Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wish TV and movie companies would stop wasting money on these superhero bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Considering Rotten Tomatoes gave Jessica Jones a 93% and I hated the show, I think Im going to enjoy Iron Fist.
    Clearly you have taste, Jessica Jones was total shit.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Really? While I liked Luke Cage I would say its the weakest of the marvel netfix series.
    Agreed.

So far I am enjoying IF, not seeing what the critics are on about.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The nurse from DD , she's appeared in every single one of the shows, so has that lawyer woman... i wonder what role they're going to play with the whole team together.

It appears that Danny finds her hot too, so i guess the 3 males fancy her. but was it only DD that got romantic with her.

- - - Updated - - -

If it helps you can forget about rent this month
    -I already said no to that
    Erm. I bought your building, I'm your new landlord
    -sigh
    Well is that a yes?
    - I want the leak under my sink fixed

Loved it: Episode 5: 26 mins 45 secs in approx

So if I've not finished Luke Cage, will I be spoiled if I watch Iron Fist first?
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    So if I've not finished Luke Cage, will I be spoiled if I watch Iron Fist first?

I dunno, I haven't finished watching this yet. But i noticed there is very very little cross over except for the nurse and the lady lawyer.

I wonder if this is the MARVEL response to the DC quad of Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legends.

Deleted
    I love the caller ID: "Stein, Frank N."

One of my favorite quiets "I don't care about the money" "It's the only language they speak"

Is it me or does that 1 song they played a few times sound like the theme to Stranger Things, so far I'm liking the show about to start EP7.

He should of used the Iron Fist on her when they hooked up in E7, after all she did ask to see it
    Last edited by Gemini Soul; 2017-03-18 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    He should of used the Iron Fist on her when they hooked up in E7, after all she did ask to see it
    that was dirty...

I don't like how the actor managed his emotional turmoil when he was on the plane in view of his 15 years of training. But bear in mind he's mid-twenties, so still has a measure of vulnerablity, but that's not the buddhist way is it. - but then that might be the point

Something i never understood about this, if he owns 51% and they vote him out what happens to that 51% he owns is it legally forced buyout at market value?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, just finsihed the series... I REALLY liked it. Way better than Luke Cage, which started strong but ended so so so badly. It's not quite to the peak of Daredevil, but I'd put it around, maybe a little bit higher than Jessica Jones.

Acting is solid. Finn is a bit weak as Danny, but I'm not sure how much of that is him being bad and how much is the... Slightly strange direction they chose to take the character in... Either way, the supporting cast MORE than make up for it.
    The Meachams are superb, managing to be very real... Bouncing back and forth between utterly detestable one moment and oddly relateable the next. Very well done!
    Hoggarth is CRIMINALLY underused, she should have been in way more...
    Claire Temple continues to be the Lynchpin that holds the whole MarvelFlix universe together, and she's doing an excellent job of it (plus, dear gods did you see those leg *drools*)

Sadly, the one part where they REALLY needed to pull it out of the bad... They've kinda dropped the ball: Fight Choreography.

It's not bad! Not by any stretch, but when you're making a show about possibly the greatest martial artist in the Marvel Universe, the bar is set pretty damn high and I just don't think they quite hit the level.

Although... That Drunken Master fight in episode 8 was OUTSTANDING. Easily my favourite fight in the whole show.

Overall, it was a solid show, no real surprise the critics got it wrong. I think it was obvious from the start that they just didn't want to give it a chance. I really enjoyed it though and it's got me crazy hyped for The Defenders, coming real soon!

Now if you'll excuse me... I REALLY need some sleep *snore*
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Okay, just finsihed the series... I REALLY liked it. Way better than Luke Cage, which started strong but ended so so so badly. It's not quite to the peak of Daredevil, but I'd put it around, maybe a little bit higher than Jessica Jones.

Acting is solid. Finn is a bit weak as Danny, but I'm not sure how much of that is him being bad and how much is the... Slightly strange direction they chose to take the character in... Either way, the supporting cast MORE than make up for it.
    The Meachams are superb, managing to be very real... Bouncing back and forth between utterly detestable one moment and oddly relateable the next. Very well done!
    Hoggarth is CRIMINALLY underused, she should have been in way more...
    Claire Temple continues to be the Lynchpin that holds the whole MarvelFlix universe together, and she's doing an excellent job of it (plus, dear gods did you see those leg *drools*)

Sadly, the one part where they REALLY needed to pull it out of the bad... They've kinda dropped the ball: Fight Choreography.

It's not bad! Not by any stretch, but when you're making a show about possibly the greatest martial artist in the Marvel Universe, the bar is set pretty damn high and I just don't think they quite hit the level.

Although... That Drunken Master fight in episode 8 was OUTSTANDING. Easily my favourite fight in the whole show.

Overall, it was a solid show, no real surprise the critics got it wrong. I think it was obvious from the start that they just didn't want to give it a chance. I really enjoyed it though and it's got me crazy hyped for The Defenders, coming real soon!

Now if you'll excuse me... I REALLY need some sleep *snore*
    I'm on episode 10 atm, and i had no idea he was supposed to be marvels graetest martial artist with a super power of being able to harness his chi - reminds me of the monk class and a wow lore, though they harness the 5 elements, and anything to do with elements just slingshots tot he shaman - hmm, nature too incdientally. I digress - he does seem to actually capture Madame Gaou fairly easily, something Daredevil coudlnt' do, but the fighitng wasn't impressive there by a long shot, and Ghaou didn't even do anything there - reminding me of Emperor Palpatine in star wars playing helpless to convert Anakin. Still, makes me wonder if he's supposed to be better at fights than daredevil

- - - Updated - - -

Episode 10 - i'm liking the new dimension of the hand revealed here, it's nice that its not so straight forward, gets you really considering new possibilities with that - very intriguing episode 9 leading into 10,

p.s. every time I think Danny is totally outmatched he seems to hold his own against tough opponents - I'm wondering if it is because he comes off as so vulnerable almost naive in a child-like manner so you think he is completely outmatched by the Gow's of their world and her associates.. DD it's the opposite, you expect him to best his opponents so easily and you're surprised when they actually take a toll on him, quite the opposite of IF. Still not sure who would win in a duel though.. i suspect maybe DD, but i'm feeling tha'ts more because he doesn't have the @Innocence@ of Danny - or maybe 2 seasons does that, 2 seasons with a lot of dark stuff

first of all i love the hero for hire characters as a whole but overall i didnt fall in love with ironfist on netflix. i have always seen ironfist as the chill laid back zenmaster who is the voice of reason and not an angry rage monster. but i guess that has more to do with me than the show. however the drunken fist battle was worth the price of admission which in this case was watching a lot of boring episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by doc1004 View Post
    first of all i love the hero for hire characters as a whole but overall i didnt fall in love with ironfist on netflix. i have always seen ironfist as the chill laid back zenmaster who is the voice of reason and not an angry rage monster. but i guess that has more to do with me than the show. however the drunken fist battle was worth the price of admission which in this case was watching a lot of boring episodes.
    yes, he does seem overly enraged in a few of the episodes that even took me aback abit -- sensationalization ofc - definitely not laid back/chilled

the Ironfirst in the Ultimate spiderman wore a costume and was clean shaven/hairless - quite the contrast to the hairy fuzzball of a man - i wonder if that's part of the hero's look or another adaptation to make him more...."hip"/relatable to guys

I still really like him though, but i can watch no more today.. I'll finish the last 3 tomorrow

Just finished it. It started good, but then got weaker. Especially the last episode was a huge letdown.

I would set it on a level with Luke Cage, but way behind DD.
    (Also i feel the "it's all my fault" mimimi,qq gets stronger with every series.)

I'm not sure he's stepping up from boy to man too well, but i'm at the point where he's still in transition, much of the "cuteness" is gone now, but the emo rage seems more teenie than tweenie, but you totally sympathize with the guy though - those revelations are stunners indeed.. no wonder he's in that state at the ened of episode 10

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Just finished it. It started good, but then got weaker. Especially the last episode was a huge letdown.

I would set it on a level with Luke Cage, but way behind DD.
    (Also i feel the "it's all my fault" mimimi,qq gets stronger with every series.)
    i'm feeling its getting weaker too, but at this point the massive revelations and final race are supposed to make up for brighter spots earlier on.. i don't think the actors do sgood a job later too. However DD also got a bit wearisome in parts of episode 6 through 10

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    I wish TV and movie companies would stop wasting money on these superhero bullshit.
    Funny, I wish they'd spend more on them
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

I'm on episode 12 now, I like the complications between the MEecham's, I like that its not so straight forward.. as Douchie as Ward is, he really does need help

Just finished the series. I really liked it. I don't understand why it's being rated so low on Rotten tomatoes, especially since I found it more interesting and intriguing than Jessica Jones. And the whole SJW charge of "HURRR DURRRR, CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!!" is complete and utter bullshit.

My favorite character was easily Ward, who at times I hated, sometimes felt sorry for, and sometimes actually liked. He has a genuine character arc that I really appreciated. Liked it a lot, I just wished that we could have gotten a cameo from one of the other Defenders, or the Punisher at some point.

In speaking of which, isn't that official? The Punisher is next and due at the end of 2017?
    Last edited by jimboa24; 2017-03-18 at 02:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm on episode 10 atm, and i had no idea he was supposed to be marvels graetest martial artist with a super power of being able to harness his chi - reminds me of the monk class and a wow lore, though they harness the 5 elements, and anything to do with elements just slingshots tot he shaman - hmm, nature too incdientally. I digress - he does seem to actually capture Madame Gaou fairly easily, something Daredevil coudlnt' do, but the fighitng wasn't impressive there by a long shot, and Ghaou didn't even do anything there - reminding me of Emperor Palpatine in star wars playing helpless to convert Anakin. Still, makes me wonder if he's supposed to be better at fights than daredevil
    Yeah, my one main complaint is that they really messed up his Chi powers... I think they decided to go with a younger, way less experienced Iron Fist, he doesn't seem like someone who has spent 15 years in intense martial arts training to become one of the greatest martial artists in the world. Still not as bad as what they did to the Bride of Nine Spiders though .

As for the spoilered section Yeah, Gao went down way too easily, but I think Aizen style, that was all part of her plan. I think she wanted to get into Bakuto compound, for the big reveal that they were Hand too, to get Danny all pissed off.

As for Iron Fist vs Daredevil in a fight... I think they've clashed a couple of times and it's generally been pretty even. However, they've not clashed since Iron Fist received his most recent power up, so it's possible that he would win now.

One thing I noticed though... Not sure if it's a mistake on the writers part, or hints of a future plot twist? They mentioned repeatedly that he was trained by the Order of the Crane Mother... That's NOT the order that he was trained under in the comics, and in fact is the Order that Davos starts working with once he becomes a bad guy. Could it be that they're setting up K'un Lun as a bad guy in the future, or did they just get their orders mixed up?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30