Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're sarcastic, but some people actually believe that.
    Heh, that's precisely the reason I put the /s there.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Snarky response to an INVALID criticism... that's the problem with too many people today, there are 100s of sources on something and when you pick one they attack the source rather than following up themselves.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't (provide sources).
    The specific criticism in question was that you were using data that's too old to be applicable. You haven't even tried justifying why old data is still applicable, when there's good reason to expect it isn't: namely, that the political landscape has changed greatly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The specific criticism in question was that you were using data that's too old to be applicable.
    The specific criticism was that 2013-2105 data was too old, which it isn't. The point is that model is valid, and the particular link was out of date - not the actual science behind it.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

It wouldn't be surprising. With Page and Manafort even coming forth claiming to be willing to cooperate, could be a case of the IC having their (as in Trump's people) balls in a vice but trying to push for them to flip instead of just nailing them and them alone.

edit: Flynn may have been the first to be willing to fully "play ball" given he was already busted, went seemingly off the grid after, and could have certainly faced jail time over the crimes he supposedly committed that prompted his resignation. Page and Manafort are also possible if the shit keeps getting deeper as they're struck between American intelligence and Russia, one of which is killing associated officials left and right.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2017-03-26 at 01:38 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    If you're looking to equivocate a little more effectively, you're looking for, "for a lot of people Clinton was just the lesser of two evils and for a lot of people Trump was the lesser of two evils". If you just want to troll then you should at least fully commit and go with "to a lot of Trump voters who saw him as the second coming of Jesus". You should be able to have managed this on your own. :/
    I'd like to point out that many people on this forum (so definitely some) who constantly respond to criticism directed at Trump in a similar fashion: "Your guy lost suck it up sore loser!"

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Im honestly shocked this made it to 6 pages. How utterly moronic can people be to take anything or any political pundit from CNN seriously? Their is literally way more evidence of UFO's then Trump/Russia collusion. God bless the poor libnogs who buy into this bullshit though, makes me happy that if I ever have a rough day I can click to MMO-C offtopic to see bat shit fucking crazy people talking lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    It just happened ... he failed at demolishing the ACA.

So - his supporters hate that he failed.
    His haters hate that he tried.
    His backers are going to lose money because he failed.

Oddly enough, Obama's ACA will be the orange killer.
    supports will be happy that HE tried will being pissed at the GOP members that didn't jump on board. They wont hold him responsible for the vote.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

As much as I want this to true, has anyone else seen it anywhere else yet?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    How utterly moronic can people be to take anything or any political pundit from CNN seriously?
    CNN has plenty of solid commentators and contributors, just like NBC CBS ABC Reuters PBS and, yes, FOX. They can be biased and also well-informed, and even biased sources can be right.

This is probably not one of those times.

Quote Originally Posted by Stacyrect View Post
    Im honestly shocked this made it to 6 pages. How utterly moronic can people be to take anything or any political pundit from CNN seriously? Their is literally way more evidence of UFO's then Trump/Russia collusion. God bless the poor libnogs who buy into this bullshit though, makes me happy that if I ever have a rough day I can click to MMO-C offtopic to see bat shit fucking crazy people talking lunacy.
    Nearly everybody in this thread (including me) has prefaced their comment with "if confirmed" or something along those lines.

But the argument does make sense in one regard:
    - That Manafort, Page, and Stone are all testifying in front of Nunes, but Flynn is not, says something. He is the only member of the inner circle not to.
    - That Flynn registered as a foreign agent retroactively after resinging as NSA is a defacto admission of a crime.
    - That Flynn has not made any public comments but the other three have says something.
    - That is came out yesterday that Trump Administration officials are clearing their phones regularly, expecting to be subpoenaed.

This is all more smoke. But the smoke clouds are getting thicker and darker.

If I were you Stacy, rather than projecting, I'd start figuring out exactly what point you're going to retreat to when the Jenga tower that is holding up the Trump Administration collapses.

But I'll say it again: we're all waiting for the *big moment*. You care to bet it isn't going to happen? Ain't a smart bet friend.

