Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    "Gaming is cheaper now more than ever"
    And it is, You haven't disproved that.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And it is, You haven't disproved that.
    Well, 5 years ago games cost 50€ and a 3D movie/food was 20-30€ and an night out was 100€ - thats for my country/area. Dont know how it is for hillbillies somewhere in the middle of nowhere in the USA, but gaming was definitely cheaper 5 years ago for me than it is now. Which is the topic of this thread.

15+ Year Old Account

Jesus people watch the dam video.
    This one?

( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Deleted
    If you can't watch the video then your opinion is invalid since the thread topic is that of the video.

It gives many details that you may not know and you deciding to ignore them does not help your argument. Your salary or the opinion of DLC does not change it ether.
    And I can claim that watching that video would skew one's perception of the problem, making their opinion tainted and not applicable in the situation. Being dismissive is easy, yet leads to no answers.

Console games in Denmark cost ~75 euro brand new these days, whereas you got new games in the PS2 era for about 45 euro.

I'd say it kept up with inflation fairly well.

Gaming is cheaper than ever if you never buy dlc, microtransactions and season passes.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    And I can claim that watching that video would skew one's perception of the problem, making their opinion tainted and not applicable in the situation. Being dismissive is easy, yet leads to no answers.
    So learning fact's can skew one's perception? Sorry if there opinion isn't backed up by fact's.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Why? Games have not kept up with inflation and should cost $90-$120 US (or ur region equal). Games cost money to make,market and ship.

Did you not watch the video.

Edit: I do love how I put right in the title (watch video before commenting) and yet people can't seem to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

To be honest, I think this is why many don't understand the cost of games is cheaper now more then ever.

Ether they didn't buy there games when they was a kid or there a kid now who doesn't buy there own games.
    Don't really care about the inflation etc at the customers end all that matters is that what used to cost £35 now costs £45 and Digial content is amazing more expensive to download than buying the hardcopy..

So from a consumers pov no the games are not cheaper than they have ever been... there getting more expensive.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    So learning fact's can skew one's perception? Sorry if there opinion isn't backed up by fact's.
    One man's facts are other man's agenda.

You are factually wrong.
    What would a guy like you know about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    What would a guy like you know about it?
    Well its quite simple.

If you are comparing to 15 years ago, no they are not overpriced.

If you are just passing off a personal opinion that they are, then that's all you have is a personal opinion. Factually games are cheaper now then 15 years ago.

Last checked 15 years ago you didn't have f2p MMO's, You didn't have $20 or less indie games that you could drop 100 hours into and they be good quality games. Its almost like you can use this magical thing called the internet, Then look stuff up like this and compare.

Now it can very per-region on what that difference is.

15 year's ago you didn't have a service that was $20($15 a month if u got 3 month subs) a month and let you play over 400 games. The only thing that compared to this was subbing to a MMO monthly.

15 year's ago you didn't have service you could spend $60 a year on and get over 30 games a year (making them $2 or less each).

15 year's ago you didn't have steam sells or anything like it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-03-19 at 10:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The idea that games "should" cost more is a flawed one because that is not how markets work. Things cost exactly what people are willing to pay for them. You don't think publishers would charge $80-$100 per game if they could get away with it? Of course they would. They don't because no one would buy the game at that price, or at least far less people would. Inflation has nothing to do with it. This is also not unique to gaming. The vast majority of entertainment media is like this. The price of a new release DVD/Blu-Ray is pretty much the same as it was ~15 years ago, same with music CDs. And yet, I don't see movie studios selling a new copy of Doctor Strange for $20 and then releasing the special features like audio commentary and deleted scenes as a seperate add-on for $5 a few months after release.

I dislike the vast majority of DLC because most of it really is just simple cash grabs and ways for publishers to trick suckers into paying more for what used to just be part of a game's release. I have purchased exactly two pieces of DLC. Infamous: Festival of Blood and Far Cry:Blood Dragon. Why? Because they are what DLC should be. Developers taking an existing game's engine and assets and doing something separate and unique with them. Neither is needed in any way to get the full experience from the base game and yet both and entertaining and worth the money. If all DLC was like those, I would have no issue with it at all, but of course that is not the case.

