Quote Originally Posted by Lagmonster View Post
    I just watched through it. They did some screwing around at first, but then did a default female ryder using the quick start and got that face
    who knows maybe it really is just bad lighting i'm tempted to make a Sara right now and find out

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post

Are you sure he didn't just make his own face? I'm trying my best to stay away from spoilers, but I skipped through and found that scene.
    I have no idea what's going on but afaik, none of the preset faces accurately matches her moles/spots where as this one does.

Strength Determination Merciless Forever

Armory

God those pony tail physics so good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    From what I've seen in gameplay videos, yep.

Health doesn't regenerate anymore (Well, the first 25% of your health bar does, the rest doesn't) and you don't carry medigel with you anymore. There's only 3 ways to replenish health: Leveling up, entering a camp/forward outpost, or using a medigel dispenser, which you find peppered around here and there in missions, but those have limited charges, usually 2 charges.

The other limiting factor is ammunition eventually you WILL run out, as enemies don't seem to drop ammo anymore, the only way to replenish your ammo is to visit a forward outpost, or find ammo boxes which are also peppered here and there in missions. The ammo boxes however are not like the ones in ME3 which dispensed unlimited ammo, these have also finite uses (About 4 uses).

Lastly there's the Life Support, which limits how much time you can be exposed in certain planets (or certain zones of certain planets) depending on how upgraded is your armor and your nomad. Once life support is over, you HAVE to go to a Forward Outpost which will recharge your Life Support energy for yourself and your vehicle.
    I see... Thanks for the explanation! Sounds like the exploration will be very atmospheric and intense. You start at a new planet with maybe a small base established and can't wander too far away, but as you explore it further and further, you build new bases, get upgrades, find caches with items, and by the end you feel on the planet like home. This is what I liked about DAI, this gradual progression through every zone, and I'm happy they implemented a similar mechanic here.

Speaking of ammo, I've heard that all weapons now have mods that change the ammo mechanic to Mass Effect 1-like overheating system. Is there any limitation to how much of that you can use, or is it a way to completely bypass the limited ammunition problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    It wont. They already said that the Nomad is meant to be a transportation method only, not intended for combat (asides from running over enemies)
    It doesn't do that very well.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Weird that this video has the default face so different from the normal one. Did Bioware sneakily change it? Or maybe they have an older version or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
    I have no idea what's going on but afaik, none of the preset faces accurately matches her moles/spots where as this one does.

One thing that really jumped out to me in the photos on the right is that the whites of her eyes don't look as bright as they do in the photos on the left. The eyes look more natural on the right and people in the comments of the video you linked have also taken notice. Also the lips on the right don't look as puffy as they do on the left and her eye color is different to the one on the left.
    Last edited by Smitzelplix; 2017-03-18 at 04:29 AM.

Probably another bug. Earlier in the stream the default female Ryder, whilst in the character creation menu, looks like the left one.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

7+ Year Old Account
    Is nobody mentioning the biggest issue why the face looks way way better?
    The lips (and thw whole face) looks smaller so FemRyder isn´t looking like a fucking frog anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    I downloaded the pre-load for the release (I don't have the trial) and it only downloaded 42.5gb. So either the minimum hard drive space needed is wrong or they are adding content at the day of release (or it has another download/streaming). It is also odd that the release pre-load includes the .exe for the trial version. When I try to run it I get asked to activate my product and to enter product code for <displayname field missing from registry>

There are a few folders called streaminginstall. I like the one called "restofgame"
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    I downloaded the pre-load for the release (I don't have the trial) and it only downloaded 42.5gb. So either the minimum hard drive space needed is wrong or they are adding content at the day of release (or it has another download/streaming). It is also odd that the release pre-load includes the .exe for the trial version. When I try to run it I get asked to activate my product and to enter product code for <displayname field missing from registry>

There are a few folders called streaminginstall. I like the one called "restofgame"
    Tell me you are trying to fuck with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Tell me you are trying to fuck with me.
    I'm assuming they deliberately withheld some of the game when pre-loaded so it can't be cracked.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I think imma just restart when the full game comes out, especially if they are patching a lot day one. Actually take my time with the cc instead of panicking through.

