Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    When have Democrats had an ounce of common sense?
    I don't know, how about 2007 when, now in control of the House and Senate, instead of shutting down the Iraq War overnight, which they could have with two votes, they partnered with Bush and fully financed and supported the surge, against their liberal base's wishes for an immediate withdrawl form Iraq.

You want patriotism? That's patriotism right there.

They put up John Kerry in 2004, a John Kerry who loses to the same tactics that you deride Trump for using, naturally.
    And you know what I abhor those tactics now? Because history happened and I learned from it. I'm not a retarded 21 year old anymore. A good bit of Trump's online support can be summed up in two words: "stupid" and "kid".

Meanwhile, Obama effectively salvages the party for eight years, and what do the DNP elites do the nanosecond Obama is out of power? They put up John Kerry (female) in 2016.
    It wasn't Obama. It was Howard Dean's 50 state strategy. What happened was that starting in 2010, and running through 2014 after Howard Dean's historic success, the Democratic Party got pulled to the left and basically abandoned' the Blue Dogs he and Nancy Pelosi worked very hard from 2004-2008 to cultivate, to their fate.

Remember: the Republican majority in Congress, right now, is built on several dozen moderate Republicans who a decade ago could easily have been Blue Dog Democrats.

That is how thin the Republican majority is and the nonsense people like Hooked espouse take it for granted.

Democrats, with the right candidates and against a historically unpopular President, could easily retake the house in a Blue Dogs 2.0 operation, especially if Trump follows through on his threat and primaries the moderates who opposed him, as well as the Freedom caucus members on the far right.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post

I get it Hooked. You're one of the 37%. And falling.

So when do people think Trump's approval ratings will hit the 20s?
    I do not see it going below 30% for the same reason I said all along that the pre-election polls were wrong. When polling, you ask the respondent a question. I sincerely believe that many Trump voters were ashamed to admit they were voting for him.

Same thing here. Many GOP voters are too ashamed to admit they elected the wrong person, whether it be in the primaries or the general election. So even as the light in the dark tunnel keeps getting closer, they ignore the fact that it might be a train bearing down on them, and continue on with what they think is a righteous campaign.

I get it Hooked. You're one of the 37%. And falling.

So when do people think Trump's approval ratings will hit the 20s?
    I'm going to guess that there's a few people who actually believed him when he said he would pass healthcare, and he would see that everyone had insurance. They can't be too happy with him now. Also, all the people who voted for him because their health insurance premiums and deductibles are rising can't be too impressed either.

If you really voted for him because you're paying more and more for insurance that you can't even use, and Trump fucks up the Obama care replacement, well that's bad enough. But now, Trump tells you, well fuck you, I'm going to just let Obama care die slowly because it's politically expedient for me, and you can continue to suffer in the meantime. How fucking stupid does he think his supporters are?
    Last edited by Merkava; 2017-03-26 at 09:11 AM.

If Trump is cleared of RussiaGate mummery, are you going to acknowledge that you've been experiencing the same mass hallucination as the Democrats have for the past four months?
    After a clear explanation by the FBI of how these coincidences came about? Of course. The facts will speak for themselves.

But you know what the chances of that happening at this point are? Let's just say, if I were you, I'd start planning my fall-back political argument. Before you know it that five months you speak of will be 10, and RussiaGate will get worse. The worst days of the scandal are ahead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    What we're seeing so far on Trump and Russia is nothing compared to But Her Emails. Tell you what, when there are half as many investigations into Trump and Russia as there were with Benghazi, I'll join you in asking for Congress to hit the brakes. Sound fair?

I mean, there was enough guilt for Trump to fire Manafort, Page, and Flynn, and for Sessions to recuse himself. That's not hallucinations. That's genuine smoke, potentially fire. But it's a little early to say "mass hallucination" when the people called to testify haven't testified yet.
    In defense of my former party, I would only point out that Benghazi and Hillary's emails are two separate concerns. They had a common intersection, but they were different.

10+ Year Old Account
    ISo when do people think Trump's approval ratings will hit the 20s?
    That's asking a LOT. Nixon never dropped below 24.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Many GOP voters are too ashamed to admit they elected the wrong person
    Maybe, but good news! Those crowded GOP town halls are, hopefully, evidence enough that they can do something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Merkava View Post
    I'm going to guess that there's a few people who actually believed him when he said he would pass healthcare, and he would see that everyone had insurance. They can't be too happy with him now. Also, all the people who voted for him because their health insurance premiums and deductibles are rising can't be too impressed either.

If you really voted for him because you're paying more and more for insurance that you can't even use, and Trump fucks up the Obama care replacement, well that's bad enough. But now, Trump tells you, well fuck you, I'm going to just let Obama care die slowly because it's politically expedient for me, and you can continue to suffer in the meantime. How fucking stupid does he think his supporters are?
    Trump is still draining the swamp, why do people always underestimate him?. I mean holy shit. Do you actually think President Trump doesn't have advisors?.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Trump is still draining the swamp, why do people always underestimate him?. I mean holy shit. Do you actually think President Trump doesn't have advisors?.
    The question is, does he have any advisors that will not be indicted?

Was that reply intended for me? You quoted my post, so I'm guessing maybe it was, but it has no relation whatsoever to anything that I said. Care to try again?

How much of the swamp has he already drained? What is he planning on doing next to further this goal?

What we're seeing so far on Trump and Russia is nothing compared to But Her Emails. Tell you what, when there are half as many investigations into Trump and Russia as there were with Benghazi, I'll join you in asking for Congress to hit the brakes. Sound fair?