I wouldn't put much stock in this unless it actually comes out, this sounds like conspiracy theory stuff.

I mean, a conspiracy theory about the actual conspiracy theory. Uh...

Okay let me rephrase that, I'll believe Flynn flipped on Trump when I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And For bonus news, That moment when a DM was tweeted out lol.
    No more Mr Nicey Spicey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It's perfectly valid and relevant. You (all Trump haters) have been so blinded that you failed to see the inevitable.
    I wouldn't call winning by a margin of -2.1% "inevitable" lol.

Inevitable... hmm let's see... like how a Muslim ban would inevitably be overturned by the judiciary on constitutional grounds, or like how you can't kill Obamacare without suffering the political consequences of stripping insurance from millions who benefited from it thereby inevitably leading to the reform failing even within your own party, or like how you'll never get Mexico to pay for a magical wall and inevitably the American people will.

Now that's what inevitable means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Winning? Lol ok.
    FBI investigation confirmed.
    Wiretap lies exposed.
    President humiliated by the FBI Director.
    Sessions stepping aside on Election investigations.
    Two Muslim bans blocked
    Historically low approval ratings
    Flynn resignation
    Mattis threatening to resign.
    Nunes being a moron.
    Trumpcare's cataclysmic collapse.
    House Republicans in a Civil War (as predicted last year).

Yeah. We're winning. 65 days in and Trump has achieved basically nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nearly everybody in this thread (including me) has prefaced their comment with "if confirmed" or something along those lines.

- That Manafort, Page, and Stone are all testifying in front of Nunes, but Flynn is not, says something. He is the only member of the inner circle not to.
    - That Flynn registered as a foreign agent retroactively after resinging as NSA is a defacto admission of a crime.
    - That Flynn has not made any public comments but the other three have says something.
    - That is came out yesterday that Trump Administration officials are clearing their phones regularly, expecting to be subpoenaed.

If I were you Stacy, rather than projecting, I'd start figuring out exactly what point you're going to retreat to when the Jenga tower that is holding up the Trump Administration collapses.

But I'll say it again: we're all waiting for the *big moment*. You care to bet it isn't going to happen? Ain't a smart bet friend.
    Exactly. It's a big if and yet to be confirmed. But him doing so would not be surprising in the least given the timeline.

Flynn was outright busted. Not just the IC holding shit over him. He was outright busted and basically forced into resignation. The idea that Flynn's balls are in a vice and now flipping to save his own ass isn't that outlandish in the least. Then you add on that Page, Stone, and Manafort have all emerged from the swamp claiming cooperation makes everything look worse.
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

7+ Year Old Account
    Skroe, i just had a crazy thought. What would the reaction of the FBI/CIA/NSA/etc be if Flynn were to suddenly be the victim of a drive by shooting, or his tea were poisoned with polonium, or etc etc etc that just screams PUTIN but for which there's no hard evidence of connection?
    @Skroe : I eagerly await your reply.

NOTE TO ANY FED AGENT MONITORING THIS: This is a hypothetical discussion. Please don't send the black helicopters.
    Last edited by Berengil; 2017-03-26 at 02:33 AM.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by mage21 View Post
    I mean, you could characterize it as continuing to snowball, or you could say that left-wing accusations continue to fail to find purchase. Nothing substantive has come out, in spite of all the accusations and "scandals", that shows in any way that the Trump team colluded with Russia to affect the election, which is really what this is all about.

I hate to bring up Hillary, and please don't misunderstand, but there's more evidence Hillary colluded with the media to affect the election than there is Trump colluded with Russia to affect the election.
    See above. This has been a disastrous 65 days. You think is is left wing accusations? There is an enormous number of people in the center and on the right who ALL want to take down Trump and capitalize on every leak, every news story that has organically come out. The truth will not stay hidden forever.

By the way, the National Security Adviser resigning and Sessions stepping aside qualifies as "substantive" things that have come of it. That's the set up. Those are things that will be required to blow this wide open and eventually get Trump removed.