All of dad Ryders faces, i diden't take them and they are at a shitty angle but it shows you atleast.

10+ Year Old Account
    These Ryder face and eye changes, if legit, are a vast improvement. More than tolerable; Likable!
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    I think imma just restart when the full game comes out, especially if they are patching a lot day one. Actually take my time with the cc instead of panicking through.

All of dad Ryders faces, i diden't take them and they are at a shitty angle but it shows you atleast.

So along with how trash the female presets are, basically Bioware really really want you to play with the default appearance - because that's the best looking papa Ryder by far and even has unique facial hair.

Updated female default (yay, internet power won over the SJWs!)

Yeah, good lord is the updated version wwwaaaaayyyyyy better. Soften the edges, reduced eye size, smaller mouth. Whatever the lighting change between the two images is caused by helps a ton as well, much softer lighting that makes the scene overall easier to look at.

The old default was bloody nightmare fuel, super uncanney valley shit (IMO), never liked it at all. The new one looks pretty solid though, dramatic improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, the new one looks like a beauty contest participant, rather than a pathfinder. I like the face itself better, but I think it suits her less.

Besides, I don't see the point of changing the default appearance: do many people really play the default version, ignoring the whole CC functionality? To me it's always been one of the most fun parts, when starting a new game.
    Last edited by May90; 2017-03-18 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    So along with how trash the female presets are, basically Bioware really really want you to play with the default appearance - because that's the best looking papa Ryder by far and even has unique facial hair.

Updated female default (yay, internet power won over the SJWs!)
    What? What did any of this had to do with SJW's?

Are these those imaginary SJW's again? Anti-sjw's subvert more topics than SJW's actually appear or have any influence in. She and a few others lacked graphical consistancy with their counterparts. this brings them in line.

Those are good changes though. She still looks like what she's supposed to and still looks like she's related to her twin and father. Even more so infact. Thats a good custom face.

- - - Updated - - -

I feel Me:A has the same level of expression the other games hand, but it just keeps doing those close up shots of characters' faces more often during conversations.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-03-18 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    What? What did any of this had to do with SJW's?

Are these those imaginary SJW's again? Anti-sjw's subvert more topics than SJW's actually appear or have any influence in. She and a few others lacked graphical consistancy with their counterparts. this brings them in line.

Those are good changes though. She still looks like what she's supposed to and still looks like she's related to her twin and father. Even more so infact

- - - Updated - - -

I feel Me:A has the same level of expression the other games hand, but it just keeps doing those close up shots of characters' faces more often during conversations.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

SJWs sure do exist, butt we managed to beat them this time. Female Ryder is Lara Croft-esque now.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."

SJWs sure do exist, butt we managed to beat them this time. Female Ryder is Lara Croft-esque now.
    ....dude...just...what? You do realize people accused the new lara croft of being a SJW agenda for the same reasons you seem to state for Ryder right? This delusional vapidness isn't worth discussing, just like in every topic anti-sjw's attempt to poison as they actually become worse than what they falsely accuse SJW's of and end up damaging game and media franchises.

Moving on to topics that are actually relevant.

I really like the loadouts and profiles. I was worried it would ruin the replayability of future ryders but i realized there's a lot of messing around and you can still build specifically within a certain intended limit. So macro (class choice) and micro levels (ability line up+ talent choice) of variation still exist.

My first combination will be the following:

my loose plans for MEA in terms of the 4 profiles

Default active: Stealth sniper built to flank and sneak into position. Tech/biotics focused only on helping with disables/cc and positioning/escape.
    Close Combat: Vanguard style build with shotguns/melee with heavy defense. Reckless high risk/high reward open combat style.
    Strat build: A Caster build with as many casted tech/biotic abilities as i can manage. Lite weapon usage with a focus on offensive casting and any possible CC/disables. A strategic ability user who controls the flow of battle.
    Shits and giggles: Weapon Focused soldier with a few key biotic/tech abilities that are focused solely in the pursuit of more dakka.

This is just the general plan i set up. I'll change it along as I experience things ingame and judge whats best. I think i'll mostly focus on engineer/soldier combinations with a little biotic help.

My second character will be heavy biotics with engineer/soldier stuff as backup.