I like how this thread keeps getting random out of the nowhere posts that dont backthemselves.

the game is getting metabombed by spam reviews by anti-sjws with laughable review posts.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Same. I haven't had so much fun with games in many months. The game is everything I expected it to be, and in some regards, it is more.
    Agreed. I mean, the game clearly has a lot of serious issues that make me go "What the hell were they thinking", which is why I can't really give it a perfect score, this is not gonna be a genre-defining 10/10 masterpiece by any means of the imagination. But at the end of the day, the only question that matters is "Am I having fun playing this?" And the answer is a rotund, solid, unambiguous YES from me.

So that alone makes it worth the price of admission. And I've yet to touch the multiplayer (waiting for download to finish, which will mercifully be in a couple of hours, game is 98% done), so I've not even pierced the tip of the iceberg and I already see myself playing this thing for the rest of the year.

Andromeda earned a permanent spot on my hard-drive at the very least for what remains of 2017.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Finally bought it after I finished my trial.. And I don't get to play it this weekend which sucks.
    Also the multiplayer is completely bonkers and broken, so not touching that.
    (I had an entire game where everything was going slowmode. And if I alt tab the entire ui breaks and I can't do anything. Also whenever I die my corpse flies around and fucks about.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    People on either side of the political spectrum are no more or less sophisticated, rational, or logical than their ideological counterparts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Agreed. I mean, the game clearly has a lot of serious issues that make me go "What the hell were they thinking", which is why I can't really give it a perfect score, this is not gonna be a genre-defining 10/10 masterpiece by any means of the imagination. But at the end of the day, the only question that matters is "Am I having fun playing this?" And the answer is a rotund, solid, unambiguous YES from me.

So that alone makes it worth the price of admission. And I've yet to touch the multiplayer (waiting for download to finish, which will mercifully be in a couple of hours, game is 98% done), so I've not even pierced the tip of the iceberg and I already see myself playing this thing for the rest of the year.

Andromeda earned a permanent spot on my hard-drive at the very least for what remains of 2017.
    Pretty much my stance on it. Andromeda is so much better than the initial few hours suggests, its a shame the Trial was centered around those.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

BTW i'm not too far in the game yet but what level of mass effect mastery have the andromeda species gained?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    BTW i'm not too far in the game yet but what level of mass effect mastery have the andromeda species gained?
    Other than the Kett, I've yet to meet any andromedan specie.

Besides....since the whole game takes place in a single cluster as opposed to the entire galaxy, we only encounter 2 spacefaring species in the whole game. Kett and Angaran

On top of that, this is speculation on my end but....

The Kett look suspiciously a lot like the Angaran, leading me to believe they're the same specie, except the Kett were infected by some sort of space virus. Only speculation on my end at this point as I'm only barely past Eos

Angaran technology used to be quite advanced, but since Dark Space Magic the Dark Energy Scourge hit Heleus cluster, they have regressed somewhat. They even lost space flight for a while before recuperating.

Kett technology seems to be more or less on par with the Milky Way technology, though they might not have as advanced computers (AI) or haven't just tried to employ those for decrypting the Remnant tech.

The Remnant are way above anything else in ME, even the Reapers. Their tech is literal Space Magic that can terraform planets with a flick of a switch. Though nobody knows who or what build and left all this tech lying around the cluster.

No Mass Relay equivalent is found on Heleus cluster, and possibly not even in the whole galaxy.

- - - Updated - - -

On top of that, this is speculation on my end but....

The Kett look suspiciously a lot like the Angaran, leading me to believe they're the same specie, except the Kett were infected by some sort of space virus. Only speculation on my end at this point as I'm only barely past Eos
    Kett propably can mutate other lifeform into looking like them. Wraiths and Fiends look like a Kettified version of the Wildlife on Havarl.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've come across my first bug that I consider a problem (rather then an annoyance like my profile not being selected after loading and my third skill not being there. But I've only encountered that at the kett base on Eos). My AVP points were lost and my planet viability on Eos has been reset to about 6%. I don't know when it happened but I only noticed after I decided to stop taking on the Architect on Eos and go do the other planets and trade in my AVP.

I've moved on to Havral now hoping it will fix itself. Not sure how you can get planet viability back up if you've already done most of the stuff that counts towards it.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, I am confused about two things. First of all, the mining system seems to be very luck-based. Is there any indication on what spots are good for mining you can see by just looking around, or do you actually have to drive around for ages until you've found all the spots?

Second, the XP system is a bit strange. I kill a lot of enemies without getting any XP; then, after a while, I suddenly get all the XP I earned. As I understand, the game is split into zones and, upon leaving each zone, the game calculates how much XP you've earned in it and grants it to you - but not before that?

