Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Anyone still saying Sargeras is not the last boss gotta stop their stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    i think lore characters ALWAYS should steal the kill

its fucking stupid to have 10-25 nobodies kill kil'jaedan and such, so i agree about the failure irl, they're pretty stupid.
    So, while I am 100% fine with lore characters, especially where it makes sense, getting the kill; pretending we're still just simple adventurers is a bit silly. Have you played this game? I mean, I've played for 12 years. My character was a simple adventurer in Vanilla. He probably could have been considered a veteran adventurer in Burning Crusade. I'm pretty sure after taking down the Lich King he rose to a bit higher than "simple adventurer", but even pass that...through MoP and then WoD, he became a major commander of the Horde. Even controlled a whole garrison. Now he's technically the leader of a Class Order Hall.

I think your idea of "simple adventurer" doesn't really work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    There's something called "Lore" Mate, learn it...

- - - Updated - - -

Did you even watch the cinematic, before you started the whine?
    Lol Wowboys cant handle critisism. Of course I watched it and it didn't really hype me anything like the previous cinematics before, aside from the garrison update. It does really not showcase anything that is coming to the next patch like most of the trailers before it, with clips of the different raids, zones etc. "BAM! NEW RAID! WATCH A FEW CLIPS ABOUT HOW AWESOME THE ECOUNTERS IS!" "BAM! NEW BROKENSHORE QUESTLINE!". And the way Kil'jaeden talks made it seem like he was talking to himself then suddenly sargeras pops out of nowhere.

Im simply stating my opinion, and my opinion is that the lore of legion is complete garbage. Untill they stop pulling another kerrigan this ship cannot be saved. Everyone who lurks on the starcraft forums regularly knows of the shitfest that enveloped after the epilogue, and the same will happen in wow unless they stop the unneccessary fan service. "Oh you know illidan is the good guy after genociding the entire population of outland and ruled it worse than Maghteridon!" Suddenly we're the bad guys and get yelled at for killing a tyrant.
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2017-03-23 at 08:33 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    Lol Wowboys cant handle critisism. Of course I watched it and it didn't really hype me anything like the previous cinematics before, aside from the garrison update. It does really not showcase anything that is coming to the next patch like most of the trailers before it, with clips of the different raids, zones etc. "BAM! NEW RAID! WATCH A FEW CLIPS ABOUT HOW AWESOME THE ECOUNTERS IS!" "BAM! NEW BROKENSHORE QUESTLINE!". And the way Kil'jaeden talks made it seem like he was talking to himself then suddenly sargeras pops out of nowhere.

Im simply stating my opinion, and my opinion is that the lore of legion is complete garbage. Untill they stop pulling another kerrigan this ship cannot be saved. Everyone who lurks on the starcraft forums regularly knows of the shitfest that enveloped after the epilogue, and the same will happen in wow unless they stop the unneccessary fan service
    You can have your opinion, but it doesn't mean you are immune to criticism. Also calling people "Wow fanboys" is not an argument either.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    He lost his body in War of the Ancients. His spirit is all that remains. Gul'dan tried to use Illiidan's body as a host for Sargeras, but that failed. Sargeras still has no body, thus he has no real power. He's less than a shadow of his former self.
    Source on this? I read War of the Ancients and the Chronicles Vol. 1 but do not remember anywhere saying his body was destroyed. The portal imploded and knocked him back into the Nether instead of Azeroth, but I don't remember his body being destroyed. Even if the body he was occupying at the time was destroyed, it's unlikely it was actually his body. There's no way that Sargeras was going to enter into Azeroth with his actual body. The Titans were too big to even go to Azeroth. That's why he used an avatar (which we fight in ToS) to come to Azeroth before...

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Hmm...

I don't think the trailer was that amazing. The only two things that were amazing was seeing Argus, and hearing from Sargeras again.