Fact is, and I really want you, personally, to take this to heart mage21, the worst days of TrumpRussia are ahead of Trump, you, and his supporters not behind. And everyone who defends Trump now goes down with the ship.

Apparently Flynn's spokesman said he is "not responding" when asked if he was working with FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Skroe, i just had a crazy thought. What would the reaction of the FBI/CIA/NSA/etc be if Flynn were to suddenly be the victim of a drive by shooting, or his tea were poisoned with polonium, or etc etc etc that just screams PUTIN but for which there's no hard evidence of connection?

NOTE TO ANY FED AGENT MONITORING THIS: This is a hypothetical discussion. Please don't send the black helicopters.
    Not Skroe but the IC likely already has significant information on most of the parties involved going one way or another. Flynn suddenly dropping dead may stop him from testifying in court but he may have already given information to them to be used and it could easily just force them to go into taking off the kid gloves, dropping the methodical approach, and going media dump mode.

They're taking the slow and steady methodical approach in order to maximize the potential of coming out victorious and minimizing the damage the fallout would cause to the American political system, even if it's going to be a shitshow regardless. They're making sure to be 100% accurate, probe all possible additional sources that may have been compromised, etc and clean house in one fell swoop. If their informants start mysteriously dying, the leaks will turn into a fire hose.

It would unleash a political crisis in this country the likes of which we've never seen. I'm not even sure where it would go. If you want a seminal event that would have Republicans utterly abandon Trump, that would do it. Because it means ANYBODY opposed to Trump could be a target, which means EVERYBODY is a target. A Special Prosecutor being appointed would be the least of it.

This would be an extremely scary place to go for the country.

But yes, Flynn must be protected if he is cooperating with the FBI. Putin _will_ try and kill him. He's been killing people left and right for the past two months.

7+ Year Old Account
    It would unleash a political crisis in this country the likes of which we've never seen. I'm not even sure where it would go. If you want a seminal event that would have Republicans utterly abandon Trump, that would do it. Because it means ANYBODY opposed to Trump could be a target, which means EVERYBODY is a target. A Special Prosecutor being appointed would be the least of it.

But yes, Flynn must be protected if he is cooperating with the FBI. Putin _will_ try and kill him. He's been killing people left and right for the past two months.
    What would happen if it were proved that Putin ordered the death, of an American citizen, retired general, and former cabinet member on US soil? War?

Obviously Trump would be impeached and tried for treason if he knew about it and did nothing. What about if he had no prior knowledge, and it was just Putin covering his own ass?
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Basically. Either way most of the parties involved are fucked. Putin likely will try to kill Flynn, if Flynn really is working with the FBI as an informant, and likely also target people like Stone, Manafort, and Page who have strong Russian ties and also came out of the woodwork pledging cooperation as things are getting a bit hotter.

If informants start dropping, the IC will likely just bury anyone and everyone and work to fix the damage and stop the inevitable crisis later. Them being alive means a more surgical removal and finds all parties involved.

There's also the whole ordeal of a foreign leader ordering the assassination of an American citizen on American soil that could escalate things so badly. People voted for Trump thought we'd avoid confrontation with Russia but an action like that would be huge.

- - - Updated - - -

What would happen if it were proved that Putin ordered the death, of an American citizen, retired general, and former cabinet member on US soil? War?

Obviously Trump would be impeached and tried for treason if he knew about it and did nothing. What about if he had no prior knowledge, and it was just Putin covering his own ass?
    Part of the claim being made by the IC, according to some of the leaks and "investigative information" is that Trump was compromised years ago and basically cultured. It would explain his sudden delve into politics and political discussion back in 2012 that culminated in his 2016 election run, along with his extremely close relationship with Russia, Russian banks, and even Vladimir Putin himself that went on for years despite Trump's claim that it never happened and his supporters lapped up.

Am I saying it's true? We haven't seen the evidence ourselves yet so no. But there's absolutely no way Trump didn't know what was going on. He was either an active participant or was willing to let it slide because it was at his benefit. Either one is enough for impeachment.