View Poll Results: Will 7.3 Bring A No-Fly Zone?

Voters
404. This poll is closed
  • Yes. Argus will be a no-fly zone and I am ok with that.

195 48.27%
  • No. Argus will not be a no-fly zone and I am ok with that.

17 4.21%
  • Yes. Argus will be a no-fly zone and I am NOT ok with that.

69 17.08%
  • No. Argus will not be a no-fly zone and I am NOT ok with that.

6 1.49%
  • Maybe, and I am ok with it.

39 9.65%
  • Maybe, but I am NOT ok with it.

14 3.47%
  • Maybe not, and I am ok with it.

3 0.74%
  • Maybe not, and I am NOT ok with it.

3 0.74%
  • Who knows and who gives a shit?

58 14.36%
  • OTHER - SEE MY POST (I have to explain it)

0 0%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    ofc Argus will be No-Flight, cuz pl need 2 enjoy the landscape (devs put so much effort in)...

some of those pixels were noseclicked, i mean facerolled, u get me :D

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    You do realise that ground mounts actually require more design? Flying has not got at all the same limits, no issues with terrain or invisible walls to scale, flying allows you to not interact with things like mobs and traversing the ground, hills and so forth too so quite frankly you're like the rest of the crowd who assume a completely unfounded and ignorant approach to game design.
    Say you live in a 3-leveld house, you need stairs to go each floor... If you can fly/float why do you need stairs? Someone has to make those stairs if you can't.

As for the thread, it's difficult to pin point, they might do since considering the terrain will be pretty messed up from the domination of Legion but Tanaan Jungle being a zone similar in terms of end-like content and a raid was flyable behind achievements but then that's where it was introduced compared to being earlier for Legion being 7.1 and 7.2.
    Actualy designing content that is engaging even tough you can fly is much much harder, which is exactly why Blizzard makes it impossible for us to fly, they don't know how to make engaging content and let us fly at the same time. You are thinking with a mindset that nothing new could've been made to acomodate flying, you are assumiong game design has to always folow certain rules and can't change, theres nothing ignorant in stating Blizz does not have the competence to develop content that is engaging even if we can fly. About your house example, maybe they could make a house with no stairs, no windows and instead some large tubes conecting each floor and throw a bunch of traps on each of the tubes, or leave the windows but put armed guards that cna shoot me while I try to fly from 1 floor to the next on them.

Since they failled at developing a game that allows us to fly and is still engaging they cut corners now and just come up with some dumb reason to why we can't fly anywhere even tough we have a freking dragon mount, or can turn into an owl etc.
    Last edited by DakonBlackblade; 2017-03-22 at 11:39 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing how blizzcon artwork shows a giant hole in the planet, with debris around it I'm afraid it will end up looking like Mardum/Dreadscar/Niskara but larger.

I hope it will be significantly larger to actually have ruins of the great city and not feel like a simple asteroid field but an actual planet.

I hope so, screw flying.

Yes, I will use flying to farm, because its efficient. Do I like it? Hell no.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted Yes - And I'm okay with that.

Flying should be restricted in all current content without exception. Just my opinion though.

It probably will. 7.3 will be Argus as Blizzard confirmed. I highly doubt the Legion homeworld will let us fly around on our shiny flying mounts. I picture something like what happened during Legion invasions. If you go too far up off the ground, you get zapped and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    Seeing how blizzcon artwork shows a giant hole in the planet, with debris around it I'm afraid it will end up looking like Mardum/Dreadscar/Niskara but larger.

I hope it will be significantly larger to actually have ruins of the great city and not feel like a simple asteroid field but an actual planet.
    There are datamined files of a very fel-infested 'Legion dungeon' with Draenei ruins in it. So I doubt Argus will be just a barren asteroid.
    Last edited by Elennoko; 2017-03-23 at 12:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine Argus will be a no fly zone but I don't care either way

argus should be a planet that focuses on air content as well might as well make it a first. Have half the planet with little shards of islands in the air with npcs/vendors/quest stuff. Like the way nagrand had their floating islands but nothing was there really was a missed opportunity. We worked so hard to get flying it should be the hallmark of access/features with argus. Those without flying should be restricted into only half the available content on the planet (less dailies/faction rep/ whatever it will be). perks of playing the game the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Yes it will, these separate zones are always no fly zones. The only reason Blizzard is even allowing us to fly is because they know 7.3 will ground us again. Since the devs are too incompetent to make content that accounts for fly mounts they make flying impossible so they can have an easier time designing quests.
    I'd be ok with flying if the whole world had those Skettis Kaliris. My god I hated flying in Skettis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Of course this is a lie. First, achievement required doing some stuff in Tanaan like now in Broken Shore, second flying was enabled on 6.2.2 if I remember correctly.

