Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Oh, get the hell out of here with that. Prejudiced people getting upset when it's pointed out that they're prejudiced was not "why Trump won". If the put-upon bigot vote is that big in the USA, you guys have much bigger problems than Trump.
    No, what your bullshit here is doing is making liberals look like fucking overprivileged snowflakes throwing a tantrum over a goddamn dad joke. And then Trump's dumbass rhetoric starts sound like it has some truth to it. The fact that you absolutely refuse to acknowledge it is what's so depressing. Your same ignorant defiance is identical to Trump's pretending he's always right and has all the answers.

The fact that you have doubled down on this retarded "SEXIST/BIGOT!" for EVERYBODY that does anything remotely not-pc is just....its flat out astounding.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-18 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Sexist jokes are;
    A> only funny to sexists, and
    B> still sexist.

Because his "joke" was obviously sexist? It literally demeans women. That's the whole "joke", making fun of women. Sorry, I don't see the humor. It's like making a joke about "how greedy Jews are", or "how dumb black people are". Those are just racist statements. People who aren't prejudiced don't find them funny in the first place.
    ... What. Can you record a clip of you saying that with a straight face?

It's not "I beat my wife for looking at me" sexist, but making a sexist joke isn't "okay" just because you're trying to be funny.
    Nobody is hurt by a joke. No reason to go full witch hunt mode when nobody is hurt.
    Last edited by Moratori; 2017-03-18 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Holy fuck.

Whelp here comes Trump 2020.
    Endus is Canadian, his impact on our elections is pretty minimal, despite his outspoken and unasked for opinions on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Endus is Canadian, his impact on our elections is pretty minimal, despite his outspoken and unasked for opinions on them.
    ...I'm not talking about him personally. I'm talking about liberals who act like him. Of which there are still way more than should be since Trump fucking won partially due to their dumbassery.

Its like a person legitimately trying to call Louis CK a homophobe for his faggot joke because he used the word faggot.

Because his "joke" was obviously sexist?
    The joke here is that he posted this tweet on international women's day, the joke works in two ways.

A) It subverts expectations of what you expect someone to tweet on that day.
    B) It makes fun of real people who REALLY hold beliefs like this and turns them into a joke.

boo hoo. You snowflake conservatives are such crybabies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I think it depends on whether or not weapons are allowed or its a strict free-for-all-no-weapons brawl.
    I would still say without firearms they would massacre them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of which there are still way more than should be since Trump fucking won partially due to their dumbassery.
    Trump won due to your gullible idiots who voted and your ass backwards electoral system.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Trump won due to your gullible idiots who voted and your ass backwards electoral system.
    ...what? lol. I voted against Trump for Clinton, even after the Dems fucked my actual candidate over. I spent the entire general election on the threads talking about how dumbass liberal extremism like Endus' bullshit is going to fuck us over and get Trump elected.

Sexist jokes are;
    A> only funny to sexists, and
    B> still sexist.
    Guess I'm sexist, racist, anti-semite who likes slapstick and gallows humor. If my what I found funny was a blood type, I'd AB+; I'd find practically any kind of humor funny but could tell a joke to save my life.

take my wife, please

*sexist violin playing*

10+ Year Old Account
    No, what your bullshit here is doing is making liberals look like fucking overprivileged snowflakes throwing a tantrum over a goddamn dad joke.
    As opposed to the overprivileged snowflakes, to use your term, rushing to this guy's defense?

It's the same damn thing. The difference is that the ones you're upset about are taking issue with women being denigrated, and you folks are taking issue with a sexist remark being called a sexist remark.

Don't pretend that outrage is somehow a uniquely left-wing thing. This entire thread is outrage because a comment was pointed out as being sexist. Why the apologism for sexism? How is THAT the hill you want to die on?

The fact that you have doubled down on this retarded "SEXIST/BIGOT!" for EVERYBODY that does anything remotely not-pc is just....its flat out astounding.
    The problem is that what you describe as "not-PC" is, by definition, some variation of sexist or racist or whatnot.

Why get so upset that a comment like this is correctly described? Why is the anger directed at those who pointed it out, rather than the guy who made it? That's mind-boggling.

