Page 69 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Sitting there and just saying I am wrong is ignoring what I have said and that is all you and a few posters have done.

If this game was made by any other company and not brained Zelda people like you would burn it at the cross. Once again and read closely because I won't repeat it again.

NOT ONCE DID I SAY ANYTHING WAS NEEDED, ITS A FUCKEN VIDEO GAME NOTHING IS NEEDED. That does not change why the system is there in the first place.

Its there to prolong the game and nothing more. It add's ZERO to the game that other Zelda's didn't already have.
    Except your claim is wrong, and I've given several reasons as to why.

Like, for it to prolong it, there needs to be some sort of reason causing you to go get them. There is none though, you can easily manage with the basic slots, and even if you want extra, chances are you'll find enough seeds just by walking around randomly and exploring, which is what you're suppose to do anyway, explore the map.

Then, on top of that, there are a HUGE amount more seeds than even required. How many are in the game, and how many do you need to max out all your inventory?

It doesn't prolong anything except to the very small amount of people that want to 100% the game. The random casual player that you keep using as your example that "needs extra slots and hearts" isn't going to bother to hunt down the seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Ya so show me how looting hyrule castle is difficult to any opinion.

Can't? Just going to try to hide under that blanket? Thought so.
    Look I know my grammar is bad but.........What?

Difficulty in games is a matter of opinion and never factual. A perfect example of this is everyone who argues over what Form Software game is harder.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

It does break in those area's but takes much much longer.
    ...Well that's lame, but better than nothing I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    If a damaged master sword hurts Fi, im okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    --snip--
    Didn't state a opinion sorry, Its factually there to prolong the game.

I could really give no shit's what your opinion about my fact is.

The random casual player that you keep using as your example that "needs extra slots and hearts" isn't going to bother to hunt down the seeds.
    You got some proof to this or are you trying to pass your opinion off as a fact?

Once more not the first game to do this, Not the last ether. Also once more I'm not stating a opinion and I give zero fuck's if you agree. Done repeating myself about this. The Weapon System and Seed system is shit, Those are there to keep people playing longer.

LBW did a open world system right and it was a fucken 2D 3DS game.

As I said, Done repeating myself.

Now time to talk about Sand Surfing lol, That was kinda funny.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Except your claim is wrong, and I've given several reasons as to why.

Like, for it to prolong it, there needs to be some sort of reason causing you to go get them. There is none though, you can easily manage with the basic slots, and even if you want extra, chances are you'll find enough seeds just by walking around randomly and exploring, which is what you're suppose to do anyway, explore the map.

Then, on top of that, there are a HUGE amount more seeds than even required. How many are in the game, and how many do you need to max out all your inventory?

It doesn't prolong anything except to the very small amount of people that want to 100% the game. The random casual player that you keep using as your example that "needs extra slots and hearts" isn't going to bother to hunt down the seeds.
    I think you're taking him to literally. He's not saying the obviously optional fetching of these extra items and getting extra hearts artificially prolongs the game.

There are certain things this game requires you to do, like go into areas that can damage you if you aren't well prepared rather than just give you access to them. Regardless of what method you use to get to those areas that extra work of finding the gear or making the right food is time you wouldn't have spent if you could simply have walked into those areas. Having to think about and deal with breaking weapons, finding replacements, finding or creating the elemental arrows takes extra time, whereas in previous titles they were just drops from enemies.

All very small things, but when you have to do them consistently that little bit of extra time adds up....and prolongs the game because it wouldn't have taken that long had those mechanics/ features/ whatever. not been in the game.

Didn't state a opinion sorry, Its factually there to prolong the game.

I could really give no shit's what your opinion about my fact is.

You got some proof to this or are you trying to pass your opinion off as a fact?

Once more not the first game to do this, Not the last ether. Also once more I'm not stating a opinion and I give zero fuck's if you agree. Done repeating myself about this. The Weapon System and Seed system is shit, Those are there to keep people playing longer.

LBW did a open world system right and it was a fucken 2D 3DS game.

As I said, Done repeating myself.

Now time to talk about Sand Surfing lol, That was kinda funny.
    Dude.

Seriously, you're not giving ANYTHING TO COUNTER DEBATE. You're sitting there railing against others for just saying "all you're doing is saying I'm wrong", and then I GIVE you reasons, and you still continue to do the same?

No, stop. Give some ACTUAL counterpoints. Support your opinion. PROVE that it's there to prolong the game. All you're doing is repeating "This is a fact, and I don't need to prove it"

Otherwise, you're just stating your opinion, because you aren't disproving me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I think you're taking him to literally. He's not saying the obviously optional fetching of these extra items and getting extra hearts artificially prolongs the game.

