Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Njorun View Post
    Nope, not any longer. We've changed.
    Ha... we've changed. Interesting.
    Which way is it then?
    You aren't consistent here.
    On one hand you claim we've changed, on the other hand you want to discard the various ethnic groups that are part of the British culture for hundreds of years, or in parts even longer.

Is it possible, that you're in way over your head here?
    Something tells me that's the case...
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, they are. It says so in their passport.
    Nope. Holding a passport means you've got citizenship, not that you're one of the people.

Nope, not any longer. We've changed.
    Every human being on the planet has African origins.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Ha... we've changed. Interesting.
    Which way is it then?
    You aren't consistent here.
    On one hand you claim we've changed, on the other hand you want to discard the various ethnic groups that are part of the British culture for hundreds of years, or in parts even longer.

Is it possible, that you're in way over your head here?
    Something tells me that's the case...
    A couple of hundred years isn't anything close to a change that was seen with those who originally migrated from africa, that's tens of thousands of year of selective pressure, evolution.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Every human being on the planet has African origins.
    Sure. But not everyone has neanderthal origin. Subsaharan Africans don't in any meaningful manner compared to white or asian people.

Quote Originally Posted by falagar112 View Post
    I don't exclude muslim terrorism, mind you. It is more about "coordinated" versus "lone wolf crazy guy". Like the truck in Nice. Sure he was a muslim, but he had no ties to ISIS, and was (literally) mentally ill and under treatment. That was a lone wolf attack, just as bad of course, but you can't blame ISIS for it - every religion/culture has had crazy people killing other people.

So far all ISIS organised terrorism has had these large body counts on major targets using bombs and heavy weapons. All lone wolf attacks .. well it is much harder for an individual to get access to those kind of weapons then it is for a largely organised terror group - so they tend to use knifes/axes etc. Like the guy that killed the military person with an axe.

All I am trying to say, we're awfully quick pointing fingers again.
    People can do these attacks in the name of isis if they swear allegniance to them (usually done via video) if isis thinks the attack was worthy they will proudly claim it, in the end its ISIS fault because they called for such attacks in the name of their religion (hell they even gave instructions for such car attacks / knife attacks in their newspaper). Attacks dont need to be coordinated by some guy in Syria. That guy in Nice was hardly a lone wolf when he had people sending him money btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone is black they're not part of any european people.
    Is he Swedish then?

More information: He has that typical Swedish name Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Father a Bosnian Muslim. Mother a Croatian.
    By your definitions... He ain't Swedish, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Last but not least - I of course get my news through the filter of being in another country - but from what I've understood, the guy was being investigated (many years ago) by MI5 because of his extreme tendency to violence?
    MI5 do not monitor people due to an extreme tendency to violence, they monitor potential violent extremists, i.e. possible terrorists. Brexit was not a thing when he was being monitored.

Deleted
    Is he Swedish then?

More information: He has that typical Swedish name Zlatan Ibrahimovic
    Father a Bosnian Muslim. Mother a Croatian.
    By your definitions... He ain't Swedish, right?
    No, he's not swedish. And that name isn't typical swedish.

Deleted
    Nope. Holding a passport means you've got citizenship, not that you're one of the people.
    Another great opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Now this is a long range shot. Even Homo neanderthalensis was not so black.
    Yes, possibly because for all we know they mostly lived outside the tropical zone where humans require high melanin levels. But they aren't exactly relevant as they are not considers direct ancestors to modern humans, though they provided some genetic admixture to the Eurasian gene pool.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he's not swedish. And that name isn't typical swedish.
    Then, why does he have a Swedish passport and is praised as your country's greatest footballer ever?

Grats on missing the irony regarding typical.. I had that in italic for a reason..

Deleted
    Then, why does he have a Swedish passport and is praised as your country's greatest footballer ever?

Grats on missing the irony regarding typical.. I had that in italic for a reason..
    Because he's a swedish citizen, doesn't make him one of the swedish people. Anyone can get swedish citizenship, doesn't make them one of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's a swedish citizen, doesn't make him one of the swedish people. Anyone can get swedish citizenship, doesn't make them one of us.
    Something tells me that he is more Swedish than you are.
    Chances are he's older than you. Around the sun more often than you, and represents Sweden in a positive way.. You on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    A couple of years ago, a binman passed out at the wheel of his rubbish truck and Killed more people than this "terror attack" and he wasn't even conscious. The July 7 bombings had over 10 times the body count and that was 12 years ago, The IRA was more effective a political violence than this , the Scottish Nationalists were more successful at getting bombs to the prime minister, ThameslinkGovia causes more disruption to the city of London on a daily fucking basis. This is just some idiot doing idiot things because they're an idiot. This is what the best they can do? Pathetic.

On the other hand brexit has caused the cost of my latte's to go up by over 10%, thanks fascists. urgh.
    Leaving the EU is fascist? Heh, thats new. And the fact that you show indifference to what happened yesterday really speaks alot about you and the left in general.

Sure. But not everyone has neanderthal origin. Subsaharan Africans don't in any meaningful manner compared to white or asian people.
    Irrelevant - your original claim disputed African origins of British people.

Deleted
    Something tells me that he is more Swedish than you are.
    Chances are he's older than you. Around the sun more often than you, and represents Sweden in a positive way.. You on the other hand...
    No, he's not more swedish than I am, because he's fucking croatian/bosnian, he can't even speak swedish properly. I can track my ancestors back to like 16th century, where most of them never left the region I was born in. What a joke to claim that a 2nd gen immigrant with bosnian/croat origin is more swedish than someone whos ancestry stems from the country in question for centuries of generations.
    Last edited by mmoc6608731cf5; 2017-03-23 at 03:01 PM.

Deleted
    There's literally a million better targets for muslim terrorism
    Yeah, there's a million better targets...
    There's a million better targets than the Houses of Parliament...
    There's a million better targets than the fucking building that contains the Prime Minister, the entire House of Commons AND the House of Lords....

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MI5 do not monitor people due to an extreme tendency to violence, they monitor potential violent extremists, i.e. possible terrorists. Brexit was not a thing when he was being monitored.
    I feel like our definition of a terrorist is the same, and that is why even when it seems that we might disagree, we actually don't.

I take issue with the fact that as soon as it is a muslim person doing a terrorist attack, newspaper headlines will be "terrorists killed x people in y". While if a white extremist shoots up a gay bar or school, newspapers will call it everything from crazy person to whatever, but avoid the word terrorist. Because of that, uninformed people associate the word terrorist, with being a muslim. And that is obviously a lie - these white guys are just as much terrorists.

I suppose you would also call native right/left wing terrorism exactly what it is - terrorism, so the arguement is moot
    My DK
    (retired since januari 2017) solely playing PoE now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plutarch78 View Post
    Leaving the EU is fascist? Heh, thats new. And the fact that you show indifference to what happened yesterday really speaks alot about you and the left in general.
    Leaving the EU isn't fascistic, of course not.
    But the far right, fascistic camp certainly is the starting point. Nigel Farage is a fascist in my books too. And he's the "mastermind" behind the Brexit campaign.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, he's not more swedish than I am, because he's fucking croatian/bosnian, he can't even speak swedish properly. I can track my ancestors back to like 16th century, where most of them never left the region I was born in.
    If I had a child by a black woman, that child would be able to trace their British ancestry back to 1066 at least, would they be British then?