Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Okay what now ? I think you got a little confused now.

Unless of course you think that people should be fine with them wiping their asses with other people.
    Really? They are wiping their asses with him? Who woulda thunk it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    The company could on their own honor them but they rather have their cake and eat it too. Meaning they can use jontron to promote game and raise money. If they boot jontron from any involvement with the project they keep the money also. It's selfish of them but that's life sometimes. I won't buy any of their games now that they have decided to politicize their company by joining the regressive left. They can get fucked.
    If the company had politicised it with a different leaning would you have bought it? Let's say, center right.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    If the company had politicised it with a different leaning would you have bought it? Let's say, center right.
    Not at all. It's not about the leaning at all. There is no reason to politicize this. I don't care what jontron thinks as much as I do some cockwombles in the UK that should be making games not playing thought police.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-03-27 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Not at all. It's not about the leaning at all. There is no reason to politicize this. I don't care what jontron thinks as much as I do some cockwombles in the UK that should be making games not playing thought police.
    How are they playing thought police? Seems like quite the hyperbolic claim, and supremely silly given that literally all the did was pull one guys random sounds from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    Bye Felicia

- - - Updated - - -

They made a product and decided that bigots aren't an audience they want. How is that thought policing?
    But the definition of bigot supposes the idea of a person having racist ideals without any reason or logic or data whatsoever, jontron did have some data, and the data exists and it is essentially valid, the conclusion he came to wasnt the most reasonable one, but backed by data none the less.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

Got a problem with it then make your own game.
    Shame you people don't take this advice yourself, this is exactly why this became such a shitfest in the first place.
    Whiny cunts who can't handle jontron's opinions and started bitching at Playtonic about it, neo(shit)gaf to be specific.

They made a product and decided that bigots aren't an audience they want. How is that thought policing?
    I don't think this was where this was ever going until they decided to shine a 50 billion candle power flashlight on the situation through the media's magnifying glass. If they let it lie and moved on no one would care at all. I barely know any of the voice actors in any of the games I have ever played and that is probably par for the course.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Is there even any actual proof of them losing a huge amount of this, or is it just an echo chamber that people are using as proof?

10+ Year Old Account
    Some guy saw some steam threads and therefore this has blown up and everyone wants a refund of course.

Isn't that how Kickstarter works? You pays your money you makes your choice. If it fails, tough.

I don't think a small number of people wanting refunds is much of an issue.
    Yup, people who are saying "I'M GETTING A REFUND" either have no idea how Kickstarter works are just lying to virtue signal to other anti-sjws.

That's not how Kickstarter works you disingenuous idiots.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is there even any actual proof of them losing a huge amount of this, or is it just an echo chamber that people are using as proof?
    No, there's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    Shame you people don't take this advice yourself, this is exactly why this became such a shitfest in the first place.
    Whiny cunts who can't handle jontron's opinions and started bitching at Playtonic about it, neo(shit)gaf to be specific.
    That goes to both sides, as both are equally as guilty of having their own "whiny cunts" who can't handle one thing or another and proceed to complain loudly about it while claiming it's the "other sides" fault.

Or are we pretended that Playtonic's decision was entirely because of said "whiny cunts" and not because they themselves, as independent developers, made a decision that you and others disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    BUT HAVE YOU SEEN HOW MANY SHITPOSTING THREADS THERE ARE?!

But no, no proof of anything one way or another.

Some guy saw some steam threads and therefore this has blown up and everyone wants a refund of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    No, there's not.
    I mean, that's pretty much what it seems like to me.

Less of it being an actual big deal and more of a vocal minority.

I mean, I'm still gonna buy the game when I get the chance personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

It's "Gib Diretide" all over again.

Ah, again, that charming and almost cute delusion that a C-list youtuber droning about racial purity is ''having an opinion''

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still their product that they can do what they want to. They care about diversity and JonTron is apparently a backwards ass motherfucker that hid it well. They can do what they want and that's the point. Got a problem with it then make your own game.
    Again, you're claiming stuff that isn't there, something is probably wrong with your temper atm. My only issue is how playtonic reacted to this affair, and it got resolved on me taking my preorder back and getting ready for Snake Pass tomorrow.