There are certain things this game requires you to do, like go into areas that can damage you if you aren't well prepared rather than just give you access to them. Regardless of what method you use to get to those areas that extra work of finding the gear or making the right food is time you wouldn't have spent if you could simply have walked into those areas. Having to think about and deal with breaking weapons, finding replacements, finding or creating the elemental arrows takes extra time, whereas in previous titles they were just drops from enemies.

All very small things, but when you have to do them consistently that little bit of extra time adds up....and prolongs the game because it wouldn't have taken that long had those mechanics/ features/ whatever. not been in the game.
    Except that's silly even though. The game is about exploration. If you choose to explore, that's you getting more out of the game. Not it artificially prolonging the game.

That is a huge part of the game obviously. Yeah, the game would be shorter without most of the searching, but then there would be no reason to explore anything. No reason to go kill mobs, no reason to do anything except rush headlong into the next temple like every Zelda before it.

I'm not sure why that's being considered a negative suddenly.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-03-24 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post

Ty, Someone gets it.

Look I know my grammar is bad but.........What?

Difficulty in games is a matter of opinion and never factual. A perfect example of this is everyone who argues over what Form Software game is harder.
    So once again...

Show me where there is any difficulty.

You can't, you haven't even been there. You don't understand it's as straight forward as the rest of the game. There isn't even any puzzles like in the divine beasts. You literally walk in there loot everything and kill shit with what you loot.

There is no difficulty. Then again this is coming from the guy who complains LFR doesn't give him prestigious awards and has to coop to kill shit in Souls games so...(since you seem to be throwing around cheap shots now, only returning the favor).

There is no difficulty. Then again this is coming from the guy who complains LFR doesn't give him prestigious awards and has to coop to kill shit in Souls games so...(since you seem to be throwing around cheap shots now, only returning the favor).
    Ouch hit me where it hurts, Me Co-Oping DS2......

Also never have I bitched about LFR not giving Prestigious rewards but whatever.

Also never have I bitched about LFR not giving Prestigious rewards but whatever.
    Yea, you only have a month long whine post you kept bumping about not getting balance of power rewards.

Yea, you only have a month long whine post you kept bumping about not getting balance of power rewards.
    Ummm, That isn't a Prestigious reward and it wasn't me who kept bumping it. I left that thread ages ago.

If you are going to try to insult/bash me, At lease get ur fact's right.

Ummm, That isn't a Prestigious reward and it wasn't me to kept bumping it. I left that thread ages ago.
    Not a prestigious award... yet the keymaster artifact skin requires that quest line complete.

Ya okay.

Not a prestigious award... yet the keymaster artifact skin requires that quest line complete.

Ya okay.
    A prestigious reward would be me wanting the Mythic Gul'Dan mount to drop in LFR. Not some quest line that requires NM raiding.

Clearly you don't know what the word Prestigious means.

pres·tig·ious
    preˈstējəs,preˈstijəs/
    adjective
    inspiring respect and admiration; having high status.
    "a prestigious academic post"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    In other Zeldas I only had to worry about having items that let me access areas. I rarely had to worry about having specific gear once in said areas. This is fundamentally different. It's OK that you're looking for any and every excuse to hate on this though. You've been doing it for months.
    Even then, I'm not quite sure what he means.

Yeah, OoT had the different tunics, and Twilight Princess did for swimming I believe (its been a while), but...none other did. You never had to care about what you had on.

What's the deal with this emulation thing you guys are talking about? Sec lemme google it. I'm down to play the game without buying a Wii U or Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Wait so this Wii U emulator already exists and I could just [arrrrrrrr] a version of Breath of the Wild? That's.......how did Nintendo not sue the emulator creators?

It isn't easy to shut down emulator creators since you can legally own digital backups of software you own.
    ? I don't see how Nintendo would lose a lawsuit and bankrupt the creators. I mean, if Nintendo is anal enough to go around harrassing youtubers for a 10 second Mario clip, how do they not go full force against an emulator after they release their biggest title on their consoles?

Link to the Past needed some specific items to access dungeons and other areas.
    I was speaking specifically in terms of armor though. All games do have the certain equipment usage thing, like hookshot to get into certain areas, but that doesn't come close to "needing to be wary of what you have on" like BotW does, especially since those were all linear progression games, so you'd always have what you need by the time you get to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in guys, optional game content like korok seeds and shrines and extra hearts can add time to the game if you choose to do them, more news at 11.

Lol @ weapon durability "artificially extending the game". If you've ever had to spend time to search out a weapon to use instead of just, you know, playing... You're doing it wrong.

Because the laws are different? You can have digital backups of things like video games you own, this makes the area somewhat grey and difficult to prosecute(there is little to no legal precedent). Using footage of their game to profit is under copyright laws that have been well explored.
    I don't understand what you mean when you say having a digital backup makes it hard to prosecute. This isn't a "possession" problem, the illegal part is the emulator creator distributing the emulator through their website.