Really, what was the point of this thread anyways? Are we as consumers supposed to all get together and send thank you letters to games publishers for not charging more for games or something? Hell no. As a consumer, my goal is to get the most for my money. We need to speak up and vote with out wallets when we see things we don't like, not just say "oh well, it could be worse." If everyone did that, we would still have things like online passes and consoles that require a constant internet connection and that cannot play used games at all. Also, stop pre-ordering games! Ever! There is zero reason to give a publisher your money before the game is even released! It just encourages them to spout out false promises and put out deceptive trailers for games! You would think things like No Man's Sky would have taught people this already, but I guess not.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    People that defend Paid DLC and Season passes which are just content pulled from the base game and resold later are the reason those pieces of shit concepts continue to thrive.

For as long as they exist I will use Websites that reduce the cost of both to around the same price of the base game.

The only Games I've willingly bought the Paid DLC for at full price are Bethesda and CDProjekt Red, since it is well worth the price.

- - - Updated - - -

Well its quite simple.

If you are comparing to 15 years ago, no they are not overpriced.

If you are just passing off a personal opinion that they are, then that's all you have is a personal opinion. Factually games are cheaper now then 15 years ago.

Last checked 15 years ago you didn't have f2p MMO's, You didn't have $20 or less indie games that you could drop 100 hours into and they be good quality games. Its almost like you can use this magical thing called the internet, Then look stuff up like this and compare.

Now it can very per-region on what that difference is.

15 year's ago you didn't have a service that was $20($15 a month if u got 3 month subs) a month and let you play over 400 games. The only thing that compared to this was subbing to a MMO monthly.

15 year's ago you didn't have service you could spend $60 a year on and get over 30 games a year (making them $2 or less each).

15 year's ago you didn't have steam sells or anything like it.
    15 years ago I didn't have a Smart Phone with Access to the Internet. Doesn't mean I should pay more now just because technology has moved forward.

saying we should accept stupid shit because our options weren't as good 15 years ago is just asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    People that defend Paid DLC and Season passes which are just content pulled from the base game and resold later are the reason those pieces of shit concepts continue to thrive.
    Only one game has ever been proven to be selling DLC that was pulled from the game. That game was Destiny, so can you prove they all do it?

Because I don't think you know how game development works.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only one game has ever been proven to be selling DLC that was pulled from the game. That game was Destiny, so can you prove they all do it?

Because I don't think you know how game development works.
    Basically any game with "Day 1 DLC" which is a LOT.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Content relative to the cost of most games is not always reflected however. That is what a lot of people seem to forget. I remember when N64 games cost more than current generation games do but I'd argue that those games had significantly more content, play time and replayability than many big budget titles.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the world of the online shop. There is a big reason why most PC players wont pay 60$ for a game anymore, because they understand that price should go down when you remove the pay for an sales employee and the shipment/making of actual discs. Nowadays many people buy online and only get to download their game without getting any reallife goods.

Also, over time with increased competition and better ways to produce and make games, price should natural go down, but for some it does not. This is why there are so many people who only buy games through humble bundle, steam-sales or old games who have gone down in price.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

I'm sure that $60 is not a price of games I saw 10+ years ago, so saying it is not getting more expensive is just lying. Hell some time ago collector's edition games were sold for even less than $60 ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I'm sure that $60 is not a price of games I saw 10+ years ago, so saying it is not getting more expensive is just lying. Hell some time ago collector's edition games were sold for even less than $60 ...
    Seems someone doesn't know History or Basic Math. Go adjust that $60 in 1995 to now and see the difference.

Chrono Trigger released at $80 in the US.
    http://fantasyanime.com/squaresoft/ctabout.htm

Also many N64 titles was $60 or more.

Edit: Also 10 years's ago was PS3,360 era and guess what.....those games was $60.

-snip-
    1990 - NES game $30-$45
    2005 - ps2 game $50
    2007 - pc game $40

I may exaggerate with collector's editions, but truth is games are getting more expensive every year - price do not change, but you have to pay for DLC already written on disc, pay for multiplayer on consoles, season pass, micropayments. I have a feeling you have no clue about REAL market and REAL history and instead you like to shout "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!".
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.