Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Right now, I expect the kill to cost at least 1 goldcap (10 million), as the guilds, that have downed him by now, don't have all their members decked out with the mount yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Right now, I expect the kill to cost at least 1 goldcap (10 million), as the guilds, that have downed him by now, don't have all their members decked out with the mount yet.
    If you think guilds wait until everybody on their roster has a mount to sell said mount, you are sorely, sorely mistaken. Gold trumps all and there are many players who'd prefer to get paid anyway.

Who cares about another mount? Don't you already have tons of them that you never use?

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Yes Cutting Edge disappears with ToS, but the mount will remain 100% drop. So as the expansion goes on Gul'Dan will be pretty easy on mythic and the price will drop considerably.
    most likely but the op is asking in the here and now not 8+ months down the track. he will be puggable by 7.3
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Who cares about another mount? Don't you already have tons of them that you never use?
    Its about collecting stuff. Like real life hobby of collecting something, but in game. I used to do that too.

Then WoD happened, Blizzard started putting dozens of reskins of same mounts on different vendors/sources that have nothing to do with mount....

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    But green one is much better IMO.
    I think so too.

DPS from EN to NH is radically different. That jump is going to be just as big if not bigger in ToS. Suddenly instead of having to deal with mechanics, you'll outdps and skip them with ToS gear/mythic NH. Instead of 64 guilds having killed him, it'll be 2,000. It'll be no different than Blackhands mount.

Also, people seem to be under the impression that inflation will make shit be way more expensive in legion than wod, but from what I've seen, there hasn't been radical inflation in legion - there is some, with class hall quests giving 1500, but the reason prices are crazy is a leftover from wod inflation, where they literally just threw money at you. And by the end of wod, mount prices were pretty cheap for every mount, from blackhand to arch.

But yeah, if you wanna buy right now, you probably shouldn't plan on spending in game gold. You should probably plan on spending $$$$$$.

lol Arch was almost 2 mil even when 500+ guilds had him on farm. Gul'dan hasn't even been killed by 70 guilds yet. The only guilds capable of doing it sure as shit aren't taking in game money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    lol Arch was almost 2 mil even when 500+ guilds had him on farm. Gul'dan hasn't even been killed by 70 guilds yet. The only guilds capable of doing it sure as shit aren't taking in game money for it.
    And Guldan is not the end of expansion boss. Guldan is comparable to Blackhand - which were selling for 100k by the end of the expansion. And toward the end of the expansion, guilds were selling arch mount for ~1m, you were getting wrecked if you were paying 2m.

And I can't imagine Guldan will be harder than blackhand was - sure the ring explosion made mythic BH a 3 minute fight on farm sales runs and boss was ezpz and Guldan is a fight that is about 2x longer baseline, but on the other hand two tiers sure makes a lot of difference. I imagine mythic Guldan will die a lot quicker and easier when players are hitting 2m dps rather than 700-800k and have 4m health as dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Killface1 View Post
    And Guldan is not the end of expansion boss. Guldan is comparable to Blackhand - which were selling for 100k by the end of the expansion. And toward the end of the expansion, guilds were selling arch mount for ~1m, you were getting wrecked if you were paying 2m.

And I can't imagine Guldan will be harder than blackhand was - sure the ring explosion made mythic BH a 3 minute fight on farm sales runs and boss was ezpz and Guldan is a fight that is about 2x longer baseline, but on the other hand two tiers sure makes a lot of difference. I imagine mythic Guldan will die a lot quicker and easier when players are hitting 2m dps rather than 700-800k and have 4m health as dps.
    Yeah tell you what I'll screenshot this and we'll come back to it in six months and be able to count on one hand the amount of guilds even selling it.

I hate to be that guy but its a really ugly mount.They took a cool new infernal design and chipped away at the way it looks.At least the arch mount was cool looking and it was a flying mount.This is a castrated infernal.It is still rare to most people so it will go for stupid amounts though lol

We were charging around 250,000 by the end of the expansion for the WoD grove warden. That mount dropped from heroic though, so I'm curious how much the Infernal mount will go for, considering it's a mid expansion mount and people will eventually outgear Nighthold.

