing I like about Ironfist (also DD, LC, JJ) is how they bring the MARVEL universe to the real world.

There is a far greater real element to it than you see in the bigger movies and series like Agents of Shield. THe extraordinary still feels extraordinary and not run of the mill/everyday. He talks about Ironfists and the Docs think he's looney, which makes the world feel a lot more ordinary.

The way its crafted, something especially unique in our typical crazy world.

And didn't you just love the start, guy in dirty clothes, homeless vibe, strolls about into corporate building, like its the most natural thing, totally oblivious to the customs and how people would regard him - like what's the big deal, clothes are just clothes ... love it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm about a quarter into episode 2. I like it so far, I can see the complaints about it being a bit slow though. And they keep showing us the exact same scene from the plane crash which just annoys me at this point. The rest of it has been very good!
    the wonder of the openign 30 mins is enough to sustain you through the slow, especially when the rest of the season is 1 click away - but then so was DD and JC and LC they took a while to get going, but they built a sound framework, strong character basis - i mean if they combine them together in a team, you'd have an audience that would be far more intimate with the characters than on any other show, as each character got his own series. DD got 2.

only good is daredevil and all other including this is bad or just shit

Just finished episode 2, - i remembered during the last scene, that he said earlier pain focuses his chi, the more he receives the more powerful he begins - that's kinda like warriors and rage in WoW - so i knew what was going to happen, and I must have worn this foolish smile on my face as I watched for the inevitable. Knowing it was coming didn't make it any less cool.

Bah, i don't know what they are doing with Star Wars .. but hi tech sci-fi stuff and fancy acrobatics/sword play with a touch of magic like abiliteis were alway really cool there, and Rogue 1 and Ep 7 had so little of that ... shows like IF show you can do super powers, fancy choreography and still be quite good, shouldn't change if you're in a high tech setting at all or space. On to episode 3

- - - Updated - - -

Asian chick is still mean to him .. afterall that? that's cold [start of episode 3]

Oh and I actually like the fight scenes. Its a very fluid style, where each move carries into the next.

approx 24:30 into 3rd episode
    Danny Rand: Why is everyone on at me about how I look?
    Lawyer: Its New York city, it matter!

I feel you man

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I actually like the fight scenes. Its a very fluid style, where each move carries into the next.
    yeah, it's good, quite good actually, not Into the Badlands good ofc, (season 2 starts tonight), but very good - which brings me back to wtf was Episode 7 Farce re-Awakens?

IF they kept anything from George Lucas' episode 1-3 it should have been the cool fights, farce miracles and futuristic hi-tech vistas.. but no... wastelands and rural areas again, like it's 60s and we don't have tach for that or are on a very low budget

- - - Updated - - -

wait,a anyone watch the recent Ultimate Spiderman cartoon series? is this the same ironfist as the fellow on spiderman's team with Nova, powerdude and catgirl?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    wait,a anyone watch the recent Ultimate Spiderman cartoon series? is this the same ironfist as the fellow on spiderman's team with Nova, powerdude and catgirl?
    Yeah its supposed to be the same character.

I know it's not oscar worthy, but the MEecham bro and sis are just enough real and just enough bitch to impress me - they are not painted as all out douchebags although they're douchie enough for the task, with just enough complexity.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I know it's not oscar worthy, but the MEecham bro and sis are just enough real and just enough bitch to impress me - they are not painted as all out douchebags although they're douchie enough for the task, with just enough complexity.
    I would say Ward is a huge douchebag.

Ep 4: around 9mins 40 seconds in
    Ward: Be careful about him Danny, he's not a replacement for your dad. The only person Harold cares about is Harold !

and the music is playing in the background - sense of foreboding - score 100

Love how Joy describes her brothers smile too before the Patel meeting .... for a second i thought they were going to have really twisted sexual moment.

I

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah its supposed to be the same character.
    thought so, although the spiderman version is a lot more Zen in the way he speaks. It would be nice if at least one of the 4 new heroes was a rich dude and Danny got his company back or had that part about him. It's not the typical super hero mould, but it's nice every now and then, you do get quite tired of rundown/downtown slummy areas making up most of the scenery, and while much of the quality content is had in such settings, its nice that shows on that level have an alternative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    only good is daredevil and all other including this is bad or just shit
    glad to disagree with you there. One thing i found refreshing about DD, LC and IF is a refershing integrity in the superhero almost absent in most current portrayals, I really like that IF continues this in. Sure it really gets tested, by... life, but they show where they are true heroes, by stick to upright decisions. an example is how Danny sticks to his guns concerning the drugs - and unlike DC comic's superman portrayals, it doesn't come off as naieve.

Love how he enters the room and everyone has to shift their chairs round so he can sit next to the pretty girl.

The guy who plays Ray Palmer in Legends, didn't he play superman in one of the movies? Isn't that like bad for the franchise? to be superman and now to be this guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Apartment/elevator fight seen..so cool episode 4, around 30 mins in.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-03-17 at 05:43 PM.