Felt pretty bland I must say though. Would have hoped for a little bit more.
    Is this the first time Sargeras has appeared in any form in the current game? His whole story played out before the game, I don't recall even his voice appearing before.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You can have your opinion, but it doesn't mean you are immune to criticism. Also calling people "Wow fanboys" is not an argument either.
    When did I ever say I was immune to critisim? I was simply stating the obvious where people call an opinion they don't like as hate, as usual.
    An'u belore delen'na

"Patch 7.3"

Kil'jaeden: ARGUS IS FREE
    Well played, sir, well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Is this the first time Sargeras has appeared in any form in the current game? His whole story played out before the game, I don't recall even his voice appearing before.
    His first apperance was in warcraft 3 after Maiev ran trough the tomb of sargeras where we saw his "Avatar". Then his voice was in Wrath of the lich king during the siege of the undercity, and then we heard his voice again in the lights heart questline
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    He ordered repairs to the starship. I suppose it takes time. Miraculously, they will finish just in time for 7.3.
    I wonder how they'll handle it going back to Argus, with that zone? "Oh, hai, new dreanei - don't worry about that big hole over there."

Oh, wait, starting zones don't matter anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BAMyouhaveaids View Post
    His first apperance was in warcraft 3 after Maiev ran trough the tomb of sargeras where we saw his "Avatar". Then his voice was in Wrath of the lich king during the siege of the undercity, and then we heard his voice again in the lights heart questline
    Ah, okay, forgot all about the siege.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wee, looks like I should be able reactivate my account soon.

This looks more fitting as an in-game cinematic, rather than a patch trailer. We didn't even get to see the inside of the Tomb or any of the bosses except Kil'jaeden. This trailer didn't give me any chills, which is dissapointing considering how long I've waited to raid the Tomb and face Kil'jaeden again. I do like how they used the facial expressions of Kil'jaeden showing regret.

i think lore characters ALWAYS should steal the kill

its fucking stupid to have 10-25 nobodies kill kil'jaedan and such, so i agree about the failure irl, they're pretty stupid.
    Except we're not nobodies anymore...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Lore nerds - how can Kiljaden talk to Sargeras with such disrespect? Their power levels are a million light years apart, what makes him think he can get away with that?
    sargeras is like sauron for WoW, he has no physical form right now so while in this state, even though vastly more powerful than any being currently in existence save for the titan soul of azeroth, kil'jaeden can in some measure be a little cheeky to him and not face retribution for the time being at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Garmond View Post
    I know Kil'jaeden is right below Sargeras in terms of legion hierarchy and all but he is talking to him with such a tone
    Whether it's been retconned or not by now I'm not sure, but Archimonde always wanted to usurp Sargeras somehow. The world tree was supposed to be that path. Then again Archimonde was never good as shown in the demo lock artifact lore where he literally betrayed Thakiel to get a spot as a ruler and then still was summoning the same demons he got him in trouble for doing which attracted Sargeras.

I think Kil'Jaeden is having some second thoughts there. Seeing Velen as vigilant as ever surrounded by allies.

Kil'Jaeden literally has nothing, he has achieved basically nothing. He has no allies, no world, no strong victory.

I'd be having second thoughts too. It's not like Sargeras can give his strongest minion a bitch slap either. Sargeras would be fucked without Kil'Jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    sargeras is like sauron for WoW, he has no physical form right now so while in this state, even though vastly more powerful than any being currently in existence save for the titan soul of azeroth, kil'jaeden can in some measure be a little cheeky to him and not face retribution for the time being at least.
    That has been retconned. He has a physical form. He just isn't on Argus. Who knows where the hell he is. He only lost a portion of his physical self.

Since we're supposed to be going to Argus at some point, I wouldn't be surprised if this works its way into some type of redemption story for Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I wonder how they'll handle it going back to Argus, with that zone? "Oh, hai, new dreanei - don't worry about that big hole over there."
    Oh, wait, starting zones don't matter anymore.
    Eh, they'll just go about it like do they do dalaran: The wrath zones and the legion zones exist in 2 different times, when you enter the legion zones you're effectively going back to a time when the Lich King still lives or yata yata, unless it serves lore to throw you out there during a time when its the "New" Lich King (most of the DK campaign stuff)

i kind of agree with this but honestly idk what else they could have showed us for 7.2

we've already seen the broken shore illidan and such, kil'jaeden and argus makes sense to me, obviously they cannot go in depth until 7.3 with argus.
    How about the stuff that is actually in the patch? You know the stuff that makes the patch something to look forwards too.