On topic, it should be no-flying until 7.3.5 or even 7.4 (if we will have 7.4 of course). Let us explore it on ground first.
    So, you are saying it is absolutely impossible for Argus to be treated exactly as Tanaan?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    So, you are saying it is absolutely impossible for Argus to be treated exactly as Tanaan?
    They could add a achievement for account wide "Argus Flying". Just how 7.2 has Legionfall revered as requirement for Broken Isles flying, they could have an argus faction requirement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Didn't you have to raise the rep in Tanaan Jungle first? And even then, I don't think they actually RELEASED flight with that patch, and instead added it long after.
    I didn't play WoD but had to do tanaan reputations to unlock flying after 7.0.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    It could be.

If it is, then I hope they bring back fel cannons. That'll teach some not to underestimate the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post

That would be interesting. A flight zone with floating ruins and buildings like Netherstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yes, it's called Argus. We are unlocking flying for broken isles in 7.2, Argus isn't part of the Broken Isles.
    That only means Blizzard is free to do whatever they want with it. Personally I think it would be a mistake to dangle the carrot of flying in front of players for this long, only to snatch it away again in the following patch.

Bit at this point I don't even care anymore. I'm done dealing with Blizzard's BS anyway.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-03-23 at 08:19 AM.

100% yes. Blizzard's flying philosophy has been the same for a few expansions now since MoP ToT patch), if the content is current, you can't fly there.
    Last edited by meroko; 2017-03-23 at 05:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Who knows...?

I mean, unless you're just looking for speculation.

I never understand the motivation for making these threads. You're asking people to make things up. And then the flying vs. no flying debate will take root here and R.I.P. thread.
    You know, there's a really funny study made on Human efficiency as a collective group, basically one of the experiments they made was to ask a bunch of ppl, from all ages and walks of life how much did a bull that was presented to them by the researchers weighted. Of course guesses were all over the place, but when calculating the average it was 200 grams of from the actual weight of the bull. If you consider that the average forum poster here has atleast 2 expacs experience of WoW thats more than 3/4th of those ppl had for measuring weight of a animal from eyeballing alone. Take it as you may but there is value in most things.

Imo no flying, just go for a history check, flying came in TBC but the island had no flying, Mists had 3 isles that came after release no flying in any, we get a new zone... besides blizzard always rants on how flying ruins the way zones are meant to be presented to us, so logically 2 strong arguments for a no go on flying in Argus

Blizzard have promised, that half of xpack's content will be content with flying available. But, knowing them, one should also know real value of their "promises".

P.S. Crap. I've voted for wrong item. No way to change my vote?

"Maybe, but I am NOT ok with it." - is right item.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-23 at 06:26 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

No flying *zones* are fine. If they make one in Argus, OK.

No flying *continents* aren't fine. Not being able to fly in Broken Isles for 8+ months is bad.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so. Or else it will feel Meh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard have promised, that half of xpack's content will be content with flying available. But, knowing them, one should also know real value of their "promises".

P.S. Crap. I've voted for wrong item. No way to change my vote?

"Maybe, but I am NOT ok with it." - is right item.
    Lel, always laugh when people use the word "promise" to throw hissyfits and go into tardrages since Blizzard specifically doesn't use that word entirely for that reason.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    That only means Blizzard is free to do whatever they want with it. Personally I think it would be a mistake to dangle the carrot of flying in front of players for this long, only to snatch it away again in the following patch.

Bit at this point I don't even care anymore. I'm done dealing with Blizzard's bullshit.
    Naaawww Boo Hoo. It's almost as if you don't HAVE to play the game or some to these forums to cry about how you don't want to play the game.

100% chance that flying will be disabled in the Argus zone. They've been doing this since Quel'danas. The only exceptions are areas where selectively disabling flying for new content is technically difficult (such as 5.1).

Quote Originally Posted by DakonBlackblade View Post
    Since the devs are too incompetent to make content that accounts for fly mounts they make flying impossible so they can have an easier time designing quests.
    Not too incompetent to do so, just simply can't be arsed. That is infinitely worse.