Comedians have been using shock value for a very long time, some folks are just too thin skinned to take it. Imagine if if every comedian that cracked a joke about jesus or white people were forced to resign, and how few would remain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what? lol. I voted against Trump for Clinton, even after the Dems fucked my actual candidate over. I spent the entire general election on the threads talking about how dumbass liberal extremism like Endus' bullshit is going to fuck us over and get Trump elected.
    If a guy getting called a sexist for making a sexist joke means Trump wins forever, you guys have bigger problems than people like me, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...what? lol. I voted against Trump for Clinton, even after the Dems fucked my actual candidate over.
    I wasn't referring to you as "gullible idiots". I meant morons like the coal state voters who believed Trump would "bring back coal jobs" (no such thing is going to happen for basic economic reasons, regardless of slashing regulations and the killing/maiming that will result from them) or the old fools who thought he wouldn't fuck them over by cutting Medicare, like he's now proposing.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Ok so some random guy makes a sexist comment on twitter and gets all this attention for it? My reaction is who cares?

As opposed to the overprivileged snowflakes, to use your term, rushing to this guy's defense?
    Congrats I'm not one of them. Maybe try addressing those people rather than deflecting. I don't give a shit about the dude.

It's the same damn thing. The difference is that the ones you're upset about are taking issue with women being denigrated, and you folks are taking issue with a sexist remark being called a sexist remark.
    No. It's not the same damn thing. Your righteous indignation is fucking horse shit meanwhile the realists over here are trying to tell you to cut the dumbass extremist shit out BECAUSE YOU'RE FEEDING RIGHT INTO TRUMP'S NARRATIVE.

Don't pretend that outrage is somehow a uniquely left-wing thing. This entire thread is outrage because a comment was pointed out as being sexist. Why the apologism for sexism? How is THAT the hill you want to die on?
    Jesus christ you can't help yourself, can you? The implications of supporting sexism. Because you can't defend your actual position beyond anything but tears. Is this 2013? I was hoping Trump's win would get it through extremists heads that their stupid strategy FAILED. It not only backfired on Clinton by turning the Democratic party into bickering between "BUT DA BERNIE BROS ARE SEXIST!" and "CLINTON IS A PC SHILL" but also fed directly into Trump's narrative about the Democrats being too PC.

What is it going to take, your own Canadian Trump? I hope it happens. I do now. Because you deserve it. Because maybe THEN you'll learn your lesson.

- - - Updated - - -

If a guy getting called a sexist for making a sexist joke means Trump wins forever, you guys have bigger problems than people like me, dude.
    How disingenuous.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-03-18 at 05:59 AM.

Going after people who haven't hurt anyone, because of a joke they made, is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I want to preface this by saying this is not about gender, race, etc. This is about a controversy and kind of about politics.
    ----------

If you don't know who Colin Moriarty is, he is a self-proclaimed Republican/Libertarian in gaming community/gaming journalism. Most recently in his career he co-founded Kinda Funny Games, a YouTube gaming channel.

A little while back on International Women's Day, some women started the #DayWithoutAWoman protest on twitter. In a incredibly harmless joke mocking this protest, Colin Moriarty made the following tweet:

Almost immediately a mass triggering occurred. People (especially among mainstream "games journalism") were accusing him of sexism, misogyny, even racism, somehow. His colleagues at Kinda Funny Games released an apology on his behalf (since he refuses to apologize, rightfully). A few days later he voluntarily resigned from Kinda Funny Games.

This kind of shit needs to stop.

Mr. Moriarty has described an outpouring of support he has received, but you won't see a lot of this support. He is getting it in private because people are afraid to publicly support him for fear they too would become a target of these absurd witch hunts.

Here is an interview Colin Moriarty had yesterday with Dave Rubin of The Rubin Report on the matter, I highly recommend you watch it in full:

I just wanted to draw attention to this because its getting ridiculous. It needs to end.

And no... I am not attacking the left, I am not endorsing the right... I am attacking the regressive left.
    Want to be taken seriously?

Stop using terms like "regressive left".

Well, it's just another day and twitter/social media outrage nitwits need *something* be outraged about.

Poor guy, a harmless, even lame joke of yesteryear is enough to ruin someone's life nowadays.

Poor babies.