As others have said, I'd wait til the end of the xpac if you just want the mount.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Yeah tell you what I'll screenshot this and we'll come back to it in six months and be able to count on one hand the amount of guilds even selling it.
    I didn't realize ToS was supposed to be such a short tier. We have about a month left of NH, and I had thought ToS was going to be a similar 5ish month long tier. And then another tier after that which marks the "end of expansion" tier I was referring to. And maybe Blizzard will be different this time around, but the final tier of the expansion usually lasts longer than a week. Closer to a year. So I guess revisit this in about a year and a half, or whenever the next expansion is coming out.

Anyway, sorry if I'm being a dick, I'm just pointing out that past precedent suggests buying an endboss mount early on in the kill cycle on the first tier is usually more expensive than buying that same mount after a later tier or two had been released.

Edit: Also you were getting 250k for the grove warden at the end of the expansion? What server are you on and is there room for me there? Cause we were getting about 20k for it lol
    Last edited by Killface1; 2017-03-24 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    We were charging around 250,000 by the end of the expansion for the WoD grove warden. That mount dropped from heroic though, so I'm curious how much the Infernal mount will go for, considering it's a mid expansion mount and people will eventually outgear Nighthold.

As others have said, I'd wait til the end of the xpac if you just want the mount.
    grove warden mount went more for like 5-20k by the end of the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    ooh apologies. i did not read that correctly. But green one is much better IMO.
    Of course it is. The red one is more prestigious, but the green one looks a lot better imo.
    Even though neither of them looks good. It's another pair of way oversized mounts that stand out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    If you have to ask you can't afford it.
    I wouldn't necessarily say so. Like I said in the beginning, with tokens it's generally very easy to quickly accumulate a decent amount of gold now if you are willing to shell out some IRL money.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Right now, only 70ish guilds have killed Gul'dan, so its unlikely you will even be able to purchase it for another 2-3 months. At that time, expect it to be around 2 mil gold.

BUT... when Tomb of Sargaras releases in June-August the Nighthold will VERY LIKELY get a 10-20% nerf AND CROSS REALMable as they have always done it that way, meaning mythic Gul'dan will be a lot easier to kill, on top of the new gear as well. Expect Guldan mount to drop to 1 mil gold at that time.

BUT AGAIN... the mount will be a 100% drop chance until the end of the expansion, as they have ALWAYS done it that way for mythic end boss mounts.

Near the end of 2017 when everyone will have 920+ ilevel and done with Tomb of Sargaras, Gul'dan will be close to being puggable by skilled groups and the price of the mount will drop to 300-500k for the remainder of the expansion, just like Blackhands mount did last expansion.

So TL : DR Wait until September-December or next year and it will be 300-500k.

I know this because I have bought and sold mythic boss mounts since LK.

First off, while it's possible, I doubt nighthold is getting any blanket nerfs. 7.2 releases next week, and tomb isn't out untill in a few months what with the whole buildup we're going to have. That means that classes will get access to their fourth golden traits etc before tomb, which buffs some specs by 20-30% flat anyway.

Second, 2M for an initial price is laughable. Might want to double that, what with the gold inflation going on.
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2017-03-24 at 02:34 AM.

the better comparison would be the blackhand mount in WoD, which was actually getting pretty difficult to find buyers for in the last few months of the expansion (until the last week or two anyway.)

It'll be easily farmable once people are in tomb+ gear, and probably sold for a few hundred thousand

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    grove warden mount went more for like 5-20k by the end of the expansion.
    Maybe, but we were running raids for 250k for quite a while. I must have been gone when it bottomed out.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I doubt gul'dan mount will get the blackhand treatment.
    The main reason why blackhand mount got so cheap was that you could easily sell it with alts or even being 15people. Legendary ring made it so you don't have to do any mechanics at all.
    Gul'dan however won't be easily killed by some random guilds because they have more gear now. You don't gain that much dps so the phases will only last 30seconds, it'll still be a 8minute fight or w/e. you'll most likely still have to go through 2nd vision phase and before that some mechanics will still kill you if you do mistakes.
    Sure it'll be a lot easier when you get your new golden trait and the stat proc, but that doesn't mean guilds that haven't killed him before will be able to do that within one attempt like it was possible with 795rings on blackhand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mythic Gul'Dan is the end-boss of the first tier - We have been told there will be 3 tiers.

It is currently looking like there will be enormous ilvl jumps between tiers. Gul'Dan prices will fall as the expansion goes on and more ppl pug it. If you are a heroic raider, you will be able to join pug groups for M Guldan in ToS. If you are a normal raider, then last tier will be when you can do pug groups. If you aren't, wait until the middle of the last tier - Thats when prices will be lowest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.