Well, everyone has their own opinion. To some, this game will be 10/10, to others, 0/10. It is just funny how many people turn the game into some kind of a student homework they have to grade and make a judgment of, instead of just enjoying the damn game.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Okay, I am confused about two things. First of all, the mining system seems to be very luck-based. Is there any indication on what spots are good for mining you can see by just looking around, or do you actually have to drive around for ages until you've found all the spots?

Second, the XP system is a bit strange. I kill a lot of enemies without getting any XP; then, after a while, I suddenly get all the XP I earned. As I understand, the game is split into zones and, upon leaving each zone, the game calculates how much XP you've earned in it and grants it to you - but not before that?
    It's when you are done with combat so to speak, so kill everything in range and then you get a chunk of xp.

Encounter XP is bit finicky at times. Usually you get XP when all the enemies on any random mob pack on the map have been cleared.

15+ Year Old Account
    The mining is like in ME2 but driving around in the nomad. You drive around until your mining sensor has whatever level of the mineral you think is the peak and then you launch your probe. The default key to open the mining sensor is G on pc (when in nomad). I also found by accident you can hit T when in the nomad to have the tempest pick you up and leave the planet.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

AND THE GAME FINALLY FINISHED DOWNLOADING.

Good god, our internet fucking SUCKS. Four and a half days to finish the download......... >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellomania View Post
    It's when you are done with combat so to speak, so kill everything in range and then you get a chunk of xp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Encounter XP is bit finicky at times. Usually you get XP when all the enemies on any random mob pack on the map have been cleared.
    Well, I just cleared a few animal mobs in a mining zone on Eos and nothing, then I drove away in Mako (sorry, I'm calling it that!), and in 10-15 seconds I got a ton of XP. Similarly, I cleared the Kett base, did some quest parts in the area, and when I was leaving the place 40 minutes later, I got a level up.

I think they designate a zone the fight takes place in, and when the fight is over and you leave the zone, they give you the XP - but perhaps it is more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    The mining is like in ME2 but driving around in the nomad. You drive around until your mining sensor has whatever level of the mineral you think is the peak and then you launch your probe. The default key to open the mining sensor is G on pc (when in nomad). I also found by accident you can hit T when in the nomad to have the tempest pick you up and leave the planet.
    Yes, but, it seems, it takes ages to find any spots: the mining areas are too large, and the mining spots are too narrow. Perhaps there is a way to see from a distance some kind of a mark that says, "Here are some deposits right here"?

AND THE GAME FINALLY FINISHED DOWNLOADING.
    Welcome to the club!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Clearly made as a joke character, but it actually does look kinda good.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're marked on the map with a little crystal rock looking thing. More of those show up the more forward stations you call down. I believe there's also Cryo Pod perks that affect this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    *img*

Clearly made as a joke character, but it actually does look kinda good.
    I am now slightly tempted to make the Joker.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I am now slightly tempted to make the Joker.
    Joker and Harley Ryder, making new home for humanity!

Judging from information and dialogue in the EOS vault, Remnant have Element Zero weaved into the circuitry and material of every bit of their tech and have a very advanced version of omni gel. Thats way way advanced.

was playing with friends got the top score on my infiltrator. They were wondering how i managed that since i wasn't with them most of the time and they didnt see me shoot stuff outside of heavies. I told them i was covering their ass the entire time from flankers and "Who do you think was killing all those dogs getting in your face?".

I know they're new to the game and 10 hours isnt THAT big of a lead but you'd think all the games they play would make them more aware of their surroundings.

Then again most games create a mindset of "the enemy is in the direction you are facing" and the lines are clear over what is your area and what is theirs. ME3's MP was clear about this most of the time too. ME:A's multiplayer seems to be designed to allow for the enemy to get units to surround you while also having units that invade your personal space. If you've been focusing on one front for a short while, you've made a mistake.

Also turtling, like for extraction for example, is a impossible if you're trying to gather on a single spot. All the maps are designed such that this will just open you up to flanking. You need people off to the far side to deny the enemy those areas. You should absolutely NEVER share cover in the same spot for more than a few moments.
    The dogs are actually pretty annoying. They stealth up right next to you and on bigger characters like krogan or angaran it can be hard to notice initially one is at your feet mauling you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see some people online taking a real hard stance against ME:A for a few glitches and treating it like this the worst game ever made. I have no idea why, seeing as Arkham Knight was broken on launch, and didnt get this sort of hate.

My old guess is there are political views afoot. right v left trigger war most likely.... I just know I aint diving into that rabbit hole.

For me the game (after 10 hours of play) is pretty good, I managed to create my character who was female and never encountered those horrible eye or mouth animations, all I did was shorted the mouth width and size slightly, taking into consideration the way I have seen the eyes and mouth glitch out. I am pretty happy of ho I did it too. It seems most of the issues come from the generic female Ryder.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance