Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Dogs saved from being slaughtered for food arrive in America

46 dogs arrive in NY from NYC from South Korea. These dogs were rescued from a farm where they were to be slaughtered for human consumption.

http://m.chron.com/news/world/articl...photo-12616143

10+ Year Old Account
    Why? /tenchars

there are objective moral truths to the world.

western society is morally correct on this issue.

in an ideal world, nobody would need to eat meat, not even other animals.

"An estimated 17,000 other such farms still operate in South Korea,"

great 46 dogs "saved" millions being eaten, those dogs are kept around the same way we keep cows or sheep, should south korea "rescue" 46 cows from america now?

TLDR : i don't see how this is news.

They eat animals available to them such as dogs, north Americans eat animals available to them such as cow and pig, Aussies eat animals available to them such as kangaroos... If we find a 15 legged flying squirrel on Mars when we eventually populate it, were going to eat that too.

I'm pretty sure if these guys bought these dogs at the "list" price for what they would have sold them for that the farm over there is not too worried about it..

What's the point? This is as equivalent as India buying 46 cows from us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

great 46 dogs "saved" millions being eaten, those dogs are kept around the same way we keep cows or sheep, should south korea "rescue" 46 cows from america now?

It isn't, I think some people want to feel like they made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    Why? /tenchars
    Why what?...

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Biggest pile of garbage idealogy i ever read. How do you think we evolved from single cell organism? By being a vegetarian?
    i don't really care how. if we could prevent the destruction of life, it would be nice.

we can't, sadly.

once we master genetics, maybe then we could alter everything in the world into herbivores.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

What? care to explain?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

If they want to they are more than welcome to come save them. They just need a volunteer organization to do it.

It isn't "news" because you may not be a pet owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Why what?...
    Why would someone bother saved a few animals that are bred for food? As someone else said before, it's like South Korea "saving" 46 chickens from the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean good for them for saving the dogs from horrid conditions but that should be the take away here not that south koreans eat dog like it's some ass backwards practice. Meat is meat.

"Ideally" we wouldn't sleep either.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    What? care to explain?
    an ideal world where no life needs to be taken.

cats are obligate carnivores, they must eat meat or they die. humans can live without meat, but it's an unhealthy existence.

sadly, an idealistic world cannot exist yet.

- - - Updated - - -

"Ideally" we wouldn't sleep either.
    ideally it would be a choice. not sleeping could get maddening after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I mean good for them for saving the dogs from horrid conditions but that should be the take away here not that south koreans eat dog like it's some ass backwards practice. Meat is meat.
    While I personally wouldn't eat a dog or a cat or a horse(who knows, I may have). Who am I to condemn those that do?

If they want to they are more than welcome to come save them. They just need a volunteer organization to do it.

It isn't "news" because you may not be a pet owner.
    i've had a dog before my nan has had like 2 dogs i've watched them all grow up from pups and grow old and die.

what you need to understand is they're not around to be pets they're around for food, if koreans suddenly stopped eating dogs all those dogs would just be killed and no more would be bred, same as cows, well except we would use their leather and have to throw away the meat but you get the idea, they are farming those dogs, even if they had bad conditions lets not pretend chickens aren't kept in horrible conditions either : battery hen.

ideally it would be a choice. not sleeping could get maddening after a while.
    Not necessarily.
    In this "ideal" world our bodies would so accustomed to it we wouldn't know the difference.

Fucking savages!

I have seen videos where they boil dogs alive just cause they think it makes them taste better! I swear the howls of pain is unbearable to hear and i wish i could go there and boil those fucking savages instead!!

On the flip side, that's 46 dogs that'll get put down here that won't get adopted or will live their lives in little no kill cages.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    there are objective moral truths to the world.

western society is morally correct on this issue.

I need funding for my trip to africa to persuade wild lions to eat tofu.