At least my bucks are going for snake pass, looks rather lovely and gasp, rather interesting for a 3d classic style collect-a-thon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    That goes to both sides, as both are equally as guilty of having their own "whiny cunts" who can't handle one thing or another and proceed to complain loudly about it while claiming it's the "other sides" fault.

Or are we pretended that Playtonic's decision was entirely because of said "whiny cunts" and not because they themselves, as independent developers, made a decision that you and others disagree with?

OOooh seems to remind me of the classic argument "oh piracy is killing AAA devs and it's stealing" when the counterargument is "there is no proof the game would've sold anyways for that pirate", noice, love piracy.

PS: Now... considering YL was already gold a few weeks ago and they JUST decided to take jontron off, maybe a pirated version of 1.0 with a "jontron patch" will fix it o:? sounds interesting, if it would then hooray for the bay, if not then eh, maybe i'll get it on a deep deep sale.
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

the shit he said man... I'd disassociate with him just on the basis of how fucking dumb his comments were, never mind them being offensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    the shit he said man... I'd disassociate with him just on the basis of how fucking dumb his comments were, never mind them being offensive.
    Yeah man, how can data be so stupid! i mean numbers must be the stupid thing there!

What he said was stupid, what he used as info wasn't tho, his conclusions were wrong on the matter at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Yeah man, how can data be so stupid! i mean numbers must be the stupid thing there!

What he said was stupid, what he used as info wasn't tho, his conclusions were wrong on the matter at hand.
    That doesn't change at all what Sky High said, since he mentioned nothing about data.

didn't mention data once so you must have the wrong guy, pal.

It's worth noting that the things a lot of reporters are pulling him up on are points he made based on flimsily sourced data. Jon is clearly incredibly inexperienced in politics and far from ready to be discussing his views in a public forum viewable by thousands. I don't think that he's a genuinely unsavoury person, but his political leanings are clearly quite juvenile right now, and in reiterating talking points that are commonly associated with racist ideologies he's put across a very negative view of himself to the public. Unless he manages to rein himself in soon, it's very likely that his brand will turn toxic for other companies to associate themselves with, and undoing that kind of damage is going to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

It may seem like a minor thing now, but there's the very real potential for Jontron's reputation to get much, much worse in the near future if he continues on in this way. It seems like Playtonic were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, and they chose to bite the bullet and distance themselves from the problem early on. I'm sure the last thing they want is for their family-friendly game to be mired in negative publicity upon release if Jon does anything else that gets him in the media spotlight between now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    didn't mention data once so you must have the wrong guy, pal.
    https://scholar.google.com/citations...J:fPk4N6BV_jEC
    Jontron did mention the study during the destiny debate, you must have the wrong info, pal.

http://pricetheory.uchicago.edu/levi...onship1999.pdf
    Also an study that backs up the previous study.

Again, the problem with jontron is that he ended up getting wrong conclussions from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    It's worth noting that the things a lot of reporters are pulling him up on are points he made based on flimsily sourced data. Jon is clearly incredibly inexperienced in politics and far from ready to be discussing his views in a public forum viewable by thousands. I don't think that he's a genuinely unsavoury person, but his political leanings are clearly quite juvenile right now, and in reiterating talking points that are commonly associated with racist ideologies he's put across a very negative view of himself to the public. Unless he manages to rein himself in soon, it's very likely that his brand will turn toxic for other companies to associate themselves with, and undoing that kind of damage is going to be incredibly difficult, if not impossible.

It may seem like a minor thing now, but there's the very real potential for Jontron's reputation to get much, much worse in the near future if he continues on in this way. It seems like Playtonic were in a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation, and they chose to bite the bullet and distance themselves from the problem early on. I'm sure the last thing they want is for their family-friendly game to be mired in negative publicity upon release if Jon does anything else that gets him in the media spotlight between now and then.
    Eh, his subscriber count on youtube pretty much recovered after what... 1 week? it was 9k people who unsubscribed from his yt channel, so yeah.
    Last edited by barackopala; 2017-03-28 at 02:05 AM.