Poll: Are you happy flying is back?

Page 22 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm very happy that it's coming back, and I think Blizzard nailed it. Flying is coming back at the perfect time for me. I have just begun to find myself "exhausted" from grounding around everywhere. So now that I'll be able to fly, I will put forth effort to unlock it, and then replay all the old stuff from this expansion from a new angle. I'm very pleased with this expansion, if Blizzard can produce another expansion with the same level of content and time-locks (examples are flying in 7.2) than wow will have its
    Mojo back for me.

If you complain about it being a carrot on a stick, life in general (on a grander scale) is a carrot on a stick.

Deleted
    Pffffffff.

Dear OP, it's against nature and Gods themselves to put the word "Happy" in a MMO-Champion thread title.

Dont care at all, it's super easy and fast to get around anyway with whistle, gliders and a billion taxispots... ONLY nice thing imo is that I finally can ditch that retarded water strider, welcome back lil Onyxia-flying-drake-mount-thingy!

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Well... except No-Flying is clearly a matter of opinion, hotly debated ad nauseam here in the forums. Not trying to convince you one way or the other; just pointing out that it is subjective rather than objective fact. Personally I'm just amazed that people argue so passionately either way, even threatening (lol) to quit the game if it is or isn't available.

We could have an interesting debate on whether what players think they want always leads to them enjoying the game the most. We are all programmed toward instant gratification, whether it's food or the best movie scene or bis loot. Food is best with a good appetite. Movie scenes get better with proper build up. BiS loot is more satisfying when it feels earned.

How does this apply to flying? (idk really, I'm writing stream of consciousness here )
    • If we can ride instead of running, we'll all be inclined to do that.
    • If we can fly instead of traveling by ground, we'll all be inclined to do that.
    • If we can port instead of flying, we'll all be inclined to do that.
    • If we can press a button and instant-complete (collect loot) without ever going anywhere, we'll all be inclined to do that.

At what point does the game become less fun instead of more?

All that said, I will enjoy using some of my flying mounts again. I will probably enjoy it more for having played without them for a bit.
    This guy gets it, the most logical post I've seen yet. Kudos.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Going from Prepfoot in High Mountain to the Kirin Tor WQ down on the beach is a good example.
    always enjoying a goblin glider trip down there.

(There is a solution to most of problems in life, just gotta see it)

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    "Walking => Riding => Flying => ... => Skipping content" - fallacy logic. Why do you use car instead of walking to your job via feet? Because your job - is what is important for you. And moving from point A to point B - isn't. Flying won't allow me to automatically complete quest objective - quests are still done on a ground. Flying simply smooths some problems with design of content.
    Ok playing devil's advocate (can't believe I'm doing this, as I mostly just laugh at these threads):
    If we could stay home and click instant-complete (collect paycheck) instead of going to work, most of us would do that.
    But studies show staying home instead of getting out to do something useful is the fastest way to age.

As for flying smoothing some problems with design of content, that's a whole other discussion around subjective tastes. I see a lot of people here complain about Highmountain being difficult to navigate. I've never noticed any issues myself. Not saying their views are invalid; I'm sure they've had problems or they wouldn't say such things; I just honestly haven't noticed any problems myself (leveling my 4th toon through the zone now) so must be subjective.

At the end of the day, it's a bunch of pixels on a screen in a computer game. I have fun playing the game with flying and without it. I'm not fussed one way or the other.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Ok playing devil's advocate (can't believe I'm doing this, as I mostly just laugh at these threads):
    If we could stay home and click instant-complete (collect paycheck) instead of going to work, most of us would do that.
    But studies show staying home instead of getting out to do something useful is the fastest way to age.

As for flying smoothing some problems with design of content, that's a whole other discussion around subjective tastes. I see a lot of people here complain about Highmountain being difficult to navigate. I've never noticed any issues myself. Not saying their views are invalid; I'm sure they've had problems or they wouldn't say such things; I just honestly haven't noticed any problems myself (leveling my 4th toon through the zone now) so must be subjective.

At the end of the day, it's a bunch of pixels on a screen in a computer game. I have fun playing the game with flying and without it. I'm not fussed one way or the other.
    Don't compare flying with instant-complete. It's strawman fallacy.

"Flying allows you to skip content" is exactly the same exaggeration, as "Tri-spec allows you to tank, heal and dps at the same time". I can fly in Tanaan and what? Does flying complete objectives for me? Does it kill mobs for me? Collects items? No. All of a sudden I spend exactly the same 1.5-2 hours a day there, as without flying. Not 30-40 minutes, as you would expect with 310% speed. So what? Sky isn't falling? All, flying actually does - makes content less annoying, tedious and more enjoyable. That's it. Nothing more.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-28 at 07:59 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    All, flying actually does - makes content less annoying, tedious and more enjoyable. IMHO - That's it. Nothing more.
    There. Fixed that for you.
    Peace! I'm outta this thread.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    But I think they introduced flying at the best moment
    Best moment was "at launch".

Sadly so many people have either quit or only log in to raid that they will try to use the lack of response to it's addition as a reason they don't need to make it a launch feature for the next expansion >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    If you haven't done part 1 yet then that is on you. It's been out for 8 months.
    Well in fairness there wasn't any reason to do it before flying was added.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Best moment was "at launch".

Sadly so many people have either quit or only log in to raid that they will try to use the lack of response to it's addition as a reason they don't need to make it a launch feature for the next expansion >.>

- - - Updated - - -

In fairness there was, as we all knew ahead of time it'd be back at some point in the expansion.

I don't care a lot. Flight masters in Legion were placed mostly well and we had good things like the whistle and an additional hearthstone to help.

Maybe in two months when I have been flying again for a while I'll be glad and think how I could bear with walking for so long but I somehow doubt it.

Faster mount speed. You want to fly to get faster from A to B but don't care about a mount speed increase? Kinda contradictory.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-03-28 at 08:24 AM.

The only people against flying just want to see others suffer.

Deleted
    With all the stuff comin in 7.2, flying is probably the thing i'm least exited about...
    Will be a nice QoL though!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I sure do after reading so many fliercriers for the past year.

Happy. The grand comprimse has worked well. But at least we get to watch people endlessly complain either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Kind of like politics, where the opposition argues against just for the hell of it and they feel they have to because they are the opposition.
    Most of the 'against' arguments put here show this perfectly, in all its shiny quality.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long

i'm happy; finally back in the air again and not relying on the terrible pathfinding

Same here. And I did the same thing back in WOD - I've bought xpack 2-3 weeks prior to 6.2 release. I mean, what Blizzard expect us to do? Buy xpack, so they would have our money, do achievement and then just unsub? Right? No. Paying in advance - has always been terrible idea. How about buying xpack now? Bad thing about Legion - I don't see any long term content for me in this xpack. Tanaan is just perfect for me. Guaranteed Baleful item once in 2 days. Leveling + guaranteed full 695 Baleful = exactly one month of content. Plus 2-3 months to level Garrison, that doesn't require mandatory logging in on every character every day.

How about RNG? Lol. I hate it. It's fine, when developers need to make game a little bit unpredictable, but it's just terrible, when developers start to exploit it. One Garrison follower can have 2 of 5 class abilities. Since release of Legion - one ability is fixed. So, when I use "change ability" item, that costs 1K Garrison resources - second ability is being picked randomly. Chance of getting right ability - 20%. 20 freaking %! On one of my characters I have been trying to get this last right ability for 1.5 months already. And this freakin RNG system keeps and keeps fooling me. Would I play game, that is based entirely on RNG? Hell, no!

P.S. And it happens on exactly the same "unlucky" Monk, that can't get any Agi Baleful weapons due to bugged personal loot, that no longer respects loot spec after release of this damn Legion.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-03-28 at 09:03 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Happy, should make leveling alts more enjoyable, especially in zones like Highmountain and Stormheim.

Deleted
    If I have unlocked Pathfinder p1 on one char, do I need to do the rest of the goals on that char too? or would any char do since path 1 is accountwide? =)