I mean, there was enough guilt for Trump to fire Manafort, Page, and Flynn, and for Sessions to recuse himself. That's not hallucinations. That's genuine smoke, potentially fire. But it's a little early to say "mass hallucination" when the people called to testify haven't testified yet.
    Obama was had electronic surveillance on trump for almost a year, It was not only illegal but they didn't find shit.

Obama was had electronic surveillance on trump for almost a year, It was not only illegal but they didn't find shit.
    Actually Nunes said it wasn't illegal. And that's assuming he even has evidence of anything at all.

Skroe you were so serious before the election, you were going to actually punish us supporters of President Trump if he lost, don't you remember how vindictive you were on November 7th?

Sorry skroe but I pray that President Trump is all that you feared he would be. Remember what I said before the election when I was thinking Trump may lose. I quote "half of us are going into concentration camps, who goes only depends upon who wins".

Well we won.
    What do you think we're doing now?

Make no mistake Hooked. Putting President Trump through the gauntlet is also putting the Trumpkins through the gauntlet. We are punishing you. This thread is punishing you. Every day you read a new RussiaGate story and it causes you a moment of misery is us punishing you. Capitalizing on Trumpcare's failure is punishment.

You should know Hooked, I do some side work for an anti-Trump group, and one of things I'm describing here is something we've steadily worked. The public campaign against Trump is one of creating untold misery for people who supported him. Historically, people abandon politicians when it's ratched up and the people and the politician are associated.

It may not work for you. But it will work for many of your kind. I've said since November, there will be no silverbullet for removing Trump. It will be a steady flow of conversey, failures, scandals and embarrassments, all of which we hit upon in just 66 days. And then at some point... at the worst moment, the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back will come around.

That is how Trump ends. That misery making I'm talking about? That's tending the field and preparing it for "the big day", which again, I think is 2 years out.

So yes. This is punishment. This is exactly what I described months ago. Even had Hillary won, burning down the field of weeds Trumpkins represent would have been exactly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    The question is, does he have any advisors that will not be indicted?
    We will see, either President Trump is going to Prison or Obama is going to Prison. I predict it will not be the current POTUS that will be going to prison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you actually think President Trump doesn't have advisors?.
    Based purely on his results so far, no. At least, not very good ones. More objectively, many of the spots he's supposed to fill are empty (more than other Presidents at this time of their service), he just fired another one, and he's giving his daughter a WH office.

The question isn't "do we think Trump has advisors?" The question is "why should we think he has advisors?" This is Mr. Only I Can Fix It we're talking about.

What do you think we're doing now?

Make no mistake Hooked. Putting President Trump through the gauntlet is also putting the Trumpkins through the gauntlet. We are punishing you. This thread is punishing you. Every day you read a new RussiaGate story and it causes you a moment of misery is us punishing you. Capitalizing on Trumpcare's failure is punishment.

You should know Hooked, I do some side work for an anti-Trump group, and one of things I'm describing here is something we've steadily worked. The public campaign against Trump is one of creating untold misery for people who supported him. Historically, people abandon politicians when it's ratched up and the people and the politician are associated.

It may not work for you. But it will work for many of your kind. I've said since November, there will be no silverbullet for removing Trump. It will be a steady flow of conversey, failures, scandals and embarrassments, all of which we hit upon in just 66 days. And then at some point... at the worst moment, the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back will come around.

That is how Trump ends. That misery making I'm talking about? That's tending the field and preparing it for "the big day", which again, I think is 2 years out.

So yes. This is punishment. This is exactly what I described months ago. Even had Hillary won, burning down the field of weeds Trumpkins represent would have been exactly the same.
    We know Skroe, you on the left are punishing us, we all know already. We are just waiting for our turn patiently. We will then throw all of you into prison if you are lucky. I think work camps would be better though, at least you could be productive and help the country for once.

On topic, It'll be interesting to see if topic of this thread gets any play on any of the Sunday shows. Sure would be nice, but I'm gonna guess no.

That's asking a LOT. Nixon never dropped below 24.
    Yep. I'm mostly just talking 29.

As I said though, I'm not in a rush for Trump to hit the 20s. The worst thing that could happen would for Trump to hit 25 in June and then recover over the summer. I'd much rather a slow decline over the 30s through the year and him to hit the 20s at the worst possible moment, when TrumpRussia comes to a head.

Also, thread note...in terms of terminology about something I wrote, we should all be using "TrumpRussia" rather than "RussiaGate", to make sure we're properly naming the suspected perps. RussiaGate obfuscates who is under investigation. Trump is under investigation, and not Russia. "___Gate" is historic of course, but if confirmed, TrumpRussia will be far bigger.

- - - Updated - - -

We know Skroe, you on the left are punishing us, we all know already. We are just waiting for our turn patiently. We will then throw all of you into prison if you are lucky. I think work camps would be better though, at least you could be productive and help the country for once.
    How American of you. And once again, remember, I'm the conservative here. You're the maniac.

It's not just people on the left, Hooked. I've voted for exactly one Democrat in my whole life. Care to guess what her name was? And I know a lot of people just like me.

We will see, either President Trump is going to Prison or Obama is going to Prison. I predict it will not be the current POTUS that will be going to prison.
    Funny. I do not see Obama or any of his staff being investigated, or about to go before a Senate committee to testify. I do not think you are very good at this "prediction" thing.