Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account

Sam Witwer was probably one of the first, if not the first actor to have his face actually put into a game. Not sure what the issue is with having attractive people in games.

Either this was a design choice or Bioware Montreal just sucks at modeling. It could be either one.

Of course it isn't.

It does however get boring when you see the same brand of "attractive" repeated ad nauseum.

Deleted
    It's only wrong if you're a cunt (PC, SJW, feminist, etc). Bioware seems to have been corrupted by cuntness, sadly. But they will all learn that being a cunt doesn't pay, as Bioware just learned with Andromeda.

People aren't interested in seeing average-ugly characters in the entertainment industry.
    Last edited by mmoc594fd2488f; 2017-03-25 at 09:24 AM.

I really don't give a fuck.
    Mainly because everyone's trying to tell me how much I should give a fuck about it.

Everything's a sociopolitical topic today. There's always some bullshit controversy around something and there's all these people with these very adamant ideas about what's right and wrong - I think they mistakenly call it their opinions, sometimes also rights - and they're letting you know. All the time.

I so don't care. And I could change my mind all the time, too.

Video games are art just like anything else. Developers have a vision and they create it. People can vote with their wallet if they don't respect it. It's annoying when those people try to force a derogatory label on developers because they don't like how the developers created their own characters.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ofc game characters can be attractive. They can also be ugly. They can be whatever they are supposed to be. The important thing is, that they have a proper tie into the story.

Nothing worse than a random, barely clad hot chick thrown in, just to throw in a random hot chick.
    Also, I want normal characters. It starts to annoy when every person you meet in a game is some hyper-idealized being.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Ofc game characters can be attractive. They can also be ugly. They can be whatever they are supposed to be. The important thing is, that they have a proper tie into the story.

Nothing worse than a random, barely clad hot chick thrown in, just to throw in a random hot chick.
    Also, I want normal characters. It starts to annoy when every person you meet in a game is some hyper-idealized being.
    According to your avatar picture and your sig...

Na, but it's also not wrong for video game characters to look like normal/plain people rather than supermodels and have some diversity in regards to looks. When one gender is very diverse in how characters looks, and the other is composed almost only of hugely attractive people, I start to take the whole thing far less seriously.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why it ever became a bad thing to like attractive people.

Oh wait, I remember now, it was because ugly bitches with ugly personalities got pissed off no Person wanted them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I don't know why it ever became a bad thing to like attractive people.

Oh wait, I remember now, it was because ugly bitches with ugly personalities got pissed off no Person wanted them.
    Yes and it really took off when the Age of Cunt started some years ago, and a bunch of people became feminists and PC. It has also affected bussinesses such as Bioware.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to play attractive characters. If a game ever gives me or one of my friends a character creator we're going to make the most attractive person we can. Used to say that I'd like to see more diversity in characters overall, but we're seeing that these days so I'm good.

The funny thing about attraction nowadays is that people forget what it means. We're meant to like how attractive people look, that's why they're attractive. Anyone who hates how attractive characters are, are most likely insecure about how they look themselves. Attraction is healthy, healthy is attractive.

The media and SJW's dont care to ask if us males like to play attractive men aswell, and I sure as hell do. Male Shepard and Ryder already come attractive, so I dont touch them. ME:A seems like Scott wasn't made with the character creator tools, since his face and all the other faces you can have dont even seem like they're from same game.

Bioware has been hit hard with cancer, Manveer Heir is proof of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    She's underaged you perv.
    Japan has already set the precedent that game and anime characters have no real life equivalent age. They show underage nudity all the time - just look at the new Evangelion series. They're all like 14-16 and there's a tit popping out probably every half hour or so. And that's just one anime. It's because they don't represent real people. You can't put an age on something that doesn't actually exist, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

No, they are media consumption just like movies and TV shows. Nothing wrong with portraying beauty that ascends what we normally experience in the real world, they are meant to be an escape.

Having said that, I do find some situations where it goes over the top for me.

Exhibit A

Having an average/less attractive character isn't game-breaking for me so long as the VA and dialogue are on point.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dumbleduck View Post
    Characters should serve the story, art style and gameplay of the game, much like actors do in movies.
    They can be ugly or sexy, it doesn't matter to me as far as they serve the game to be more immersive.
    WTB thumbs up feature for this post.

Yes they should be attractive and horrifying and disgusting and average where appropriate. It should depend on the developer's style and what he wants to make, and not be affected by "media".