Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Omg...Wasn't it her lackey that Varimtharas or whatever that red Dreadlord name was got him to do his bidding to make it look like the Forsaken did the deed or I'm wrong?
    Sylvanas...Omg..*Shocked*
    Sylvanas didn't plan the Wrathgate, however:

a.) She did order the Forsaken Blight to be created. We saw during that and Hillsbrad's quest chain in Vanilla that the Blight, at the least could kill Humans and Undead at the time of those tests, and didn't apparently keep up with the development of the Blight to see it somehow being developed to kill Orcs and Trolls and Tauren, ect.

b.) She put Putress in charge and seemingly didn't keep an eye on him or what was going on, which is uncharacteristic of such a controlling character

c.) She allied herself with a Dreadlord, perhaps the sneakiest and most manipulative Demonic race that exists and didn't keep him on a short leash after his short stint of probation in Frozen Throne.

Although all of this ultimately falls on Thrall's shoulders as the unilateral dictator (He may be nice but the Warchief is a dictator position) of the Horde; letting Sylvanas do whatever she wanted until it blew up in her face.

So, no, she's definitely not responsible for the Wrathgate's planning and execution. But her incompetence, willful ignorance, or disinterest in the activities of her own forces ended up biting her right in the ass and made her even more distrusted than she already was.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-18 at 02:09 AM.

Is important to remember Tomb isn't opening with 7.2 and probably won't for a couple months so we won't get any finality on KJ's story arc for awhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw, there doesn't happen to be a summary of all the lore spoilers is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Anyone got a summary of the new Anduin questline?

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    Anyone got a summary of the new Anduin questline?
    Essentially you find Varian's compass on the Broken Shore and bring it back to Anduin, this prompts some aside dialog with Genn and Velen who are at odds with how to approach Anduin (the former wants him to shelve his grief while the latter feels he needs to express and get past it). You and Anduin walk the streets of Stormwind with him in his disguise, then he decides to leave for the Broken Shore to see where his father met his end.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    a.) She did order the Forsaken Blight to be created. We saw during that and Hillsbrad's quest chain in Vanilla that the Blight, at the least could kill Humans and Undead at the time of those tests, and didn't apparently keep up with the development of the Blight to see it somehow being developed to kill Orcs and Trolls and Tauren, ect.
    A weapon capable to kill the undead is most likely going to kill everything else, like pretty much all weapons. It all depends from the decided usage, not the targets the weapon is capable or not to kill.

b.) She put Putress in charge and seemingly didn't keep an eye on him or what was going on, which is uncharacteristic of such a controlling character
    That's the thing, she doesn't seem that kind of character at all. Just look at Godfrey or Galen; they've been left doing all the fuck they wanted until the both of them didn't turn traitors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Really guys? It gets so extremely annoying if you start to argue about why some character did something in the past. The problem is it's like Schrödingers Cat: you will never know until the developer opens the box. So please guys let's discuss about the UPCOMING patch and not about WotLk...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Genn is probably the most down-to-earth, practical leader of the Alliance. He's not high on principles.

Can I trust you? If not, I'll do things all by myself. The Alliance can't trust the Horde, we'll do things on our own, even against the Legion. It's even more dangerous to have that "friend" who will stab you in the back.

Is it efficient? Keeping orcs in internment camps is too costy, we should kill them all and end this once and for all. You want to keep them anyway? Fine, I'm leaving, I'll do things on my own.

Genn is less arrogant than in the second war, but he's still Genn.
    Yeah but you don't have that luxury when fighting Burning Legion. Thinking you can stave them off by yourself is moronic IMO.

At least that's how Legion should be portrayed. Villains portrayal always suffer in MMO because players are so awesome and powerful but I still think Blizz could've made more effort to make Burning Legion look a little more competent.

Genn's behaviour so far was self destructive. Doesn't matter what Forsaken did to you, Legion will do much worse. Focus on repeling them first and after they're gone make move against Sylvanas. He's supposed to be seasoned & experienced, not foolish & rash.
    (Only thing I like is how he freed Eyir & denied Sylvanas immortality, but this whole war Forsaken vs Worgen in the middle of the war with demons is ridiculous.)
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-03-18 at 10:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    Genn's behaviour so far was self destructive. Doesn't matter what Forsaken did to you, Legion will do much worse. Focus on repeling them first and after they're gone make move against Sylvanas. He's supposed to be seasoned & experienced, not foolish & rash.
    (Only thing I like is how he freed Eyir & denied Sylvanas immortality, but this whole war Forsaken vs Worgen in the middle of the war with demons is ridiculous.)
    Unfortunately self destrucive dumbass is perfectly in character. Allies would like support paying for the internment camps of all those orcs we captured? We will build a wall to keep them out and hope that we don't get any kind of plague or infestation, or that we don't get attacked by that incredibly vulnerable back entrance by sea. Oh shit, both of those happened, guys we messed up and we're really really sorry please let us back in the alliance. Incredibly difficult and tense situation where we're putting garrosh on trial? Wait, only Garrosh? Fuck that, all the horde should be on trial! Even the ones who were instrumental in stopping him! Whats that, demons? Thats nice, but have you considered I am very angry at that one lady?

Perfectly in character though,Greymane is the second most scumbag human king, he is only surpassed by Aiden Perenolde.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Perfectly in character though,Greymane is the second most scumbag human king, he is only surpassed by Aiden Perenolde.
    Yeah I thought the whole point of Wolfheart was that he changed. But looks like not.

Yeah I thought the whole point of Wolfheart was that he changed. But looks like not.
    In his age? He seemed to be rather set in his ways. The guy is ancient and by all means should die of old age in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Maybe the Worgen curse extends life?

Btw I would not place ALL the blame on Genn. I mean what was Anduin thinking sending Rogers with him and not expecting them to escalate shit.
    From Anduin it's expected that he'll make some mistakes as his young and didn't have time to properly learn how to be a king. Genn as an elder and one of Anduin's closest advisor should behave like an adult and think how to make Anduin's job easier not more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I have to disagree, I do not think Genn defines Sylvanas in any way; for her she is an annoyance towards her own target (Never die, keep my meat shields alive)
    I see in the Sylvanas vs. Genn dynamic a repetition of the Sylvanas vs. Arthas conflict - by killing Liam Greymane Sylvanas has perpetuated the cycle that Arthas started and created her own nemesis. Genn receiving the power of the Worgen Curse mirrors Sylvanas' empowerment through undeath and her dominion over the Val'kyr. As her power rises from corrupted death, Genn's is a product of corrupted life (e.g. an ancient Druidic curse grown out of control). Like most true mythological nemesis relationships they are equal and opposite and pitted against one-another in a way that can only end with both of their deaths or, if they somehow manage it, an end to conflict and a reconciliation with each other. I sincerely doubt the last is either desirable or achievable given the two's personalities - and so I think mutual destruction is the likelier outcome.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Can somebody give me the source of the cinematic data in 7.2.?

Deleted
    So Anduin gets Varian's sword, jej
    But I swear to god if he becomes this weird paladin king I will murder every living paladin alive including my own.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Anduin's whole thing is that he wanted to be a priest.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    He could always go a Holy Paladin, that still uses the Light to his effectiveness.

Still what were the other faction are up too?
    They still mad we Horde killed their King (It was obviously the Burning Legion), but they are blaming us for it.
    For the Horde!

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    He could always go a Holy Paladin, that still uses the Light to his effectiveness.

Still what were the other faction are up too?
    They still mad we Horde killed their King (It was obviously the Burning Legion), but they are blaming us for it.
    Genn is still mad at them I would assume, so is Rogers. Anduin was alerted about the legion as per rogue campaign iirc.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

And now he'll realize that in war, he is better off being a paladin. And his whole thing was non-violent solutions, up until the Legion disenchanted his dad and he realized there are some enemies with which you can never have peace.
    That is when you embrace shadow magic and don't wear plate armor, after all he knows he is far more gifted in the magical arts.

Come on guys the obvious thing is obvious:

Anduin is a Shockadin.

THEY'RE BRINGING IT BACK.

(A man can hope)